IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: H&E is moving!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

This week, Heaven & Earth will be moving to a new host!

As I am sure many of you know, last Saturday Heaven & Earth went down several times due to server outages. That was only the latest in a long line of slowdowns/outages over the past several months. We feel that this is unacceptable, so we will not be renewing our account which was due to expire on the 26th of this month.

So, tomorrow, we will be purchasing new webspace at a host we have carefully picked. Heaven & Earth will be shut at approximately 6pm British time on Wednesday 23rd January (1pm Eastern / Noon Central / 10am Pacific). You can find out the time for your area by using the Timezone Convertor.

We are sorry, but taking Heaven & Earth offline is necessary for backing up and moving the files to the new server. We just want to do our best to make sure nothing is lost. We appreciate your patience and co-operation during this time.

If all goes to plan, the nameservers for the domain name will update and point toward the new server by this weekend. happy.gif And everyone will be able to enjoy this website on faster and more reliable servers!

Thank you very much for reading. smile.gif

#2 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

So just chill out for the next few days and do other things. There's always AIM or MSN to get on also. Just get excited that we'll get to come back to a faster host! happy.gif

#3 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

Other... things?

Oh well, good luck on the movage!

#4 gamemaster2

gamemaster2

Badass extraordinaire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Video games of any kind, anyone in depth enough to read this stupid page, and a bunch of other stuff I can't really think of a way to list so they could be written down here..........Bacon tastes pretty good though.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

Soooooo.......what exactly does this mean? Is it gonna be like this place, except relocated? Will it be a different web address? Im not exactly following.

#5 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

The change should be invisible to you guys other than being closed for a day or so and subsequently being (hopefully) faster and more reliable.

The name will remain the same. All the posts will remain. All your profile information stays.

Everything.

#6 gamemaster2

gamemaster2

Badass extraordinaire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Video games of any kind, anyone in depth enough to read this stupid page, and a bunch of other stuff I can't really think of a way to list so they could be written down here..........Bacon tastes pretty good though.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:14 PM

Ah, okay, thank you. I guess thats pretty cool then. Thanks for the upgrade! :thumbs:

#7 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (gamemaster2 @ Jan 22 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, okay, thank you. I guess thats pretty cool then. Thanks for the upgrade! :thumbs:

No problem.

Hey, we're irritated by the downtime and general slowness, too.

#8 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

Sweet!

Can't wait till we're on the new server! FASTER LOAD TIMES FTW! XD

#9 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

I sure hope that it will become faster =D
The site is awfully slow for me sometimes happy.gif

Yay for the move happy.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#10 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

I'm not looking forward to being without this site for 3 maybe 4 days....but I guess it was inevitable.

uc.png

#11 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

Since the site is going to be shut down, there's only one thing to do....

go to other websites D=
I am still pinky-ash

#12 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:55 PM

Hopefully the new server won't cause the same problems as the one we are on (the SQL) if it was the proble of course.

Question! How long will it take to go back in buisness? Hopefully fast H&E is becoming like a addtiction slowly (Second webpage I go on after turning on the web browser)
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#13 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

Well I personally can't wait for the move. When I surf H&E at school on my laptop it takes forever to load >.< and the internet at school is super fast DX... So yea... faster load times!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#14 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

hmm its that time again huh *packs up bags to get ready*

#15 The_ Mad_Hatter

The_ Mad_Hatter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:&lt;a href=&quot;http://photobucket.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/4v3ryShingl3r/Itacichibi.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; alt=&quot;Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

good luck!!!!XDi guess im gonna have to find a new place to live 4 awhile. :shamefulcry0js: i can wait though

#16 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

This is one of my favorite places to go on when I am at work. Now I actually have to do work DX Oh well, I'll just have to stick to my other forums for now.

Thanks for putting such hard effort to run this site! happy.gif

#17 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:59 AM

Can't wait for the boards to run more quickly! :thumbs:

Yeah.. I pretty much almost gave up the other day when they weren't working. tongue.gif

#18 DasDeke

DasDeke

In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Anime,Music, Poetry,Writing,Video Games,Photography, Computers, Bushido,Tattoos,Philosophy

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

Grooovvy new space! No wait! No mess no fuss!

#19 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Pite @ Jan 22 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully the new server won't cause the same problems as the one we are on (the SQL) if it was the proble of course.

Question! How long will it take to go back in buisness? Hopefully fast H&E is becoming like a addtiction slowly (Second webpage I go on after turning on the web browser)

We're not sure which is why we're saying it should be up by the weekend. It should go pretty quickly, but expecting something with computers to go smoothly is pretty much a guarantee that it won't. B)

#20 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jan 22 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're not sure which is why we're saying it should be up by the weekend. It should go pretty quickly, but expecting something with computers to go smoothly is pretty much a guarantee that it won't. B)

Should is a good word biggrin.gif. A lot of things 'should be' but they're not. There is a old law "What ever could happen wrong will"
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users