3333 replies to this topic

#2381 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:32 AM

We're in the Land of Iron Arc, well, the end of it. As I said before in another thread, the dub on Toonami is way far behind.

I looked up the wiki to see the English release. Even then, they not even at Kaguya....This rush to Boruto is going to kill them both.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 July 2018 - 03:38 AM.

#2382 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:33 AM

We're in the Land of Iron Arc, well, the end of it. As I said before in another thread, the dub on Toonami is way far behind.

So the point where Naruto truly started going down hill. 

#2383 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:40 AM

I looked up the wiki to see the English release even then they not even at Kaguya....This rush to Boruto is going to kill them both.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense why they want Boruto out and open now when the predecessor isn't nowhere done on the Western side.  Its like Viz Media is on cahoots with SP and Shueisha, thinking its a best seller, when in reality, its not. Viz should had pushed for Sailor Moon's comeback to Toonami instead of milking the dead cow with Boruto. (I'm willing to bet, pro-enders are pushing it).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2384 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, it doesn't make sense why they want Boruto out and open now when the predecessor isn't nowhere done on the Western side.  Its like Viz Media is on cahoots with SP and Shueisha, thinking its a best seller, when in reality, its not. Viz should had pushed for Sailor Moon's comeback to Toonami instead of milking the dead cow with Boruto. (I'm willing to bet, pro-enders are pushing it).

Like I said the companies executives are sick of this series failing in Japan. If it what the international fans wanted; time to show it to them, and if it flops? Time to end it.

It doesn't matter Naruto isn't near over. The executives are sick of Boruto already.

You added this later:

1) Bring back One Piece so its Western fans can catch up.

Funimation is dubbing it. The problem is they don't air it on TV.

2) Since Sailor Moon was the hit show after Dragon Ball Z back in the day, its time to bring the newly uncut Viz dub for its entirely, including Sailor Stars saga on air.

Didn't they do that? At the very least on Nickelodeon?

3) Speaking of Sailor Moon, bring in Crystal as well and do an hour-slot like they did with Dragon Ball.

Crystal? No comment.

4) Grab another Gundam series. Don't care which ones.

To be honest this might offend Rule, but the current Gundam aren't that good. Really not interested in that new build fighter they have right now. Didn't they have Blood Orphans at one point or was the just crunchyroll?

5) Keep other shows like Hunter X Hunter, One-Punch Man and FLCL.

No comment.

6) Black Clover ain't doing well, get rid of it.

That is a shame, but apparently it is at least better then Naruto right now.

7) Put Boruto last. Literally. Naruto: Shippuden however, stays on its timeslot.

To be honest CN should really just try returning Toonami to a prime time slot. They won't do it but its the only way anime will re-surge. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 July 2018 - 03:49 AM.

#2385 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:07 AM

Like I said the companies executives are sick of this series failing in Japan. If it what the international fans wanted; time to show it to them, and if it flops? Time to end it.

It doesn't matter Naruto isn't near over. The executives are sick of Boruto already.

You added this later:

1) Bring back One Piece so its Western fans can catch up.

Funimation is dubbing it. The problem is they don't air it on TV.

2) Since Sailor Moon was the hit show after Dragon Ball Z back in the day, its time to bring the newly uncut Viz dub for its entirely, including Sailor Stars saga on air.

Didn't they do that? At the very least on Nickelodeon?

3) Speaking of Sailor Moon, bring in Crystal as well and do an hour-slot like they did with Dragon Ball.

Crystal? No comment.

4) Grab another Gundam series. Don't care which ones.

To be honest this might offend Rule, but the current Gundam aren't that good. Really not interested in that new build fighter they have right now. Didn't they have Blood Orphans at one point or was the just crunchyroll?

5) Keep other shows like Hunter X Hunter, One-Punch Man and FLCL.

No comment.

6) Black Clover ain't doing well, get rid of it.

That is a shame, but apparently it is at least better then Naruto right now.

7) Put Boruto last. Literally. Naruto: Shippuden however, stays on its timeslot.

To be honest CN should really just try returning Toonami to a prime time slot. They won't do it but its the only way anime will re-surge. 

On my responses:

1) Yeah, I know Funimation is still dubbing it but it needs to come back on TV! That's an international seller right there.

2) Why on Nickelodeon? I thought it stopped airing anime. That was the first kids channel that started the whole "anime=niche" craze and brought in live-action shows as frontrunners and soon the other channels followed. As I said before, Sailor Moon was popular when Toonami first started. It did the reruns of DiC dub and everyone was demanding for the series to continue until we gotten the Cloverway dub for S and SuperS. And since we now have the new uncut Viz redub of the original, its the perfect time to bring it back and have plenty of episodes to show on air including the unreleased dubbed Sailor Stars saga.

3) As I said, Sailor Moon is very popular, might as well show it. Its already done, and they announced the rest of the series are in movie-format.

Skipped to 7) well, I did saw Dragon Ball Super now airing on weeknights. I'm surprised one of the current executives at CN allowed it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2386 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

Don't worry Bail.

* I'm not a fan of Build Divers myself, Really wish the Build series would be put to rest, since it hasn't been good since they smelled money during the first series.

* To fully understand what IBO is saying, you have to look outside the show's narrative. Supplementary materials and interviews reveal a hell of a lot, and with IBO I'm willing to be lenient because it ties into it's messages. Granted, this makes the show come off as a massive troll without those things and tracking down translations/tweets can be a hassle. Otherwise, the show lacks action and has pacing issues.

* I'm a big fan of G-Reco, but I'm not going to kid myself. It's not for most people.

* Thunderbolt is okay, but the source material is much better.

* Twilight Axis was trash, but I've heard the novel is good.

* Screw Origin. Not a fan of it.

And IBO did air on Toonami. It was constantly blamed for weak ratings during s1, Toonami fans declared Unicorn a flop, then IBO s2 pulled in worse ratings. Toonami has been in rapid decline over the last couple of years, and Gundam didn't do it any favors. Maybe 00 could do good, but that's the same thing they said about Jojo, AoT s2, MHA, Tokyo Ghoul, etc.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#2387 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

And IBO did air on Toonami. It was constantly blamed for weak ratings during s1, Toonami fans declared Unicorn a flop, then IBO s2 pulled in worse ratings. Toonami has been in rapid decline over the last couple of years, and Gundam didn't do it any favors. Maybe 00 could do good, but that's the same thing they said about Jojo, AoT s2, MHA, Tokyo Ghoul, etc.

I really liked IBO and know it was pretty well liked, so if it was doing bad, then it was because of the dub.

#2388 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

Don't worry Bail.

* I'm not a fan of Build Divers myself, Really wish the Build series would be put to rest, since it hasn't been good since they smelled money during the first series.

* To fully understand what IBO is saying, you have to look outside the show's narrative. Supplementary materials and interviews reveal a hell of a lot, and with IBO I'm willing to be lenient because it ties into it's messages. Granted, this makes the show come off as a massive troll without those things and tracking down translations/tweets can be a hassle. Otherwise, the show lacks action and has pacing issues.

* I'm a big fan of G-Reco, but I'm not going to kid myself. It's not for most people.

* Thunderbolt is okay, but the source material is much better.

* Twilight Axis was trash, but I've heard the novel is good.

* Screw Origin. Not a fan of it.

I liked the first two but this one, I keep trying to watch it but eh. The main character is just too bland.

IBO season one was OK but season two slowly went down hill. Overall most I hear about it is that its unpopular.

G-Reco seen already given my opinion don't like the female, and they just seem to keep constantly hopping on to the next faction that kept saying the same thing.

Huh. I forgot about Thunderbolt even my sister likes that one, don't recall it having much material to last more then a few season though, and it was mainly OVAs when I watched it.

Never even heard of Twilight Axis. May look it up just to see if it's bad.

Shame I hoped Origins would be good, haven't watched it though.

Like I said for Toonami to really succeed it need to be back on primetime. The fact the people have started to stop watching TV, and just watch steams probably hasn't help.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 July 2018 - 11:05 PM.

#2389 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:24 AM

G-Reco is pretty interesting when you start breaking it apart. It's a journey for it's protagonists to understand the world around them and why this war is breaking out. They go from location to location in order to figure this out for themselves rather than just following what some leader tells them. In the end, each side has it's understandable reasons for going to war but also actions that make them hypocritical or naive about the subject. Mask for instance goes on about the racism he suffers, but only views Bellri based on his lineage. When he only thought of Bellri as the director's son, he was accused of trying to get buddy-buddy for his own gain but when he found out Bellri's real parentage Mask transforms him into his ideal villain.

It really smacks relevant to me with how people keep resorting to safe spaces or cries of fake news/media bias when confronted with information contrary to their beliefs. As Gen Urobuchi put it (he's a fan, saying it made him genki), it's a story about the danger of stories and the protagonists are strong because they resist the stories of others.In the end, it's a show about being open to the voices of others, as well as going out to see the world.

IBO actually tackled this in the opposite direction, giving us a story about the dangers of stories from within a bubble. Everything in it worked to make Tekkadan look like the good guys making the right calls, only to end up regarded as the villains. It never really challenges the on the actions they take, instead making us understand why they did them. It's only when, again, you start breaking down what happened (and a rewatch afterwards helps), that you can see where things started to go wrong. Shino's death, for instance, acts as a foil to his attitude in episode 5.

Plus, if you're familiar with real world laws you can see things aren't so black and white. There are a lot of socioeconomic factors related to the recruitment of child soldiers present in Tekkadan, reasons why we view voluntary enlistment as no different that enslaving them. Hell, I've had to point out by real world standards Naze would be seen as taking advantage of women in a desperate situation, how Lafter's flashback brings up the possibility of child grooming, and how creepy his comment about viewing his harem as his daugters really is. Then there's the fact the World Mechanics book dropped the fact the AV system was illegal the entire time, and the show just danced around telling us it.

The end is clear. A narrative can be made to support any group, but they don't always present the entire truth.We see this actually play a role in the show itself a few times. Tekkadan weren't the heroes the show made them out to be, nor are they the monsters Gjallarhorn made them out to be post-war.

Thunderbolt cuts a good bit of character moments from the manga to focus on the battles. Io's most humanizing scenes are completely cut in season two, as well as Daryl's relationships within the Living Dead. The manga is better.

Origin just feels like a straight up fanfic, trying to make the characters you love seem more awesome. It also makes it feel like their involvement in the One Year War their destiny, making it feel rather artificial. Not to mention how Yaz views the characters differs from Tomino. Tomino, for instance, views Char as immature while Yaz sees him as this complete badass. That's just me though and I know a lot of guys who like it.

Twilight Axis is like 30 minutes total, but they needed to explain what was going on in the description for the first episode. Yeah. People really recommend the novel though.

iSP2FNe.png

#2390 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:37 AM

Toonami, as a television block, is not coming back to it's prime. I'm sorry, but those days are past us. With streaming and downloading, TV is on the decline. The most successful shows are often those that don't have an ongoing story; Netflix has been sited as the best place to view such shows because you can watch them at your own pace. 

So, it really doesn't matter what they put on their programs. Anime has found more success with streaming, with Crunchyroll and Netflix acquiring anime of their own.

As for Boruto, it's odd that they're going to air it now. Then again, given how Shippuden put out a ton of fillers both before and after the NaruSasu fight, they're probably sensing the viewers are losing their patience and knowing what happens in the end, figure it might be best to give them something new. 

#2391 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:24 PM

Toonami, as a television block, is not coming back to it's prime. I'm sorry, but those days are past us. With streaming and downloading, TV is on the decline. The most successful shows are often those that don't have an ongoing story; Netflix has been sited as the best place to view such shows because you can watch them at your own pace. 

So, it really doesn't matter what they put on their programs. Anime has found more success with streaming, with Crunchyroll and Netflix acquiring anime of their own.

As for Boruto, it's odd that they're going to air it now. Then again, given how Shippuden put out a ton of fillers both before and after the NaruSasu fight, they're probably sensing the viewers are losing their patience and knowing what happens in the end, figure it might be best to give them something new. 

Too bad that something new is crappy as hell. 

#2392 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:59 PM

I think the big problem with Toonami is they're chasing fads. People say "oh, you should get x," or "pick up Y" and "Ultra Moon is the way to go," but by the time Toonami gets to them people have already seen them. People had already seen a lot of Toonami shows before they even begin airing, and may not wish see them again. It kinda loses something when a "new show" is something everyone has already seen.

Then there's always the barrier with jumping into long runners.

iSP2FNe.png

#2393 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:15 PM

I think the big problem with Toonami is they're chasing fads. People say "oh, you should get x," or "pick up Y" and "Ultra Moon is the way to go," but by the time Toonami gets to them people have already seen them. People had already seen a lot of Toonami shows before they even begin airing, and may not wish see them again. It kinda loses something when a "new show" is something everyone has already seen.

Then there's always the barrier with jumping into long runners.

This is especially a problem with anime. Back in the early 2000s and 90s, it would take years for fansubs to get picked up and many anime they aired had been out years before. Hard core anime fans had seen these shows before, but most people didn't.

Now, again because of technology, we can keep track of the episodes in real time, and more people than ever are able to see them. So, it's really quite pointless for Toonami to air them in that format now. The only thing they have to offer is that the anime is dubbed, and though dubbing is generally A LOT better now than way back then, it's still the same show at the end of the day. Plus given how some fans refuse to watch dubs, that's another death blow to an anime getting prime time on tv.

#2394 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:47 PM

The thing is they needed to get on prime time not to attract old anime fans but to draw in the kids of today; if they still watch TV.

Toonami originally existed in a time before internet videos, and ended around the time internet video were really taking off. Granted, they did try streaming a few anime on their site at the time, but that's beside the point. A revitalized adult swim with a new name is not going to be as successful as a revived Toonami; because the children that used to watch toonami have moved onto online anime. Its the children that still watch TV they should be targeting.

..Then again who still watches TV.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 July 2018 - 11:55 PM.

#2395 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:12 AM

Oh side note just saw an image when Bolt was using that giant ball against the effeminate one he has his pure eye activated. Of course they added that.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 July 2018 - 12:31 AM.

#2396 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:38 AM

I still don't understand this pure eye. What exactly does it do?

#2397 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

Most people still watch TV, but not the traditional TV that we knew.
In today's technology world everything is going the online way.
Traditional TV is dying and has been dying for years.
The old Nielsen rating system has become irrelevant. And some people in power still want to hold on to the old ways. Either because they think this internet nonsense is just a phase or they just don't know how to adapt.

I've seen this happen a lot in Hollywood movies and TV shows.
Just a couple of months ago two shows got cancelled by Fox because the ratings weren't what they wanted.
And both shows were almost immediately picked up by Netflix and renewed for another season.
Because Fox relied on the old rating system which today is pointless because there are so many factors it doesn't take into account.

People these days want entertainment and they want it now. And by now I mean instantly. Not the way of traditional TV with their schedule.
This is something that the internet can enable. Instant entertainment when you want it and long you want it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#2398 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

I still don't understand this pure eye. What exactly does it do?

Remember the ability Naruto gained by defeating kurama? The power to sense evil or something? The Pure Eye Bolt has is that in eye form apparently. 

He has it because he has a byakugan like eye in his right eye in the future (think Kakashi) the anime wanted something to connect themselves with the manga to make sure it is treated as canon; so, they made the pure eye.

#2399 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

Remember the ability Naruto gained by defeating kurama? The power to sense evil or something? The Pure Eye Bolt has is that in eye form apparently. 

He has it because he has a byakugan like eye in his right eye in the future (think Kakashi) the anime wanted something to connect themselves with the manga to make sure it is treated as canon; so, they made the pure eye.

LoL this little piece of s**t getting power up after power up bargain sale for free in a silver plate without any effort or training.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2400 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

LoL this little piece of s**t getting power up after power up bargain sale for free in a silver plate without any effort or training.

Well, at the moment all it does is let him see evil rise out of people, and he as far as I know can't seem to activate it at will. But this was something they even admitted would be gaining powers as they go along. The sharingan became BS over time but that because kishimoto needed to do that in-order to make Sasuke able to match Naruto, but at the start it had clear and defined abilities and limits. Here, they know they are just going to make it BS from the start in-order to make Bolt all powerful.

Here, its main power as well as the reason it exist is to say all the anime episodes are canon by just showing it here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users