Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

[post='http://www.gogoanime...super-episode-1'][/post]

The first Episode is OUT!!! what are your thoughts Ladies and Gentlemen!? :D

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 July 2015 - 12:08 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

Any mess has Toei done? or everything going well?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

I'll watch it in my lunch break.

#4 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

well I saw it yesterday and it was good and sweet would say more but not sure how to post it with a tage.

#5 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

My hubby and I saw it last night and we loved it. We both have been fans since we were in junior high, and we never thought that we'd be treated to a new series 19 years later!! So it was great just getting to see new DBZ content in series form, no more new intros for Kai, or animated scenes in the games, or movies, no an actual series!! I personally love the episodes during peace, those to me are the best. It's not often that we get to see what everyone does, and getting to see Goku actually pull his weight around when it comes to supporting his family is always a plus. 

Spoilers

Edited by Konohakitten, 06 July 2015 - 03:34 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#6 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

My hubby and I saw it last night and we loved it. We both have been fans since we were in junior high, and we never thought that we'd be treated to a new series 19 years later!! So it was great just getting to see new DBZ content in series form, no more new intros for Kai, or animated scenes in the games, or movies, no an actual series!! I personally love the episodes during peace, those to me are the best. It's not often that we get to see what everyone does, and getting to see Goku actually pull his weight around when it comes to supporting his family is always a plus. 

Spoilers

Yeah I know how you feel I mean its good we getting new DBZ.

Spoilers

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

Perhaps the very few upside of Buu Saga: Videl and Gohan.

I am still waiting for lunch hour.

#8 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

Yeah I know how you feel I mean its good we getting new DBZ.

Spoilers

Exactly the last time we got to see such interactions between those three was in the 2nd Broly movie, and I love it. Videl really is a sweetie to those little boys. She and Gohan are just adorable, they're one canon couple that I'm eager to see with this new series, second being Vegeta and Bulma. 

My Kokoro

Edited by Konohakitten, 06 July 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#9 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

Looks like is going well, and no Toei dark deeds.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#10 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

Perhaps the very few upside of Buu Saga: Videl and Gohan.

I am still waiting for lunch hour.

Yeah while many hate the first half of Buu they love Gohan and Videl I mean seeing them both there and with each other is sweet and they run off on each other well both fit each other just right something that I just love seeing.

Exactly the last time we got to see such interactions between those three was in the 2nd Broly movie, and I love it. Videl really is a sweetie to those little boys. She and Gohan are just adorable, they're one canon couple that I'm eager to see with this new series, second being Vegeta and Bulma. 

My Kokoro

That is true and I hope that we see more of this as well in the other episodes I know we shall see Vegeta with His Family next week which I have a feeling that it will be funny to watch I mean this is Vegeta after all.

#11 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

Reminds me of DB a bit more then DBZ, but it seemed ok so far.

#12 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

Reminds me of DB a bit more then DBZ, but it seemed ok so far.

And that's a good thing for now IMO 

it felt quite nostalgic 

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

Spoilers

I agree of course but I have a slightly different view regarding the spoiler.

spoiler

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 July 2015 - 12:07 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#14 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

Wow...just wow xD

Here is what I thought. I thought DB Super was going to be a continuation of the DB manga. Goku returns after training Uub. But instead is the in-between.

So...here is what we got.

Goku is still the worst father ever.

Vegeta is still the best father ever.

Mr Satan and Buu are still the weirdest gay couple.

Oh and Gohan and Videl are so sweet. See that NH fans, that is how a real positive relationship looks like.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

It's pretty amazing that Vegeta got nothing on Sasuke in fatherhood.

#16 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:35 PM

I was/am still worried about this new series but this first episode is really heart-warming. Oh nostalgia!  :wibble:

This ^. I know he's supposed to be this lovable carefree character, but he's got a kid and he just teleports away like nothing. Chichi even acknowledges that he's going to be gone without ever caring to touch base with them. ... Awful. 

Edited by chouzu_tao, 07 July 2015 - 08:37 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#17 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

I was/am still worried about this new series but this first episode is really heart-warming. Oh nostalgia!  :wibble:

This ^. I know he's supposed to be this lovable carefree character, but he's got a kid and he just teleports away like nothing. Chichi even acknowledges that he's going to be gone without ever caring to touch base with them. ... Awful. 

Ahhh yes Goku's parenting skills. You know I never really saw him as a bad parent per say, but as I got older I came to terms with him not winning the father of the year award anytime soon. My husband and I even made jokes on how long it was going to take for Goku to "escape" his fatherly responsibilities and we weren't surprised to see that we got our answers at the end of the first episode. 

At least Goku's kids aren't brats like Bolt who can't handle his father not spending time with him because he's Hokage, and yet Gohan and Goten have a dad who much rather stay dead for the sake of training then to come back to be with his family. I have no doubt that Goku loves his kids, but he really didn't have a father himself,since Gohan passed away while he was so young, so it's not like Goku has much to go off of. Goku's just has training up as priority number one his list at like all times, nothing is ever going to change that. 

There is one scene though that always gets me. It's the scene when Gohan leaves to fight Buu. He has to say goodbye to Goku and so he hugs him, and for a few seconds Goku doesn't do a damn thing and I'm like......why Goku?! He might as well stopped Gohan and given a handshake instead!! Yet Gohan is fine with it and he even asks to wear his fathers clothing before facing Buu, damn Gohan, mad props right there.

#18 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

Wow...just wow xD

Here is what I thought. I thought DB Super was going to be a continuation of the DB manga. Goku returns after training Uub. But instead is the in-between.

Oh and Gohan and Videl are so sweet. See that NH fans, that is how a real positive relationship looks like.

lololol I hope this was sarcasm  :D

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#19 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

Wow...just wow xD

lol oh this was good and funny as well I mean with what you have said as well I mean I think I have to say that with both Goku and Vegeta, so here me out everyone please.

Both Goku and Vegeta are better parents than BOTH Naruto and Sasuke in everyway that we can say and think of which is something I think we all know that Akira Toriyama will do, I mean that would make me laugh Akira Toriyama shoot down Kishi.

Hell you said it as the last thing, as Gohan and Videl are sweet, but you forgot to add SS as well which is good and funny as well since we all know that its true as well Gohan and Videl are so cute for each other and both love each other very well too, plus let remember they have Pan a sweet and kick ass little girl that can kick all the Naruto's kids butts.

#20 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

Ahhh yes Goku's parenting skills. You know I never really saw him as a bad parent per say, but as I got older I came to terms with him not winning the father of the year award anytime soon. My husband and I even made jokes on how long it was going to take for Goku to "escape" his fatherly responsibilities and we weren't surprised to see that we got our answers at the end of the first episode. 

At least Goku's kids aren't brats like Bolt who can't handle his father not spending time with him because he's Hokage, and yet Gohan and Goten have a dad who much rather stay dead for the sake of training then to come back to be with his family. I have no doubt that Goku loves his kids, but he really didn't have a father himself,since Gohan passed away while he was so young, so it's not like Goku has much to go off of. Goku's just has training up as priority number one his list at like all times, nothing is ever going to change that. 

There is one scene though that always gets me. It's the scene when Gohan leaves to fight Buu. He has to say goodbye to Goku and so he hugs him, and for a few seconds Goku doesn't do a damn thing and I'm like......why Goku?! He might as well stopped Gohan and given a handshake instead!! Yet Gohan is fine with it and he even asks to wear his fathers clothing before facing Buu, damn Gohan, mad props right there.

You make a great point about him never having a father figure to base his choices off of. He's always also been so independent that he may never have even felt the need for a dad. 

As far as the scene goes, it reminds me that this may be a very cultural thing that may be coming into play here. Obviously this is just a guess but from what I remember of some Japanese documentaries, it isn't unusual for family members to leave one another, either for work or school, to never see each other for months or even years. 

That scene, in the manga, I think Goku tells Gohan to not be such a girl when they're hugging. I can't remember where I saw it. I'm going to have to look for it now.

Both Goku and Vegeta are better parents than BOTH Naruto and Sasuke in everyway that we can say and think of which is something I think we all know that Akira Toriyama will do, I mean that would make me laugh Akira Toriyama shoot down Kishi.

Well, to be fair to Naruto we've only seen a short sampling of Naruto's sampling and he's got to look after an entire village. Side tangent- I dislike the new series so much.  Whereas Goku only wants to train. 

Vegeta may be a good father because he seemed to really admire his dad. He lost his father and he knows what it's like to not have a father. 

Sasuke... I don't care. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users