#21 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

Part of the reason I don't LC much is because I'm busy. It's my last semester and I'm wrapping up a lot of things.

I plan to go to New York this summer as well, and I won't be able to visit this website. I may even say that I may never come back. Who knows? But that's a different story.

I still roll around the boards though.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#22 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

I used to stop in all the time.

Recently, things have been hard at work, as I'm sure they have been for most people who currently hold jobs. Less people are working and doing nearly the same amount of work, therefor folks like me who get to keep our jobs have to do our own plus one or two other peoples.

It's also the main reason I haven't been updating my fic. It's not because I don't want to, it's just really hard for me to do a lot of the things I like to do right now.

I'll try to pop in at least sometime during the weekends.

#23 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

I'm on my PSP nearly all the time on this site.
My system does not support java therefor I cannot use LC.
However, in the rarity that I'm on a PC and LC is open at the same time, I usually hop in.
Like how I did last night.

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Since I rarely come on to the chat anymore, I believe the reason why the chat is so inactive because we're sticking to the rule of "Mod open and watches chatroom so no drama-llama/trouble comes by for members" (in terms of those crazy incidents we had on LC in the past). And since the past months when there was less major incidents going on (or so I believe) and it had became quiet, maybe we should reevalute our options.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

Well, I get on LC whenever I see it open. (even if it's just for a little bit, I like talking to all my friends~) I have a ton of fun on there, and I'd be sad if it was let go but I' still realistic. It has been dying out and now there are more lurkers than active talkers and that's fine too, I get your busy so maybe we just need some fresh faces? Or fresh topics. XD I try a little, I guess.

#26 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 8 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
>.>

<.<

*Gives a SUPER WEDGIE*

|D

B(!

*GIVES U BILL FOR "|D" FAIS*

|D

QUOTE (Dark @ Feb 8 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or fresh topics. XD I try a little, I guess.

moooooooovie niiiiiiiiiiiights~ MOOoOooOOoOoOovie niiiiiiiiiiiiiights

>w>

#27 Rockker

Rockker

Blissfully Inattentive

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Umm, I play guitar, drums, and bass, and i sing a lil bit too. I guess you could say i'm a one man band, but i dont think i could play all at once O,o. Music is my main interest, but i play football and run track for my school ^__^. I like dancing . I am a huge fan of blink 182 and know everything about them..... and scrubs =D

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Feb 8 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
B(!

*GIVES U BILL FOR "|D" FAIS*

|D

moooooooovie niiiiiiiiiiiights~ MOOoOooOOoOoOovie niiiiiiiiiiiiiights

>w>

OH sup krisk!
Honestly, I don't even come on here anymore>.> college stuff etc.
The LC was the only reason i checked in.
Whats the future of LC?

#28 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Tsunade @ Feb 7 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HONESTLY LOL!

Okay okay.. I know this is serious business cause you know it costs money in all. BUT WHATS WITH ALL THE DRAMA LLAMAZ SHAUNA?!

Trying to make people appreciate you more....? Which is odd cause you don't seem to be shelling out money to help Smiter pay for LC. I'm SURE EVERY ONE appreciates his kindness.

I understand that the add on is expensive, but hun THERE IS 265 DAYS IN A YEAR. I think that it'll fully pay it's self out in the end.

And you make it SOUND LIKE it's ONLY THE MEMBERS FAULT FOR NOT COMING IN.

You know what? IT's BOTH OUR FAULTS.

And really.... DO YOU REALISE HOW MANY TIMES I"VE YELLED AT RICK AND TRUE TO OPEN LC?

And that thing about the summer Shauna..? Most of H&E is made up of High schoolers and University kids. PRIME PART TIME JOB SEASON IS IN THE SUMMER. Of course everyone's not gonna have time to USE IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE USED.

Anyway I'm off~ <3

You know what Tsu, I'm done just sitting and letting you be a total b*tch towards me, for absolutely no reason. What is your problem anyways? Why are you so antagonistic towards me? As far as I know, I have done absolutely nothing to warrant the level of animosity that you send my way on a regular basis. You b*itched me out when Rick and Danny were made Mods. You b*itched when the i-Blogs forum came into being, and totally dissed it and me. You acted like a spoiled brat when I was feeling down the other day in the 'What Are You Feeling' thread, and told me 'congratulations' and to basically stfu about feeling sad. The whole point of the thread is to tell how you are feeling. Not to try to make someone feel bad about reaching out to their friends.

And now this nonsense. Trying to make people appreciate me more? Where do you even come up with this kind of crap? And even though it's absolutely none of your business, I have offered to help Smiter pay not only for LiveChat, but for other things with this site. He and I, and the rest of the Admins and Mods work as a team, and we all offer to help each other out when needed, so an ungrateful person like you can enjoy this site ad-free, on a fast server, and with free features like LC.

I certainly don't see you offering him any money, like the rest of us have. So, I'd advice you to actually think before you type. You show your ignorance when you don't.

And if you actually took the time to read my posts fully, you'd clearly see that I asked that the Mods open up the LC more, so that our members could also use it more.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 7 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But, it needs to start being opened more by the Mods, and then used more by our members.

And as I have said and as True has also said, this thread was merely meant to act as a 'heads up' to all of our members about the recent LC inactivity. And then guess what happened? Last night in LC was packed. Like it hadn't been in a very long time. And you want to know why? Because we got the message out and people responded.

And I'm quite aware that summer is 'PRIME TIME SEASON'. I was merely making the point that even though it was the summer, LC was still dead because people had things to do, so we couldn't really look at that as our 'busy' season.

Now, I've swallowed a lot of crap from you, and not once have I spoken back to your childish, rude, highly immature attitude towards me, but there comes a point where enough is enough.

Grow the hell up Tsu, and stop acting like a 3 year old who just discovered how to talk, but uses that newfound ability only to wail and cry to try to draw attention to themselves. Try acting your age ever once in a while, and stop lashing out at someone who has done you absolutely no ill will.

#29 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

Huh... didn't know about this thread until this morning, it had nothing to do with me helping to jam-pack LC lastnight.
I didn't respond to the "message," I was just there.
xD

#30 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 8 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since I rarely come on to the chat anymore, I believe the reason why the chat is so inactive because we're sticking to the rule of "Mod open and watches chatroom so no drama-llama/trouble comes by for members" (in terms of those crazy incidents we had on LC in the past). And since the past months when there was less major incidents going on (or so I believe) and it had became quiet, maybe we should reevalute our options.

It has been incident free for awhile now.

It was put in place because of numerous incidents that kept coming out of it (2007 was a really bad year for LC). In particular that mess in April 2007 which could have easily resulted in the perma ban of multiple members and liability exposure sufficient to result in this site being shut down if the wrong people had be present.

I will attempt to open it more Saturday's and early evenings during the week, but with my job and being married now I cannot commit the time I used to. I have to get up too early (5 am) and it's not fair to my wife to be chatting all the time.

#31 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 8 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what Tsu, I'm done just sitting and letting you be a total b*tch towards me, for absolutely no reason. What is your problem anyways? Why are you so antagonistic towards me? As far as I know, I have done absolutely nothing to warrant the level of animosity that you send my way on a regular basis. You b*itched me out when Rick and Danny were made Mods. You b*itched when the i-Blogs forum came into being, and totally dissed it and me. You acted like a spoiled brat when I was feeling down the other day in the 'What Are You Feeling' thread, and told me 'congratulations' and to basically stfu about feeling sad. The whole point of the thread is to tell how you are feeling. Not to try to make someone feel bad about reaching out to their friends.

And now this nonsense. Trying to make people appreciate me more? Where do you even come up with this kind of crap? And even though it's absolutely none of your business, I have offered to help Smiter pay not only for LiveChat, but for other things with this site. He and I, and the rest of the Admins and Mods work as a team, and we all offer to help each other out when needed, so an ungrateful person like you can enjoy this site ad-free, on a fast server, and with free features like LC.

I certainly don't see you offering him any money, like the rest of us have. So, I'd advice you to actually think before you type. You show your ignorance when you don't.

And if you actually took the time to read my posts fully, you'd clearly see that I asked that the Mods open up the LC more, so that our members could also use it more.

And as I have said and as True has also said, this thread was merely meant to act as a 'heads up' to all of our members about the recent LC inactivity. And then guess what happened? Last night in LC was packed. Like it hadn't been in a very long time. And you want to know why? Because we got the message out and people responded.

And I'm quite aware that summer is 'PRIME TIME SEASON'. I was merely making the point that even though it was the summer, LC was still dead because people had things to do, so we couldn't really look at that as our 'busy' season.

Now, I've swallowed a lot of crap from you, and not once have I spoken back to your childish, rude, highly immature attitude towards me, but there comes a point where enough is enough.

Grow the hell up Tsu, and stop acting like a 3 year old who just discovered how to talk, but uses that newfound ability only to wail and cry to try to draw attention to themselves. Try acting your age ever once in a while, and stop lashing out at someone who has done you absolutely no ill will.

LOL!
Tsu.gif

#32 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

dark doesn't want to know what went on in 07 I'm glad we've been incident free. It makes me proud that we are so well behaved. :teehee:

#33 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

Oh boy...
QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 8 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been incident free for awhile now.

It was put in place because of numerous incidents that kept coming out of it (2007 was a really bad year for LC). In particular that mess in April 2007 which could have easily resulted in the perma ban of multiple members and liability exposure sufficient to result in this site being shut down if the wrong people had be present.

Sounds bad, what kind of stuff?

#34 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Dark @ Feb 8 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dark doesn't want to know what went on in 07 I'm glad we've been incident free. It makes me proud that we are so well behaved. :teehee:

Lee was around in 07 but was oblivious to everything. PHAIL.

P.S. Shriner! When'd you get married? How come I never heard about it? Last I heard you were still engaged! PHAIL again!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#35 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

WAIT. YOU GOT MARRIED?

Congrats!!

love.gif

oh, love~

#36 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Feb 8 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lee was around in 07 but was oblivious to everything. PHAIL.

P.S. Shriner! When'd you get married? How come I never heard about it? Last I heard you were still engaged! PHAIL again!

No, consider yourself lucky. It was exciting, but in a bad way.

Me, too. I think I heard that you had a date, but I was otherwise oblivious. Congrats!

#37 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Feb 8 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, consider yourself lucky. It was exciting, but in a bad way.

Um... okay... then I won't ask for details about what happened. All I know is that it was ugly o.o

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#38 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Feb 8 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um... okay... then I won't ask for details about what happened. All I know is that it was ugly o.o

Thank you Nick, Lee. I got married June 28, 2008.

#39 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 8 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it was just a drama-filled year that I am *so* glad has not repeated itself since then happy.gif

#40 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 9 2009, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 8 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it was just a drama-filled year that I am *so* glad has not repeated itself since then happy.gif

Lol, quote and post related? If so, then I'm happy to! laugh.gif

Anyway, LC yesterday was cool. I even had some lag, which has been a while, so I guess people still come on when they have the time.

And guys, once again: we're not asking anyone why they don't spend their lives in LC. Why you come on or not is irrelevant as this is supposed to be a voluntary option for the members to chat when they have the time to. If you don't have time to step by LC, or if you can't because your platform doesn't support java for any reason, then don't... we're just happy you guys stick with us on the boards. Of course, chatting with everyone on LC can be great fun from time to time, but this thread isn't supposed to threaten any of you to log on whenever you see LC. It's entirely up to you if you want to chat or not, so don't let us dictate when you're supposed to come on. I noticed some members mentioned this when you got on last night, and while I know it might have been said in a joking manner, I just wanted it to be clearly stated once again.

And I do believe everyone has seen and understood just what this thread was supposed to say. LC is here for another year at least, and we know H&E won't be quite the same without it. Alternatives can be discussed as it is, and we might consider some of them (like we considered an IRC-channel), but we also want LC to stay easy to use, and easily accessible for everyone. So don't feel pressed to log on just to "make us keep it", since it's here to stay for another year, and we'll (the mod-team that is) try to open it on a more regular basis since it's mostly our fault for not opening it so you can come on anyway.

Your drill is the drill that will pierce the LC! tongue.gif [/GAR][/nonsense]

Gais gais... we'll talk about this... in another year, kay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users