Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:27 AM

Damn right it did, Lloyd! biggrin.gif

#22 Muttz

Muttz

Chuunin

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:God. Working with Shelter Animals, specifically dogs. Dogs in general...and Animals in general...I think we see where this is going. Art. Reading. Jon Mclaughlin.

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:52 AM

hey! This is awesome! whahha

#23 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:07 AM

Welcome, quilted-remorse! happy.gif I hope you enjoy the stay!

More NaruSaku fanfic updates - both of them "Naruto gang in high school" stories! Pretty popular theme, eh?

First Year is Crazy!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2062169/1/

High School is More Than Homework
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2063928/1/ - the new chapter has gambling. tongue.gif

Not too long before the next manga chapter... hey, I just realised! We NEED a Spoiler Tag code. wink.gif I'm sure I can find something, there are some sites with extra code you can download for this board. happy.gif

It sounds like this week's chapter will at least end the Big Fight. I can't wait to see... If it goes to another power up cliffhanger, I'll set Ash upon Kishimoto. tongue.gif

Believe me, that girl is deadly with her brass knuckles...

#24 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:56 AM

Don't worry Smiter. I think they've reached the final boost. I think the next cliffhanger will be 'A new challenger has entered the fray!'

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

I do dearly hope not. tongue.gif

I would really like this week's chapter to be IT. The cliffhanger to be the final blow at least. Let us get back to Konoha and the other guys!

Latest Manga Spoilers:
Click For Spoiler
I just wonder who's going to be hit. Naruto or Kakashi? I keep having the feeling one of them will be badly wounded and the other will have to drag them back to Konoha fast. Leave the spoilt Uchiha boy behind. tongue.gif I want to see what the hell is going on in Sakura's mind!

Oh, a heads up to everyone - the SPOILER tags are working, but the button in the post screen isn't for some reason. You'll need to input them manually ATM, sorry!

CODE
[spoiler]enter secret things[/spoiler]

And my Excel Saga DVDs have arrived! biggrin.gif I'll watch a few, I could do with a little break. happy.gif

#26 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Interests:What do you think?

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:24 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm back after 3 weeks of internet downtime-.- Whats the point of the best comp to buy and you can use the net -.-
What's this about NT being dead? By the way i have phbb forum and IBF forum experience as admin for 3 years, so if ya need help ask. Smiter rules for doing this. Theres one thing i'm pissed off about, me and Hoku tried everything to get my NarutoXSakura pics sent to him so i could have them on the new comp but couldn't. So post those pics people!!!

I need a new NaurSaku sig and ava too since that wouldn't send -.-

#27 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:29 PM

Welcome back, Shinyu, good to see you! biggrin.gif

Oh, NT had another attack and they got kicked off by their host so they're currently hostless AND adminless (Tammy resigned). Unfortunately they're in no rush to put the forums back up. sad.gif

I just watched the first episode of Excel Saga... XD Pure insanity.

I'll post up some links later. happy.gif I'll also be posting up a oneshot in the fics (it won't be NaruSaku though).

#28 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

To be quite honest, i wouldn't care. They were just a select few more i talked with other than you guys.

#29 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:49 PM

HEY SHINYU!!!! biggrin.gif Wazzup?? Good to see ya on! ::grins:: Jiraya and Tsunade, eh? I adore them together, to be honest, so I may just have to write something about them.... tongue.gif

Isn't Excel the best Smiter?? ::grins:: Did you watch it in English or in Japanese? They're both good, but for that particular show, I think I like the English more...

Only one class today!!! Huzzah and such!!! Very, very exciting, considering I LOATHE my classes....

::sigh::

#30 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:52 PM

Not much Ash Chan happy.gif, Just wondering how i'm going to stop myself from grabbing every anime and manga i can get my hands on, top of the range comp, bittorrent works now, IMesh V5, lots of anime sites. Heh heh heh, think i'll watch FMA..

#31 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:18 PM

I have NEVER seen anything like Excel Saga...

I've just finished watching all 5 episodes on the first DVD, and I didn't know what the hell was going on half the time. XD I did like how they pick a theme and send it up to hell and back. happy.gif

The B-Movie episode with Nabeshin rocked, as did the Dating Game episode! And poor Pedro... he's being screwed by the universe - literally.

Must finish errands before watching the second DVD! I'm not sure if I can take that much insanity within a single day though...

Oh, and I watched it in Japanese with English subtitles. happy.gif I couldn't believe the speed and amount of words coming at the same time!

Thanks for the recommendation, Ash. wink.gif

And Shinyu, don't stop yourself from grabbing all the latest anime/manga. tongue.gif Just give in to all that anime goodness (and make sure you catch up with Naruto!).

Episode 101 is a Must Watch. wink.gif Best comedy ever.

#32 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:20 PM

its awesome that we have Shinyu back!

did anyone watch ep101 yet!? All I can see now is Sakura in that towel in the public bath.... happy.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif hehehehe

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#33 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (hokuten @ Sep 22 2004, 05:20 PM)
its awesome that we have Shinyu back!

did anyone watch ep101 yet!?  All I can see now is Sakura in that towel in the public bath.... happy.gif  wub.gif  biggrin.gif  wink.gif hehehehe

*laughs* Sakura is going to be a fellow pervert... peeking into the men's spring! Whatever would Naruto say? tongue.gif Episode 101 was Funniest Episode Ever. happy.gif

#34 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:40 PM

lol yea it was pretty hilarious, when they all tried to follow him, and they all lost him. Fresh Fish Lips!!!! laugh.gif

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#35 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:07 PM

*walks about awkwardly in a skin-tight blue outfit and helmet*

I feel like I'm going to die of embarassment... My body feels so exposed!

And I hope I don't need the toilet for a long while. Hell, I don't even think I can eat or drink in this getup!

*wears a trenchcoat to cover his tight outfit*

*gets arrested after being mistaken for a weird lurker*

Oh, and one-shot was posted. wink.gif Don't get your hopes up though!

#36 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:26 PM

*pokes* I'm gonna go read it!
Posted Image

#37 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2004 - 04:59 AM

So I was looking around the Narutochuushin boards and I found this relationship thread here...

http://www.dbzcenter...=ST&f=18&t=6621

You have to admit some of their reasoning for SasuSaku is weird like

"Sasuke had a much harsher childhood than Naruto and all he needs is love!"

...I have no comment on that type of argument at this time because I don't think I really need to make one. Especially since it's OBVIOUS how much harsher Naruto's life was

Oh yeah Sasuke's had such a hard life... he was SOOOOOO hated after the Uchiha massacre! NOBODY loves him! etc... ugh makes me sick just saying that mad.gif

Also I moticed on a few other boards that people usually want Sakura with Sasuke because they hate both characters or if people like Sakura they instantly will pass her off to Rock Lee because of the "Naruto will recognize Hinata's feelings one day" argument.

Personally I think Lee should be with TenTen. She definately has some feelings for Lee. As awesome as Lee is he just wouldn't be the right guy for Sakura.

Also most of the NaruHina arguments in there we've already heard but you know I don't see them as inevitable as all those people say.

As far as Hinata goes I root for Kiba getting her in the end but I wouldn't mind if it was SasuHina or even NejiHina for these reasons.

Ok Hinata would be the heir to the Hyuuga's right? Well this is how I see it. She would be the best candidate to revive the Uchiha clan IF Kishimoto let's Sasuke have someone... which I hope he doesn't... Plus I think Hiashi would accept Sasuke more than Naruto even if Naruto DID beat Neji. Because you know Neji is a BRANCH HOUSE member and we all know how much the MAIN HOUSE is prejudice against the greatness that is THE BRANCH HOUSE!

Ok as for NejiHina I know they're cousins but come on the Hyuuga's don't even want outsiders to learn their techniques so why would they let just ANYBODY marry Hinata? They'd find it in the clan's best interest to keep the Byakugan within the clan. Plus Neji is a genius and would definately become a strong member within the clan. Heck after the Naruto vs Neji fight I almost thought that maybe Neji would become the heir even if he is from THE BRANCH HOUSE!

Heh sorry I'm just ranting now hehehe sorry about that.

I just don't get it I mean how can they just think that Naruto NEVER loved Sakura and Sakura's feelings for Sasuke will NEVER changed...

It just doesn't make sense to me.

#38 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:44 AM

*pats Aethos on the back*

Yeah, I know it can be very frustrating reading how people get their opinions so twisted over a story you love. happy.gif; Hell, if we get that mad, imagine how mad KISHIMOTO gets over his characters being misunderstood. tongue.gif

My biggest irritation is definitely readers who get the meaning of the story completely wrong. But, hey, they usually have a shallow view of the world so that goes over to their view of the manga...

Well, I'll save my ranting energies for the Rant Thread. wink.gif

I'm with LeeTenten as well! It's remarkable how Tenten seems to be the Sakura for Lee, judging by how she worries and kicks him back into line! I think she would actually notice Lee if he were to drop his Gai-clone appearance and chill out a little. He does have his great points, it's just that he can be too dramatic and extreme at times!

At least we know this community here has a pretty good handle on the characters (as far as I can tell!). happy.gif It's always a joy to discuss the manga with others who have taken the time to read it properly!

Poor Naruto gets so little love in fanart and fanfics... and no, yaoi does not count. tongue.gif

Hmm... Narutoinfo seems to have gone down as well. O.o I wonder what happened?

It was definitely worth it setting up these boards. biggrin.gif

#39 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:16 AM

You know I actually thought Gai was Lee's father... dry.gif

I mean COME ON they look WAAAAAAAY too much alike and act too much the same to NOT be related.

Oh did you also notice how Lee and Gai kind of look like a mix of Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee? Heh no wonder they're experts in Taijutsu.

Yeah I mean if I made a story and people misunderstood the characters that would make me frustrated too. grrr it just almost feels like those people don't even look underneath the underneath....

::feels so Kakashi-esque for saying that.::

I mean they just see Hinata being the ONLY girl without a crush on Sasuke and instantly pair her with Naruto. Since Sakura is the main female character and the one female genin whom everyone HATES, of course they're gonna throw her into a relationship with Sasuke just so Naruto get's with Hinata and all their NaruHina fantasies are fulfilled.

It's things like that; that make me sick... mainly because they don't think realistically and see that the characters are human and can change their views over time. I mean I'd love to see the proof that Naruto NEVER loved Sakura. He wouldn't have saved her from Gaara if he didn't love her or at least he wouldn't have fought for her.

I'd love to see where they get that Sakura is going to stay with Sasuke till the end. Sure they have that ONE chapter the chapter where Sasuke left and where Sakura claimed that she would do anything and go to any length to be with him. But she was just trying to show him that there was at least ONE person who cared that much for him. And of course she cares I mean they're teammates and friends. Sure Sakura still has her crush but come on she's not stupid and yet that's what most SasuSaku supporters think.

Of course I know I should just hold this off for the rant thread. I'm sorry about that. I just had a lot to let out of my system and that's basically just how I feel. It's like people say that the characters are 2 dimensional and if you take them too seriously you MUST be looking too hard into things. Whereas I see the characters as 3 dimensional. Sure they may not be REAL people who have REAL emotions but Kishimoto puts those emotions in there and makes the characters real. He makes them come alive and shows how they change throughout the story. That's why Kishimoto is such a great writer.

Heh and one more thing I too see the Lee and TenTen connection. I kind of see Lee with TenTen more than Neji just because when you think about it they just look so cute together.

#40 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:31 AM

Don't worry about ranting here. happy.gif

I agree with your views! The manga has depth to it, and the characters feel human - which is why we enjoy the series so much. They have depth, and you can see subtle hints of the emotions lurking beneath the surface.

"Read underneath the underneath" as Kakashi would indeed say. wink.gif

Sakura obviously really cares for Naruto. There are a few things she has done for him that go way beyond a normal friendship/teammate thing. And of course we know of her emerging feelings. wink.gif I mean, she blushed and her heart beat fast when she saw Naruto stand up to Zabuza.

Over the entire manga, has she had an equal reaction to Sasuke? Nope. She has blushed and done heart-eyes yes, but nothing as powerful as what she felt for a certain blond boy. She also really believes in herself when Naruto is around.

I'm sure that as the manga unfolds, Sakura will see more and more of who Naruto really is. wink.gif And perhaps she'll even see just how much he loves her.

Well, I should get offline for a bit - got to get ready for work. Joy. tongue.gif I wish I could stay here and finish Chs 7+8, then work on some skins for these forums. Oh well, at least I have a week's holiday coming up in a few weeks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users