tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Radra @ Jun 4 2011, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? I haven't watched the episode yet. >>

What scenes did they omit specifically? huh.gif

I'm really looking forward to watching the episode when i have time and the comments i'm seeing so far is... worrying, to say the least.

The interaction between Sakura and Karin was almostly completey passed over. In the manga, Sakura is shown crying, Karin says she doesn't want to sympathize with her. There is a huge panel with Sakura shown with tears streaming down, causing Karin begins to cry too. Then she goes on to say the Sasuke that Sakura knew was gone. This snaps her out of her melancholy and returns her to her purpose of killing Sasuke. So, there's a clear cause-and-effect in their interaction.

In the anime, Sakura heals Karin. There are no tears, there are no exchanged sympathies. If I remember correctly, you only see Sakura's face in profile, partially blocked by her hair. Karin says he's changed, then Sakura's up and running again, back to killing Sasuke.

In the manga, as she is scaling the ceiling to sneak up on Sasuke, the flashback is framed in terms of what she has to do for Naruto, her speaking to the other rookies and that she can't falter. Then, at the decisive moment, there is a short burst of images about Sasuke. That's all. And it's a wide array of their time together, including a mental picture of Team 7.

But in the anime, her desire to do this for Naruto is reduced to a single sentence, and then it launches into a full scale flashback of the entire scene with Sasuke before he leaves the village. Obviously, the love overtones here are unmistakeable. And then she can't kill him. So the whole way it's presented is horribly misleading when compared to the manga.

@BrokenFigurine: Agree 100 percent. The Hinata stuff was exactly what I was thinking about. They spent so much time making her beautiful. And yet they are cutting development from Sakura. No wonder people have such a bad image of her.

edit: I'm not expecting a reanimation of the ending scene in the next episode. It'd be nice, but if they botched it the first time, then I don't have high hopes for a second time. However, it will be interesting to see if they keep the little closeness between Naruto and Sakura after he sets her down. Or if she immediately drops out of the scene. My expectations are low after this episode, though.

Edited by tricksie, 05 June 2011 - 01:49 AM.

#42 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

It's like ciardha says Pierot always designates Sakura's character this makes me wonder why people hate her so much poor Kishi I wonder how he must be feeling to find out his original character is getting bash so much.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#43 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

You know I wonder if they really do have a blatant preference over at Pierot? Wouldn't they be...fired? Or does nobody else notice their Hinata worship and failure to format manga to anime form? They've seriously failed us a ton of times. Aghhhhhh

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#44 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

i dont get it...naruto is one of the greatest mangas right now and it has to get a studio like this....bleach has it better...even one piece is better!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#45 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jun 4 2011, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The interaction between Sakura and Karin was almostly completey passed over. In the manga, Sakura is shown crying, Karin says she doesn't want to sympathize with her. There is a huge panel with Sakura shown with tears streaming down, causing Karin begins to cry too. Then she goes on to say the Sasuke that Sakura knew was gone. This snaps her out of her melancholy and returns her to her purpose of killing Sasuke. So, there's a clear cause-and-effect in their interaction.

In the anime, Sakura heals Karin. There are no tears, there are no exchanged sympathies. If I remember correctly, you only see Sakura's face in profile, partially blocked by her hair. Karin says he's changed, then Sakura's up and running again, back to killing Sasuke.

That part was in the episode, actually. It's very short, but it's there, and is actually the one good part in the episode. If you don't watch it in HD, it might be hard to see, though. The tears were very lightly colored.

If you have trouble finding it, it's right after the Opening song, at around 9 minutes in.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 05 June 2011 - 07:16 AM.

#46 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jun 5 2011, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I actually got arround to watching the episode this morning. Urgh. The NaruSaku moment wasn't as awesome as I hoped it would be.

Although the Sakura and Karin interaction was in the Anime. Maybe you watched a low quality version of the episode?

The Sakura confession flashback was completely irrelevant though. >>

Edited by Radra, 05 June 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#47 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

The tears can be seen in LQ if you look closely.

Btw, Taka's version is out

Edited by Hokage Sennin, 05 June 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#48 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Fliss @ Jun 5 2011, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know I wonder if they really do have a blatant preference over at Pierot? Wouldn't they be...fired? Or does nobody else notice their Hinata worship and failure to format manga to anime form? They've seriously failed us a ton of times. Aghhhhhh

Yeah, I don't know what's going on over there sometimes. This is why I wish the shipping wars would just end. I feel like a lot of the non-manga material gets so much fan-service thrown in that the source material is lost in the process. We saw this in a recent Ultimate Ninja game, where Naruto and Hinata are labelled as 'secret lovers'. And of course, the anime team turned Hinata's one-page fight with Pein into a 10 minute thing, and threw in that annoying bullying backstory.
And it's not only NH fanservice. In the anime/movies, we have scenes with Sakura looking visibly jealous at Naruto being close with another girl (12 Guardians Filler, 2nd Shippuden movie), making soldier pills for him, and contemplating how her feelings are changing. Then later, Sakura's suddenly in love with Sasuke again. It's no wonder there's so many Sakura bashers out there, the anime makes her look like she's clearly in love with two guys.

Well, let's just hope for some NaruSaku in the upcoming filler arc, if we have one right away. Their next interaction is at the ramen shop, and I can see the anime team screwing that up. I'm already dreading what they're going to do with Kushina's last words.
"Just don't fall for someone like your mother, make sure you find a girl...who's weird."

Edited by Boom...Winning, 05 June 2011 - 06:53 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#49 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Sorry, I don't remember the tears in the anime. But chances are high I overlooked it, expecting a larger interaction on par with the manga, where Karin is shown in a sympathetic light, and Sakura is quite distraught and introspective. Karin's words hit her hard. This little scene is the catalyst, driving Sakura to remember her purpose and go after Sasuke again. But the anime reduces it to background filler.

Hmmm.... I just rewatched it on Narutoget and I still don't see tear tracks, but I'll take your word for it. In the manga it's not so much little tear tracks as it is Sakura bawling over Karin. Karin's the one with the little tears leaking out of the corners of her eyes. They seem to have left that out, as well as Karin saying she doesn't want to feel bad for Sakura, which is what starts her (Karin) crying. So my overall point is some things are left out, while the rest is greatly diminished.

I'm surprised the people who like Karin aren't all up-in-arms about this. There's precious little screen time for Karin as it is.

What bothers me is that this one little scene turns Sakura's motivation from fangirl to self-actualized young adult, who loves things/people that Sasuke threatens. Without this scene, as in the anime, her motivation is reduced to the same as it's always been, because she loves Sasuke. Her character becomes that of an unchanged fangirl, not the hero's main love interest and heroine in her own right.

#50 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

just wanted to point out, karin does cry :0 if you look at the corner of her eyes...u can see it biggrin.gif i saw it the first time i watched it without trying XDD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#51 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

seriously? am I totally missing it? and I looked for tears on both of them! eh, oh well. no worries. just makes me sound like I'm ranting for no reason. I swear it, on the ep I saw, there were no tears!! sweatdrop.gif

#52 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

Karin is very visibly crying, and she talks about how she doesn't want to understand how Sakura feels. She sounds rather depressed about the whole thing, and I think her VA did a great job with the emotions. It's one of those moments that turned me into a Karin fan. I think you might be letting your bias regarding the anime studio cloud what you see, tricksie. Same as the Sakura bashers.

#53 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jun 5 2011, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Karin is very visibly crying, and she talks about how she doesn't want to understand how Sakura feels. She sounds rather depressed about the whole thing, and I think her VA did a great job with the emotions. It's one of those moments that turned me into a Karin fan. I think you might be letting your bias regarding the anime studio cloud what you see, tricksie. Same as the Sakura bashers.

uh...seriously, in what I saw, Karin only had one line directly to Sakura, and to me it was kind of flat. and no crying. what the hell was I watching, then?

and, clearly, I'm not a sakura basher.

edit: all right. I found it. So irritating. I don't know what I saw, but I don't remember that scene at all. The version I saw, right after the vids were posted, was missing the intro and outro too, so maybe I just missed it altogether. Lesson learned. Sorry for my irritated rants about omission.

obviously not bias, just a mistake.

edit, again: feeling rather stupid and useless now, what with my sandcastle arguments all washed out. apologies all around for that colossal waste of time.

Edited by tricksie, 05 June 2011 - 11:56 PM.

#54 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jun 5 2011, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uh...seriously, in what I saw, Karin only had one line directly to Sakura, and to me it was kind of flat. and no crying. what the hell was I watching, then?

and, clearly, I'm not a sakura basher.

edit: all right. I found it. So irritating. I don't know what I saw, but I don't remember that scene at all. The version I saw, right after the vids were posted, was missing the intro and outro too, so maybe I just missed it altogether. Lesson learned. Sorry for my irritated rants about omission.

obviously not bias, just a mistake.

edit, again: feeling rather stupid and useless now, what with my sandcastle arguments all washed out. apologies all around for that colossal waste of time.

LOL, I don't think your rant was entirely groundless. The Karin thing didn't really bother me, and I wasn't too mad about the rescue animation, but the episode really made her hesitation to kill Sasuke a lot more romantic than it should have been. And the fact that they re-animated that whole confession scene, shoved it down our throats for the millionth time, and made it a lot more dramatic with the Shippuden soundtrack really annoyed me. I've always hated that confession scene. Not because I don't like SasuSaku, but because it reminds of how much I disliked Sakura when I first watched Naruto. Thanks anime team for reminding me of how Sakura used to be a desperate fangirl willing to betray Konoha for her first crush, and trying to pretend that she hasn't changed one bit since then.
But again, the anime team isn't always NH/SS bias. It seems like every filler arc or Shippuden Movie has a little bit of NS in it, and they had some pretty heavy hints during the Rasen-Shuriken Training. And of course, the Uniqlo OVA was pretty blatant NS in my opinion. I just wish they wouldn't blow some of these canon anime scenes out of proportion like in this episode.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#55 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jun 5 2011, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I don't know what's going on over there sometimes. This is why I wish the shipping wars would just end. I feel like a lot of the non-manga material gets so much fan-service thrown in that the source material is lost in the process. We saw this in a recent Ultimate Ninja game, where Naruto and Hinata are labelled as 'secret lovers'.

Ohhh yeah when I saw that on the game I ranted for about an hour >( Ahaha....but seriously I don't understand why they are allowed to tamper with stuff like this. I mean, 'secret lovers' my ass. They have interacted like, as much as he has with any other person of Konoha 11..not including Sakura and Sasuke, of course tongue.gif I think they shouldn't be a allowed to mess around with canon material. Whatever, I know we will win in the end. Then we'll see who gets a sexy team name on the video games xDD

Edited by Fliss, 06 June 2011 - 01:59 AM.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#56 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

The last time Naruto and Hinata had interacted in a actual conversation was when Naruto was about to fight Neji at the finals of the chunin exams and that was like 400+ chapters ago.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#57 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

Trust me Karin fans (your's trully included) have been up in arms about the anime teams shortchanging of Karins character for awhile now.

One of the scenes weve most been pissed at was during the battle with the Hachibi when karin saves Sasukes butt, Sasuke looks at her with a shocked and awed expression and out right thanks her. the first time hes genuinely thanked someone since he left Konoha and this to a person that many people blow off as a useless fan girl.

They short changed the scene so that Sasuke just stands up and mvoes off without a word shorting the entire interaction between the two.

I still get a laugh at the secret lovers thing on the game. its such a well kept secret that Naruto doesnt even know about it.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#58 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jun 6 2011, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, I don't think your rant was entirely groundless. The Karin thing didn't really bother me, and I wasn't too mad about the rescue animation, but the episode really made her hesitation to kill Sasuke a lot more romantic than it should have been. And the fact that they re-animated that whole confession scene, shoved it down our throats for the millionth time, and made it a lot more dramatic with the Shippuden soundtrack really annoyed me. I've always hated that confession scene. Not because I don't like SasuSaku, but because it reminds of how much I disliked Sakura when I first watched Naruto. Thanks anime team for reminding me of how Sakura used to be a desperate fangirl willing to betray Konoha for her first crush, and trying to pretend that she hasn't changed one bit since then.
But again, the anime team isn't always NH/SS bias. It seems like every filler arc or Shippuden Movie has a little bit of NS in it, and they had some pretty heavy hints during the Rasen-Shuriken Training. And of course, the Uniqlo OVA was pretty blatant NS in my opinion. I just wish they wouldn't blow some of these canon anime scenes out of proportion like in this episode.

I'm starting to think that Pierrot interprets the manga only once, thus getting only the first impressions. We change our opinions on that chapter after reading it many times. And besides they take great care in giving fanservice to the NS/NH/SS/SN fans.

#59 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jun 5 2011, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Just don't fall for someone like your mother, make sure you find a girl...who's weird."

I lol'd

if they start messing with Kushina's story to make her more like Hinata or something Imma bus' a cap in they ass.

#60 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jun 5 2011, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I lol'd

if they start messing with Kushina's story to make her more like Hinata or something Imma bus' a cap in they ass.

I doubt they will do that they can't mess that much with canon material from the manga it's pretty well obvious that Kushina is a tsundere like Sakura and she has Naruto's personality. There's no way they are going to make her into the sweet girl that couldn't tell the guy she likes because she was too shy to tell him and she ended up giving a suicidal confession and that's how Minato fell in love with her. rolleyes.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users