site news

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#201 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ok Im a little lost, how do we post youtube videos on here. What's the code for it because the embed version isn't working D:

Please and thank you :3

You can now just copy/paste the full direct Youtube video link into your post box, then check to preview and the video should be up ^^

#202 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

You can now just copy/paste the full direct Youtube video link into your post box, then check to preview and the video should be up ^^

Thanks for helping me out in my moment of Derpyness

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#203 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for helping me out in my moment of Derpyness

Oh trust me, I had the exact same moment as you, before I finally realized the update made youtube linkage posting easy again XDD

#204 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

The spoilers aren't working. I tried to open a couple and it redirects me to a blank tab.

#205 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

Spoilers that were done before the site update will not work unless edited by hand, I'm afraid. :( If you want, you could link me to the post which has the spoiler so that I can edit it. 

We are going back to edit important posts with spoilers as we get to them such as the Manifesto! Feel free to PM or request here any posts/threads which need their spoilers sorted out. (If they are your own posts, you can edit them yourself! Smiter outlined a small tutorial for everyone earlier on in the thread.)

OK, update on the old spoiler tags, guys.

I'm sorry to say that there's no way to automatically fix them, because the new code has an extra tag at the end. Attempting to patch it would very likely mangle the entire forum layout. :(

But there is a manual solution. Here's the walkthrough:

• Edit your post, either the quick or full edit is absolutely fine.
  • Flick the light switch on the top left of your reply window.  This switches the editor to plain text so you can see all the BBcode tags.
  • Find the following and delete it: 
    [url=javascript:void(0);]--Click here to view--[/url]
  • That will get rid of the faulty spoiler bar, and you can either stay in plain text view or flick the light switch again to go back to normal.  Now you can insert your new spoiler tag, either by using the Special Menu (blue-green square next to the font dropdown box at top left), or by manually typing them in:
    [spoiler="Spoiler Title!"]
    This content is hidden.
    [/spoiler]

• Save and your post is fixed!

I'm sorry I could not come up with an automatic fix, but we can at least fix all the important posts, and this will also enable everyone to fix their own posts if they want to, which would speed up the process. :)

UPDATE: You can now see who's online in the mobile version of H&E.  I hope to be able to improve the mobile skin even more. :)

tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#206 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

Where is the calendar? I can't seem to find it. :umm:

It was easy to give birthday wishes before. Or is it still here? :headscratch:

ナルサク

#207 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Is anyone else having trouble receiving email notices from H&E?  The last I got from this site were delivered on 9/25.  I've checked every layer of spam filter/junk mail rules on my side, and don't see anything that could be preventing mail delivery.

Is it just me?   :twitch:

#208 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Is anyone else having trouble receiving email notices from H&E?  The last I got from this site were delivered on 9/25.  I've checked every layer of spam filter/junk mail rules on my side, and don't see anything that could be preventing mail delivery.

It's just you. I received an e-mail notification yesterday.

#209 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Actually, it's not just you. I checked all my email settings, and I haven't been getting e-mail notifications, although it became whacky maybe at the beginning of this week for me.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#210 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

Well, I checked and narusaku.com is not blacklisted, but apparently the site has no valid MX record -- which my ISP requires for delivery.  I wonder if that's changed in the last week...?

#211 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

I got an email Saturday or Sunday, but haven't been getting e-mails since then.

#212 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well, I checked and narusaku.com is not blacklisted, but apparently the site has no valid MX record -- which my ISP requires for delivery.  I wonder if that's changed in the last week...?

I meant SPF record.  Derp.

#213 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hmm, I've been getting mails as normal.  I haven't changed any settings, but I'll take a look at the SPF record.  I've never created one, so I'll need to take some time this weekend to see how it is done, and if it will help provide consistent e-mail service to everyone on H&E.

#214 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

After some investigation, it appears that the e-mail server went haywire for some reason and just can't send anything.  :sad:   It's still receiving e-mails as normal.  I haven't been able to track down the cause in the logs, so I've contacted the host.  Hopefully, they can find out what happened and help fix the problem!

It's a big problem because it also means that people cannot register on the website, they simply will not get their validation e-mails.  As soon as this problem is all cleared up, I will tell H&E to resend the validation e-mails!

#215 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm curious if this is something only I experienced or not, but yesterday I suddenly could not access the site, any other website I tried worked just fine, but every time I tried this one I got a webpage cannot be displayed message. Diagnostics said there was a connectivity issue, but it only occurred with this site. Am I the only one who had this problem, and if so, why?  

#216 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

I haven't had any connection problems with H&E for a long time, so hopefully what you experienced was just an one-off?

Our server host is still investigating the e-mail problem, so no updates yet I'm afraid.  But I will let you all know as soon as I hear anything!

#217 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

I've now solved the e-mail problem, so hopefully everyone should be getting notifications again.  :D

#218 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

What ended up being the problem, if you don't mind my asking?  

#219 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

I've now solved the e-mail problem, so hopefully everyone should be getting notifications again.  :D

Yes, it works now!! Thank you very much  :boogie:

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#220 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

What ended up being the problem, if you don't mind my asking?  

Well, our mail server could not send out because it was blacklisted for "spam or rate of sends".  H&E had been operating just fine for months after the update without any problems.  I contacted support, and they promised to look into the issue and update me.

However, they were quiet for over a week, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and found a solution in Mandrill.  It was highly recommended by other IPB community owners, and it's perfectly suited to handle the outgoing e-mail of busy websites.  Their servers are reputable, and the set-up works very well.  :happy:   Their stat-tracking is also way better, as it allows me to see exactly how busy H&E's mail gets and shows any delivery errors (such as e-mail addresses that are no longer valid).

It may cost me a little extra money, but Mandrill's fees are very reasonable.  Most importantly, the e-mail works!

I will be looking into a server move as well, since we are in danger of outgrowing our current hosting package.  I have a holiday coming up in a few weeks, so hopefully I can find a good host and also launch a new Fanfiction Library then.  :happy:

Yes, it works now!! Thank you very much  :boogie:

Glad to hear it.  :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users