#61 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Kishimoto does not have to write according to what most of you want to see, he does not want his work to be predictable else it won't be any fun at all. Besides, whats wrong with some sexy jutsus? When I saw what Naruto did to Kaguya it made me laugh real hard, and I agreed to what Kakashi said, that he is the most unpredictable ninja ever. Kishimoto made the most unpredictable thing happen, who ever had thought that Naruto would be able to trick Kaguya with his childhood jutsu (sexy no jutsu). I think it went very well, after all that war and just fights, something different was not a bad idea. Anyhow, it can't be denied if you're fed up with something, there is almost nothing that can convince you. Good day.

Media affects the way people think, especially young people, whether you like it or not. I think it's safe to say a lot of young people read Naruto, and when they see the problematic elements in the series (that people have been criticizing for years, and are not just prevalent in Naruto, but in a majority of anime and manga), it becomes normalized in their mind. As such, it is 100% valid to criticize Kishimoto's work, whether he's "writing what we want to see" or not.

Edited by KonaKonaFan, 26 June 2014 - 10:00 AM.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#62 ioria

ioria

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'll stay out of the sexism oriented discussion, because I don't think sexism happened :P

682 felt "forced" and out of place to me because of the following reasons:

1) We dealt with serious business since 615 'n stuff.

2) Kaguya was introduced as an evil Goddess and Madara was nothing compared to her.

Sexy jutsu happens and this leads to consequences.

1) Past serious business is offended: blood shouldn't be washed away with ease :fu:

2) We aren't scared of "evil" Kaguya anymore because she fell for random craziness.

Ok I'm done :banana:

14670g.jpg

#63 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

I didn't find the reverse harem jutsu sexist, or even particularly offensive, but I didn't find it funny either. I just found it a poor, shoehorned attempt to 'lighten the mood' when it really wasn't necessary at all. Kishi's had a bad habit lately of trying to force humor in the middle of serious situations, sometimes in downright bad taste. The comic relief in the last chapter isn't near as bad as some of the other 'jokes' he's made. This one doesn't really bother me, but I can see where from the OP's perspective, it would be the last straw piled on top of everything else in Kishi's less than stellar treatment of female characters.

#64 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

I didn't find the reverse harem jutsu sexist, or even particularly offensive, but I didn't find it funny either. I just found it a poor, shoehorned attempt to 'lighten the mood' when it really wasn't necessary at all. Kishi's had a bad habit lately of trying to force humor in the middle of serious situations, sometimes in downright bad taste. The comic relief in the last chapter isn't near as bad as some of the other 'jokes' he's made. This one doesn't really bother me, but I can see where from the OP's perspective, it would be the last straw piled on top of everything else in Kishi's less than stellar treatment of female characters.

I don't know. I like the random humor actually... I think that chapter reminded us of how a useless attack like the sexy jutsu, from a little prankster Naruto, has actually become useful in real battle. Which is strange and ironic. I like that.

It really is just for comedy. I mean if that's sexist, then a LOT of things in this world is sexist, but this is just the type of society we live in. You get used to it. 

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#65 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:13 AM

I don't know. I like the random humor actually... I think that chapter reminded us of how a useless attack like the sexy jutsu, from a little prankster Naruto, has actually become useful in real battle. Which is strange and ironic. I like that.

It really is just for comedy. I mean if that's sexist, then a LOT of things in this world is sexist, but this is just the type of society we live in. You get used to it. 

Well, as I said I did not see it as sexist myself, though I can see and understand why it would feel that way to some. But when I read the chapter, I didn't laugh. I guess the moment just didn't hit the mark with me. :sweat:

#66 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

Well, as I said I did not see it as sexist myself, though I can see and understand why it would feel that way to some. But when I read the chapter, I didn't laugh. I guess the moment just didn't hit the mark with me. :sweat:

I didn't laugh either... I just found it ironic and slightly humorous, so it made me smile a little, if you know what I mean? I totally respect your opinion ^^

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#67 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

Wasn't there a thread about sexism that already got locked down in the General Chat, or am I experiencing deja vu?

#68 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Wasn't there a thread about sexism that already got locked down in the General Chat, or am I experiencing deja vu?

There was. This one seems to be doing well enough to survive, though.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 28 June 2014 - 06:19 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#69 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

That thread was created in response to this thread.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users