148 replies to this topic

#21 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:51 AM

But uh, aren't the next generation consoles for those coming next year?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 10 2011, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But uh, aren't the next generation consoles for those coming next year?

Only the Wii U is said to be coming out next year, and that will probably be late in the year. While there will eventually be a new Xbox and PS, they're just at the rumour stage and are unlikely to launch in 2012.

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Oh okay. happy.gif so It's not too late to get a PS3 then

#24 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

*uppercut bump*

Some updates for DOA5!

Firstly, the game will launch worldwide this September.

Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter has been announced as one of the fighters.

And here's a video about how DOA5 is coming along:

If you're really eager to try out the game, you'll have to buy Ninja Gaiden 3 this month. The collector's edition features a 4 character demo (Hayabusa, Hayate, Hitomi and Ayane), while the first print run of the regular editions will have only 2 characters; Hayabusa and Hitomi on the 360, and Ayane and Hayate on the PS3.

#25 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

And there are rumors that we may get more Virtua Fighter characters in the game...

I CAN'T WAIT!!! Tecmo is pulling all of the stops on the new DOA! They're getting serious: "We're making a comeback, 10x folds!"

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

OMG!!! Y ou know this game is epic when TWO kages have replied within 4 hours of each other XD

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (LegendaryArcanine42 @ Mar 7 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG!!! Y ou know this game is epic when TWO kages have replied within 4 hours of each other XD

I have to post on here. biggrin.gif I'm a big fan of the series, not to mention Kasumi is love.gif love.gif love.gif And she just became 10x even more hot!!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#28 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 7 2012, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And there are rumors that we may get more Virtua Fighter characters in the game...

I CAN'T WAIT!!! Tecmo is pulling all of the stops on the new DOA! They're getting serious: "We're making a comeback, 10x folds!"

I was surprised when they announced the VF5 cameo, but it makes perfect sense. biggrin.gif Both games are solid close-quarters 3D fighters with countering.

DOA5 is certainly coming along nicely, judging by the video above and the Akira trailer. The cinematic slow-motion moves look good, and the clothes suffering from wear and tear is a nice touch as well. smile.gif

I'd love to try the demo, but I can't justify picking up Ninja Gaiden 3 as I don't really play that series. I'll just have to wait for the hopeful Xbox Live demo!

#29 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'm a big fan of the series too can't wait for the game it's about damn time DOA5 comes! rawr.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#30 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

HELL YEAH !!!!! cool.gif

#31 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

I've watched a few gameplay trailers, is it me or does there seem to be bruising, burns and dirt in this game? In the trailer where Kasumi faces Akira from VF after getting knocked around for a while Kasumi's kimono appears to be getting dirty. In a separate gameplay trailer where Ayane faces Hayate there's a closeup of her panting and she appears to have bruises on her arms and face.

uc.png

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Mar 22 2012, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've watched a few gameplay trailers, is it me or does there seem to be bruising, burns and dirt in this game? In the trailer where Kasumi faces Akira from VF after getting knocked around for a while Kasumi's kimono appears to be getting dirty. In a separate gameplay trailer where Ayane faces Hayate there's a closeup of her panting and she appears to have bruises on her arms and face.

Yep. That is the graphical change. During the fights, characters will sweat, get bruised up, get wetter near water, etc.

EDIT: Someone posted the full roster from looking up the data of the demo and we're getting 2 more VF fighters and 2 new characters added in the list.

Characters Roster for 5 --Click here to view--
All of the cast from 4, except Tengu, Ein and Nicole (Spartan)

Joining Akira from Virtua Fighter are Pai Chan and Sarah Bryant (please let it be true... but I really want Kage on the list)

Two new characters are Mila and Rig.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#33 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 22 2012, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. That is the graphical change. During the fights, characters will sweat, get bruised up, get wetter near water, etc.

That means the ladies are going to get wet. Wet t shirt contest anyone? pictureem0.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#34 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 22 2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That means the ladies are going to get wet. Wet t shirt contest anyone? pictureem0.gif

Yeah, just look at Hitomi's vest at the header image from this Kotaku article. tongue.gif

Attached File  doaheader.jpg   52.48KB   15 downloads

Seriously though, I like how they're trying to ramp up the detail with bruising and dirt. I can't wait to see more of the characters from that roster. biggrin.gif I'm really liking the design updates to everyone so far, but for one thing; there's something off about Hitomi's face. I think her eyes may be a little too small, which throws off the rest of her facial proportions.

I've attempted to do a little edit, to try and improve the proportions:

Attached File  doaheader_hitomiedit.jpg   37.68KB   25 downloads

What do you think?

#35 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 23 2012, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you think?

YES!!! Now that's the Hitomi we all know well! Great job, Smiter! biggrin.gif Honestly unlike Kasumi and the others, Hitomi's face looks very off to the point that she looks very weird with no German/Japanese features. Hell, many people pointed out that her lips are too big.

The edit looks much better more like her debut to the series.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#36 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 23 2012, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YES!!! Now that's the Hitomi we all know well! Great job, Smiter! biggrin.gif Honestly unlike Kasumi and the others, Hitomi's face looks very off to the point that she looks very weird with no German/Japanese features. Hell, many people pointed out that her lips are too big.

The edit looks much better more like her debut to the series.

Thanks. biggrin.gif

Because I'm a perfectionist, I decided to play a little more with Hitomi's lips, seeing as they felt a little too "doll-like":

I promise that's it. XD

#37 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 23 2012, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks. biggrin.gif

Because I'm a perfectionist, I decided to play a little more with Hitomi's lips, seeing as they felt a little too "doll-like":

I promise that's it. XD

Even better! a_thumbs.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

I got a PS3!!!! SO GONNA get this game now!!! cool.gif

#39 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 23 2012, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, just look at Hitomi's vest at the header image from this Kotaku article. tongue.gif

Attached File  doaheader.jpg   52.48KB   15 downloads

Seriously though, I like how they're trying to ramp up the detail with bruising and dirt. I can't wait to see more of the characters from that roster. biggrin.gif I'm really liking the design updates to everyone so far, but for one thing; there's something off about Hitomi's face. I think her eyes may be a little too small, which throws off the rest of her facial proportions.

What do you think?

I know I just downloaded the demo yeah I saw Hitomi's bra and I yell" hell yeah! rawr.gif" now that's the best way to give fan service gotta love team ninja even if they screwed up on Ninja Gaiden 3 but hey the demo is good so the game will be good too.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Meanwhile in DOA news:

* Christie and Bayman are confirmed. Trailer was released last month.

And today, Lei-Fang and Zack returned!

With Zack being sillier as ever, and Lei-Fang does a win tribute to a certain Street Fighter character!

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users