191 replies to this topic

#1 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

I guess we have a few (or many?) Pokémon fans in here, so I started this topic. In case something similar already exists and I have not noticed, feel free to close it immediately.
So after White 2 and Black the new Pokémon X and Y promises us to be even more impressive.
Despite the fact that most Pokémon maniacs insisted that the new generations are not worth it, having tried White, White 2 and the new Heart Gold myself, I would say that Pokémon keep getting better and better. It's not only about the graphics, but also about the possibilities of enhanced communication with other trainers which is now available (and obviously, WAS NOT possible with the old Game Boy console). However, a few Pokémon are kind of ridiculous, such as Vanillish, which is probably the weirdest Pokémon I have ever seen. Rumors say that a new Eevee is going to evolve into...Oreon, a biscuit Pokémon and Mewtwo into...Mewthree?

Marriland on Mewthree [Content from his personal website. --Click here to view--
"]The upcoming issue of the Japanese magazine CoroCoro has been leaked, and information regarding the upcoming Pokémon Movie, Godspeed/ExtremeSpeed Genesect and the Reawakening of Mewtwo. It shows a few pages about the recently revealed Pokémon, although reveals no additional information about it. It does, however, go through and show the old movie poster alongside the new one, which was previously leaked.

One noteworthy thing that has been going around on several sites is that the translation of the text seems to confirm that the "new Pokémon" is actually just indeed an alternate form of Mewtwo instead of a whole new Pokémon altogether. I've taken a look at the Japanese text on the scans and, while I'm no expert at Japanese, I don't see anything conclusively confirming this. It could simply be a translation issue, referring to the change between the background images of the original movie poster and the new one that shows the "Mewthree". There are many references in Japanese referring to it as a "new Pokémon" — far more than the one mention in the scans that hint it has changed.

I guess the point is to take this news with a grain of salt. The "new Pokémon" may indeed be just a new form of Mewtwo instead of a new Pokémon altogether, but personally I don't believe there is enough to confirm without a doubt that it is just that and will wait until it is announced elsewhere that it is a new form, because it seems contradictory to a lot of what has already been revealed about it. I'll go ahead and leave some of the Japanese text I could transcribe from the scans in the comments so, if you happen to know a bit of Japanese, you can take a look at them yourself and give an extra opinion!

UPDATE: It turns out there was another page I had not yet seen posted at the time of writing this post early in the morning. An additional page does indeed imply that the new form is an "awakened" Mewtwo. It's more of an implication than a strong confirmation, and I would say it is still possible it is a new Pokémon, but it's looking more and more likely that it is just a new form for Mewtwo. Hopefully we will receive more in the way of official confirmation next week sometime.

And finally the truth about the new Mewtwo on the official website: http://www.pokemon.c...okemonxy/en-us/

The sixth Generation of Pokemon is waiting...Pokémon X and Y were revealed this January and we will soon have them in our hands.

Bulbapedia on X and Y --Click here to view--
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_X_and_Y

Enhancements

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are the first two Pokémon games that are completely in a 3-dimensional style of gameplay on a handheld system. Each and everything has been changed since the release of previous Pokémon games. The sprites have been changed into 3D designed models from the characters to the Pokémon. The appearance of a Pokémon has also been changed as seen in the trailer when the male protagonist was running through the grass and encountered a Pikachu.
Battle System Enhancement Edit
The battle system in video games also went under a 3-dimensional style. As seen in the trailer of the video game there were different Pokémon battles introduced. The attack of a Pokémon will be shown in a 3D style against another Pokémon. It will even show how the Pokémon will move when it's being attacked or vice versa by the opponent.
[Source: PokemonWiki. Check out the link for more: http://pokemon.wikia...okémon_X_and_Y ]

And here are the new starters as well!

And now that you have seen pretty much every information available, what do you think? Will X and Y be just another boring game with a mere adventure and no interesting storyline? Personally, it will probably fulfill (maybe not surpass, but still...) my expectations.

#2 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

So there's finally a thread on this topic, eh? Good to see.

So, what do you guys think of the "two new types being light type & sound type" theory as well as the "Chespin evolves into Grass/Dark, Fennekin evolves into Fire/Psychic, Froakie evolves into Water/Fighting" theory?

#3 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ May 3 2013, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So there's finally a thread on this topic, eh? Good to see.

So, what do you guys think of the "two new types being light type & sound type" theory as well as the "Chespin evolves into Grass/Dark, Fennekin evolves into Fire/Psychic, Froakie evolves into Water/Fighting" theory?

Water/Fighting is not really special, but I do think Fire/Physic would be epic!
Light type sounds pretty exciting as well, but I cannot imagine how that would turn useful. Meanwhile, sound NEEDS to be a type. Maybe combined with Physic or Ghost it would give us some new powerful Pokemon.

#4 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Mewtwo evolving into mewthree? Thats completly retarded. mewtwo was a result of cloning Mew`s DNA and possibly merging it with human DNA. He is not an evolution of Mew. What da fq did I just read?

Also....Never will there be a more epic legendary Pokemon than Lugia. Just saying.

Edited by StrikerTheNoble, 02 May 2013 - 11:15 PM.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#5 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (StrikerTheNoble @ May 2 2013, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mewtwo evolving into mewthree? Thats completly retarded. mewtwo was a result of cloning Mew`s DNA and possibly merging it with human DNA. He is not an evolution of Mew. What da fq did I just read?

Also....Never will there be a more epic legendary Pokemon than Lugia. Just saying.

It's actually a new forme of Mewtwo. Not an evolution.

#6 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (StrikerTheNoble @ May 2 2013, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it an evolution or just a new form? I haven't played a main game since Ruby, but I've heard some of the newer ones change shape without actually evolving. I'm too lazy to look up which ones do that though.

Anyways, I've been debating about getting this one. Not sure which one yet, I'd guess whichever one my sister doesn't get (she's the real Pokenut tongue.gif ). The graphical update looks nice, but like Rose, I'm more looking forward to see how the communication system's improved. I've been pretty impressed with the 3DS' wireless features, and I'm sure a Pokemon game will make good use of it.

If I do decide to get it though, I think I'm gonna ignore major Poke-related news for a while. I'm trying to recapture the same experience I had with the games when I was a kid, and part of that was jumping into the adventure without knowing who to add to my party beforehand. I still remember getting mocked by my sister for training Trapinch in one of the older ones, only to laugh as it became Flygon.

Good times...

Edited by Super Boom, 02 May 2013 - 11:43 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#7 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Super Boom @ May 2 2013, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it an evolution or just a new form? I haven't played a main game since Ruby, but I've heard some of the newer ones change shape without actually evolving. I'm too lazy to look up which ones do that though.

Anyways, I've been debating about getting this one. Not sure which one yet, I'd guess whichever one my sister doesn't get (she's the real Pokenut tongue.gif ). The graphical update looks nice, but like Rose, I'm more looking forward to see how the communication system's improved. I've been pretty impressed with the 3DS' wireless features, and I'm sure a Pokemon game will make good use of it.

If I do decide to get it though, I think I'm gonna ignore major Poke-related news for a while. I'm trying to recapture the same experience I had with the games when I was a kid, and part of that was jumping into the adventure without knowing who to add to my party beforehand. I still remember getting mocked by my sister for training Trapinch in one of the older ones, only to laugh as it became Flygon.

Good times...

To answer your question, here's a list of pokes that change shape without evolving: http://bulbapedia.bu...rme_differences

#8 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ May 2 2013, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To answer your question, here's a list of pokes that change shape without evolving: http://bulbapedia.bu...rme_differences

Thank you! It looks like Deoxys is the one I was thinking of in particular.

...Wow, there's a lot of them I don't recognize.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#9 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

The new Starters got nothin on this:

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#10 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Shadow1275 @ May 3 2013, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new Starters got nothin on this:

Charizard's a bit overrated nowadays. I like him for nostalgia, but that's it

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#11 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ May 3 2013, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Charizard's a bit overrated nowadays. I like him for nostalgia, but that's it

Thats a matter of opinion my friend.

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#12 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Shadow1275 @ May 3 2013, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a matter of opinion my friend.

Opinion? I believe it's fact. Especially when you ask someone who doesn't even know Pokemon at all can only tell you Charizard's name and the fact that it looks like a Dragon

#13 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ May 3 2013, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Opinion? I believe it's fact. Especially when you ask someone who doesn't even know Pokemon at all can only tell you Charizard's name and the fact that it looks like a Dragon

Exactly, even it's appearance is awesome. Call it over-rated if you want. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a definite top five best starter. There's a reason it was rated number one by IGN.

#14 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Shadow1275 @ May 3 2013, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, even it's appearance is awesome. Call it over-rated if you want. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a definite top five best starter. There's a reason it was rated number one by IGN.

And there's a reason it's never used competitively, it's typing is atrocious against Stealth Rock

#15 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

Froakie, Chespin and Fennekin? What were the people who came up with those name drinking when they came up with those names, but atleast I haven't seen any pokemon that look like Garbage or and ice cream cone yet in this game. Not sure if I should get this game or save the money and put it towards a next gen console...decisions decision.

Charizard Ruled, actually all three first gen Starters were cool.

iAnby7W.gif

#16 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ May 3 2013, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And there's a reason it's never used competitively, it's typing is atrocious against Stealth Rock

Not if you're me, i'd one shot any rock pokemon with an Iron-tail. Each pokemon has different strengths and weaknesses that's true, but Charizard is versatile enough to learn moves that can handle his type disadvantages.

Edited by Shadow1275, 03 May 2013 - 03:56 AM.

#17 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (Shadow1275 @ May 3 2013, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not if you're me, i'd one shot any rock pokemon with an Iron-tail. Each pokemon has different strengths and weaknesses that's true, but Charizard is versatile enough to learn moves that can handle his type disadvantages.

You don't play enough competitively do you... Iron Tail is never, ever, used on Charizard. It's in the NU tier because it loses 50% of it's health from Stealth Rocks

#18 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ May 3 2013, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't play enough competitively do you... Iron Tail is never, ever, used on Charizard. It's in the NU tier because it loses 50% of it's health from Stealth Rocks

No I don't I'll admit that. However, my main point still stands. I always teach Charizard Iron tail for two reasons. One, it covers his biggest weakness which is rock types. Two, You can get a nice defense boost. Sure it's 90 accuracy instead of 100 but by the time you get to the level mine's at, that doesn't matter.

@harry4e

I agree but that's just my opinion. Charizard was always my favorite but the first starters were the best. The last decent starter was piplup.

#19 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Shadow1275 @ May 3 2013, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I don't I'll admit that. However, my main point still stands. I always teach Charizard Iron tail for two reasons. One, it covers his biggest weakness which is rock types. Two, You can get a nice defense boost. Sure it's 90 accuracy instead of 100 but by the time you get to the level mine's at, that doesn't matter.

@harry4e

I agree but that's just my opinion. Charizard was always my favorite but the first starters were the best. The last decent starter was piplup.

Don't get me wrong I like Charizard, but I'm not in love with it. Being a Game Artist in training (well studying anyway), I think the designs are getting better.

As for those complaining about Trubbish and Vanillish, yeah, because Grimer, Voltorb, and Magnemite were all high class designs

#20 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

I was certain that we would end up making this conversation.
So, Charizard is definitely beloved, but not the best pokemon out there. Speaking of design, many pokemon have a weird design and Vanillish is not badly designed, but I just find it pointless to have an ICE-CREAM Pokemon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users