Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

Its great to want to get along with people, but for me personally its very difficult to be sweet to someone who chooses to dismiss canon statements, actions and occurrences. There are still people who think that Sakura legitimately hated Naruto even when they were Genin, but if they actually cared to LOOK with their special eyes they'd see that's just something she said.

You usually don't cry out in worry for someone you "hate", but hey- whatever. There are still people who think she only EVER thought about Sasuke, yet we have numerous instances during part one where she put Naruto above Sasuke. 

Realistically speaking Its been over 600 chapters and there are still Sakura haters. I think that no matter what we as a group do that's never going to change. 

I once went through panel by panel the Chiyo+Sakura VS Sasori battle to show someone who hated Sakura and thought she was useless that they were wrong. Despite  Sakura taking on an Akatsuki member and WINNING that girl still denied that she was far from useless. When she tried to claim it didn't count because Chiyo did most of the work, i then had to refute THAT--because its pretty damn obvious Sakura pulled more then her fair share. 

That person denied everything despite panel evidence proving them wrong. Those are the sort of people you're up against, people who will refuse any evidence they are given. How is it possible to dissuade that sort of behavior? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#23 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

guy-thank-you-for-cheering-me-on.png?w=5

Haters only make the queen stronger.

Is this better?

Tbq14i4.jpg

Posted Image

#24 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

I see what people are saying, I guess I'm just not used to this type of fandom. The haters are just annoying and I wanted to see more pro NS/Sakura stuff, without seeing their comments.

I'm just gonna try to close this thread before the day is out.

Edited by redrose3443, 10 June 2014 - 12:02 AM.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

This is the exact reason why I stopped debating with the fandom, and its been 5 years since. Let me ask you, will hatred on Sakura from the western fandom change Kishmoto's mind in making Hinata a heroine and the protagonist love interest? Will crazy anti NS arguments or theories change his mind to make NH and SS canon? Nope nothing will change his mind from continuing the pairing development throughout the manga. 

Kishi's top priority will always be the Japanese fandom above the rest of the world. The Japanese fans love NS and they like the development Kishi has done for the pairing. As for the haters let them hate, like Jenskott said there are still fans upset with some canon pairings from the shounen genre from over 10 years ago. When NS becomes canon it will be the biggest kitten storm the world has ever seen.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

I see what people are saying, I guess I'm just not used to this type of fandom. The haters are just annoying and I wanted to see more pro NS/Sakura stuff, without seeing their comments.

I'm just gonna try to close this thread before the day is out.

It's okay, you'll learn to ignore it sooner or later

Posted Image

#27 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

I mean we don't have to ignore it. We can always speak up for what we know is right, because frankly, they're very wrong on their perception of Sakura. And we have a lot of evidence to back us up. Instead of beating fire with fire, or just ignoring the fire, we could always just use our calm judgement to kill the fire. Like... water.. lol

I really do get annoyed when there are just SO many Sakura haters. I mean there are so many people that respect her too, but for some reason they're never there. :/ But whatever I guess it's just a lost cause...

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#28 ioria

ioria

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Just ignore all the "wrong" places/groups and be active in the ones you are fine with, if you can't shrug "haters" off.

That's just my two cents.. but I assure you it's the best thing you can do if you want to avoid rage and stuff :P

14670g.jpg

#29 vblm

vblm

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

In fact, before I even found this site, I saw a comment on youtube saying they didn't understand why girls and ONLY girls liked Sakura. I didn't respond because I was not sure males even supported Sakura, from only seeing females do so.

I'm a dude who likes Sakura, but I think there's something to that. Sakura has a really assertive personality that seems to turn a lot of guys off. I find it a little disturbing that the fan-favorite among lady characters (and I have nothing against Hinata; the bashing culture in this fandom is extremely offputting) is a woman who looks pretty and says very little.

IIRC, she even won some contest recently for "best developed female xharacter", which is kinda absurd since she has so little actual character development in the manga.

#30 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

IIRC, she even won some contest recently for "best developed female xharacter", which is kinda absurd since she has so little actual character development in the manga.

You're serious? Wow. What I noticed is that when it comes to Hinata, she makes such a big show to show that she's finally improving, when she hasn't really had much self-development. She's just the kind of person that relies on others. Sakura makes a much bigger effort to not be a burden to others. She doesn't have anything special, like a kekkei genkai, or a clan with unique jutsus. She worked a hell of a lot harder than the other girls to get where she is now.

I mean, Hinata's okay, but she's not THAT special, to be called the 'best developed female character' -_-'

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#31 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

2u5z95x.jpg

2ivn2tv.jpg

#32 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

My view:

I don't care if people like NS or not. It doesn't matter so much whether they like Sakura or not. So long as they aren't a jerk about it. Pairings, after all, are a silly thing to get bent out of shape about.

I like a good discussion and debate is healthy, but I dislike heated debate and I will avoid debating with people who are prone to it. In those cases it's just not worth the argument.

A word to the wise: "a soft answer turneth away wrath"

Someone doesn't like NS? Don't rage at them about it. If you do argue back, do it tactfully. IMO that's a step in the right direction.

In my opinion, if you want a pleasant change, you should do it in a constructive way, creativity being the best. Maybe, we should organize more well-promoted events (in differents places) where we write, draw, make AMVs and present some articles about Sakura and NS.

The whole NS/NH debates reminds me strongly of the pairing wars in the Sonic fandom between SonAmy and SonAlly fans. By that I mean the attitudes of the fans. (The Sonic fandom really is one of the worst fandoms, for whatever reason.)

Back when I was still in the Sonic fandom, to counter the hate between pairings and characters on deviantART we established a group called "Stop the Hate SA" that featured art for both pairings and art of the two "rival" females getting along. They also made a YouTube channel and featured a few AMVs.

(ETA: Okay, backstory: part of the reason behind the group was the way certain people were treating others just for having different views. It was about the fans getting along, not making people accept the pairing or forcing them to like the other character.)

So yeah, I like your art and have seen something similar before.

This one user on deviantART wrote a good article on NS and why she believed it worked. I wish I had favorited it now, because I have no clue how to refind it. I loved that she stated her views in a mature and logical manner, without resorting to character bashing or calling NH fans stupid.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 23 June 2014 - 06:50 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#33 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

Why did I have to be on the Western side -_- It's literally torture, knowing that basically all your friends are Sakura-haters, and NaruHina-lovers...

Yeah.

So I found out that some of my friends and the people I know also like anime and Naruto. This one guy I know, looked at his facebook page and he was in a NH group. Not that I'd normally care, but the group's description made it clear that they promoted Sakura and NS bashing. How mature. :ermm:

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura, NaruSaku, Naruto Fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users