#1 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

No one's started this yet?
We got the game this morning, delivered from pre-order. This is really my hubbys game, but since he's at work all day and I'm off I decided to give it a try. This is my first time playing an Elder Scrolls, and I like it. So far I'm still in the first area, though, but I'm encouraged to keep playing (when he'll let me!)

Your Thoughts?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#2 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

I am more of a fan of first person shooters than first person rpg...i got easily bored of Oblivion...yet i am still playing Halo Reach...

Edited by Strangelove, 12 November 2011 - 03:38 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#3 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

One word:

Skyrim

That is all.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#4 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Got the game today, horay.

But I feel trolled, the Hide armor in the game is not like in the adversment, it doesn't have the black shirt under it, and here I was wanting to make an nord character like in the live action trailer! shamefulcry0js.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

I don't play the game because: 1)Only had enough spare money or Battlefield and 2) just gonna wait for Guild Wars 2 to come out (better imo)
But I would like to say that everyone is picking Nord and Rebels in every gameplay video I've been watching.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#6 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't play the game because: 1)Only had enough spare money or Battlefield and 2) just gonna wait for Guild Wars 2 to come out (better imo)
But I would like to say that everyone is picking Nord and Rebels in every gameplay video I've been watching.

Lol, I did exactly that, but strangely, most videos that I had seen the players join the empire (traitors!).
But the reason for everyone to choose Nords is because the game is set on Skyrim, homeland of the nord race, and they join the rebels, well, because it's only logical, you wouldn't want to join a group that nearly chopped your head off five minutes ago, would you?

#7 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 12 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, I did exactly that, but strangely, most videos that I had seen the players join the empire (traitors!).
But the reason for everyone to choose Nords is because the game is set on Skyrim, homeland of the nord race, and they join the rebels, well, because it's only logical, you wouldn't want to join a group that nearly chopped your head off five minutes ago, would you?

When I play games where I can be a traitor (evil) or a rebel (good), I always pick the evil one. What can I say? I believe dark power is much better than good power when it comes to mmo games. I would also like to add, what the heck is up with the cat and lizard people? Not right for a video game like skyrim, where you are in the age of killing dragons of ancient history, good way for ratings to go down.

Edited by Sakura Lover, 12 November 2011 - 09:35 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#8 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I play games where I can be a traitor (evil) or a rebel (good), I always pick the evil one. What can I say? I believe dark power is much better than good power when it comes to mmo games. I would also like to add, what the heck is up with the cat and lizard people? Not right for a video game like skyrim, where you are in the age of killing dragons of ancient history, good way for ratings to go down.

Are you serious? Argonians and Khajhits (sp) have been in all the Elder Scrolls games, including the ones that were out before you were even born, so of course their going be in here. This statement reeks of ignorance.

Edited by TheOmegaMan, 12 November 2011 - 11:41 PM.

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#9 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Nov 12 2011, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you serious? Argonians and Khajhits (sp) have been in all the Elder Scrolls games, including the ones that were out before you were even born, so of course their going be in here. This statement reeks of ignorance.

My statement is of opinion sir, and you call it ignorance? I think your a little more than just greed.

Topic: As for the game, even though I didn't get it, with all the amazing gameplay and cutscenes I've seen from it so far, I'm giving it a 10/10 for it being a game made in 2011, because you can't ask for more from a game (in 2011) when they give you the storylines, graphics, and 1 million quest that Skyrim is handing us.

Side-note: If anyone is looking for some great gameplay look up these names on youtube- BlueXephos (Yogscast), OMFGcata (Jesse Cox), and RydarGames. Those 3 are the main 3 channels/people I know with a good channel that are getting a nice number of viewers/likes/subscribers from making these gameplays. So if you want gameplay of this game that pulls you into the storyline, then check these channels out.

Edited by Sakura Lover, 12 November 2011 - 11:55 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#10 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My statement is of opinion sir, and you call it ignorance? I think your a little more than just greed.

Topic: As for the game, even though I didn't get it, with all the amazing gameplay and cutscenes I've seen from it so far, I'm giving it a 10/10 for it being a game made in 2011, because you can't ask for more from a game (in 2011) when they give you the storylines, graphics, and 1 million quest that Skyrim is handing us.

Side-note: If anyone is looking for some great gameplay look up these names on youtube- BlueXephos (Yogscast), OMFGcata (Jesse Cox), and RydarGames. Those 3 are the main 3 channels/people I know with a good channel that are getting a nice number of viewers/likes/subscribers from making these gameplays. So if you want gameplay of this game that pulls you into the storyline, then check these channels out.

Yes it is of ignorance. If you had played Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, or Oblivion you would know a bit of the lore. If this game didn't have the characters it had after 4 previous games than there would be continuity issues. That is not an opinion. Continuity issues = lower ratings. not weird characters = lower ratings. And your giving it a rating based on something you've seen, but you haven't played. That is ignorance. Like it or not.

#11 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His point was that the Argonians and Khajhits will not "make ratings go down" in a game of ancient history and killing dragons. Why? Because it's all fantasy, set in a fantasy world, just like dragons are a fantasy creature. Your "opinion" might as well say that the dragons will make the rating of the game go down.

#12 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 13 2011, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His point was that the Argonians and Khajhits will not "make ratings go down" in a game of ancient history and killing dragons. Why? Because it's all fantasy, set in a fantasy world, just like dragons are a fantasy creature. Your "opinion" might as well say that the dragons will make the rating of the game go down.

My opinion is that the drags are the reason half the people are buying it, because it gives it that storylike feel to it. In a mmo there is almost always dragons. Maybe I shouldn't of said "ratings will go down" instead I should of said "who is going to play as a cat?". My point is that he said ignorance, didn't even say "oh thats not right let me explain why it isn't", no, he just says ignorance, as if he was so one special who thought it was okay to judge people without knowing anything about them. So now I can call him something? Is that how you want this future world to work?

2XtVwF6.png

#13 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My opinion is that the drags are the reason half the people are buying it, because it gives it that storylike feel to it. In a mmo there is almost always dragons. Maybe I shouldn't of said "ratings will go down" instead I should of said "who is going to play as a cat?". My point is that he said ignorance, didn't even say "oh thats not right let me explain why it isn't", no, he just says ignorance, as if he was so one special who thought it was okay to judge people without knowing anything about them. So now I can call him something? Is that how you want this future world to work?

Who would play as the cat people? Ignorance. You spoke of something that you know nothing about. That is the definition of ignorance.

Edited by TheOmegaMan, 13 November 2011 - 12:56 AM.

#14 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Nov 13 2011, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who would play as the cat people? Ignorance. You spoke of something that you know nothing about. That is the definition of ignorance.

Oh my bad sir, but I'm from America where we fight for freedom of speech.. and uh, I can make opinions all I want, and I may later find out I was wrong (happens to us all), and you can go on and on about how you think I am something, but all your causing is more pain and hate in this world, good job, I hope you love what your leaving behind in this world.

edit: off topic...

edit #2: just start a new topic in here

Edited by Sakura Lover, 13 November 2011 - 01:06 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#15 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 12 2011, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my bad sir, but I'm from America where we fight for freedom of speech.. and uh, I can make opinions all I want, and I may later find out I was wrong (happens to us all), and you can go on and on about how you think I am something, but all your causing is more pain and hate in this world, good job, I hope you love what your leaving behind in this world.

edit: off topic...

edit #2: just start a new topic in here

I'm causing more pain and hate by telling you that your "opinion" is wrong? Stop being a dramatic kid and blowing this out of proportion.

Also you contradicted yourself. If you make an opinion and then find out that you are wrong than it was not an opinion in the first place. Facts are right or wrong. Opinions cannot be either way.

#16 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Nov 13 2011, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm causing more pain and hate by telling you that your "opinion" is wrong? Stop being a dramatic kid and blowing this out of proportion.

Also you contradicted yourself. If you make an opinion and then find out that you are wrong than it was not an opinion in the first place. Facts are right or wrong. Opinions cannot be either way.

Opinions are theories that are thought, that doesn't mean its right in the end, i'm not even saying that, and yes you are causing more pain in this world. Not much more to say here, but I feel like this is off topic so if you want, you can always message me, you seem to really like me, so I'm sure you will come around to doing it soon. happy.gif

Edited by Sakura Lover, 13 November 2011 - 01:20 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#17 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

So, I had been playing the game for quite some time, and here are my toughts:

This game gotta be the hardest Bethesda had ever made, I'm playing on normal and is incredibly challaging, if not hard, I don't even want to think of what awaits on Master difficulty. two handed weapons seem to be totally bugged, sometimes I keep pressing the mouse like an maniac and the character keep stand like an idiot without attacking, there is some strange lag when I enter an cavern, this an mystery for me. Companions are not excential like in New Vegas (damn it!) and don't play smart while exploring, only go to places related to quests, otherwise you can find many umpleseant surprises as you go. The engine is marvelous, I couldn't expect less, every location is beautiful, but nothing beats the towns while iluminated at night,

#18 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 13 2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I had been playing the game for quite some time, and here are my toughts:

This game gotta be the hardest Bethesda had ever made, I'm playing on normal and is incredibly challaging, if not hard, I don't even want to think of what awaits on Master difficulty. two handed weapons seem to be totally bugged, sometimes I keep pressing the mouse like an maniac and the character keep stand like an idiot without attacking, there is some strange lag when I enter an cavern, this an mystery for me. Companions are not excential like in New Vegas (damn it!) and don't play smart while exploring, only go to places related to quests, otherwise you can find many umpleseant surprises as you go. The engine is marvelous, I couldn't expect less, every location is beautiful, but nothing beats the towns while iluminated at night,

Of course you do. They didn't add over 100,000 enimies (making up number) to all fit in one place. Any mmo where you go past the path of the quest without a team will result in bad things unless you have done alotttttt of side-questing.

Edited by Sakura Lover, 13 November 2011 - 07:37 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Nov 13 2011, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course you do. They didn't add over 100,000 enimies (making up number) to all fit in one place. Any mmo where you go past the path of the quest without a team will result in bad things unless you have done alotttttt of side-questing.

Except this isn't an MMO, this game encourages exploring, but also loves kicking your behind if you wander off somewhere where you shouldnt.

Hey, at least it wasn't like Oblivion where the enemies level up with you. That was a pain.

#20 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 13 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, at least it wasn't like Oblivion where the enemies level up with you. That was a pain.

Quoted for the truth!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users