191 replies to this topic

#181 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

NICE!!!!!! It's rare to get a shiny! :D Congrats!!

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 November 2013 - 03:21 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#182 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

its funny i have two in x so far a drftloon and the mightyena

I caught a stunfisk shiny in white after I won the game and apart from the event pokemon and the shiny Gyrados from heartGold that is all I have ever seen

I was really surprised to get my second in X before I won

Edited by Verilance, 04 November 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#183 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

I beat the elite four and the champion yesterday and am doing post game stuff now if anyone wants to add me for Friend Safari 

fc is 1435-4099-1092

if you add me just comment below and i will add you back 

thanks

just got a shiny Corsola in a friend safari woot

Edited by Verilance, 15 November 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#184 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

OK, so just a bit of info to share:

As you probably know, it has been kinda confirmed that the chances of finding shiny pokemon in tghis generation have been reduced from 1/8192 to 1/4096, which in short, you have now double the chances of finding a shiny pokemon in the wild. Not only that, but there are some other methods to increase the probabilities of finding shiny pokemon. I'm pretty sure that you guys have studied some of these methods, but for those who are beginning their shiny hunt, here are a few tips and tricks to help:

1-There have been rumors of shiny pokemon being more frequent in the Friend Safari. You cannot use the Poke Radar in the friend Safari, but maybe that's why there might be a good chance that finding a shiny pokemon might be easier to find (if a formula is discovered, I'll be sure to share it). So if there's a pokemon in the friend Safari that you like, I encourage you to try for his/her shiny version. Of course, since this is the standard method for finding shiny pokemon (meaning that you will run in the grass and run away/defeat the wild pokemon if its not shiny), I will also encourage you to find other activities to keep you busy while you hunt, like watching a movie for example.

2-To the veterans since 4th generation, you've probably heard of the Poke-Radar, which helps you build what we call a chain of encounters of the same pokemon. The poke radar is very useful for training, but its also very useful for hunting shiny pokemon. It has been confirmed that, after building a chain of 40 encounters of the same pokemon, your chances of finding that pokemon shiny (while chaining, of course) is dramatically reduced to 1/200, which is why players encourage themselves to just walk 50 steps, activate the pokeradar again, and be alert for what it is called the "shiny patch". Also, rumors has it that, when the music changes to a more beat up tune in this generation, your chances of finding a shiny pokemon are actually increased (may need confirmation of this, though, since I haven't tried poke-radar hunting yet). So again, a very useful tool for finding shiny pokemon if you are interested.

3-Another method is called the "Masuda Method", which I'm sure you guys have also heard of it. Basically, when you breed two pokemon from different regions, your chances of hatching a shiny baby are reduced to 1/1365 (in this gerenation. In gereration V is 1/1638, which is not bad either).

4-And finally, the one method that I'm currently using right now, which was introduced in this generation is called "chain fishing". This may be probably the easiest method of them all because of the less "restrictions" and the fact that pretty much very easy when you make the right steps. So very basically, chain fishing means that you must fish and get a "bite" consecutively. There are a few tricks which might break your chain, which are:

-Moving from the spot

-Pulling the rod too early or too late

-And of course, not getting a nibble.

Now, the last one can be solved very easily with at least two steps:

1-Have a pokemon with suction cups as the leading pokemon. In this game, Inkay and Octillery have this ability and both are fairly easy to find.

2-Fish in what I call a "one exit" spot. To put it simple, you must cast your rod in a spot surrounded by either rocks or anything else that would prevent you from moving to another space. In the image found here (credits to its source), you can see that the rod is about to be cast in one of these spaces. As you can see, there are two rocks and the "deep ocean", which means that if you were to surf into this space, you would only have one exit. This is what I call the "one exit" spot and there are quite a few places with these spots in the game.

3-One advantage over the poke-radar is that you can run away from the battle and find multiple pokemon while chain fishing. The important thing here is to constantly get a bite.

Anyway, those are just some of the tips that I have. If you have any questions, feel free to either research each method, or even ask me about them. I will do my best to help. :)

Oh, and of course, my 3DS friend code is 2337-3713-3343. I go by the name of Lou and for those playing pokemon and are curious of what you can find in my friend safari, mine is a fighting type with Mankey, Throh and Tyrogue. I'll be adding your Friend Codes during the day. ^_^

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 21 November 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#185 narusakulove2013

narusakulove2013

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Anime,narusaku fanficion,food,girls,Naruto manga/anime and need a new gf

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

about the game does anyone have a Honchkrow

Sean 

#186 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

about the game does anyone have a Honchkrow

I don't, but if you need one, I could find you a Murkrow and a dusk stone during the day. :)

#187 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think you have to migrate one from your DS. But no I don't. Sorry. Anyways I'll be restarting my game soon. But not before relocating my party to a safe location. :smile:  

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#188 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Murkrow appear in hordes in Route 15 I think (They do appear in hordes, just not sure about the route)

And for those who might have missed it my fc is 1048-8163-5480

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#189 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Murkrow appear in hordes in Route 15 I think (They do appear in hordes, just not sure about the route)

And for those who might have missed it my fc is 1048-8163-5480

added you my fc is above apparently my friend safari is dragon

#190 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

added you my fc is above apparently my friend safari is dragon

Can't believe I missed this XD Sorry, I'll add you right away. I'm the ever common Ground type :|

#191 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

was playing a used copy of sapphire and one of my pokemon caught pokerus i didn't even know what it was and had to ask my son lol

#192 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

I can't believe Pokerus is rarer then Shiny's... I really can't (And yes I did know this, but I'm playing it out for effect) I have gotten more Pokerus then I've seen shiny's. I swear when the game knows that I want one, it does everything in it's power to prevent me from getting it. When I'm not paying attention, a freak'in Shiny Teddiusra appears (yup I did catch it, but it was back a few months ago and I haven't seen one since, but I've got plenty of Pokerus)

For those who don't know, Pokerus doubles the EV's you gain in battle. This can be stacked with Macro Brace or and of the Power items. It's a really cool mechanic for those who actually want to make a competitive team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users