#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

Hey, guys! 

My second book is rapidly coming to its close, and when it does I'll be moving onto my next project called "Mages of the North". This will be my official attempt to bring NaruSaku back to life as much as possible with different, but unique characters, and a different but similar plot at the same time, When I start on this subject, I would like to get some ideas and tips from you guys to make these pairings as close to NS as possible.

Here's the story setting:

There are two warring continents divided into the north continent, and the south continent. The north continent consists of about 15 to 20 different nations who are all more or less allied with one another. The north is nearing the early steam age, meaning their armies are using muskets, cannons, grenadiers and cavalry on the ground, while their naval power consists of frigates and ships of the line. The country the story takes place in is called "Fioraa" which is widely considered to be the world's leader when it comes to understanding the study of magical energies.

The south, however, is a much larger continent with nearly 50 countries in total, giving it a huge population. However, the south is always in a crisis of some kind. Civil wars, famine, disease, natural disaster, there's always something going on which limits their ability to experiment with new weapons. Armies here are still limited to sword and shield technology, making them extremely out gunned when faced against the north. However, their armies massively outnumber the northern armies, and southern countries constantly try to pull more northern countries into conflict. One country in particular is Fioraa's rival far to the south. This country (still looking for a name) has a deadly necromantic cult who seeks to completely destroy the mages guild of Fioraa. 

The two main male characters are name Floris and Alvis. Floris is a very skilled alchemist, but has little to no skill with magical abilities. Alvis is unaware he has any in the beginning, but rapidly turns himself into the star student of the Arcane University in the capital city. They are both hunters from the same village in the southern swamp, and have known each other from birth.

Kathrina is the lead female, and she is of noble birth. She is running away from home to escape a forced marriage, and seeks to learn more about Restoration magic in the hopes of becoming the best known healer on the northern continent.

Eventually the three meet, form a team, and are put under the watchful eye of "Flare" who is an Elemental mage of fire and acts as the mentor for the three.

Eventually, Alvis becomes corrupt with power and runs away from the mages guild, leaving his team behind. Kathrina begs Floris to bring him back to her, making her request of a lifetime to him. Floris promises her he'll bring Alvis back and chases after him.

A long and intensive battle breaks out between not just former best friends, but practically brothers who knew each other from birth. The star student of the university goes against the best alchemist that leaves the countryside baron. Eventually, Floris is taken down when his arm is blown off, and Alvis leaves him for dead. 

Flare finds Floris lying on the ground, and rushes him back to the hospital where Kathrina sees the result of the battle. She spends the next several weeks by Floris's side, aiding him when needed, and punishing herself for not going with him. 

Well, that's the general breakdown of it. I don't want to spoil too much of the story, but I also feel I need to give enough information to catch your interest. 

The story is in its very early stages right now, so any wild idea can be accepted.

#2 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

So Floris is Naruto? And Kathrina is Sakura? 

NS dynamics will work of Floris is boisterous and Kathrina is the non submissive type to keep him in line. Floris loves to suffer her wrath (Tsundere) by behaving stupidly (to get her attention) until he realizes that he should stop acting stupid after witnessing Kathrina's destructive power just like Naruto witness Sakura performed the strength of 100 Seal at the second bell training exam. Kathrina develops romantic feelings when she witnesses Floris accomplishes and prowess and her first love for Alvis slowly declines. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#3 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

So Floris is Naruto? And Kathrina is Sakura? 

NS dynamics will work of Floris is boisterous and Kathrina is the non submissive type to keep him in line. Floris loves to suffer her wrath (Tsundere) by behaving stupidly (to get her attention) until he realizes that he should stop acting stupid after witnessing Kathrina's destructive power just like Naruto witness Sakura performed the strength of 100 Seal at the second bell training exam. Kathrina develops romantic feelings when she witnesses Floris accomplishes and prowess and her first love for Alvis slowly declines. 

Floris and Kathrina resemble Naruto and Sakura in a number of ways. However, they're still worlds apart. 

Floris is an alchemical genius, is very quiet, and tends to stay in the background and think things through. Like Naruto, however, he likes Kathrina from the start because she's pretty, but his feelings eventually mature into something new. Kathrina doesn't hate Floris by any stretch of the imagination. She cares for him as a teammate, but she thinks he's a little...weird in the beginning because he's so quiet.

Kathrina resembles Sakura in a lot of ways, sure. She's a very good healer, likes and supposedly "loves" a boy based on his looks and skill with magic. She punishes her teammates when they do something stupid, but also shows her caring side a lot at well. What's going to set her apart, though, is how quickly she actually matures as a character. It doesn't take her long to get over her "first love" when she sees what he does to Floris during their battle. 

By the time they're in their older teens, Floris and Kathrina may be fairly inseparable. She realizes Floris is dealing with a difficult times, and wants to support him. Heck, even when he gets out of the hospital she feeds him because he can't use his left arm that well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users