90 replies to this topic

#41 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

That's correct. It can be a theme as well. The keyword doesn't need to be used a lot or even once. But it must be important to the story.

#42 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

Really?

In that case, anyone could just write a romance fic and claim it's revolving around the keyword "love".

...Then again, it wouldn't be too hard to insert the word somewhere in there.

Anyway, thanks for the info. ^^

#43 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:54 PM

"Love" is a bit of a softball. happy.gif

I thought about not including it in the initial poll for that reason, but it seemed too appropriate to pass up.

#44 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

Can I enter without wanting a prize? XD I actually wanna draw a Valentine's day comicish pic as a sequel to the one I did in 2006 (Valentine Paradise) but I dont want any of the prizes cause I already have the artbook, I've got no space in my apartment for DVDs and I don't really hang up posters anymore (only thing hanging is my 2008 Naruto Calendar lol)

...I guess I shouldn't enter then I'm so retarded (I just wanted to be part of the Narusakuness narusakuct7.gif )

love.gif good luck everyone xD (I'll still do that drawing, I have a fresh idea in my head!!)

#45 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Hinano @ Jan 16 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I enter without wanting a prize? XD I actually wanna draw a Valentine's day comicish pic as a sequel to the one I did in 2006 (Valentine Paradise) but I dont want any of the prizes cause I already have the artbook, I've got no space in my apartment for DVDs and I don't really hang up posters anymore (only thing hanging is my 2008 Naruto Calendar lol)

...I guess I shouldn't enter then I'm so retarded (I just wanted to be part of the Narusakuness narusakuct7.gif )

love.gif good luck everyone xD (I'll still do that drawing, I have a fresh idea in my head!!)

unsure.gif

I guess so.

If you place, you can just turn down the prize and it can go to the next entry in line.

#46 Kanae

Kanae

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

I debated with myself quite a bit about this but... at the end I decided to participate with a fanfiction laugh.gif

Here's my entry for the contest!
And the FF.link for it too tongue.gif

Hopefully you guys will enjoy it! Please comment if you can!

Good luck everyone! a_dance.gif

#47 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

I just wanted to ask, what are the entries graded on and stuff?

And we post our entries in this thread right?

I need to get cracking. dry.gif
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#48 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:35 AM

Entries are "graded" by the members of this forum. They need to use a keyword and indicate which it is.. Other than that, members simply pick their favorites and PM those to me.

Entries are placed in the gallery for fanarts or in the library for fanfics. Links to both are on the top of the page.

#49 Usagi

Usagi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jan 20 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Entries are "graded" by the members of this forum. They need to use a keyword and indicate which it is.. Other than that, members simply pick their favorites and PM those to me.

Entries are placed in the gallery for fanarts or in the library for fanfics. Links to both are on the top of the page.

I'll enter the fanfiction category, but, being graded by uber narusaku fans intimidates me. xD

| ♥ | lucky, lucky, you're so lucky... | ♥ |

#50 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Usagi @ Jan 21 2008, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll enter the fanfiction category, but, being graded by uber narusaku fans intimidates me. xD

Don't worry. We're all here to have fun. Just enjoy yourself and write your fic. happy.gif
We're not that scary....We don't bite (well at least most of us don't ) ^^
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#51 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:24 PM

Yeah, its for having fun drawing or writing NaruSaku and showing your spirit. It doesn't matter if you win or not, it's just an extra little treat. Just have fun with it. happy.gif

#52 narusakufan_4ever

narusakufan_4ever

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

i wish i could post a pic but idk how :shamefulcry0js: but oh well narusakuct7.gif narusaku 4 ever!!!

#53 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:45 AM

Just bumping this thread because there's less than a week left and the number of entries is scant. If anybody has had any problems submitting their entry to the gallery or library, please PM me and I'll help fix it.

#54 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:37 PM

Last few days people! Let's get those entries in! wow.png

#55 kawarimi

kawarimi

Monster ga kuru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jan 28 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just bumping this thread because there's less than a week left and the number of entries is scant. If anybody has had any problems submitting their entry to the gallery or library, please PM me and I'll help fix it.

I'll have a fic in, if that makes you feel better. I just have to proofread/tweak it, but it's written out so I'll have it up in time.

The fewer entries though, the better my chances of winning! wow.png
I know, I know - let's go people, get those entries in!

#56 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:13 AM

Man, I can't believe I forgot about this contest! DDDDDX

Mine will be in, in a couple of days.... dry.gif

Hopefully.

#57 wolfninja

wolfninja

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

what can be the fanfics be rated and how to do i enter and submit

#58 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:31 AM

Fanfics can be rated up to "M" (since I didn't clarify about mature in the initial post).

To submit a fanfic, click on the Library up on the top bar of links. Then click on Account Info. From there, a list of links will appear including Add New Story. Make sure that when you're adding a story that you're cutting and pasting the text in instead of adding a file. For some reason, it messes up the linebreaks so it bunches words together. The story will need to be approved by a moderator.

If it doesn't get approved within a day of posting it or if it's the last day of submissions, please PM me.

The system seems a bit buggy and occasionally eats stories. sad.gif

Fanart submissions go in the Gallery, also on the top bar of links. Click on the Contest gallery and then click "Add Image".

#59 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

oK, mine's posted. Title's 'I Dream'. Mind verifying it? biggrin.gif

#60 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:08 AM

Just a reminder about posting fanfics ...

If it doesn't get approved within a day of posting it or if it's the last day of submissions, please PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users