• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#21 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:30 AM

This change doesn't really bother me since I'll just persevere. I like that i-Blog has it's own little section since I've been hanging around there a lot biggrin.gif

#22 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

As long as you don't turn all the text into kanji or put everything upside-down, I'll be O.K. with it. ^__^
Organization, however unpleasant, is not the end of the world.
I'll just find a way to navigate despite my impaired sense of direction. XD

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#23 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ Nov 11 2008, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This change doesn't really bother me since I'll just persevere. I like that i-Blog has it's own little section since I've been hanging around there a lot biggrin.gif

I agree XD

But then I'm a wee bit biased :teehee:

It's grown quickly and looks to keep on growing, so I believe it warrants it's own section happy.gif

But I'm also not adverse to it being put somewhere else if that's what everyone else wants ^^

#24 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Rick (Bonta-kun) @ Nov 11 2008, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suspect you know and were just trying to be a smartarse, however I'll tell you anyway just in case, Smiter is Brittish and uses Brittish spelling, therefore his spelling is correct tongue.gif

That excuse never worked with my english teachers!!!!

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#25 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

Which is ironic.... because it is English, and our language derived off of it.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 11 November 2008 - 04:20 PM.

#26 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Rick (Bonta-kun) @ Nov 11 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suspect you know and were just trying to be a smartarse, however I'll tell you anyway just in case, Smiter is Brittish and uses Brittish spelling, therefore his spelling is correct tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nikko @ Nov 11 2008, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That excuse never worked with my english teachers!!!!

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 11 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is ironic.... because it is English, and our language derived off of it.

I am far-far too entertained.

and this is how you spell smart ass.

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Don't start BS people. There are spelling differences between AMERICAN English and BRITISH English...

*looks at the those last 2 words he just typed*

That doesn't sound right...

Anyways, let's move on.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

Anyway, I like the new set up, it makes it easier on my hand held to navigate.

#29 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

New improvments are always good!
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#30 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:03 AM

I would like to make a quick announcement. happy.gif

The current forum layout has come in for some criticism, and there have been some very fair points made. Over the past couple of weeks, the H&E admins and mods have been working on a new layout proposed by Vyse, one of our mods.

We really like Vyse's proposal, which makes the forums easier on the eyes and also brings back the ninja theme, but we would also like to know what you think! For this purpose, I have put a beta of the new layout over at a secret test board:

Heaven & Earth: Whirlwind

Please excuse the unfinished look! I would have liked to have spent more time sprucing up the place, but life has been very demanding as of late. I feel it's far more important that we get the forum organisation sorted out first. Then we can worry about the eye candy later. tongue.gif

If you log in at Whirlwind (it has a copy of H&E's database that is a couple of weeks old, so only REALLY new members may not be able to log in), you can be able to see a drop-down box at the bottom left of the index page. That will let you select skins! We've been playing around with some nice skins, but we'd like to know what skin(s) you like and why. smile.gif Don't worry too much about colours and icons, those can easily be changed. Just go for what you think has the best "feel" for you e.g. a skin that feels comfortable for you to use.

So, please post and say what you think of the new forum layout and maybe even a few comments about the skins!

If the new forum proposal is popular enough, then it will be implemented ASAP. Then we can choose one or two of the most popular skins and get them running before Xmas. smile.gif

#31 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

Maybe it's just me being fond and nostalgic, but I'll have to say that I like the current H&E layout. The colour schemes are good and navigation is easy once you adapt. However, since the main purpose of this thread is to discuss the new forum layouts, I'll give my opinion.

Curly: A cute one; I like the coloured boxes up the top for some reason. happy.gif The forums feel a bit bare without the summaries and stuff, and maybe not pure white for the stuff down the bottom (hurts my eyes adjusting from blue to white) but as Smiter-sama has pointed out, these don't really matter.

I believe I can fly: I prefer this one over Curly. Maybe because it's a bit more similar to the current H&E layout. I would say that this one is easier to use and adjust to. Pretty background, too. So to answer the question, this skin is a bit more comfortable to transfer to.

But I'm a sticker for old stuff. I really like the boards the way they are. I've come to see this design as part of H&E, something I expect to see when I click on the bookmark. Of course, this is just my opinion - my honest one, too. laugh.gif I'm sure you mods and admins will figure something out. :thumbs:

#32 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:32 PM

I don't care all that much for the skins. I'd probably stick with the default (maybe with a new top banner?), but I Believe I Can Fly isn't too bad.

The forum reorganization works for me, but then I tend to stick to the bottom half of the board (where the NaruSaku stuff is) so the parts that shuffled aren't going to throw me off much. And it's nice to get more of the ninja village theme going.

#33 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

Not bad.

I like the test layout. Implement it soontimes?

#34 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ Dec 3 2008, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it's just me being fond and nostalgic, but I'll have to say that I like the current H&E layout. The colour schemes are good and navigation is easy once you adapt. However, since the main purpose of this thread is to discuss the new forum layouts, I'll give my opinion.

Curly: A cute one; I like the coloured boxes up the top for some reason. happy.gif The forums feel a bit bare without the summaries and stuff, and maybe not pure white for the stuff down the bottom (hurts my eyes adjusting from blue to white) but as Smiter-sama has pointed out, these don't really matter.

I believe I can fly: I prefer this one over Curly. Maybe because it's a bit more similar to the current H&E layout. I would say that this one is easier to use and adjust to. Pretty background, too. So to answer the question, this skin is a bit more comfortable to transfer to.

But I'm a sticker for old stuff. I really like the boards the way they are. I've come to see this design as part of H&E, something I expect to see when I click on the bookmark. Of course, this is just my opinion - my honest one, too. laugh.gif I'm sure you mods and admins will figure something out. :thumbs:

laugh.gif PB just basically said everything I wanted to say. I also feel the same about the Curly and the I believe I can fly layouts too. But just like Nick and PB who like the current layout, I'd probably just stick to the default layout. Though, I do find it quite nice and creative how you spruced up the headings and subheading for each forum category smile.gif

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#35 Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-God

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Movies, Anime, Martial Arts,Games, and hanging out with my friends

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

I agree with PB
"I got lost on the road of life"
-Hatake Kakashi

Image by YumeChan23 (http://yumechan23.deviantart.com/)

#36 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

The thing i really like about the new layout is that its alot more compact than before, the ninja theme is cool and all, but the best thing is easily the fact its alot more compact now. As for the skins, well, I love the default skin we have at the moment, so i'll probably stick to using this.

#37 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:59 PM

I'm easy to please, so I can't really say I have any specific preference.

As long as the forum is around in any way, shape, or form, I'll be happy as a clam.

#38 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

So, most of you feel that you're happy with how the forums are currently organised? I'll wait for more responses before we make any firm decision, but we have these options:

1. Keep the current forum organisation.
2. Use the new forum organisation.
3. Keep the current forum organisation, BUT add the ninja theme to it.

I'll make an announcement box and throw up a poll tonight. happy.gif I've only just got back from work and am in need of sleep!

So the most popular skins so far are the Fly and Curly themes? PB, it's no problem adding the forum summaries to Curly, it just needs a little code tweaking. smile.gif You have a point about the colours, they need a little adjustment so people can read for a long time without eyestrain.

I'm thinking we stick with a blue theme (Fly or default) for the main skin, but we'll offer alternatives for members who may be sick of blue! laugh.gif

Thank you for replying!

#39 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Dec 5 2008, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Keep the current forum organisation.
2. Use the new forum organisation.
3. Keep the current forum organisation, BUT add the ninja theme to it.

I'll make an announcement box and throw up a poll tonight. happy.gif I've only just got back from work and am in need of sleep!

I'm curious about the ninja theme. Neeeenjah are cool. Gmail recently added some themes and there was a ninja theme. It was, uh, very ninjaish. XDDD

Get some good sleep, Smiter-sama! H&E needs you are your best laugh.gif

So the most popular skins so far are the Fly and Curly themes? PB, it's no problem adding the forum summaries to Curly, it just needs a little code tweaking. smile.gif You have a point about the colours, they need a little adjustment so people can read for a long time without eyestrain.

Actually, I'm only replying because of this. I'm wondering if it's just my account, my plain idiocy, or if some mistake has been made. Apart from the default and the SoWeb 2.0, Fly and Curly are the only alternative skins that can be chosen. happy.gif

#40 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

Ninja theme = the ninja village-like names we gave the Categories and forums on Whirlwind. happy.gif If you compare them with here, you'll notice there are different names, such as "Sai's Modern Art 101". This was done because we felt we'd drifted too far from the original ninja theme we had when H&E was first born 4 years ago.

Nothing wrong with your account, that is what we have available. smile.gif I would have liked to have added more, but I'm very fussy with skins. XD I'm hunting for one or two more, maybe a dark skin for those who like their forums shadowy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users