Xbox One!

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#41 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I am doing it... ignore. tongue.gif

BUT here's one issue that I don't understand why they still didn't include: backwards compatibility!

C'Mon developers, what's going to happen whenever the previous console broke down and what to do with the discs? Come to think of it, what about LIVE Arcade games that was for 360?

I'm used to systems not having backward compatibility anymore. From what I've learned it costs the game system creators way too much money to try to shoe-horn old school tech into a new-school machine, and the costs would then have to be transferred to the customer...us. That's why backwards compatibility has been slowly phased out even in this current gen. I mean think about it. Just how would you try to merge the technology of an old Xbox 360 or PS3 with all the new-gen tech of the Xbox One (still not really feeling that name lol, would really have even gone with 'Xbox Infinity' myself =p) and the PS4? They're no longer compatible with each other, so backwards compatibility from a technical standpoint just wouldn't really work anymore ^^

#42 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

from kotaku

You'll have to install games before you play them. When you install a game, it connects to your Xbox Live account. You can connect it to a second account, but you'll have to pay a fee. In other words, the traditional concept of "used games" is obsolete for Xbox One.

Does this mean if my brother wants to play the same game on his account to earn achievements and such, he has to pay a fee? Wow.
\

#43 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 21 2013, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from kotaku

Does this mean if my brother wants to play the same game on his account to earn achievements and such, he has to pay a fee? Wow.

That seems like a rumor just like 'always-on'. Has that actually been confirmed by Microsoft? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere in the Live Event. Best to wait until E3 where we'll get even more confirmed info on the new system.

#44 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Is there an place were I can see some gameplay footage, screenshots, etc? I saw enough of the console, I want to see some actual gaming.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#45 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 21 2013, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm used to systems not having backward compatibility anymore. From what I've learned it costs the game system creators way too much money to try to shoe-horn old school tech into a new-school machine, and the costs would then have to be transferred to the customer...us. That's why backwards compatibility has been slowly phased out even in this current gen. I mean think about it. Just how would you try to merge the technology of an old Xbox 360 or PS3 with all the new-gen tech of the Xbox One (still not really feeling that name lol, would really have even gone with 'Xbox Infinity' myself =p) and the PS4? They're no longer compatible with each other, so backwards compatibility from a technical standpoint just wouldn't really work anymore ^^

And this will pissed off a lot gamers for those who does retro gaming or wants to play the old games because not only the previous system isn't available to the public, they will have to rely on emulators, ISOs and roms that some new computers cannot even handle until the next models or OS update that may release in the next couple of years.

You may be right about the costs of adding in, but I don't think that's the whole truth. It didn't cost PS2 that much money to make it expensive when it have backwards compatibility. Hell the Wii wasn't even that expensive since that plays Gamecube games. I think it more of a form of laziness and developers only see the point that every single player in the world will be playing only new games, not focusing on the "outside of the box".

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#46 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ May 21 2013, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there an place were I can see some gameplay footage, screenshots, etc? I saw enough of the console, I want to see some actual gaming.

E3.

#47 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 21 2013, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That seems like a rumor just like 'always-on'. Has that actually been confirmed by Microsoft? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere in the Live Event. Best to wait until E3 where we'll get even more confirmed info on the new system.

Wired asked Microsoft about it.
http://www.wired.com...x-one-analysis/

Wired asked Microsoft if installation would be mandatory. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” the company responded in an emailed statement. Sounds mandatory to us.

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

I really hope this is something they can change.
\

#48 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 21 2013, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from kotaku

Microsoft doesn't has my monies this year then.

Deal-breaker right there.

#49 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 21 2013, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Microsoft doesn't has my monies this year then.

Deal-breaker right there.

This^
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#50 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ May 21 2013, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They didn't really show any actual game footage so we'll have to wait till E3.

MS screwed up...BIG time, I love my xbox 360, and will choose the xbox 360 version of a multiplatform game 95% of the time, but I was bored out of my mind with the press conference, and this was only one hour long compared to Sony's 2 hour even at 11pm GMT, they talked about how the xbox 360 was so succesful with the gamers and how they planned to satisfy their gaming community, and then spent the next hour telling us all why we won't want to own the XboxOne.

Yea those voice command features were real great tech demo's but I prefer to keep my gaming and TV viewing seperate, because in my house, and probably most homes once your viewing your program someone else wants to watch the TV so gaming and TV would clash so the console is in a separate room where I can game when ever I want.

Nearly everything about the conference just got me more and more dissapointed, and it pretty much confirmed to me that allot of the rumours were true, that 2-3GB of the 8GB RAM will be taken up by the OS at all times, it won't work without Kinect, 2 of the 8 CPU cores will be dedicated to the OS and Kinect functions, and it is GDDR5 RAM but DDR3, (otherwise they would have mentioned it. They didn't mention the GPU's power as well so the 1.23Tflops is likely to be true, and if a chunk of that is also dedicated to the background functions, I wonder if the PS4 will indeed be over a third more powerful than the new xbox.

Sony just need to announce the new PS4 will retail for £299 and I will be there day one buying that things, I don't even need games just show me that price tag and i'm there. MS need to show me some groundbreaking content to get me to even consider their console this November, i'm not even sure even if those 8 unannounced exclusives will be enough if i'm honest.

If I was Sony I'd have a PSN+ Account sale right now to celebrate the successful launch of their next console.

Edited by harry4e, 21 May 2013 - 09:23 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#51 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Aye...Where the kitten were the games?(S'cuse me for swearing)

Do mind me being here...

#52 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (MakeMoneyEatRice @ May 21 2013, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aye...Where the kitten were the games?(S'cuse me for swearing)

Wait for E3 for the games.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#53 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Same here. Wait for E3. The promising part was that they have 15 exclusives in first year. That's good news. Honestly, the conference was about snippet of what's to come. I dislike when they jump to conclusion, even when they said it themselves. Yes, ps4 conference exposed more games but remember, they had more than an hour. All I can say is your decesive moment is at E3.

#54 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

PS4/Xbox One comparison chart -

http://www.ign.com/w...omparison_Chart

#55 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hmmmm....it's looks interesting, but I am not so much interested in the hardware, but rather software. As in, what kind of games will there be? I was never into the console wars and while I have played most systems, I have not found a reason to buy all of them. The games are what appeal to me the most and even if these systems, whether it be XboxOne or PS4, have all these huge tech and power I don't see a lot of that power being used. I am gonna wait a little while before I buy any of these systems.

Now this whole thing with the one game-one account is something I am pissed off about, but not towards Microsoft themselves. You see all gaming companies are starting to do this. Pretty soon even Sony is gonna do this. It's not just one company, it's the fact that used games exist and even gamers who pirate those games. So I blame them. However, I will say this doesn't help solve that problem. In fact, I may even say this will only encourage people to pirate more.

So I am not sure how to take that. Eventually almost everyone is going to be doing this.

One thing that really is a turn off is the Kinect crap. I don't want to use the Kinect.

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They keep pushing multimedia content...

Uhm excuse me, but I DON'T need another TV/MUSIC/VIDEO/Etc. on a gaming console. I only exclude the option of internet and ability to play movies on disc format (DVD, Blu-ray).

Can these consoles stick only to gaming?!

I have to agree with this. Me and you, Derock, feel the same way. I have my computer to surf the internet and such. At best all I use on my system is Netflix and play games. I don't really need it to do anything else. Now while this doesn't seem like a big deal, I sometimes have to wonder if they get so focused on these apps that they neglect the games themselves. Peter Molyneux said it too that he feels the more generations we go, the less the consoles appeal to games.

People may tell me this is to suit to more generalized populaces, but I have to tell you....My N64 didn't need it. My NES didn't need it. My Gamecube and Playstation 2 didn't need it as well as my Xbox.

This is my fear when so many focus on these apps. It's not a bad thing yet, but I always fear.

QUOTE (harry4e @ May 21 2013, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nearly everything about the conference just got me more and more dissapointed, and it pretty much confirmed to me that allot of the rumours were true, that 2-3GB of the 8GB RAM will be taken up by the OS at all times, it won't work without Kinect, 2 of the 8 CPU cores will be dedicated to the OS and Kinect functions, and it is GDDR5 RAM but DDR3, (otherwise they would have mentioned it. They didn't mention the GPU's power as well so the 1.23Tflops is likely to be true, and if a chunk of that is also dedicated to the background functions, I wonder if the PS4 will indeed be over a third more powerful than the new xbox.

Power is only good when you use it. I have never seen developers push that power to the max yet. Not even in this last generation. I am eager to see how they use this power.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 21 May 2013 - 11:34 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#56 Sir G

Sir G

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

Aww I thought that lens thing was a built in projector. I was all excited. Its just a Kinect sensor? how lame.....

Edited by Sir G, 22 May 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#57 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 22 2013, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Power is only good when you use it. I have never seen developers push that power to the max yet. Not even in this last generation. I am eager to see how they use this power.

I don't know I'm pretty sure the Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls pushes the PS3 close to the max without it breaking down. That's something else that really excites me, these guys know how to get the most from their hardware, I'm unsure if anyone really pushed the Xbox 360 like that with the possible exception with Halo 4 anf Forza 3, so given a more powerful console to Naughty Dog and I can't even imagine how good their games will look on the PS4.

I've become a bit too jaded where MS is concerned over the past couple of years. when they announced 15 exclusive game my first thought was 'how many of those are XBL Arcade and Kinect games?' I've not really had a reason to be excited about exclusive games on the Xbox for years now, so I am having trouble getting exited about the prospect of getting excited about their games.

iAnby7W.gif

#58 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ May 21 2013, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know I'm pretty sure the Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls pushes the PS3 close to the max without it breaking down. That's something else that really excites me, these guys know how to get the most from their hardware, I'm unsure if anyone really pushed the Xbox 360 like that with the possible exception with Halo 4 anf Forza 3, so given a more powerful console to Naughty Dog and I can't even imagine how good their games will look on the PS4.

You'll be surprised. Look at what the Xbox 1 did with Splinter Cell to Chaos Theory. Like I said, it is not about what the power the console can do. The PC will always trump it. The biggest question is what you can do with that power. Not just in graphics either.

I've become a bit too jaded where MS is concerned over the past couple of years. when they announced 15 exclusive game my first thought was 'how many of those are XBL Arcade and Kinect games?' I've not really had a reason to be excited about exclusive games on the Xbox for years now, so I am having trouble getting exited about the prospect of getting excited about their games.

I have become a bit too jaded with all systems at this point. Sony overhyped the PS3 so much that most of it's games failed to live up to the hype. Sure, they had good games, I am not saying they don't, but then again look at what happened when they promised these huge graphics and game play and no games lived up to it. Not the "awe" that everyone expected.

This is especially true when the 360 outbeat the PS3 on so many levels and why the PS2 was still selling years after the PS3 was released. (From what I hear from some of my develop friends, the Xbox was easier to develop for.) It feels like they focused on too much on these gimmicky hardware they forgot the games and I forsee this happening now with this generation, PS4 and XboxOne alike.

and I'll be honest, most of the games I love playing are on the Xbox360.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#59 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

I admit, it's most likely that I will be playing X1 because of the servers of online is really fluid with me. Meaning it's my style and ps4 shows promises with cloud sharing and stuff, I want to know if they will make the online more livily such as party chat or cross chat. Xbox makes it feel like you're connected to the new world, regardless if you don't need some of those features. I see it as a long run, meaning you may think you don't need it but when that time comes, it will be neat. Basically better than have it than never. Games wise could be promising, knowing they have 15 games in first year. Bottom line, I'll wait for E3 for more. That said screw games. I want Halo show!!!

#60 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ May 21 2013, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I admit, it's most likely that I will be playing X1 because of the servers of online is really fluid with me. Meaning it's my style and ps4 shows promises with cloud sharing and stuff, I want to know if they will make the online more livily such as party chat or cross chat. Xbox makes it feel like you're connected to the new world, regardless if you don't need some of those features. I see it as a long run, meaning you may think you don't need it but when that time comes, it will be neat. Basically better than have it than never. Games wise could be promising, knowing they have 15 games in first year. Bottom line, I'll wait for E3 for more. That said screw games. I want Halo show!!!

lol.

I am just not sure about the Kinect. I really hope they go back on "You absolutely need it" thing.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users