21 replies to this topic

#1 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:56 PM

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right place, but it does have to do with fanfiction, so hopefully it's okay.

I signed up for NaNoWriMo at the end of October, and after starting a fanfiction for another fandom, I had an epiphany two chapters in and decided to change to a Narusaku fic. The trouble is a fair chunk of the later chapters of this second story take place at Naruto's apartment/flat/I'm not quite sure what you'd call it, and I can't for the life of me remember if we've ever seen his place in full.

Have we? And if so, can anyone give me manga chapters/episode numbers? I'm sorry if it seems lazy not to go back and look myself, but since I changed stories midway through November I'm about 15000 words behind schedule and I simply don't have time. sad.gif

I'd appreciate any input, so thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

#2 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

You might be able to see something when Kakashi's having a look in there with the Third Hokage (the bad milk incident). Other than that, one of the first chapters' cover page has Naruto trying to learn jutsu inside his home (it's even got a dummy dressed up like Kakashi!) laugh.gif
Also, I think one of the first eps with Konohamaru has the kid wander around inside the apartment as well, so you could flip through that.

Hope that helped out a bit!

#3 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

Awesome, thanks! I've gone back and flicked through those early chapters and I've found a couple of images that show parts of the room but not the whole thing. I have a clearer idea of how I want to go about it, and I'm pretty sure no one will care if I change a few things. What is fanfic for, if not making stuff up? biggrin.gif

Again, thanks for the heads up!

#4 Zoe

Zoe

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:37 PM

Here you go:

#5 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:38 AM

a_dance.gif

Holy crap, THANK YOU SO MUCH! That's exactly what I was looking for, even if it does seem to completely disprove the image I was going to use as reference!

In that chapter, it looks like the place is really only one room, but as your pictures show, it has quite a few. unsure.gif

Ah well, again, thanks! I can puzzle this out more canonically now. <3

#6 Zoe

Zoe

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:01 AM

Yeah, there is a consistency there. It threw for a loop the first time I saw those sketches.

I think it's the final layout though cause the bedroom is pretty close to some concept art that was floating around for the 360 game. Besides, it'd be a little sad if all Naruto had was a tiny efficiency sad.gif

Edit: Oh, the shot of his apartment in Shippuden 7 matches the sketches as well.

#7 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:59 PM

Looking back on those plans, it absolutely breaks my heart that Naruto ONLY HAS ONE CHAIR. I mean, I get that he lives alone, but surely it's common practice to have a spare chair for when visitors drop by? The only reasoning I can get for only having one chair is that no one visits him, and that's positively awful. sad.gif

I'D VISIT YOU, NARUTO. ;_;

#8 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

I'D VISIT YOU, NARUTO. ;_;

;_: Me too.

*cue the writing of Sakura-buys-Naruto-another-chair fic.* Should totally be a challenge, LOL. But oh man, that is so going in my fic somehow. I don't know how (well I have a good idea, but I haven't written it yet), but it will.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#9 mashimaro

mashimaro

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (princess_dexter @ Nov 17 2007, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a_dance.gif

Holy crap, THANK YOU SO MUCH! That's exactly what I was looking for, even if it does seem to completely disprove the image I was going to use as reference!

In that chapter, it looks like the place is really only one room, but as your pictures show, it has quite a few. unsure.gif

Ah well, again, thanks! I can puzzle this out more canonically now. <3

There is a plan for Narutos Apartment in the Databook ( sry forgot which one it was) he has 2 rooms with a bathroom I think you can see the second room in the front page of chapter 10 its a study room where Naruto reads books while eating ramen xD

#10 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Leney @ Nov 20 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*cue the writing of Sakura-buys-Naruto-another-chair fic.* Should totally be a challenge, LOL. But oh man, that is so going in my fic somehow. I don't know how (well I have a good idea, but I haven't written it yet), but it will.

Ahaha, DO IT. biggrin.gif In my fic, Naruto buys another chair, and it was all I could do not to burst into tears at the gross injustice of him having to do that himself.

And actually, that does sound like an interesting challenge! When I finish this chaptered story, I might attempt a drabble for it. Sounds like fun. laugh.gif

#11 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

I live alone, but I still have five chairs and a couch... But Naruto's appartment is still so much nicer than my own... makes me jealous. I wonder how much he pays in rent! Good luck with the fic though.

#12 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

Don't have anything meaningful to add about the floorplan, but I'm glad to hear that you'll be coming out with a new fic. I really enjoyed Fitting the Pieces and what I saw of Trial and Error.

#13 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for the luck, Vyse - I think I'll need it! biggrin.gif

And Nick, you made my day! I'm stoked that you even remembered my stories - it feels like it's been so long since I've written Narusaku. My NaNo story is actually a reworking of certain plot elements I was planning for Trial and Error, so I'll actually be deleting that off ff.net shortly before I post the new fic. I'll probably archive the original chapters at my writing journal (and I'm definitely keeping everyone's reviews!), but IIRC ff.net has a policy about not posting same/similar fics.

Not sure when I'll have this story up - I've just started writing chapter six of an estimated fifteen-to-twenty, but I know myself too well and I have a habit of abandoning things right near the end. Hopefully it'll be finished and I'll have the first chapter ready to post in mid-December. Thanks again for the kind words! wub.gif

#14 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:01 AM

Ah!! I can't believe I forgot you wrote those! I'd even faved Fitting the Pieces! (I'd mostly remembered you starting that awesome drabble thread from way back when...) :o
And please don't delete Trial and Error! I'd rather liked it! Especially your portrayal of Sai! tongue.gif It'll just be interesting to keep the two side by side so it can be seen how much you've progressed and changed from the initial idea!

..and geeze, Naruto's apartment looks bigger and more sparse than I thought. No wardrobe to hang up clothes. More plants than I expected too.

#15 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Nov 21 2007, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And please don't delete Trial and Error! I'd rather liked it! Especially your portrayal of Sai! tongue.gif It'll just be interesting to keep the two side by side so it can be seen how much you've progressed and changed from the initial idea!

I'm glad you liked the fic, but I don't really want to list another story as abandoned - it seems like that's the status of half my stories at ff.net, and it makes me feel bad. sad.gif It won't be gone forever, just moved to my writing journal, mainly for my records and on the off chance that anyone actually wants to read two chapters of a story that will never be finished. Plus, it was more serious than this one is going to be, and I'm trying to get away from drama.

..and geeze, Naruto's apartment looks bigger and more sparse than I thought. No wardrobe to hang up clothes. More plants than I expected too.

Yeah, he doesn't have a wardrobe but then again he doesn't really have any 'going out' clothes, so I guess he doesn't need to iron or anything. Everything can just be folded and put in his chest of drawers. I'm trying to think if we've seen many of his 'civilian' outfits, but all I can remember are black t-shirts with various symbols on them. Like in 347 (?) when he and the rest of the team meet up for ramen and Sakura is wearing some hideous dress that makes her look about forty. Oh, Sakura. unsure.gif

#16 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

Would i be able to get a link to these fics? Cant remember if ive read something called "Fitting The Pieces" lol.

#17 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (princess_dexter @ Nov 21 2007, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad you liked the fic, but I don't really want to list another story as abandoned - it seems like that's the status of half my stories at ff.net, and it makes me feel bad. sad.gif It won't be gone forever, just moved to my writing journal, mainly for my records and on the off chance that anyone actually wants to read two chapters of a story that will never be finished. Plus, it was more serious than this one is going to be, and I'm trying to get away from drama.

Do what you must then. Do what you must. But you could always list in its summary that it's gone through a spiritual overhaul and rewrite. tongue.gif

Yeah, he doesn't have a wardrobe but then again he doesn't really have any 'going out' clothes, so I guess he doesn't need to iron or anything. Everything can just be folded and put in his chest of drawers. I'm trying to think if we've seen many of his 'civilian' outfits, but all I can remember are black t-shirts with various symbols on them. Like in 347 (?) when he and the rest of the team meet up for ramen and Sakura is wearing some hideous dress that makes her look about forty. Oh, Sakura. unsure.gif

That ought to have changed when he went around with Jiraiya. There's just no way Jiraiya wouldn't have instilled a bit of culture during their travels... Oh well, whether or not would remain to be seen, or likely, never be seen.
And though I agree Sakura's dress did look atrocious, it was the only time in the manga that someone gave such a blatantly flirting look, haha. laugh.gif

QUOTE (rickp2006 @ Nov 21 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would i be able to get a link to these fics? Cant remember if ive read something called "Fitting The Pieces" lol.

Fitting the Pieces
To me, it's one of those pieces that you don't quite forget after you've read it. :thumbs:

#18 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Nov 22 2007, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fitting the Pieces
To me, it's one of those pieces that you don't quite forget after you've read it. :thumbs:

Ah yes i remember this fic, it was damn awesome biggrin.gif

And holy crap, are you from Australia Pricess Dexter? it says so in that ff.net profile of yours. If so, where in Australia? I am from Melbourne biggrin.gif

#19 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

121721.gif Aw, thanks guys! I'm glad you both liked Fitting the Pieces - it's been so long since I wrote it that I can't even remember what happens in it! I'd read it again but I hate re-reading my own work because I pick it apart and think, "Man, what was I thinking?! Oh, and this should be reworded, and that should go like this and--"

Yeah, way too stressful. biggrin.gif

Rick, I am from Australia! I'm in Brisbane, up in sunny QLD, although I was born in Victoria. It's awesome finding other Narusaku fans from down under - there aren't that many of us, so we have to stick together, okay? wink.gif

#20 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (princess_dexter @ Nov 22 2007, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rick, I am from Australia! I'm in Brisbane, up in sunny QLD, although I was born in Victoria. It's awesome finding other Narusaku fans from down under - there aren't that many of us, so we have to stick together, okay? wink.gif

Well damn, thats awesome, i got a mate who was born in Brisbane lol. He says its way better than Melbourne too lol. And yes, we must stick together, since Aussies rule! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users