3357 replies to this topic

#3101 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

Looks like the arc must be taking it's toll on the manga's popularity and maybe sales, the speed they just rushed through the battle between Rindou and Aldini was something else, then Azami gate crashes with the two well all I can think is fan service females, who are just annoying, and lastly how they now have a two vs two situation for the final, (though I think many of us expected this to be the case anyway.)

Now someone explain to me why Senzaemon was the one who decided on the final round? He was voted out, he has no power over the school's running right now, infact even last week why was his attendance enough to overturn the issues with having the judges changed for bias judges? Did the mangaka forget that they stripped the old headmaster of his powers? so why is he suddenly dictating the

rules?

Anyone else feel like they've been shafted? around two years of enduring this largely rubbish arc, just to get to the final, and then we get a situation, where the only outcome has to be a rebels win otherwise it will just look like the entire arc was pointless as the number 1 & 2 seat winning now will be under the shadow of bias judges.

iAnby7W.gif

#3102 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

I feel that THE WHOLE AZAMI ARC is a waste of time but not the story in general. it was fine until they thought that they needed a VILLAIN in the story and play up the stakes like a shonen battle manga. that is when it  dipped. I just hope after ths horrendous kitten they go back to the way things were before, honest to goodness. But like I said I only tolerated it up to this point for Erina's development, and that she is moving on as a character instead of remaining that static snob that she was at the beginning and had no clear progression from. It doesn't make the trade off justified or even fair I know, but That is at least the explanation for it.

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 February 2018 - 04:42 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3103 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

Looks like the arc must be taking it's toll on the manga's popularity and maybe sales, the speed they just rushed through the battle between Rindou and Aldini was something else, then Azami gate crashes with the two well all I can think is fan service females, who are just annoying, and lastly how they now have a two vs two situation for the final, (though I think many of us expected this to be the case anyway.)

Now someone explain to me why Senzaemon was the one who decided on the final round? He was voted out, he has no power over the school's running right now, infact even last week why was his attendance enough to overturn the issues with having the judges changed for bias judges? Did the mangaka forget that they stripped the old headmaster of his powers? so why is he suddenly dictating the
rules?

Anyone else feel like they've been shafted? around two years of enduring this largely rubbish arc, just to get to the final, and then we get a situation, where the only outcome has to be a rebels win otherwise it will just look like the entire arc was pointless as the number 1 & 2 seat winning now will be under the shadow of bias judges.

I'm guessing that's the price Azami paid for to meddle in the judging. Remember that Senzaemon agreed to Azami hijacking the jury, but in exchange, the next bout's format will be decided by him. Since Azami being set-up is freakin' obvious right now, I'm betting the next bout is a single dish match, forcing both sides to work with their team-mates.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3104 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:07 PM

I'm guessing that's the price Azami paid for to meddle in the judging. Remember that Senzaemon agreed to Azami hijacking the jury, but in exchange, the next bout's format will be decided by him. Since Azami being set-up is freakin' obvious right now, I'm betting the next bout is a single dish match, forcing both sides to work with their team-mates.

I wonder if we'll ever learn what Azami's plan for Erina ever was?

I really want this arc to be over, even the potential of Erina and Souma teaming up doesn't excite me as much anymore, partly because of the set up and the doubt that's crept in Rindou's mind, suggesting she could end up performing below her peak levels muddying the win of the rebels slightly. Like Souma's third battle against Hayama, it was his first actual win, but the setup was such that it felt less like Souma's win because he was the better chef but more Hayama's losing because his mind wasn't in the competition.

iAnby7W.gif

#3105 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

I really want this arc to be over, even the potential of Erina and Souma teaming up doesn't excite me as much anymore, partly because of the set up and the doubt that's crept in Rindou's mind, suggesting she could end up performing below her peak levels muddying the win of the rebels slightly. Like Souma's third battle against Hayama, it was his first actual win, but the setup was such that it felt less like Souma's win because he was the better chef but more Hayama's losing because his mind wasn't in the competition.

Use her god tongue as a cudgel to threaten restaurants into compliance or suffer a bad review from her.

The problem is again we haven't seen Azami be evil enough to the cast in the present as the evil chairman to hate him. He's honestly been kind of lazy, and out of the picture. Yes, what he did to Erina but that beside the point. Then you have this tournament that stakes are so high that it is impossible for the main cast to lose.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 February 2018 - 11:34 PM.

#3106 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

Well it will definitely be the case against Rindou and Eishi because the fact is Soma is NOT a better chef than them. Not now at least Erina is debatable since she just handed "Momo her butt on a plate" lol (pun intended)

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 February 2018 - 01:30 AM.

#3107 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Well it will definitely be the case against Rindou and Eishi because the fact is Soma is NOT a better chef than them. Not now at least Erina is debatable since she just handed "Momo her butt on a plate" lol (pun intended)

Wait, so Erina is debatable because she beat someone in the Elite 10, but Souma can't be despite beating 4 Elite 10 members to this point, including the Samurai guy who was the 4th seat, only one seat behind the chick Erina beat?

Edited by AHK, 27 February 2018 - 07:38 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3108 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:56 PM

Well all of Soma's victories against  elite 10 are due to flimsy excuses and plot armour. Erina did not win against momo becasue momo had any sort of handicap that I'm aware of, unless her emotional turmoil counts. Well anyway with that said Soma probably has the skills to match the top seats but again, he had to have his opponents handicapped for his wins during this tournament so his skills are undermined by the story though I would very much would like to have him higher placed in terms of skill

#3109 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

It shouldn't matter if Souma is better than Rindou, as it's a 2v2 battle so it should be the overall teams performance. On end we have Rindou and Eishi who have been together for years and likely have formed some partnership and a work relationship, where this would be Erina and Souma first battle together, however we've seen in the past Souma's ability to work part of a team, to adapt allowing his partner to perform at their best, this was highlighted perfectly when he assisted Eishi even without ever working with him. So Souma could very well be the best equipped for the last round.

iAnby7W.gif

#3110 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

As far as I'm concerned the team work aspect has NEVER mattered in the tournament, it was a plot excuse to justify when the rebels WON and make it seem believable, and even then it was hardly brought up. So I'm not too hopeful about Erina and Soma winning through team work, and if it is a win through team work it will probably be an a**p*** one. Just saying :mellow:

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 March 2018 - 06:14 PM.

#3111 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:15 AM

How many time have we even seen them work together in these royals? 3?

#3112 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

It’s a bit stupid that Souma doesn’t look to be taking on the first seat, despite their interaction and the fact that Souma’s style is a direct contrast to his own.

EXL5X4B.png

#3113 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

I really hope they are both going to be force to work on both dishes together. That will at least make thing interesting.

#3114 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:36 AM

Well the set up of the final battle sucks, I thought they'd be working together to make the main course, but it looks like the set up is they have to work on their own dish, maybe there is some leeway for them to work together.

Though what's slightly surprising is that the Mangaka did split the two up so that the more talented of the two would be responsible for the more tougher task, and didn't pit Souma vs Eishi again. Though ultimately it doesn't matter because it's hos the whole dish complements each other that matters. It's the right choice for sure, but one I wasn't sure they'd take.

Also good to see Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb are not complete plebs and even they can admit that Azami is a terrible father...Also great to see Erina stand up to her father, though maybe for drama's sake they should have shown a bit of fear there to add to the tension.

I know I've said it before but I really do like the friendship between Hisako and Souma, it's one of the few friendships you see in Manga between the male lead grow with a female member their age who were orinally at odds with them, and it grews into a natural friendship and not the typical 'another girl who fell in love with the MC but he just see's her as a friend' type of relationship.

Edited by harry4e, 03 March 2018 - 11:37 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#3115 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

well it CAN'T be said that we didn't see this coming :ermm: and now we know there will be some BS where Tsukasa and Rindou's dishes conflict with eachother whereas Soma and Erina's dishes will have perfect synergy and harmony then they win. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY................... :twitch:  At least this $#!& storm is almost over :sweat: I HOPE

#3116 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

well it CAN'T be said that we didn't see this coming :ermm: and now we know there will be some BS where Tsukasa and Rindou's dishes conflict with eachother whereas Soma and Erina's dishes will have perfect synergy and harmony then they win. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY................... :twitch:  At least this $#!& storm is almost over :sweat: I HOPE

I guess I never put it in a post but I been expecting that to happen ever since the first round of this...whatever ended.

#3117 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:24 PM

Though what's slightly surprising is that the Mangaka did split the two up so that the more talented of the two would be responsible for the more tougher task, and didn't pit Souma vs Eishi again. Though ultimately it doesn't matter because it's hos the whole dish complements each other that matters. It's the right choice for sure, but one I wasn't sure they'd take.

Based on what? The entire point of the dynamic between Souma and Erina was to present to Erina that someone could possess a style so incredibly contradictory to her own, yet still be every bit as talented. To say that Erina is any more talented than Souma is false. He's literally beaten 3 Elite 10 members in this arc alone. In what way is he any less talented than her?

It should have been Souma vs Eishi, as it was already built up and they're a direct contrast to each other. It's a bit senseless otherwise.

Edited by AHK, 05 March 2018 - 07:24 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#3118 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Based on what? The entire point of the dynamic between Souma and Erina was to present to Erina that someone could possess a style so incredibly contradictory to her own, yet still be every bit as talented. To say that Erina is any more talented than Souma is false. He's literally beaten 3 Elite 10 members in this arc alone. In what way is he any less talented than her?

It should have been Souma vs Eishi, as it was already built up and they're a direct contrast to each other. It's a bit senseless otherwise.

It has been clear since the beginning that Erina is the superior chief. It was even outright stated after the Moon Banquet that they were fighting over who was the second best chief of their year since Erina as the best chief of their year was a fact. Also as for the plot it is important that she is the best chief between the two of them till he beats her. So it is an actual challenge.

Also Souma beat the fifth (due to a flaw in her cooking) and fourth seat (by throwing everything he had at him). Erina beat the third seat (with ease).

#3119 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:54 AM

It shouldn't matter if Souma is better than Rindou, as it's a 2v2 battle so it should be the overall teams performance. On end we have Rindou and Eishi who have been together for years and likely have formed some partnership and a work relationship, where this would be Erina and Souma first battle together, however we've seen in the past Souma's ability to work part of a team, to adapt allowing his partner to perform at their best, this was highlighted perfectly when he assisted Eishi even without ever working with him. So Souma could very well be the best equipped for the last round.

Yeah I know. I was just explaining the reason for the last fight since you were saying how it was all a cop out or predictable writing :mellow: I have no problem with it

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 March 2018 - 12:55 AM.

#3120 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

OH great why did this weeks chapter give me the impression that even if Eishi and Rindou lose, the winning speech will acknowledge that they were completely not wrong in their thinking, the old regime was indeed broken and needed fixing. or something alone those lines.

This weeks chapter might have finally started to make me understand why Azami is doing what he is doing, he felt the reason Saiba had a breakdown was the feeling that the people he was cooking for did not fully comprehend the passion and feelings behind the dishes, that they were just gluttons that enjoyed the taste but not appreciate the passion, thought and hard work put into making the dish.Or atleast it something along those lines. So it does look like Azami did understand part of why Jouchirou ended up quitting school.

So I think Azami's reason for doing this is so that the chefs passion about cooking is understood by the people eating their dishes, but I think the lesson Jouchirou learned on his travels is that the ultimate goal of a chef is to make the people that eat their dishes happy, and true joy could be found by making the customer happy.

However it still doesn't explain his regime, how does making everything uniform and have everyone sing from the same hymn sheet change things, if everything tastes the same then nothing is special, it's all just another happy meal. 

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users