185 replies to this topic

#121 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

Their is always away to save a franchise. I've seen several franchise once they had someone else take the wheel that knew what they were doing turn it around. the main problem is whoever is keeping this trainwreak going forward is determined not to turn back or think of anyway to actually save the franchise. 

They're too invested in their project to back down; it would probably be a humiliation for them to admit they f'd up.

This franchise can be saved, but burrito can't. Burrito and everything surrounding it, needs to die. That is the only way to save the franchise.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#122 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

They're too invested in their project to back down; it would probably be a humiliation for them to admit they f'd up.

This franchise can be saved, but burrito can't. Burrito and everything surrounding it, needs to die. That is the only way to save the franchise.

I like to add Hinata and Sasuke along with his entire clan.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#123 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

Well there is a way to save it, first this whole Bolt thing and all that happened before it would need to die as would all the people like Narudo Sasuke and so on one for us who hated it to get a smile on their death but it would need to be done in away that shows Naruto kittened up and how bad he became cause of Sasuke and being with Hinata.

Next have both parties say and admit that they messed up and say why they did it like this. "We're sorry we did this to this story we just only cared about Hinata being happy and we put what we wanted our own needs over the story and plot, we're sorry for this and we know that us doing this was very unprofessional of us and that we shouldn't play favourites."

Next time if I took over I would set it back to just after Pain and before they found out about Sasuke being in the Akatsuki now there will be many changes from there and here is what I have so far,

1: No child of prophecy that would be cut out and change to more like warnings and so on.

2: No reincarnation BS for Naruto and Sasuke we all know that was just so Sasuke would live that is gone.

3: Madara will stay the last Villian

4: Sasuke would die either as a villian or die in a way that Darth Vader did.

5: Naruto and Sakura get together/Naruto is also a good father as well

6: Neji lives and takes over the clan as he would be better leader.

7: Naruto and Sasuke's god powers will not last and are just temp

8: All of Naruto friends go to kill Sasuke/Some may die to show how far Sasuke has gone.

9: Kushina and is brought back in the war and fights Sakura/Sakura may get some new jutsu and a talk with Kushina as well.

10: Sakura get slug sage mode and better treatmeant as well and will stand by Narutos side and shows she loves him.

11: Better back story for Obito to show why he is the way he is, even going as far to say would Naruto be the same if Sakura was killed.

There is more but that is what I have on the top of my head right now.

#124 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:54 PM

To be confirmed: Boruto volume 2 is selling less than the first. It's currently losing to Haikyuu (expected) and World Trigger (surprising). World Trigger is not a huge seller (nothing against it), so losing to it is a bad sign for Boruto. Wednesday and perhaps next week should be interesting.

Well like I said, I always hoped for it to crash and burn. My wish is coming true, but I know better. They will still keep it up  until the series lands them in the red, or completely loses in a popularity poll. Other than that, this news makes me :typing:  :lmao:  :kukuku: giddy. :fu:

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 December 2016 - 07:57 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#125 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:51 PM

The thing is with Boruto it is impossible to tell if it was salvageable. Simply because their is no story. It just copying the movie. So we don't know if the story they are doing after this will be good (I doubt it), or even enough to save it beyond someone high up refusing to let it die.

#126 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:19 PM

The thing is with Boruto it is impossible to tell if it was salvageable. Simply because their is no story. It just copying the movie. So we don't know if the story they are doing after this will be good (I doubt it), or even enough to save it beyond someone high up refusing to let it die.

Oh it's possible to tell. It was never salvageable. The moment they choose to go with that so called ending, was the moment it became unsalvageable. Not even the greatest mind on this planet can save that disaster.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#127 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:24 PM

Naruto after the 699/700

966ac6d9fe9ee1c1dc6b4eb5de847a50.jpg

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 December 2016 - 03:37 AM.

#128 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:32 AM

Naruto after the 699/700

966ac6d9fe9ee1c1dc6b4eb5de847a50.jpg

I support this^

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#129 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

The result is in!

Boruto Volume 2, when it comes to selling the first week with the same amount of days of its releases (3 days total), you are NOT selling the same as before.

116,905 sold in 3 days, lost to Haikyuu and World Trigger in WSJ.
183,413 sold in 3 days for volume 1.

Now that's a drop.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 07 December 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#130 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:12 PM

I HOPE that means it's getting axed :woot:

#131 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

I HOPE that means it's getting axed :woot:

Oh I wish but as long as there are still NH or Hinata fans out there they will keep buying this trash, cause its got Hinata and her brats.

#132 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

The bad thing is, if Boruto was even half decent it would have a built-in following. If Boruto was just okay, Naruto fans would automatically still be reading it. Period. No matter what the ship. There would still be a following hanging around. 

And imagine if it were really good. Great, even. Really exploring how different Boruto is from his dad and how the shinobi world has changed with the onslaught of technology. Like no-hold-barred, blowing the doors in on everything they couldn't do with Naruto in the "ye olde times" of the his antiquated shinobi world.

It would be like Legend of Korra after the Avatar series. Where there is amazing technology mixed in with the old-style bending, and the friction of those two worlds clashing is a big part of the show. (Boruto could still have super-cool characters and amazing technology mixed in with apprentice-learned techniques. Basically, it could be an allegory for modern-day Japan, where revered history brushes up against modern tech all over the place.)

From what I've seen so far of the manga, it's just a pale replica of the original. There's no effort to make a secondary plot. Old characters are walked in and out of panels only as needed. There is no deeper meaning or storyline. 

Boruto could certainly redeem itself, and even go so far as to stand on its own as a good manga. But from everything I've seen so far, it's not. So maybe in the future it will live up to the graphics of future Boruto that we've seen. But right now, I feel like we're still waiting for the thing to get started.

#133 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

The bad thing is, if Boruto was even half decent it would have a built-in following. If Boruto was just okay, Naruto fans would automatically still be reading it. Period. No matter what the ship. There would still be a following hanging around. 

And imagine if it were really good. Great, even. Really exploring how different Boruto is from his dad and how the shinobi world has changed with the onslaught of technology. Like no-hold-barred, blowing the doors in on everything they couldn't do with Naruto in the "ye olde times" of the his antiquated shinobi world.

It would be like Legend of Korra after the Avatar series. Where there is amazing technology mixed in with the old-style bending, and the friction of those two worlds clashing is a big part of the show. (Boruto could still have super-cool characters and amazing technology mixed in with apprentice-learned techniques. Basically, it could be an allegory for modern-day Japan, where revered history brushes up against modern tech all over the place.)

From what I've seen so far of the manga, it's just a pale replica of the original. There's no effort to make a secondary plot. Old characters are walked in and out of panels only as needed. There is no deeper meaning or storyline. 

Boruto could certainly redeem itself, and even go so far as to stand on its own as a good manga. But from everything I've seen so far, it's not. So maybe in the future it will live up to the graphics of future Boruto that we've seen. But right now, I feel like we're still waiting for the thing to get started.

And that's mistake #1 in doing a sequel with already completed world.

#134 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

Oh it's possible to tell. It was never salvageable. The moment they choose to go with that so called ending, was the moment it became unsalvageable. Not even the greatest mind on this planet can save that disaster.

It may not have been salvageable to us and most of the fanbase. But what I'm thinking of is the SS, nH, and the neutral fans that were going to give it a shot. Someone still watching foreverworld seeing as he constantly comes up recommended in my anime tab on youtube...How sad is it that he's probably the most recognizable anime reviewer on youtube.

Anyways the thing is that this story could have been a success, for at least those fans. The problem is that the creators of this manga have decided to spend the first year rehashing a movie that just came out last year. Which would bore anyone since that means one has to wait a year before this story even gets started and even then deal with the fact that it's a once a month manga. And the only thing they showed the readers so far that is new? Is just showing that something bad going to happen because some guy we have never met is going to turn evil and is going to kill Naruto and destroy the village. So the series is hemorrhaging fans because they don't have anything to keep readers and all they are doing is boring them. 

The result is in!

Boruto Volume 2, when it comes to selling the first week with the same amount of days of its releases (3 days total), you are NOT selling the same as before.

116,905 sold in 3 days, lost to Haikyuu and World Trigger in WSJ
183,413 sold in 3 days for volume 1.

Now that's a drop.

So they lost about another 66,500 fans in these past few months. Sadly, I still think it will take another few volumes before they seriously think of canceling Boruto. I say not until the third volume of the actual story (not the rehashing of the movie) if it hasn't gotten better by then.

And that's mistake #1 in doing a sequel with already completed world.

One can do a sequel in a completed world and story. It just they need to know the original story and where you can start off that will work. With Naruto, have Naruto reforming the system (not just being a puppet celebrity hokage) but is having difficulty with some issues. Then "Will of Fire" the next generation steps in and continues Naruto's generation work to bring peace to the world by "ending the cycle of hatred/reforming the ninja system."

The problem is Naruto and his generation are doing nothing from what we seen so far and are just living in a fragile peace since the War, and doing nothing to make it permanent or stable. With Boruto being a retread of at least the Naruto/Sasuke conflict. With the only lesson possibly being from chapter 700, "Just endure the worlds' suffering because you can't do anything to change it."

Bold parts: Pretty much.

Italic part: The only plot we have seen is a second go at telling best friend turns evil and tries to destroy everything for some reason. Subplots? "Salad becoming hokage?" and. "What ever Cups exist for?"

Underline part: Fan-service.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 December 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#135 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

It can work to do a direct sequel and pull it off with great reception, but it's pretty rare. It's like how NC said, "Apparently people wants to see a sequel of 'happily ever after.'" It's done and continuing any further just won't be the same.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 07 December 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#136 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

It can work to do a direct sequel and pull it off with great reception, but it's pretty rare. It's like how NC said, "Apparently people wants to see a sequel of 'happily ever after.'" It's done and continuing any further just won't be the same.

The thing for Naruto/Boruto is how you handle it, and lets not forget chapter 700 was setting up for the Boruto sequel. So Naruto ending was not intended to be happily ever after maybe originally before kishimoto agreed to the sequel, but now it as far as we know the ending was always intended to continue the franchise with a direct sequel. And how they set up the sequel from even before 700 and been handling it since is poor to say the least.

#137 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

The thing for Naruto/Boruto is how you handle it, and lets not forget chapter 700 was setting up for the Boruto sequel. So Naruto ending was not intended to be happily ever after maybe originally before kishimoto agreed to the sequel, but now it as far as we know the ending was always intended to continue the franchise with a direct sequel. And how they set up the sequel from even before 700 and been handling it since is poor to say the least.

It was but it didn't need to be a full time series. Like Boruto movie could be just fine, but instead, they spawn a sequel. Actually, they pulled Aladdin 2 now I think about it. The main problem is that Naruto's focus is all done. It's not the same as DB, where the series is always expandable. Naruto can be but because it had a set goal, which mean anything going further would only go against that. Hell, even Avatar have a set goal and not really tarnished, but expanded. Boruto is reciting what's done already. It has a half-assed sequel syndrome, where the effort isn't truly put in as it can recycle the process that's already done.

If you ask me, the movie is fan service and it should have just end it there. Sadly, money is the sequel reason nowadays.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 07 December 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#138 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

It was but it didn't need to be a full time series. Like Boruto movie could be just fine, but instead, they spawn a sequel. Actually, they pulled Aladdin 2 now I think about it. The main problem is that Naruto's focus is all done. It's not the same as DB, where the series is always expandable. Naruto can be but because it had a set goal, which mean anything going further would only go against that. Hell, even Avatar have a set goal and not really tarnished, but expanded. Boruto is reciting what's done already. It has a half-assed sequel syndrome, where the effort isn't truly put in as it can recycle the process that's already done.

If you ask me, the movie is fan service and it should have just end it there. Sadly, money is the sequel reason nowadays.

Your right, it could have just done it with a movie. Since in the movie they set up Bolt will follow Sasuke's path, while Salad will follow Naruto's. What I'm trying to say is they could have done a sequel to Naruto even with it current ending, and it could have been a success (some what) if anyone knew what they were doing. They don't, which is why they are just retreading Naruto for their own plot while they spend the first year copying the movie.

Also I like the king of thieves. 

#139 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

Your right, it could have just done it with a movie. Since in the movie they set up Bolt will follow Sasuke's path, while Salad will follow Naruto's. What I'm trying to say is they could have done a sequel to Naruto even with it current ending, and it could have been a success (some what) if anyone knew what they were doing. They don't, which is why they are just retreading Naruto for their own plot while they spend the first year copying the movie.

Also I like the king of thieves. 

Same here. They tend to use the movie for ads, but Naruto used the ending, which is absurd.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 07 December 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#140 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:54 AM

Indeed Tricks. But unfortunately "Burrito" is just a rehash of Naruto with none of the heart and the conflicts and backstories don't make sense. Even disregarding the pairings, do you have the slightest bit of feeling to root for these contrived brats or their parents who had their character developments nuked and rendered pointless? :down:  :confused:

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 December 2016 - 02:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users