27463 replies to this topic

#27461 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

While I don't think it would have the extreme shipping backlash, I think the double standard would still have been loud and and active.

Because Naruto's with Hinata, all those fans have happily forgotten the fact that Naruto didn't succeed at ANY of his goals. It feels like a happy ending to them, even though it really isn't for the characters.

But if he were with Sakura, then all Naruto's failures and shortcomings would just be added to the reasons why Sakura is so wrong for him. Basically, she would be getting blamed for Naruto's failure to bring Sasuke home, failure to see any real punishment and failure to become Kage within the space of the manga. And any of the dumb things Naruto did aftwerwards (with Hinata and Boruto), would obviously be all Sakura's fault because she's a terrible wife/mother/human/shinobi/etc. Then NH fans would just hate Sakura more, imagining how perfect life would have been with an NaruHina ending. I just don't see a way that Sakura wins. Which sucks.

And yeah - the fact that they had to retcon a whole series makes it glaringly obvious how the story should have ended.

I agree - I always though it would be Sasuke who would die. Or at the very least become the new 'Jiraiya' traveling monk figure — a powerful, fascinating old friend of theirs whose visits to Konoha always meant bad news. But one who lives so far outside of the realm of Konoha's day-to-day that he's nearly forgotten about for half the series. Literally, like Jiraiya. And which is practically the same as being dead - lol.

And yes, you point out just more reasons why Hinata is a waste of space in the story, at NO POINT does she evolve. Not even the death of her beloved cousin could make her change. She doesn't rise up and fill the space left by him in their clan. Her only ambition is to stand beside Naruto and hold his hand. Which is the same as it was before Neji died. 

I know people say she had a character evolution in part one, where she stood up to Neji and fought him, all because Naruto inspired her. And yes, it's true. She did rise up there. But I'm not sure it took. Because in the end, she is still completely focused on Naruto. She can't see or do anything for anyone else. Sakura told her to focus on the enemy...but in the end, we know that Hinata never does. So is it a valid character evolution if the character doesn't change in the end?

Depressingly, I feel sorta the same way about Sakura. Except where Hinata never truly evolved, I feel like Sakura's evolution was taken away from her. She ended up with Sasuke, in spite of everything she said, did or felt for Naruto. 

Yep, the pro-enders always try to make up excuses whenever you bring up how Naruto never truly succeeded in any of his goals, including becoming Hokage. Even the very one-shot itself, one of the most important days of Boruto's dad's life, was all about Boruto's dad's spawn rather than Boruto's dad himself.

With Sasuke, I always felt that death would actually be too merciful after everything he had done. I feel that him being permanently blinded and crippled would have been a more fitting punishment; knocking him completely off the pedestal he put himself on (and who others did before) to below even an average civilian. We saw through him and Madara that most Uchiha treasured their eyes / Sharingan more than anything. They would gladly sacrifice anything and anyone else in its place. It's not "loving too much" that drove them to commit heinous acts like murdering their best friend and tearing out the eyes of family members to evolve their Sharingan; it was power hunger, greed, and fear of losing their power - their sight / eyes - that they did it. Sasuke was no different. He talked big about "justice" for the Uchiha Clan (first against Itachi, then Konoha itself) but it was ALWAYS about the same thing from when he was a child - getting out of Itachi's shadow and proving himself stronger and more powerful than him.

Hinatatas only "stood up to Neji" after Naruto's yelling. Up until that point, she was on the verge of giving up without lifting a finger due to Neji's words alone. She was already disqualified to be a Chunin right from that first match and, as was mentioned a lot by now, it was never a real learning experience for her that could have been used to actually develop her. Just like ALL her "moments", it came off far more as something meant to placate the screaming NHers and make them shut up for a time especially given such moments are NEVER revisited throughout the entire rest of the story or, again, ever used to truly develop her.

And with Sakura, 2 steps forward, 3-4 steps back sadly. All because of the bias of "higher-ups".

2e5.gif

#27462 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

I don't think you can really put One Punch Man in a fighting game, because once you do, you don't have a game anymore, you just have a winner.

bd5.jpg

#27463 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,645 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:24 AM

Yep, the pro-enders always try to make up excuses whenever you bring up how Naruto never truly succeeded in any of his goals, including becoming Hokage. Even the very one-shot itself, one of the most important days of Boruto's dad's life, was all about Boruto's dad's spawn rather than Boruto's dad himself.

With Sasuke, I always felt that death would actually be too merciful after everything he had done. I feel that him being permanently blinded and crippled would have been a more fitting punishment; knocking him completely off the pedestal he put himself on (and who others did before) to below even an average civilian. We saw through him and Madara that most Uchiha treasured their eyes / Sharingan more than anything. They would gladly sacrifice anything and anyone else in its place. It's not "loving too much" that drove them to commit heinous acts like murdering their best friend and tearing out the eyes of family members to evolve their Sharingan; it was power hunger, greed, and fear of losing their power - their sight / eyes - that they did it. Sasuke was no different. He talked big about "justice" for the Uchiha Clan (first against Itachi, then Konoha itself) but it was ALWAYS about the same thing from when he was a child - getting out of Itachi's shadow and proving himself stronger and more powerful than him.

Hinatatas only "stood up to Neji" after Naruto's yelling. Up until that point, she was on the verge of giving up without lifting a finger due to Neji's words alone. She was already disqualified to be a Chunin right from that first match and, as was mentioned a lot by now, it was never a real learning experience for her that could have been used to actually develop her. Just like ALL her "moments", it came off far more as something meant to placate the screaming NHers and make them shut up for a time especially given such moments are NEVER revisited throughout the entire rest of the story or, again, ever used to truly develop her.

And with Sakura, 2 steps forward, 3-4 steps back sadly. All because of the bias of "higher-ups".

Boruto's dad, Nardo Scumzamaki did Achieve NARUTO's original dream of being Hokage  but damn is he terrible at it. Letting Orochimaru continuing his experiments etc. He does not Achieve any of Naruto's goals like world peace or bringing back his "man lover" Sasuke.  I already stated this, but Nardo Scumazaki is the short haired scumbag replacement of the Naruto Uzumaki We've been following for 15 years because SP NEEDED to have their big kittens goddess have the "man of her dreams" even if it means to retcon the entire story and the very character himself. And this is what we get.

As for Sasuke, I don't think punishing him in any way will sit well with the fans and will deprive Kishimoto of sleep. It's what Sasuke deserves yes, I don't deny it. It just won't sit well with the fans and Kishimoto doesn't have the heart to hurt his "poow widdle" creator's pet like that. You see all BS excuses that he gave Sasuke throughout the story to justify Sasuke's actions because he insists Sasuke miust be Naruto's best friend turned evil but they must ALSO be secret "yaoi guys" for each other. And it shows. Sasuke was, and continues to be a self centred a-hole that gives no $!its about anyone but Naruto/Nardo in the end and never matures or takes responsibility for his mistakes. He runs away from them. And every one STILL kisses his butt for it, ESPECIALLY so for the wife and daughter that he continues to neglect and abandon. Not to mention the best friend who is even "more of a fan girl" than any fan girl.

Hinata, Hinata, Hinata. What is there to say about Hinata? Take away her over-glorified crush On the MC Naruto and you have perfectly wasted ink on paper, or falls in line with the nameless villagers no reader actually cares about. Kishimoto admits it because he does not give her any definable goals of the K11 besides "N-Naruto-kun", When even Ten-Ten was given an aspiration may I add. He gave everyone that courtesy, but Hinata in the end. PLUS SP ADMITS THE SAME THING, because that is the whole reason they needed to make "The Last". To finally have have their sex doll be grinded up by her "man candy", A.K.A. their self insert.  Hinata was irrelevant. She will never be anything but a over-hyped trophy wife. I don't need to show proof, the writing REGARDING HER is evidence enough, now and forever more.

Sakura.......... Is wasted potential. It hurts me to say it, but there it is. Why? Because no matter what her character development is, no matter how much she shows growth and maturity, her defining aspect is that she is a PLOT DEVICE for a love triangle. The one aspect that is always forced on her and that she ultimately crawled back to is her "love (you can't even call it that if you ask me) for Sasuke". That was just the excuse that. Any. One. With any authority over the franchise told Kishimoto to fall back on to make Hinata look better. And you know what? Sakura is not even a proper portrayal of the whole "girl wants bad boy" syndrome". How the "wanting the bad boy syndrome" works usually is that girls will be attracted to the bad boy, they may be "LONGING for the bad boy", but they are never tied down to him and take his abuse unless they are already a couple with that "bad boy." Was Sakura a couple with Sasuke for most of the manga? Exactly. Not to mention that no woman with any self respect or or confidence in herself would EVER take abuse from a man just because he's "hot". Sakura IS is self respecting and a confident woman, but Sasuke must be the sole exception to her attitude. In contrast, her friendship with Naruto has all the makings of a realistic and healthy romance that does not degrade her character to what her detractors accuse her of, which is being a dependent, useless mess like she is with Sasuke. But Ultimately that is what she had to become to fulfill SP's agenda.

Okay that's it from me for now, Rant over. I have work in a bit.       

Edited by Phantom_999, Yesterday, 06:42 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27464 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,067 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:45 PM

Isn't One-Punch Man a seinen series? Because I could've sworn I saw it somewhere that it isn't shonen.

Yeah, technically, but it is hard to keep saying "It is a seinen" when the manga is published by Shonen Jump, it advertises other Shonen Jump manga (including Boruto) in the volumes at the back pages, and Shonen Jump makes sure you know they own it.

It is basically a Shonen in everything, but name.

To me, it is them basically saying "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck.....then it must be a goose." The lines have been blurring lately on what constitutes a Shonen in my eyes mostly because Naruto has some pretty graphic and horrible things in the story that I think would push it up to a Seinen level. At times, One Punch Man is more tame than Naruto, I would argue.

I don't know what really distinguishes a Shonen from some Seinen anymore and I could make arguments.

Edited by James S Cassidy, Yesterday, 05:46 PM.

I hate being Bi-Polar. It's awesome.
Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users