24 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

So how would you guys grade the original Naruto manga on a scale of 1-10?

For me I'd give it a 5 out of 10. Pretty much a mediocre score

#2 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:39 PM

Hmm I will say that as a whole the series for me is a meh + which would be around a 4-5/10.

Now if there was the option of splitting up the series into parts here is where I would stand: 

Naruto Part 1 would be just simply great+ 

The First Half of Part 2 would be a good+ 

The Second Half Part 2 has to be a total sh it 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

I don't grade but if I were, 5 out of 10,

#4 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:52 PM

6 out of 10. Good first part. Average second part. And a horrible 3rd part.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#5 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

i used to love naruto both part 1 and shippuden i didn't even know why people talked about them separately like there was a big difference.

i don't want to rate it but i would rate it 10/10 up to the land of iron arc.I watched a lot of other anime listening to the fandom who claimed

watching "better anime" would help but only naruto held my attention when i watched it . the only problem was the openings getting worse

and there was no ending and a story's quality is impacted by how it ends so i was waiting for it to end to judge it. other than that i had no issues except maybe hinata's naruto kun which i read was deliberately used more in the anime as a joke but torment is torment.

#6 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:19 AM

Until the end of the Pain Arc things weren't so bad. The quality feel like a rock though after that.

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

Naruto grading scale:

Chapter 1 to about the end of the Pein Arc: 8/10

After Pein Arc to Chapter 700: 3/10
(it would get a zero, but there at least a few moments of good stuff like meeting the original Hokage and Kushina.)

Naruto the Last: -9001/10

Naruto Gaiden: Error 404....gradingscale.exe has crashed due to lack of brain cells.

Bolt the movie: -9001/10
(Sorry, i don't care what anyone says. Fight scenes do not forgive the amount of kitten and the amount of garbage the story is. I don;t care if the same people did One Punch Man. Good animation, but it is basically all flair and nothing else.)

Hiden Novels: 0/10
I only read two of them

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:31 PM

Until the end of the Pain Arc things weren't so bad. The quality feel like a rock though after that.

Which is what people agreed on. I mean you can think otherwise, but the major hit was around there.

#9 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:09 PM

Naruto part 1 - 7.5/10 I wasn't that hot about part 1 to be honest, the story was good, but I usually don't like stories with protagonists this young.

Naruto part 2 (up to the pain arc) - 9/10 Now that was the good ****. Good story, protagonists greatly improved personality and character wise and great battles.

Naruto war arc - 4/10 The story got a lot weaker and the protagonists got stupidly sidelined for the sake of screentime and battles of characters we couldn't care less about.

Naruto epilogue - Is divided by zero an acceptable score? This one should speak for itself.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#10 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

6 out of 10. Good first part. Average second part. And a horrible 3rd part.

5 out of 10 Descend first part, Good second part til the pain arc, awful 3rd part only saved by the kage summit, Kushina, Naruto vs Kurama, and various moments in the war.

#11 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

#12 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

Naruto grading scale:

(it would get a zero, but there at least a few moments of good stuff like meeting the original Hokage and Kushina.)

Naruto Gaiden: Error 404....gradingscale.exe has crashed due to lack of brain cells.

(Sorry, i don't care what anyone says. Fight scenes do not forgive the amount of kitten and the amount of garbage the story is. I don;t care if the same people did One Punch Man. Good animation, but it is basically all flair and nothing else.)

I only read two of them

Ya that's kind of I how I am with Naruto though I'd give chapter 1-238 a 6 mainly cause of Sasuke being the main focus that started this train-wreck. After pain to Chapter 700 I'd give 1.5 mainly saved by very little good moments like Kushina, Sakura kicking ass, Naruto and his father fighting together and Naruto and Kurama being friends and trusting each other, some fights were good like the Nagtao and Itachi fight and the team 10 fight with Asuma which I think was great development for them and Itachi was pretty good til the kabuto fight and while he was the only good think about that fight it really didn't matter that fight, plus Darui and the five kage were cool and Garra's fight with his father was  probably the best and develop Garra more, I though Temari could have done more like help beat the third raikage. Naruto the last, gaiden,bolt movie and hiden novels(which I'm not reading) are pretty your grading especially gaiden since it accomplished nothing since I read in the bolt movie Sarada doesn't even care about her father now meaning those 10 chapters in gaiden severed no purpose.

#13 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:20 AM

The Real Naruto ended after the Pein Ark. What came after would be an insult to garbage.

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

Naruto grading scale:

I only read two of them

Uh,you're not dipping lower for those 2 James?

Let's see, for me

Naruto

chapters 1-450: 8/10. Not great lot's of problems but they were the hightlight of the series

chapters 451-516 6/10. *Yawn* didn't intrigue me but the best parts are Naruto's meeting with Kushina,and Gaara's speech (SURE Naruto disregard the man that just made an epic and rousing speech in front of an entire army about how much you mean to him in favor of a Kitten that you just knew was in the same boat as you and doesn't give a kitten about you) :zaru:

chapters 517-614: 2/10 things were already STARTING to take a 90 degree DROP and from here on out they just got worse, did not enjoy it at all except for the occasional fight scenes but let's be honest they weren't even good.

chapters 615-700 (and all post ending materials): -infinity/10. the BANE of the entire series and franchise, all NaruSaku moments aside. here developments were skewered, themes bombed the hell out of, and all mythology and origin stories were popping up into a half- @#$ed, unplanned piece of kitten that makes me rage even now. New techniques and power ups were just a copy and paste train wreck that leaves us all asking "okay so who made what again? what is still original now?"

I just pulled through to the end to see only one thing cause after all this it was the only thing I cared abut anymore cause it was clear as day the whole damn story was screwing consistency. But NOPE not even that happened. And so here we are today. Betrayed with our jaws dropped and now the title Naruto does nothing for us but bust out an inferno of resentment and anger that will never be quenched even from beyond our graves. Have I missed anything else? I cite all post ending material but I have not touched a single piece of Naruto merchandise since that  !@#$%& piece of &@!$ for an ending and truth be told I don't care if I didn't. I don't care if I'm biased. Because the only ones that still buy and praise this forsaken japanese comic are Hinata cultists that only give a kitten about her. :superior:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 January 2016 - 11:40 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#15 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

Part one 6/10 Not great but pretty good since it's the highlight of the series for me.

I will do part two between arcs now

Gara Retrieval arc 6/10- His death would be a good point for Naruto to learn something but he does not because Gara is magically brought back from the dead with the old woman's help, and Sakura battle with Chyio's help was just awesome.

Sasuke retrieval arc 2/10 the Uchiha wanking was the down turn for me and making Itichi in to the good guy that did a terrible thing was the most stupid move that Kishimoto made. He did not even hint he was a possibly good guy until the big reveal in the arc. We are meant to feel sorry for him in the arc but it falls short due to the fact he did such an terrible act in part one and kept Sasuke his brother in a genjustu that torutured him mentally and physically for days until he was found by the Anbu. The fight was ok and was a turning point for his character but then he had to take a kitten on his development and do a complete 180.

Haidan and Kakzu arc- 5/10 Asusm death was a mediocre development for Team 10, as I think they should've done this development without the death of Asuma like Shikamaru learning he must not always rely on his intellect in battle. And the not losing to Sakura for Ino should develop on it own ect. Choji should be proud of his clan and body not be shamed

Pein Arc: 7/10 They had great moments for this arc and I was on the edge of my seat and the hug scene at the end of the arc with Hinata smiling to say she is happy for him. Also Minto and Kusina should have been relatives of Naruto not his parents because it makes the third actions even more of a plot hole in the long run.

Also the child of density crap was a horrible pothole and destroyed a common them within the manga that's why I say 7/10 for pein arc

Land of iron arc- 2/10 I would give this arc at least a 1, if it didn't have some great characters in this arc like Killer Bee and his Brother. Thought it had some piss poor moments like Naruto passing out and hyperventilating over RaiKage asking for Sasuke death which were garbage.

War arc absolutely garbage plain and simple.

Gaiden arc absolutely pointless

Edited by Ryriena, 19 January 2016 - 01:41 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#16 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

So how would you guys grade the original Naruto manga on a scale of 1-10?

For me I'd give it a 5 out of 10. Pretty much a mediocre score

Just pretend it ends after chapter 450 and it's a solid 7/10.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:51 AM

Uh,you're not dipping lower for those 2 James?

If I tried to go lower, I would break the rating scale. Plus, an inside joke.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 RamenxBlossom

RamenxBlossom

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

I agree with most people here. (And yes, i am still alive).

Part 1: 8.5/10 - 

The story and characters were great, relationships between characters were pretty good, and the fundamental ideals were well established. Main and some side characters were fleshed out well.

Part 2 (first half): 7/10 - 

Large amount of character development, but only for a select few and the growth of other characters were heavily stunted. Other bonds are established, and I loved the action sequences and Pain arc was somewhat great.

Part 3 (second half): 3/10 - More focus is placed on the Uchiha, but I didn't mind it too much. Getting to know more about the bijuu was nice, and Kushina is awesome. War arc was dragged out way too much, and was pretty kitten. Naruto, Sasuke and Obito were way too overpowered. And Kaguya came out of nowhere. 

Ending: - 0/10 - 

What is this kitten?! It took practically everything that happened and threw it away. No explanation for pretty much anything that's in it. It's not even like a badly written fanfic, it's a mockery of everything Naruto is meant to be. The "ending" is just making fun of everyone's hopes and dreams. It didn't seem like any of them had gone through the war - they still seemed immature and naive, and none of them seemed deserving of the title of shinobi.

Had any of them actually killed anyone? Seems like they never had to have the burden of having caused the death of someone - only white Zetsu clones. Sasuke didn't have to die, but there should have been some sort of consequence for all his crimes. I remember reading several Sasuke-centric fanfics years before Naruto had ended, and even they had Sasuke on sort of probation or serving some sort of punishment. Now what does that say when even Sasuke fanboys/girls had him being punished after the war...

Post-ending: Not going to even go there.

Edited by RamenxBlossom, 23 January 2016 - 08:44 AM.

output_FAafXs_zpsoj0idcx1.gif?t=14375663

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:26 AM

Sasuke vs itachi doesn't happen in "part 3" since many people consider part 3 as post pein arc.

#20 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Sasuke vs itachi doesn't happen in "part 3" since many people consider part 3 as post pein arc.

I said this before the ending. Funny that it's catching on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users