Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 2 2013, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Privacy, and the search you do wil not be the same as the others in other words it can be even hard for you to find someome, and it's not only about this it also collect private information about you like, even credit card numbers, and other personal info.
It is a big deal.

when i started using chrome my email got hacked 2-3 times.

What? No, it doesn't.

Sounds like a personal problem to me, I've never had anything stolen from me online, not passwords, credit card info or anything like that. The only info it collects is pretty much websites you browse and your passwords and guess what? Every other browser does it too.

#22 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Mar 2 2013, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? No, it doesn't.

Sounds like a personal problem to me, I've never had anything stolen from me online, not passwords, credit card info or anything like that. The only info it collects is pretty much websites you browse and your passwords and guess what? Every other browser does it too.

Sorry sir but chrome records a lot of other informations not just your password but aswell everything.
Judging by your comment is obvious that you does not have any kind of knowledgement of how chrome works, usarnames, everything you write on the browser.
Every single website even if you use Ctrl+N still is recorded and they make an profile about you, along with other personal information this is how chromes works, chromes connects to other websites on the background as well.
It's like there's someome behind you when you browse using chrome.

it's not a matter of personal problem is matter of security.

"n essence, Google is expanding the concept of an "open Internet" to not only mean an open "dumb" pipe of ISP bandwidth to every edge computer, but also an open "dumb" gateway that provides only Google automatic unencumbered access into the inside of every Chrome-enabled computer -- including its private contents.

(Apparently Google has concluded that to fulfill its mission "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful" it must be able to seize access to whatever information it wants, whenever it wants, without the permission of its owners.)
Simply, Google effectively has established "master key access" to all Chrome users computers and then left them unlocked for Google's sole purposes.

Looked at yet another way, Google has created what is potentially a 30 million plus Google botnet of Chromed-computers.

Moreover, Google has effectively constructed a Chrome botnet that is not that dissimilar in capability to bad-actor botnets that can distribute viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, spam, key-stroke logging malware, p-2-p file-sharing, etc.
The primary difference here is that Google claims its botnet is a good botnet run by good guys with good intentions.

The huge problem with that difference is that "security is Google's Achilles heel" (as I have documented in a seven-part research series).
This means if Chrome is ever hacked, (and according to Google, the Chinese have already successfully hacked Google), Google has essentially left all Chrome users completely vulnerable to whatever the hacker wants to automatically push out to Google's 30 million-plus Chrome users.
By blowing off the common sense, best-practice safety-net of respecting the need for permission and authorization from users before reconfiguring their software and potentially gaining access to all their information, Google has put all Chrome users at the mercy the inviolability of Google's security -- security that has already been proven by the Chinese to be porous."

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 02 March 2013 - 01:23 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#23 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Dark, unfortunately, is truth by what he says. While not that radical yet, Google is buying all these sites to "monitor" your actions on them. Google search even has as tracker on it that tracks what you are looking for in the searches.

While I can't say anything is definitive, there is nothing saying someone at google can't use this information for miss-deeds. Also, while yes hackers do this, this is a business. A company. Illegal activity is still illegal.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 02 March 2013 - 01:17 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Mar 2 2013, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dark, unfortunately, is truth by what he says. While not that radical yet, Google is buying all these sites to "monitor" your actions on them. Google search even has as tracker on it that tracks what you are looking for in the searches.

While I can't say anything is definitive, there is nothing saying someone at google can't use this information for miss-deeds. Also, while yes hackers do this, this is a business. A company. Illegal activity is still illegal.

The problem is google may be a company but it's a matter of trustability, Google does not have a huge top security, it picks all your information and it's illegal to get your personal info such as your credit cards as well but still is not illegal because you agreed with it on the user terms.

I'm not against a browser that saves my personal info i'm a against a browser that saves it and sends this information to an another database, even your history.
Just look at it if someome hacks your gmail or whatever this person can just look on the history and see everything you browse on the internet, and track everything.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 02 March 2013 - 01:30 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#25 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 2 2013, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem is google may be a company but it's a matter of trustability, Google does not have a huge top security, it picks all your information and it's illegal to get your personal info such as your credit cards as well but still is not illegal because you agreed with it on the user terms it's the same thing as you giving a permission to a hacker to get your personal information.

But they don't collect information like credit cards, not unless you choose to store it.

I've read the privacy policy, nearly everything they collect is mostly minor information that I can choose to not have collected if I want, which again, is why I've never had an issue with it.

It's like that incident that happened with Sony, where all of the PSN accounts had information taken from them, even though Sony claims that no credit card information was taken, I didn't have any billing information saved to my account because I'm given the choice not to, which in turned saved me from that bad turn of events.

And yes, if someone were to hack my gmail, they could, but I play it safe online. I can guarantee that almost anyone who's had an account stolen somehow someway it was their own fault.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 02 March 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#26 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Mar 2 2013, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But they don't collect information like credit cards, not unless you choose to store it.

I've read the privacy policy, nearly everything they collect is mostly minor information that I can choose to not have collected if I want, which again, is why I've never had an issue with it.

It's like that incident that happened with Sony, where all of the PSN accounts had information taken from them, even though Sony claims that no credit card information was taken, I didn't have any billing information saved to my account because I'm given the choice not to, which in turned saved me from that bad turn of events.

They do collect still it's send saved and then it's get an answer from the google servers that this number is a credit card they keep the number but does not allow the browser to save it.

PSN was different they hacked the database of PSN now imagine if they hack the google database which was hacked several times before with a lot of accounts being hacked and requests to change your password they still claim that no other personal info got stolen all the companies claim this but on the reality what happened is the inverse.
The same happened with League of legends recently.

the only thing good on chrome is that it's fast but i dont want to join a botnet.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 02 March 2013 - 01:35 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#27 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 2 2013, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They do collect still it's send saved and then it's get an answer from the google servers that this number is a credit card they keep the number but does not allow the browser to save it.

PSN was different they hacked the database of PSN now imagine if they hack the google database which was hacked several times before with a lot of accounts being hacked and requests to change your password they still claim that no other personal info got stolen all the companies claim this but on the reality what happened is the inverse.
The same happened with League of legends recently.

I can see what you mean, but do you actually have proof that they do save it in their servers? I'd like to see a source.

#28 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 2 2013, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem is google may be a company but it's a matter of trustability, Google does not have a huge top security, it picks all your information and it's illegal to get your personal info such as your credit cards as well but still is not illegal because you agreed with it on the user terms.

I'm not against a browser that saves my personal info i'm a against a browser that saves it and sends this information to an another database, even your history.
Just look at it if someome hacks your gmail or whatever this person can just look on the history and see everything you browse on the internet, and track everything.

*sigh* See, even when I agree with you you still fight points with me. This is why I don't like talking to you anymore, Dark.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Mar 2 2013, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sigh* See, even when I agree with you you still fight points with me. This is why I don't like talking to you anymore, Dark.

Sorry i didnt see that you said you disagree but then make a post agreeing it confused me.

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Mar 2 2013, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see what you mean, but do you actually have proof that they do save it in their servers? I'd like to see a source.

Botnet says it all.
When you open the browser it's already connected to the Google's servers.

The thread is Chrome vs Firefox.

Chromes is faster than Firefox but

Anyone who knows about software knows that there are some important bases when you do a software.

-Transparency
-Security
-Trustability

Chrome maybe faster than Firefox but Chrome does not have transparency, neither security and you simply cant trust on a company that records everything you do on the internet like a spyware.
If chrome wasnt a botnet it would be the best browser around.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 02 March 2013 - 02:00 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users