• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Apr 24 2012, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

latest cover

I like it!!

I love it.

My only complant is that you can only see Kurama's, Gyuki's and Shukaku's faces clearly, I wanna see all their faces.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#4 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

I never noticed in the chapter how the seven tails is in a larva stage. Very thoughtful, Kishi.

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Awesome cover!!!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

I must say, that's pretty epic.

#7 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

Heh, I can see this cover bringing back the theories about Naruto's direct connection to the Sage of the Six Paths...

Those theories being:

The story is a time loop and Naruto is the Sage himself

or

Naruto is a direct reincarnation of the Sage

I'm more inclined to believe the later, it would fit in with what Kishimoto has hinted and his whole theme about each generation surpassing the last. If he's a reincarnation of the Sage then he can do better this time than during his first lifetime and create a truly better world... The first theory would be too depressing an ending for where it looks like Kishimoto is going.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#8 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 24 2012, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh, I can see this cover bringing back the theories about Naruto's direct connection to the Sage of the Six Paths...

Those theories being:

or

I'm more inclined to believe the later, it would fit in with what Kishimoto has hinted and his whole theme about each generation surpassing the last. If he's a reincarnation of the Sage then he can do better this time than during his first lifetime and create a truly better world... The first theory would be too depressing an ending for where it looks like Kishimoto is going.

Good theory about the second. And if he is reincarnated, then it is likely that Sakura is the reincarnate of the sage's wife and mother of the two sons who started these troubles. Which leads to the lovely "full circle" symbolism of the clan symbol on Sakura's dress. Gah! I love it!

Have other mangas relied on time loops? Is that a plot device that comes up often (or not often)? It seems like it would be really hard to pull off convincingly.

#9 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 24 2012, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good theory about the second. And if he is reincarnated, then it is likely that Sakura is the reincarnate of the sage's wife and mother of the two sons who started these troubles. Which leads to the lovely "full circle" symbolism of the clan symbol on Sakura's dress. Gah! I love it!

Have other mangas relied on time loops? Is that a plot device that comes up often (or not often)? It seems like it would be really hard to pull off convincingly.

It is a good theory I think this is what Kishi has in mind. And I wish Sakura was really reincarnation of the sage's wife even if its sound far fetched. Depends if Kishi brings it up.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#10 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Awesome! Time to find a bigger version of the picture.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#11 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 24 2012, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooh I like that thought Tricksie, and it would also be an explanation of what caused Naruto to first be attracted to Sakura (and Sakura's semi-conscious attraction to Naruto in part 1, despite following the other girls and fangirling over Sasuke, and another reason why, absent both boys- during the 2 1/2 years Naruto was gone on the training trip, she falls deeply in love with Naruto. She falls in love with the person he is in this lifetime, but buried deep in her subconscious/soul is the woman who loved the Sage, and deep in Naruto's subconscious/soul is the Sage who loved his wife).

Time loops aren't as common as reincarnation plotlines. Rumiko Takahashi's short manga "Firetripper" is the the one I can immediately recall. In a vague way her Inuyasha could be. There are numerous reincarnation manga- not surprising in a country where most people have a sort vaguely Buddhist (mixed with Shintoism) spirituality.

Edited by ciardha, 25 April 2012 - 02:38 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#12 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 24 2012, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooh I like that thought Tricksie, and it would also be an explanation of what caused Naruto to first be attracted to Sakura (and Sakura's semi-conscious attraction to Naruto in part 1, despite following the other girls and fangirling over Sasuke, and another reason why, absent both boys- during the 2 1/2 years Naruto was gone on the training trip, she falls deeply in love with Naruto. She falls in love with the person he is in this lifetime, but buried deep in her subconscious/soul is the woman who loved the Sage, and deep in Naruto's subconscious/soul is the Sage who loved his wife).

Although I still believe that Sakura is struggling to consciously realize how much she loves Naruto over Sasuke I think this theory is pretty awesome and would make a lot of sense given how thing came to full circle in this current lifetime.

I'm also inclined to believe that Naruto is a reincarnation and not the Sage himself. If he was the actually the Sage-to-be that would mean that he'd have to eventually awaken his rinnegan and if that happen I feel like it would be a last minute cop out. Naruto is better off without any eye techniques.

#13 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 24 2012, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Time loops aren't as common as reincarnation plotlines. Rumiko Takahashi's short manga "Firetripper" is the the one I can immediately recall. In a vague way her Inuyasha could be. There are numerous reincarnation manga- not surprising in a country where most people have a sort vaguely Buddhist (mixed with Shintoism) spirituality.

Oh I love it! That would make perfect sense about Sakura. And I can easily see a prolonged backstory about the Sage, his life, his family, etc. And the partnering female seems to be a big part of the storytelling in the manga. So definitely I could see a background of a strong female as the sage's wife, then bringing it back to Sakura as the strong female partner for Naruto.

#14 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 24 2012, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I love it! That would make perfect sense about Sakura. And I can easily see a prolonged backstory about the Sage, his life, his family, etc. And the partnering female seems to be a big part of the storytelling in the manga. So definitely I could see a background of a strong female as the sage's wife, then bringing it back to Sakura as the strong female partner for Naruto.

Oooh, if the two of us just discovered a future plot point it would be so cool! It just fits in with Kishimoto's style. I'm so excited about this I'm doing that little leg bounce I do when I find a lead on something I'm researching. (heh I'm such a reasearch geek I get excited whenever I find something I'm looking for. You should have seen how excited I was when I found my dad and his parents in the 1940 census- not surname searchable yet, you have have to know where they lived at that time, then search within that area. I actually squeed laugh.gif I'm such a geek happy.gif )

#15 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

I am lovin' the cover. In this sense, Naruto really does look like a God.

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 24 2012, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol Reading this reminded me of a picture I once saw with kagome on it and she has this sad look on her face. The caption read

"Kagome: Screwing up the past one day at a time"

Kagome saying "I am not!"
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#16 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 24 2012, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those theories being:

or

I remember thinking that Naruto could be a time loop after reading A Brief History of Time for the first time. Back then, the sage was just a silhouette and I put it into my 'dumb-thoughts'. Now it has seriously piqued my interest. History repeats, forever. It would be a nice touch... IF Kishimoto wanted his manga to be an enormous mindkitten like Inception. Fortunately, that's not the case so I'm all for the reincarnation. Though I'm still a bit skeptical about a direct reincarnation.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#17 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Can't believe I haven't replied yet...This is one epic cover biggrin.gif

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#18 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

The time loop theory is impossable because Naruto is going to break the cycle of hatred that existed from the days of the Sage of Six Paths. (I couldn't resist biggrin.gif )

Have I acctually just stumbled onto something or have I suffered a massive brain fart?

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#19 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 25 2012, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love it.

My only complant is that you can only see Kurama's, Gyuki's and Shukaku's faces clearly, I wanna see all their faces.

Well, it makes sense considering they're the Bijuus that have the biggest roles in the story.

Sakura being a reincarnation of the Sage's wife is a pretty big asspull IMO. Moreover, it's too much more like wishful thinking. If she has to be the reincarnation of the Sage's wife, it should be revealed slowly instead of just BAM!! suddenly.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#20 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Apr 25 2012, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember thinking that Naruto could be a time loop after reading A Brief History of Time for the first time. Back then, the sage was just a silhouette and I put it into my 'dumb-thoughts'. Now it has seriously piqued my interest. History repeats, forever. It would be a nice touch... IF Kishimoto wanted his manga to be an enormous mindkitten like Inception. Fortunately, that's not the case so I'm all for the reincarnation. Though I'm still a bit skeptical about a direct reincarnation.

This is the strongest hint Naruto might be a direct reincarnation:

http://www.mangahere...60/c572/12.html

We'll have to see smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users