Final Fantasy XIII Part 3: Lightning Returns

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 20 2012, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a newcomer to the series, (as in within the last two weeks) I'm pretty excited for this. It's my first set of FF games, so many of the problems that most FF fans have with XIII and XIII-2, I don't. The end of the second one sort of demanded this "sequel"...and I'd rather they milk this then leave us with that crap ending. If they can deliver a good ending, I'll be appeased at least.

I loved FF XIII Part 1. Like you I *never* had any issues with it like so many people did, and to this day it's my fave FF right alongside FF 8 ( and no, unlike most people FF 7 was *not* one of my all-time faves XD). And as you're a newcomer, let me welcome you to the sometimes shaky but mostly always enjoyable world of Final Fantasy gaming =D

@ Gravenimage - *shrugs* Didn't remember you had an old thread out about this new game. Will merge~

Edit - They're taking down the videos of the trailer almost as soon as they go up, so try catch it as soon as you get the chance to.

New link -

#22 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 20 2012, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved FF XIII Part 1.

QFT.

I've owned it for about a year or so, simply was in my backlog. I started it up the week before finals and couldn't stop. The story and the characters had such depth. It's probably in my top 5 games of all time. I just wish FF XIII 2 did the same. But as this isn't technically a FF XIII 2 sequel, I'm willing to bet that much of the ending doesn't really apply to this game.

On another note: Lightning and Hope are the only confirmed characters *_* i can only pray for some good HopeLight action.

Edited by Greed-Sama, 20 December 2012 - 07:00 PM.

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#23 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 20 2012, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT.

I've owned it for about a year or so, simply was in my backlog. I started it up the week before finals and couldn't stop. The story and the characters had such depth. It's probably in my top 5 games of all time. I just wish FF XIII 2 did the same. But as this isn't technically a FF XIII 2 sequel, I'm willing to bet that much of the ending doesn't really apply to this game.

On another note: Lightning and Hope are the only confirmed characters *_* i can only pray for some good HopeLight action.

I'd prefer XIII-2 simply because of the monster recruiting, expanding their crystarium, infusing them with other monsters and the feral link that's it.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 20 2012, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd prefer XIII-2 simply because of the monster recruiting, expanding their crystarium, infusing them with other monsters and the feral link that's it.

I play games for stories and rich experiences, which I felt XIII-2 lacked.

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 20 2012, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly the battles and the monster recruiting were the only thing I love the game the story and the ending made me think" no thank you square" I really hope they don't mess up the ending of the third upcoming game, there has to be a happy ending or else.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 20 2012, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ This.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 20 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hope they don't mess up the ending of the third upcoming game, there has to be a happy ending or else.

^ And this :3

#27 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING. My warrior goddess!

....I don't like her black outfit, though.

But.... I heard you can customize her so she's wearing different clothes that cause status changes, so I hope I can change that.

LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING.

Also, indulge my odd HopexLightning, won't you, Squeenix?
And for the last time,

LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING.

#28 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 20 2012, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, indulge my odd HopexLightning, won't you, Squeenix?

Odd?
Odd?

hm.png

It's not odd. It's perfection.

#29 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 20 2012, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Odd?
Odd?

hm.png

Nothing personal but I have always seen Hope/Lightning like a mother/son relationship I would prefer Hope/Vanille. As for Lightning she's perfect with Snow I don't know why, Snow/Serah was good and cute but Snow/Lightning has that chemistry they're both the same and both can be very stubborn at times.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#30 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 20 2012, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing personal but I have always seen Hope/Lightning like a mother/son relationship I would prefer Hope/Vanille. As for Lightning she's perfect with Snow I don't know why, Snow/Serah was good and cute but Snow/Lightning has that chemistry they're both the same and both can be very stubborn at times.

I cannot stand that comparison. Lightning was a strong female figure to Hope immediately after his mother died, of course there is going to be a guiding type of relationship there. But that doesn't equate to mother/son for me in any shape or form. But in the second one that isn't there. Hope no longer needs that. Regardless of the fact that they didn't meet again in XIII-2, he was willing to drop everything to save the person who saved him from hatred.

Snow/Lightning is cute. I like them. But as much as Snow gave for Serah, the man deserves to be with Serah.

Hope/Vanille I saw as only platonic. But I ship Vanille/Fang too so that might be why.

#31 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 20 2012, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But as much as Snow gave for Serah, the man deserves to be with Serah.

This was one of my biggest issues with FF XIII-2. Snow gives everything he is for Serah, risks his damn life more times than can be counted, and loved this girl with his whole heart and soul...and Squeenix essentially ships her off with this random kid Noel, and Snow gets regulated to some background character. Irked me to no end >.>

#32 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 20 2012, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Odd?
Odd?

hm.png

Our otp bro.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#33 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

The worst final fantasy ever.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 22 December 2012 - 07:52 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#34 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Lifeless Leo @ Dec 22 2012, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Our otp bro.

Duuude! You changed your name? XD

Man, now I don't feel odd shipping Hope and Lightning. Thanks fellas.

#35 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Final Fantasy XIII is the worst Final Fantasy of all time, XIII-2 is an expansion on that crap and this is just further proof that Square has no idea what the hell they are doing anymore. I've said it before and I'll say it again this franchise needs to be put to rest or at least on a hiatus until someone CREATIVE comes along.

uc.png

#36 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Dec 24 2012, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Final Fantasy XIII is the worst Final Fantasy of all time, XIII-2 is an expansion on that crap and this is just further proof that Square has no idea what the hell they are doing anymore. I've said it before and I'll say it again this franchise needs to be put to rest or at least on a hiatus until someone CREATIVE comes along.

the bests were, 7,8,9,X and XII the rest is crap.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#37 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Dec 24 2012, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In terms of what? Gamplay? Lack of exploration? Because that's the only arguable point. The story is well done with rich, deep characters. (Lightning is not a female Cloud)

#38 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 24 2012, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In terms of what? Gamplay? Lack of exploration? Because that's the only arguable point. The story is well done with rich, deep characters. (Lightning is not a female Cloud)

I'm sorry but i dont think the story is rich, and i never said she was a female cloud.
I loved final fantasy most because of the story and gameplay,but now it's just graphics, if i wanted to play i game because of graphics i woudl stick with the generic FPS that got launched on this year.

Compare ffxiii with FF12.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 24 December 2012 - 08:50 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#39 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 24 2012, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry but i dont think the story is rich.

I'm not comparing.

But explain why you say it's not rich.

#40 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 24 2012, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not comparing.

But explain why you say it's not rich.

"The problem with the overall plot is not that it's horrible; it's that it is poorly delivered. The game offers bits and pieces of dialogue during breaks between combat sections, but most don't last very long or go into too much detail. Only the six main party members really receive any development, but that's only after the player spends over forty hours with them. Even then, there are still sections of the plot that feel forced and unfinished. The antagonists are very poorly established and get so little screen time players will have a hard time getting to know them. Many ancillary characters are met for only a few brief moments, but the party often has a strong reaction when something happens to them, which will leave players puzzled as to why a character met five minutes ago created such an emotional response. Lots of events in the story feel like a stretch, as if there were scenes that would have helped build a more believable foundation behind what actually happens, but were cut without working in a new transition. For every moment the plot of Final Fantasy XIII starts to shine, it is cut short and not explained well enough to care about."

After the convention every big company agree that the games would have DLC or parts like a FFXIII - part 2 or part 3.
That sums up the problem, they should made a good story like they did with ffxii the problem that they could not launch a ffxiii with the same set-up is because they used "Ivalice" too much.

the only good thing that ffxiii has is the combat.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 24 December 2012 - 09:36 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users