TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

response

Forerunner?

HALO CONNECTION CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious answer

#22 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

Isn't Hashirama the forerunner ?  Though he did not seem to be aware of the story of the sage when Madara told it to him ...

Edit: just checked what forerunner actually means and I think Jiraya fits best

Edited by narusakurama, 26 March 2014 - 07:45 AM.

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

#23 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

All this time I thought Hagoromo was alone when he defeated the Juubi. Turns out that he had a brother who assisted him in the fight and both shared it's power. ~sigh~

Anything to connect Sasuke to Naruto huh, kishi?

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Edited by luffyq1, 26 March 2014 - 07:47 AM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#24 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

Shadow Dancer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

pretty good

Edited by Rakshasa, 26 March 2014 - 07:52 AM.

6c8623224615.gif     

#25 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

WHOAH

Uzumaki's

^I think this is the answer. The brother of Hagoromo is likely the ancestor of the Uzumaki. Either that, or he's Sakura's ancestor at which I would call it an asspull of the highest order. Simply because there was zilch foreshadowing. To explain, since part I Naruto had been hinted to have a powerful ancestry (his dad, duh). But then the Sasuke arc in Part II rolled out and Yamato made a comment of how it shouldn't be possible that Naruto's body would be able to handle the Jinchuuriki transformation at 4-tails. That, was the first hint of his Uzumaki lineage.

So, if Sakura is indeed descended from the Sage's brother, then a foreshadowing in the vein of comments about Naruto's body withstanding the 4-tails transformation should've been made.      

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#26 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku...duh, Game of Thrones, DISNEYLAND!!!

And some other stuff...

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

response

True true. I guess I should wait for other translations or further explanation. But I want to know now!! :wallbash: 

#27 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

it's canon, parallel is a serious business. 

#28 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

It's definitely not going to be the ancestor of Sakura... wtf. Where'd you get that from?

Either way... If that happened then NS would kind of be incest, hah.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#29 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

All this time I thought Hagoromo was alone when he defeated the Juubi. Turns out that he had a brother who assisted him in the fight and both shared it's power. ~sigh~

Anything to connect Sasuke to Naruto huh, kishi?

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

your not used to it by now? so what if he trys to connect them

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#30 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

your not used to it by now? so what if he trys to connect them

Never said I wasn't used to it, just tired of it.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#31 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

This was the best Naruto history ever.

#32 RandomGuy

RandomGuy

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:many things....

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

This chapter had a pretty cool background. Hagoromo looks awesome! It also seems like Kaguya just might be the shinigami of Naruto.

#33 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

This was the best Naruto history ever.

the best is summed up in one chapter and not 10 lol

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#34 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

The complexities of the conversation was so much that RS had to dumb it down.

lol

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#35 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Gotta say I really enjoyed this chapter, Naruto being an idiot and the Sage continuously trying to dumb his speech down to a level that Naruto could understand it was pretty funny. The Sage looks nothing like I imagined him to or I think anyone expected him to but I like it, he has an otherworldly appearance to him which makes sense as he is pretty much a God.

I'm not sure how I feel about Naruto being the younger son's reincarnation, though I like that it isn't what everyone was expecting that Naruto would be the Sage's reincarnation but overall I'm just not a fan of reincarnation stories in general, to me I find if it's handled poorly it's a very easy way to diminish the main character's accomplishments.

I guess it depends on how it's handled if he is literally Ashura's reincarnation than I don't think I'm a fan but if he is more someone that shares the same beliefs and that has led Ashura's essence to find a place in him then it's not so bad. The way Naruto likened it to being possessed by a ghost leans more towards the latter,

I'm pretty confident in my belief that Sasuke will gain the Rinnegan, the embodiment of the Sage's power since it's obvious that Sasuke will be the reincarnation of Indra. Sasuke was born into power, is a loner by heart, doesn't like working with others and has all of his power ups literally handed to him or as a result of the power he was born with. Naruto wasn't born with anything, works hard but isn't talented but makes friends easily and inspires confidence and trust in himself. Sasuke inherits power, Naruto inherits ideals and will.

I find it interesting how Indra looks almost exactly like Madara, it makes me wonder if Kishi is attempting a bit of a red herring as to who the reincarnation of Indra is?

Though could this imply that contrary to Naruto's wishes he will not fight Sasuke by himself? Since Ashura had to train and surround himself with people who believed in him to be as strong as Indra and with the shot of them staring at each other it doesn't seem as though Ashura fought Indra alone.

It's weird that the Hagoromo's brother never appeared til now, especially with how much Kishi likes to parallel Naruto and Sasuke but with them being the reincarnations of Hagoromo's sons instead and not the Sage and his brother doesn't it make his appearance a bit redundant now? And what of the Juubi was sealed into his brother if the Juubi got split into the Tailed Beasts?

Honestly I miss when Sakura was also a big part of these parallels, though I find it funny for all the flak Kishi gets by certain parts of the fanbase for "weak" female characters, the strongest character canonically is now confirmed to be Hagoromo's mother.

Also at the start of the chapter did anyone else get reminded of Neo meeting The Architect in Matrix Reloaded?

#36 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

It's been a while since a Chapter has left me this speechless. I mean, Hagoromo the SAGE of SIX PATHS makes his appearance to Naruto. Part of me saw this coming, but at the same time I was also excited based on what happened last chapter. 

My review: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

Well, that old preview sure strikes back.

I thought this chapter was great. A really nice background history from the one and only Hagoromo, the Sage of Six Paths. That said I got to comment on Naruto. I do like how he couldn’t trust him nor understand him. It reminds me of first time seeing Kushina, only this time, it’s an old man, so things aren’t easy to comprehend, especially having those eyes. It was funny and classic. I also like the responses from Hagoromo, so wise and trying to adapt the new simple way of talking. I also like how he holds a grudge about ninjutsu as he felt insulted to mistake his work, ninshuu, for ninjutsu. It’s like they truly corrupted the purpose of chakra. So I like that.

Kaguya seems to be really among the strongest of all time. Hear that, a female character being the strongest of all in Naruto. I am sick of bs rant on this, that I feel like I have to write one day for defense. Anyway, the most attention seems to be on Hagoromo’s brother. Like, what happened to him? That’s something that needs to be addressed. I am surprised that this part was not in that shrine that Uchiha has. So what happened? This is interesting and I do believe we will learn more in the upcoming chapters. Time is an essence.

After the story, I can see how it all connects to Naruto and it does make sense why Naruto is linked to the Six Paths. It’s not just the reincarnation, but it’s his lifestyle that resembles what the Bijuus were split in the first place. It was because of the war, they probably didn’t care anymore, but now, Naruto is bringing all that back and pretty much he is the successor. Now, what about Indra’s reincarnation? Well, we will have to wait but I do believe it’s Sasuke. That said Naruto is the one to lead so pretty much, Sasuke or whoever is the reincarnation has to accept his lifestyle. Well, that sure does staple his name to the title name for a reason. In other words, Naruto is the one.

So, looks like we will be learning more about the story and more details about everything in the past in the upcoming chapters, so I am excited. That said something to get out of the way. The situation with Madara may get off-paneled after all, which may upset others. Why Hagoromo showed up and not Kuruma? I mean the transfer takes a while or something? Well, he does want to give the final approval of becoming the new Sage of Six Paths, so there you go. Still, many things awaits.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 26 March 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#38 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

From his words alone, Hagoromo strikes me as someone who would be more eligible of handling the task of achieving world piece. I think he knows what he's doing. Naruto doesn't really have a method for this. It has to be more complex than just sentimentalities. Although maybe what Kishi is suggesting is that Hagoromo's "ninshuu" is just one part of a grander scheme, a catalyst for realising all of the aspects that would logically go into creating peace (stable governments, end of world hunger, efficient economic conditions, no corruption, reasonable foreign relations, ect). 

Everything Hagoromo has explained correlates to Kaguya being antagonistic to the principals that Naruto follows. She may not have been the progenitor of the chaos but she definitely fueled it through her actions. Is there any meaning to that? And I thought it was odd how her strength was hand waved with a few choice words. "Stronger than anyone else." Could "anyone else" be referring to only the people that existed during her time? Has the knowledge and training of the general populace risen to a point where the modern chakra user could beat her? Or is her power all inclusive of anyone from any time period? It's a minor detail but one that stuck out because of how vaguely it was worded.

It's odd how this sibling of the Sage has never been recounted in any stories or myths. A possible explanation is that he chose to live in anonymity after defeating the Jubi. In the process, he bequeathed the mess that humanity and their mother created to Hagoromo for him to handle. There might have been an argument over who would house the Jubi and a rift would have emerged between the two because of it.

Wasn't it originally mentioned that Hagoromo's Spiritual and Physical energies were distributed to his two sons each? Both of them were allegedly proficient in things that were conducive to using their respective inheritances. Ashura received his father's physical energy and like force, whereas Indra had powerful chakra and spiritual energy. This chapter suggests that they received the same abilities from Hagoromo though. And if you compare Indra's eyes from his portrayal #462 with #670, the doujutsu is different. 

The brother of Hagoromo is likely the ancestor of the Uzumaki. Either that, or he's Sakura's ancestor at which I would call it an asspull of the highest order.

I don't think Sakura has any biological relationship with the Sage. Hasn't Kishi described her as being from a run-of-the-mill family?

Unlike the Senju and Uchiha whose origins can be traced back to the Sage's children, the Uzumaki's origins has been shrouded in mystery. This brother of Hagoromo has to be that primogenitor. It's the only way to explain the Uzumaki's relation to the Sage without ascribing it to the Senju line simply branching off somewhere down the line.

Though could this imply that contrary to Naruto's wishes he will not fight Sasuke by himself? Since Ashura had to train and surround himself with people who believed in him to be as strong as Indra and with the shot of them staring at each other it doesn't seem as though Ashura fought Indra alone.

Judging by the wording of Hagoromo's statement about Ashura banding everyone together, their relevance may have extended only to the brothers' respective methods for achieving peace. He was purported to have gained the same power as his brother and if the conditions of the battles they waged have any similarity with Naruto and Sasuke's then they were probably the only two participants.

Edit: There's Kurama aiding Naruto, if that counts.

Edited by Atheck, 26 March 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#39 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

I have a theory, what if naruto world is a 100.000 to the future of our world?

and juubi is actually a human who take alot of nature energy and become a monster and drop moon to earth?

#40 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

Well that was a complex chapter, naruto is the reincarnation of the younger son, he finally meets the sage, Madara was right about the aspect of ninjutsu being taken the wrong way and used for war not piece. The sage also possessed the ability to transcend his physical time by just living on as a spirit over 1000 years.

While it's still a but before the ns moment we are hoping for, this was an interesting chapter, the sage is finally revealed, we also see more of kaguya. It appears the sage had a younger brother too but this was never mentioned before. But yeah we knew for a long time the sons were like naruto and Sasuke. In the same end more than ever, the younger son and older son completely mirror naruto and Sasuke, naruto had trouble in his childhood, was alone, not talented, but worked hard and reached many people by his will. Sasuke was given all the power but never used it all the right way.

Well for those who deny parallels still, this is a major plot point at this stage of the game in conjunction to the rivalry of naruto and Sasuke. It's proven Kishi uses parallelism a lot in his story. Just a literary device he feels comfortable with. Literally I feel this just reinforces the stuff of narusaku to minakushi, it's parallelism in the works, Kishi wrote it that way, it more or less will happen and be true at this point, I mean if he is doing it for the main story, there's a good possibility something will occur between naruto and sakura. But it makes sense for how things have turned out recently, Sasuke gets the rinnegan, naruto has the sages 'body' because of the tailed beast chakra more or less, now with all 9 he can extract the tailed beasts from Madara.

Well this has peaked my interest, we have a simple meeting, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be long flashback. But for all purposes. The moment we are waiting for has still not come, naruto is still unconscious so this is happening before yin kurama was put into him, I am assuming we went back in time a bit, like right now if it's the immediate aftermath of the extraction, he is in a limbo state due to the reference of the sage saying "that depends on what those outside do with you" because remember, these events in manga tend to happen around the same time in conjunction with each other. So our ns moment has yet to come, it's still that period of as long as naruto is knocked out, as long as sakura is still beside him, the recovery will not have taken place. I feel this focus for the volume, sadly it may involve speeches about the past or reside on Sasuke having a similar event, I hope not but Kishi can't leave Sasuke our of the events. If everything can really be summed up in a short chapter, I hope next week naruto gets the answers he needs and then wakes up, there's no need for Kishi to drag stuff on despite the interesting aspect of the era 1000 years ago,

I like what is happening but hope this isn't like sasukes history lesson last year. We know how much of this turns out, I can bet one thing, one of these chapters with the sage will most likely end with him going, like ah yin kurama is back, it seems your friends saved you. Etc, some meeting with kurama possibily.

As some said, that love could make anything come true, that was a line that can work for ns in a sense but I really hope the scene we want coming is worth it, not saying this leads to a buildup but it's still good to know its sakura with naruto there, ah well until next week. This was a nice chapter, not action oriented but the history chapters are fun at times, nice we also meet the sage at last.

Edited by Inferno180, 26 March 2014 - 10:23 AM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users