#1 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

To start off, I'm a standard guy along with the connotations that go along with it. I've got the typical stereotypical guy tastes as far as games, anime, music, and the like. Movies with themes of war and guns all over the place. Alot of the things I like involve awesome weapons, giant robots beating the tar out of other giant robots, and bad ass manly men like Bruce Willis and Robert Deniro. I have pictures of Solid Snake, Ryu Hayabusa and Travis Touchdown on my PC desktop. This may seem over redundant, but I feel that I need to emphasize this considering what I'm going to be talking about.

This sounds really weird first off but at I figured it'd be a good thing for myself to kinda fess up that there are several anime/manga that I really like that my friends would laugh at me for liking or even think I have a testosterone deficiency.

I've really been into many anime like Itazura Na Kiss, Suzuka, and even Aikitteneruze Baby. I really like them for some of the deep character developement and the regular relationships and situations that the characters experience that I in general have lacked my whole life. Not to say that I don't have regrets and the like but at the same time, I've done some good things with my life, but I almost envy the characters for some of the things they go through that I never had the chance to. To me in feels weird because these are the regular animes that regular guys would go for considering they are really girly , but I really do enjoy them. I mean, it hard imagining lumping these with a guy who has alot of Berserk and Fist of the Northstart as his favorite animes. As far as the rest of the guys here, any of you have the same type of anime that you're liking and maybe even sometimes embarassed to admit it? As as far the the girls go, what do you think of it. I mean, I hate chick flicks and romance novels just like a typical guy but all but these I'm really into.

Edited by Silverback1138, 28 June 2008 - 03:48 AM.

#2 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

I thought Suzuka kicked ass myself as well actually, although i also think it was kinda strange, but thats not the point lol.

I havent really watched any other anime like that, mainly because ive only seen about 15-20 different anime series lol. But if i do watch more of this type, i wouldnt care about admitting it, as long as i liked it biggrin.gif

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

*waves hand* Suzuka here, too! biggrin.gif I liked it for its characters and development. The ending wasn't quite what I expected, but it was good.

Thanks to turning into a rabid NaruSaku fan nearly five years ago (or IS it really five now?), I've developed a soft touch for romance. tongue.gif I still don't like really sugary stuff (you know, REALLY sugary shoujos where everyone is sparkly and beautiful), but I do like heartwarming stories.

I've only just got up, so I can't think of others I've read, but I will try to!

#4 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:01 AM

Well it's nice too see I'm not the only guy who into this stuff. It almost felt really odd to me at times, but like Smiter, I've developed that soft spot for the Romance genre of animes. Almost like the reason reason I love Jpop, but totally hate regular pop music.

You can possibly even say that these can be gender neutral, but in some cases, some of them seem a bit on the girly side, especially Itazura Na Kiss, but I still really like them. But I guess that it really comes down to a good story and good character developement as long as it's not too effeminite.

#5 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:09 AM

same here!! I also felt weird at first,for a guy like me developing a soft spot for romance stories

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

Fruits Basket.

uc.png

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:52 AM

I told everyone that I loved Sailor Moon. It's was one of my first anime series to watch. And I'm always a sucker for romance (I've been a fan of Disney romance like Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Lion King -but not old school like Cinderella and Snow White-). It gave me the reason why I love main character couples, which is why I'm a addictive NaruSaku fan biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:25 AM

In the past I didn't use to like romance at all (sailor moon was the first anime I was secretly watching though). But since I started watching Naruto and became a narusaku fan, I tried to look into some new shows and I actually liked some of them.

I'm starting to like romance stories more lately. There has to be humor in it too though. In the past I never would have watched these shows lol. Clannad, Kanon, zero no tsukaima and Hayate no gotoku are some examples. The harem-element often plays a role in the shows as well.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#9 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

*notes down some series mentioned here* I'll go check them out. smile.gif

I just tried to-LOVE-ru (obviously because of the word in the title), but that is way more ecchi than romance. tongue.gif

#10 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

Capitain Tsubasa and Hamtaro 0///0
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#11 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:53 PM

Peach Girl and Lovely Complex

#12 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

Is it me or only guys here...
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#13 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:48 PM

Im a sucker for romance and im a dude. I mean, if any sort of series,comics, manga, video game etc dosn't have a good romance it's a big minus for me.

Although I tend to love the Nnarusaku kind of love more then your love in first sight american garbage, An evolving love which is exciting and funny as well as sweet and deep.

The only manga Im ashamed of reading is a spiderman manga called "spiderman loves mary jane" which I bouht for my little sis but ended up reading myself sweatdrop.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#14 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 1 2008, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*notes down some series mentioned here* I'll go check them out. smile.gif

I just tried to-LOVE-ru (obviously because of the word in the title), but that is way more ecchi than romance. tongue.gif

Smiter!!! I love To Love Ru!! It's so damn funny. It's more of a ecchi comedy with a bit of romance. It's actually one of my current favorites along with School Rumble. I don't consider these romance really because the comedy seems to be the main focus on them.

#15 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

Hey, hey! I just found something cool. XD

Densha Otoko - on OneManga

I knew Densha meant train, so I clicked on it, wondering what sort of manga it would be about trains.

Turns out it's a romantic comedy, where the main character is a timid nerd... and he gets his advice from 2ch (biggest Japanese bulletin board). XDDD

Thank goodness it wasn't 4chan, otherwise it would have been a VERY SHORT story

I've only read the first couple of chapters, but it already had me giggling and eager to read more. smile.gif

#16 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:07 AM

wow Shriner....This is actually pretty good! It starts off slow but by the second chapter is grew on me I would hug you if it didnt question my manlyness.

Well a Guilty Pleasure would be a tie between Ai Yori Aoshi and Ororon..While Aoshi may be all fluff (and reminds me of Tenchi somewhat) Ororon has its fluffy moments combined with blood and killing which is always a plus for me.

#17 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

My name isn't Shriner. XD

No problem, glad you enjoyed it! smile.gif I'll check out those titles you mentioned tonight.

#18 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

Nagasarete Airantou and Mahoraba I guess. I like the character development and comedy

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#19 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

Wow Smiter, this manga is great, and apprently it's based on a true event!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#20 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Jul 3 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow Smiter, this manga is great, and apprently it's based on a true event!

I agree. So far I'm really enjoying it. Damn, do I see a lot of shades of this guy in me during my younger years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users