Close
Photo

Which of the 7 deadly sins have you committed?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of the 7 deadly sins have you committed? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the 7 deadly sins have you committed?

1. Lust(fornication) (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

2. Gluttony (excessive love of pleasure) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Greed (covetousness, avarice) (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

4. Sloth (laziness) (9 votes [18.00%])

Percentage of vote: 18.00%

5. Wrath (anger, hate) (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

6. Envy (jealousy) (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

7. Pride (vanity) (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

8. All of the above (15 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

9. None. I'm a saint. (1 votes [2.00%])

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Well? For me it's Envy, Pride, Wrath and Maybe... Lust.

Poll is multiple choice

Edited by Baka chan, 12 June 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

All of the above, in some way, in some situation. All of us are sinners, so sinning is inevitable.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

Yeah We have all committed them all on some level I just chose what was most apparrent to myself rather than the more subtle ones

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

All of them at some point, in one way or another.

Edited by Fenris, 12 June 2014 - 05:07 PM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#5 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Just like any human alive...all of the above.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#6 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

All of them...I'm going to Hell aren't I?

#7 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

Sloth. I am so freaking lazy...

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#8 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Envy and Sloth

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#9 Solid-Samurai233

Solid-Samurai233

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Anything that entertains or amuses me. I'm a big gamer I have a PS4 And Xbox One as well as the Xbox 360 and PS3. I have online accounts for them all. I'm always looking to play.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

All of them but mostly Sloth and Wrath

sticker,375x360.u7.png

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea,I will always be with you"

#10 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

All of them...I'm going to Hell aren't I?

Uhmm idk, I've been to hell ounce. The only real bad part were these two oiled up German guys trying to wrestle me.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#11 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

All of them. Mostly Wrath and Greed.

ナルサク

#12 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

Well obviously, all of them at least once, but the only one I am really bad at doing is Sloth. The rest are either I believe were justified or just enough to be what they are, but not enough for me to really be considered that kind of person.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#13 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

Greed.
There was a time on my career as a developer that i stayed overnight making money.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 13 June 2014 - 12:30 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#14 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

Why are they so deadly? Sure, they're not great qualities to have in a person, but it's part of being human. Heck, we're hard-wired in our brains for most of these. Unless the big man in the clouds has just condemned all of humanity to that world of fire and brimstone, they're just part of being an imperfect person--which we all are. Also I doubt anyone has really transgressed so badly that it's harmful to themselves or others to such an extent. 

#15 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Sloth(The biggest one ever), wrath(pretty short tempered), envy and pride :D

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#16 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

Why are they so deadly? Sure, they're not great qualities to have in a person, but it's part of being human. Heck, we're hard-wired in our brains for most of these. Unless the big man in the clouds has just condemned all of humanity to that world of fire and brimstone, they're just part of being an imperfect person--which we all are. Also I doubt anyone has really transgressed so badly that it's harmful to themselves or others to such an extent. 

"Deadly" is a matter of translation. For example, in Spanish they are called "siete pecados capitales" (siete=seven;pecados=sins;capitales=major in this context).

Anyway, I am not a theologist, so my answer can not be accurate or satisfying, but, I'll try...

Of course they are hard-wired in our brains. Religion teaches us that. Jesus Christ teached us that everybody is a sinner, and it is because that he told us "Be humble and do not judge others". Because all of us have sinned.

Sins are bad -from the mindset of a believer- because they harm you, harm others and move you away from God and your soul's salvation. Now, you can not help to commit sin... but you can try your hardest to not do it. Being perfect will not earn you salvation. Trying being so good as possible and being humble about it will do it.

And the seven deadly sins are the worst. Why? Because they often are seed of bad things -including other sins-. Also, they are bad mainly when they are uncontrollable. Then we are unable to dominate them and allow they dictate how we behave.

All of us have felt anger. It is natural. But we can try to dominate our anger and do not harm others.

All of us have felt lust. It is natural and even necessary. But uncontrollable lust may lead to thing like cheating and rape.

Pride more often than not leads to look down on other people. Looking down on other people leads to discrimination and prejudice. Also, someone excessively prideful often is unable to realize his/her flaws/mistakes and try to correct them/seek forgiveness for them.

Greed, Gluttony, Envy... lead to someone being more unhappy because he/she feels unsatisfied with a desire he/she can not fulfill.

And so on.

At least that is how I see it.

Edited by Jenskott, 13 June 2014 - 01:05 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#17 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

Well, yeah, most of these things are just human emotions. They become the seven deadly sins when in excess, I think. (Whoo, FMA reference.) Many or most of these things aren't inherently bad, the problem is the intentions and thoughts behind them and the actions they lead to.

Lust--perfectly natural and acceptable in the right place. Not acceptable to entertain sexual thoughts towards others when you're in a committed relationship, for example.

Gluttony--enjoying things isn't wrong. Enjoying things excessively to the point that it causes some kind of damage (health or otherwise) is.

Greed--my dad pointed out that simply thinking "aw, I wish I had that" isn't necessarily greed. It's when it becomes something of an obsession or a point of contention or something like that that it's a problem.

Wrath--hey, the Bible even says "be angry and sin not". Just being angry isn't wrath. Wrath is anger in excess and held onto.

Envy--about the same thing I said about greed.

Pride--feeling good about accomplishments is one thing, bragging about it and getting a big head over it is another.

Anywho, I voted "all of the above".

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#18 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:33 AM

All of the above.
#SinnersRepresent

You know, I better take these sins one day and just purge them from my body and create some Homunculus. Maybe then they can go chase after Vic Mignogna.

#19 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

I guess I mostly commit Lust and Pride. Especially Lust. Loooooots of Lust.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#20 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Greed.
There was a time on my career as a developer that i stayed overnight making money.

You sonofakitten....how dare you make a bigger salary!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users