3333 replies to this topic

#2001 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:06 AM

I remember that OVA where Naruto took the chunin exam and faced off against Konohamaru; the former was disqualified because sage powers were banned, which in the context of having child soldiers is pure bull. On that alone Naruto should have qualified as Special Jonin at least! I didn't make a big deal of it then since it was filler, but now...

It really feels like no one is thinking this through:

Producer: I think we should reveal that Naruto was a genin until he became Hokage; it was implied in the original manga

Others: Great idea!

(After episode is produced): Why do the fans hate it?

Random guy: Well, how much time passed between the time Naruto fought Sasuke and became Hokage?

Producer: About 10 years. Why?

RG: Why wasn't he promoted?

Producer: Everyone was busy.

RG: How? They had a time of peace, and the only significant thing to happen to Naruto in between then was getting married.

Producer: HE HAD A FAMILY TO TAKE CARE OF!

RG: Wouldn't that be MORE incentive to get a promotion?

Producer: Well, uh...Naruto is kind of dumb...

RG: If he was so stupid he could never pass the exams no matter what...wouldn't have been a bad idea to make him Hokage in the first place?

Producer: SHUT UP!

And others will defend it as Naruto being the typical dumb shonen hero. Here's the thing: most of those characters aren't THAT dumb. They're aware of their shortcomings, and focus on what they excel at, and the story shows they earned it. Soma, Yusuke, Goku, even Natsu to some extent...objectively, most of these characters can have their dumb moments, but they don't aim for something they're not qualified for!

Seriously, why is this series called Naruto again? His friends are higher ranking than him, his rival got his first girl, and even his worthless wife seemingly achieved more in the eyes of the villagers.

Kishimoto, here's the thing about underdog stories: They have to come out on top EVENTUALLY.

Oh, I tried looking for the video, but for some reason I can't find it. Most of my results seem to discuss pairings...sigh...Now I really wished I actually watched it.

I'm of the opinion the manga and anime are two separate canons. The only thing the manga adapted was the movie and they're barely into their first original arc. Add on top of that the terrible artwork, and it's no wonder SP wants to touch any of that. What is there to work with? So they have to make their own material, but if the fanbase believes it is filler, they'll stop watching it, so they NEED it to be recognized as canon. 

Granted, they lasted a lot longer on filler than most other anime, but it was clear back then they were stalling. With it's ratings in decline, something HAS to change eventually.

Forgiveness. Because in Naruto, everyone deserves to be forgiven without punishment, no matter what heinous acts you did. Because surely, you had a sob story to justify your feelings, right? Never mind psychological evaluations, restrictions, and putting others in danger! Forgiveness is what matters most!

Just shows how mucked up Kishi and SP have made this story. it's sooooooo awful now.

#2002 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:21 AM

I’ll never understand why Naruto can’t use shadow clones to do his paperwork. The memories and information go to his mind after they disperse, so it’s not like he won’t know about what the paperwork says. He can make thousand to go through rigorous training, but paperwork is too much.

Or did he just forget his trademark technique that he is known for using ALL the time, along with the Rasengan?

#2003 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

I’ll never understand why Naruto can’t use shadow clones to do his paperwork. The memories and information go to his mind after they disperse, so it’s not like he won’t know about what the paperwork says. He can make thousand to go through rigorous training, but paperwork is too much.

Or did he just forget his trademark technique that he is known for using ALL the time, along with the Rasengan?

I think that his life is so miserable and pathetic that when the clone comes into existence it realizes that it is Naruto Uzumaki, and not the young version of him, so it loses the will to live, and this makes the clone not last very long. The clone probably needs to want to survive to last a decent amount of time.

#2004 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:53 AM

Yeah, I don't get why they would muck up the story so much so they could have NH and SS just for the husbands to neglect their wives. Naruto to a lesser extent and him being a little more understandable since he's Hokage. There's no reason for Sasuke to be gone always like he is.

#2005 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:09 AM

Yeah, I don't get why they would muck up the story so much so they could have NH and SS just for the husbands to neglect their wives. Naruto to a lesser extent and him being a little more understandable since he's Hokage. There's no reason for Sasuke to be gone always like he is.

I don't know but ...  after watching many anime and reading few manga i'm starting to notice this. A lot of father in japanese manga/anime usually leave their family , maybe japanese people thought that this is cool , father figure not present or missing maybe because they are already dead. Gon father Gin for example , or Naruto's dad Minato , at the beginning of the story usually it was revealed or at least strongly hinted that the father of MC is always this mysterious , legendary , very strong , and famous. I'm starting to notice this formula a lot especially in long running shonen adventure manga. And for me to be honest this formula is getting boring.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2006 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

I don't know but ...  after watching many anime and reading few manga i'm starting to notice this. A lot of father in japanese manga/anime usually leave their family , maybe japanese people thought that this is cool , father figure not present or missing maybe because they are already dead. Gon father Gin for example , or Naruto's dad Minato , at the beginning of the story usually it was revealed or at least strongly hinted that the father of MC is always this mysterious , legendary , very strong , and famous. I'm starting to notice this formula a lot especially in long running shonen adventure manga. And for me to be honest this formula is getting boring.

What I have noticed is that if a father or parent is gone from the picture, it is usually like you said, they are dead but dying to protect people or some other kind of purpose to warrant them being gone from their families. Sasuke however, has no clear goal really and he is gone just because he can which is lazy writing.

Edited by griff142, 04 April 2018 - 02:11 PM.

#2007 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

Well the man of the family in Japan usually works long hours

What I have noticed is that if a father or parent is gone from picture, it is usually like you said, they are dead but dying to protect people or some other kind purpose to warrant them being gone from their families. Sasuke however, has no clear goal really and he gone just because he can which is lazy writing.

Yeah, Sasuke just wanders so it makes no sense that he would be married to Sakura. 

to provide for his family so he's not around as much. 

#2008 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:04 PM

Yeah, Sasuke just wanders so it makes no sense that he would be married to Sakura. 
 to provide for his family so he's not around as much.

Are you sure he is providing for his family? To me, it looks like he doesn't get a dime to support his family whatsoever. Sakura is the one making all the money even though she stays at home. The guy doesn't see his kid or wife and doesn't pay child support. Can I get a vote for Father of the Year for Sasuke over here?

Edited by griff142, 04 April 2018 - 04:09 PM.

#2009 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Blame kishimoto, he didn't like the pairing, and was told the pairing were what people wanted. So, he first wrote them as they would logically become; Sasuke rarely visit home, and Naruto/Kishimoto does not get Hinata and doesn't bond with her well since his type is someone else. Then when it all fell south, and he grew to despise the pairing he added much more negative "connotations" to the pairing; Sasuke never visit, does not care about his family in the slightest to the point he is more interested in Naruto's kids, and Sakura on some level knows what her situation is/Naruto is disenfranchise, disinterested, and his marriage is a dysfunctional mess.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 04 April 2018 - 06:48 PM.

#2010 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:47 PM

There is absolutely no evidence that Sasuke has contributed a single yen to his household and his family. 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#2011 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

There is absolutely no evidence that Sasuke has contributed a single yen to his household and his family. 

It is likely that it is Naruto that helps Sakura pay the bills in that house. Since he sends Sasuke on those long term missions he likely sends some sort of stipend to Sakura to help the family while the husband is on constant long term missions. Sasuke doesn't know (or care) while Naruto figures that Sasuke would want him to do this but there no real reason to take about it.

#2012 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

Of course he doesn't. There is a reason why I call him Scumbag Sasuke. The guy has zero GOOD qualities about him. He wants to revive his clan but doesn't want to work for it.

#2013 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

Well, it's not Sakura's fault that Sasuke gets to have a family anyway. If she didn't marry him, Ino or Karin would have. The difference is that if one of those two married him, everyone else might be happy, and Sasuke might actually like being around his family.

#2014 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

It is likely that it is Naruto that helps Sakura pay the bills in that house. Since he sends Sasuke on those long term missions he likely sends some sort of stipend to Sakura to help the family while the husband is on constant long term missions. Sasuke doesn't know (or care) while Naruto figures that Sasuke would want him to do this but there no real reason to take about it.

Well, Sakuras in debt, she hasnt paid off her loan for her house, which she promptly destroyed. I doubt Naruto is involved in helping her.

Edited by winter-serenade, 04 April 2018 - 10:47 PM.

#2015 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

YUP it COULD. Like I said the circumstances for the couples in Dragon Ball are NOT the same. Dragon Ball HAD no romance subplot but the couples are STILL more believable than Naruto and they seem way more happy. plus neither Goku or Vegeta are neglectful deadbeat fathers that neglect their kids just because.

A lot of fans defend the outcomes by pointing out how Kishimoto loved DragonBall. What they won't tell you is that he loved it UNTIL THE FREIZA saga, where 3/4 of the pairings were cannonized. 

In addition, he put Goku with ChiChi because Toriyama found nice girls boring. Kishimoto put HInata with Naruto "out of pity".

One other thing I liked about the Dragonball pairings is that we got one at a time. Kishimoto just dumped them all at once as cheap advertisements. 

Even so, Kishimoto copying DragonBall does not justify his choices. There's a difference between being influenced by and copying someone's work. He admitted to deceiving fans with the development of NaruSaku, which NO ONE should be happy about. If I was an NH fan, I WOULD BE PISSED. Why? I may have gotten what I wanted, but I get no justification for liking it beyond fanon and he divided the fandom when he should have worked to unite it.

#2016 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:44 AM

A lot of fans defend the outcomes by pointing out how Kishimoto loved DragonBall. What they won't tell you is that he loved it UNTIL THE FREIZA saga, where 3/4 of the pairings were cannonized. 

In addition, he put Goku with ChiChi because Toriyama found nice girls boring. Kishimoto put HInata with Naruto "out of pity".

One other thing I liked about the Dragonball pairings is that we got one at a time. Kishimoto just dumped them all at once as cheap advertisements. 

Even so, Kishimoto copying DragonBall does not justify his choices. There's a difference between being influenced by and copying someone's work. He admitted to deceiving fans with the development of NaruSaku, which NO ONE should be happy about. If I was an NH fan, I WOULD BE PISSED. Why? I may have gotten what I wanted, but I get no justification for liking it beyond fanon and he divided the fandom when he should have worked to unite it.

How would it be copying Dragonball though? Goku ends up with Chichi who's SUPER tsundere and more like Sakura than Hinata.

#2017 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:05 AM

How would it be copying Dragonball though? Goku ends up with Chichi who's SUPER tsundere and more like Sakura than Hinata.

To deny that idea those NH fans said that Chichi is not the main heroine and she is the second girl and Bulma is the heroine :zaru:

They think Chichi and Hinata have similarities because of that.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2018 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:13 AM

One more thing I would LOVE TO ADD about comparing the romance of Naruto to Dragon Balls romance.

It was not like Goku had an obvious romantic affection for Bulma that she was oblivious to, then Krillin flat out told her Goku was in love with her and she breaks down in tears because of remorse for not noticing Gokus love for her or even understanding how much emotional pain she put Goku through :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 April 2018 - 10:13 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2019 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:31 AM

One more thing I would LOVE TO ADD about comparing the romance of Naruto to Dragon Balls romance.

It was not like Goku had an obvious romantic affection for Bulma that she was oblivious to, then Krillin flat out told her Goku was in love with her and she breaks down in tears because of remorse for not noticing Gokus love for her or even understanding how much emotional pain she put Goku through :zaru:

Yeah, Bulma and Goku's relationship is weird. They have a bond that no one else has in that show. I like her and Vegeta, but I always wondered what would happen if Goku and Bulma had end up together. Mainly because Chichi became annoying as heck.

#2020 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

To deny that idea those NH fans said that Chichi is not the main heroine and she is the second girl and Bulma is the heroine :zaru:
They think Chichi and Hinata have similarities because of that.

There is nothing similar between Chi Chi and Hinata. Saying she is the second girl is just a sad excuse because they are trying to justify anyway they can. In all honesty when it comes to Naruto, Hinata is not even the second girl when it comes to significance and the squads. I would put her 4th behind Sakura, Ino, and Temari. The only one she is ahead of is Tenten, but that is only because Kishi had no idea what to do with her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users