49 replies to this topic

#21 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hmm, I was planning on skipping this 'cause it wasn't my style, but I got a devious idea, Kyuubi's birthday and he goes out of control! Yes yes it's all coming together now!

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#22 CherryBlossom77

CherryBlossom77

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Happy 8th Birthday H&E!!

#23 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Happy Birthday H&E.

I'd also like to know about the overhaul, I was really looking forward to it.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#24 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Happy 8th H&E!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

8 years and still running good. Thanks to a good staff team, members, and support.

Edited by Dreamer, 25 September 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#26 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thank you to every single one of you for the birthday greetings and for being a part of this forum! a_dance.gif

I can't believe we've been around for so long - eight years! Time really does fly so quickly. Some of you I have known for most of H&E's life, or even longer than that! Thank you so much to all the regulars for coming here and making this a real home, and to all the mod staff past and present for looking after everyone. biggrin.gif

This board has seen so many moments in the Naruto manga, and we've all been through some real highs and lows when it comes to NaruSaku. Eight years on, we're still waiting for Naruto and Sakura to get together. XD; But, who knows, maybe we might not have that long to wait as the manga will reportedly be wrapping up within a couple of years - and we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. smile.gif

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 23 2012, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of which, didn't you say there would be a major overhaul of the forum soon around this time, Smiter??

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 23 2012, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd also like to know about the overhaul, I was really looking forward to it.

It's still coming. smile.gif Truthfully, the overhaul has turned out to be a way bigger project than I had originally thought. When H&E started up, all I had to do was install some board software and slap a NaruSaku banner on it. It grew organically over the years as demand for specific forums and features grew. The new H&E has a brand new skin and I've been doing a lot of experimenting to try and get the right look to give it that Naruto and NaruSaku feel. It can also be customised (different colours and backgrounds) so that's been a challenge to design around. We're also going to get a replacement for the ageing Library software, and a dozen different ideas have been looked at.

Couple that with my hectic job and various commitments to friends and family at the weekend, and it's pretty exhausting work. sweatdrop.gif But I do have a holiday coming up in a couple of weeks which will be a huge help, and I am hoping to get it all done by the start of the Holiday season at the very latest. smile.gif Because this is a big change, I will also be trying to open up a Beta site so that everyone here can take a look and help with feedback/suggestions. Only when we're all happy, will H&E2 be launched. The last thing I want to do is to force a rushed upgrade that nobody likes. smile.gif

QUOTE (Branden @ Sep 23 2012, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I was planning on skipping this 'cause it wasn't my style, but I got a devious idea, Kyuubi's birthday and he goes out of control! Yes yes it's all coming together now!

Go for it! biggrin.gif

#27 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

I'm just glad Heaven and Earth is up and running without any glitches or page timeouts unlike a certain other site... *coughGameSpotcough*

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#28 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'll need to write something~ narusakuct7.gif

Happy Birthday, Heaven and Earth~ Love you muchly love.gif

#29 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

8 Years? Holy crap, really?

/checks join date
//sees it's been almost 7 years
///whoa

Maybe I can actually work up the gumption to write something for this!* In any case you better save some of the red velvet birthday cake for me!

*(Probably not though)
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#30 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Sep 26 2012, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
8 Years? Holy crap, really?

/checks join date
//sees it's been almost 7 years
///whoa

Maybe I can actually work up the gumption to write something for this!* In any case you better save some of the red velvet birthday cake for me!

*(Probably not though)

Yup. I've now known many of you for almost 10 yrs now, thanks to Naruto. Pretty damn cool~ ;3

*shares sum cake but keeps most of it for mahself* fu.png

#31 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Happy birthday H&E

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#32 SirDragon13

SirDragon13

Science

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:This needed serious updates.

Snowboarding
    Traveling
    Skateboarding
    Anything science
    Food. Love me some tacos.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY H&E! biggrin.gif
One Side:
And the Other

#33 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

A happy birthday to H&E from me as well biggrin.gif

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#34 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm a little late. Sadly, I'm going to have to bow-out of the birthday writing this time. I'm pushing to finish the current fic I'm working on so I can free some time for NaNoWriMo 2012. But I look forward to the fics and pictures that are submitted. smile.gif
End of line.

#35 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Sheesh, this site is 8 yrs old already?

I'm getting old.

Happy Birthday H&E!!

*goes to archives for nostalgia*

#36 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Wow! Happy birthday H&E. I've always wanted to write a Naruto birthday fic, and this gives me a good excuse. Incoming celebratory fluffy story!

#37 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Finally decided to write a one shot myself for Heaven and Earth's eight year anniversary: http://www.narusaku....ory.php?sid=676

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#38 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Oct 17 2012, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally decided to write a one shot myself for Heaven and Earth's eight year anniversary: http://www.narusaku....ory.php?sid=676

Thank you for writing the story. biggrin.gif

Only one thing; it was a bit strange to read how Naruto found out about his parents in your story, as he met them directly in the manga. Other than that, nice little oneshot. smile.gif

#39 Jirucchi

Jirucchi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Happy b'day HnE! biggrin.gif (Never thought that this site has already been here for 8 years o.O)
LOL omg, I hope it's not too late. Btw I'm going to post a fanart, but I'm afraid it can't be finished on 28th (maybe 29th) since it's pretty complicated and such, so is it fine? I don't really mind about getting the prize or not, 'cause I enter this just for fun and as a b'day gift for HnE xD

#40 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Jirucchi @ Oct 28 2012, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Happy b'day HnE! biggrin.gif (Never thought that this site has already been here for 8 years o.O)
LOL omg, I hope it's not too late. Btw I'm going to post a fanart, but I'm afraid it can't be finished on 28th (maybe 29th) since it's pretty complicated and such, so is it fine? I don't really mind about getting the prize or not, 'cause I enter this just for fun and as a b'day gift for HnE xD

Well, I don't mind extending it until this Sunday (4th November). smile.gif

Thank you to Toasty Warrior, NaruDeeds, and narulsaku for your submissions! You'll get your forum specials this Sunday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users