57 replies to this topic

#41 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Well I did have my friends hating on chichi and videl. They're different now, so I guess it's age progression. Who knows.

#42 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

It depends what you mean really.

If Hinata's fillers were simply switched with Sakura..no thanks. If Sakura got as many fillers as Hinata, I might actually watch them as long as they're well written + in character.

The latter sentence is what I mainly mean.

#43 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

Yeah, the internet helps spread hate like wildfire, but I digress, is it really because she is a tsundere? If it is, why aren't all tsundere hated though? I have heard so many reasons why Sakura is hated, but if we really want to think about it, there have been worse cases of tsunadere that are loved or even their precious Hinata also committed the same crimes.

"Sakura is hated cause she is tsundere"
Okay, then why aren't other tsundere hated?

"Sakura was obsessive over Sasuke"
And Hinata is obsessive to the point of stalker over Naruto, why isn't she hated for this?

"Sakura hits Naruto and is abusive"
Narusegawa hits Keitaro more times in one volume than Sakura has hit in the entire manga. Chidori hits Sousuke alot. Ayami is violenent towards Kazuma. Why aren't these two hated like Sakura is?

Really, as an avid anime/manga fan I am, I can think of so many examples. (I bet you can think of even more) Yet, Sakura is still the most hated. Really, it's not the tsundere or the violence or anything for that reason why they hate Sakura. These are just attributes they don't like about her. The real reason why they hate her...is because she interferes with NaruHina and they know this. Even if they deny it and say NS is never going to happen, they are afraid that their favorite pairing has a good chance of not happening. So they hate her for it all because they liked Big-boobed subservient Hinata and want her to be with the main character.

As for some say it is because Naruto is more mainstream....what about Dragonball?
Do you think Chi-Chi or Videl are hated too for their tsundere character types? I have never seen that hate group anywhere and in fact I hjave seen many love these two characters. Granted there are no "shy" characters in this manga/anime, but if the idea is they just hate tsundere...then what's stopping them from hating this?

This would be especially true for people who watched Dragonball when they were younger so they grew up with tsundere characters.

lol Sword Art Online is getting pretty mainstream recently and no such pairing war occurs at this point and Kirito has several girls in love with him ranging from Tsundere to Shy girls.

Uh, I thought I explained my point clearly but I could repeat my self one more time. They are UPSET that Sakura treated Naruto as a pest and said that she hates him, etc. etc. and the fact that that she praised Sasuke to the heavens and went all gaga over him. the key factor here though is not that Sakura was mean but the fact that Naruto was the woobie. the meaning is here

http://tvtropes.org/.../Main/TheWoobie

The point is that the West mainly feel sorry for Naruto and the way Sakura acted only made her seem even less deserving of him than the typical tsundere. It is all about the first impressions that they got from Naruto and Sakura respectively, and haven't let it go because I'm sure they're itching to see Naruto "get back" at Sakura for being like that to him in the first place. Well I think that it makes sense on why they hate her so much. :mellow:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 November 2013 - 02:14 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#44 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

It depends what you mean really.

If Hinata's fillers were simply switched with Sakura..no thanks. If Sakura got as many fillers as Hinata, I might actually watch them as long as they're well written + in character.

Not she didnt, in fact i dont even care on this subject even on movies and fillers they give stupid roles to Sakura and make Hinata being glorified, Naruto's second movie, they made Sakura say lame jokes and say obvious stuff like "are you blushing Naruto?" and then nothing.

I think Sakura is always downgraded on fillers along with Naruto too when they make Naruto stupidier and thinking about Sasuke every single minute.

@PHantom_999

I give credit to you, on part 1 Sakura never justified Naruto's love for her.

It's barely equal to Sakura's love towards Sasuke, obviously not abusive but unjustified.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 10 November 2013 - 06:09 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#45 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Not she didnt, in fact i dont even care on this subject even on movies and fillers they give stupid roles to Sakura and make Hinata being glorified, Naruto's second movie, they made Sakura say lame jokes and say obvious stuff like "are you blushing Naruto?" and then nothing.

I think Sakura is always downgraded on fillers along with Naruto too when they make Naruto stupidier and thinking about Sasuke every single minute.

@PHantom_999

It's barely equal to Sakura's love towards Sasuke, obviously not abusive but unjustified.

I absolutely agree that's why i don't really watch the anime anymore unless it has good animation or if i hear good reviews from this website.

#46 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

@PHantom_999

Ah, thank You. :smile: And that's not even delving into the the Situation of Sasuke it self. Why Sakura gets the worst of it is because she, like most of the other K 11 Girls (minus Ten Ten) are still portrayed as clinging onto the crushes that they had in Part I, with no sign of outgrowing them. Like the 540 scenario. Sakura still thinks of Sasuke when the word love/like was mentioned. Sure it was not positive, and sure it shows regret of loving Sasuke but the point is her feelings have not been resolved and it looks even more like she was lying to Naruto about her confession. Now, would Kishi portraying her having gotten over Sasuke in an instant and just think about Naruto now be unrealistic and false love in a sense? Definitely to matured individuals. But would it have given the Western fans a better impression of her and not hate her so much?  I'd say so, as shallow as that sounds. :headscratch:

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 November 2013 - 02:24 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#47 Question22

Question22

TNJ master

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Love to read manga , like to read fanfictions too

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

i remember when i started shipping NH back the filler where naruto , kiba , shino , hinata go on to find some kind of bug to find sasuke

and when hinata was dancing traning in the waterfall naked and naruro saw her

:c i didnt know what fillers were back then xD

Our ship has maybe sank but our memories of debate , struggling , defending ... will stay in our hearths

-Question22

#48 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

i remember when i started shipping NH back the filler where naruto , kiba , shino , hinata go on to find some kind of bug to find sasuke

You naughty devil :D.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#49 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

I know and she introduced her feelings in the first episode. That made me consider the possibility of the pairing, because I thought Sakura was a meanie.

I wonder how my bestfriend never liked NH, yet is an anime-only watcher. He's not the type to like indecisive or unconfident people, and he tells me she's weak-willed. Then I tell him she has improved, but still needs her "Naruto-dose" every 5 mins.

ナルサク

#50 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

I know and she introduced her feelings in the first episode. That made me consider the possibility of the pairing, because I thought Sakura was a meanie.

I wonder how my bestfriend never liked NH, yet is an anime-only watcher. He's not the type to like indecisive or unconfident people, and he tells me she's weak-willed. Then I tell him she has improved, but still needs her "Naruto-dose" every 5 mins.

What does your friend think of Sakura?

#51 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

What does your friend think of Sakura?

He loves her! :D My other friend does not though. XD Mainly because of the confession. I think that is a legimate reason, but I told him to not judge her whole character of that when Naruto even forgave her right away. He also prefers Hinata for Naruto, but only if he had to choose and he said he could see Naruto and Sakura has something more between them..right after 615 actually. :P

Edited by sushi., 19 November 2013 - 11:57 PM.

ナルサク

#52 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

He loves her! :D My other friend does not though. XD Mainly because of the confession. I think that is a legimate reason, but I told him to not judge her whole character of that when Naruto even forgave her right away. He also prefers Hinata for Naruto, but only if he had to choose and he said he could see Naruto and Sakura has something more between them..right after 615 actually. :P

I see. How many friends of yours do like Sakura? Funny how that chapter actually made some NH fans drop the pair. 

#53 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

I see. How many friends of yours do like Sakura? Funny how that chapter actually made some NH fans drop the pair. 

Not sure. She's not really a regular topic, we just brought her up because we saw a facebook poster of her. I only have 3 friends who like Naruto, so there isn't much to say. At least me and my other friend.

edit, damn typo. ;p

Edited by sushi., 20 November 2013 - 12:19 AM.

ナルサク

#54 TyranntX

TyranntX

Undisputed King of the Dinosaurs

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku (duh), Dinosaurs, anime, Starcraft, and skyrim.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

I never liked Hinata, EVER. In all honesty I thin it would have been best just to drop her as a character altogether. so Yes I think Sakura should have had all the Hinata fillers (not like Hinata did anything important in any of them).

tyrantrum.gif

NaruSaku

Check out my Youtube Channel!

https://www.youtube....TyranntX/videos

#55 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Wouldn't care tbh. Fillers are irrelevant to me.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#56 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

It all depends oh what they did with Sakura really, for all we know they could have her hit Naruto more to make NH look good, which we know would be bad hence why I read the Manga first then watch the Anime need I remind you all on the little filler they gave Hinata in the fight with Pain?

#57 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

In Evangelion the ending was... weird, so love interests don't really matter.

Really I do not want getting into an argument about Evangelion -of all things!-, or into a pairing debate, but word official stated that:

- Asuka WAS in love with Shinji, but she could not just admit it openly because: she was too prideful to admit she had fallen in love with him; and she was frightened of people and of relationships, so she pushed everyone away. So she occassionally flirted with him to get him noticing her and giving the first step. But since Shinji could not believe she was interested in him -partially because SHE pushed him away but also because he was frightened of people, right like her-, so he avoided her. In turn, Asuka thought his inaction meant HE was not interested, so she got angrier and pushed him away more harshly.

- Shinji and Asuka returned together from the Sea of LCL because she was the person he needed the most.

It is right EOE was so dumb like the remainder of the series weird, but I think that the subject of who was the official -or almost official- couple of that series was clear (and it is made even clearer when you realize Shinji rejected Instrumentality in spite of he could have remained with Rei forever. Hence, he chose being with Asuka in the real world rather with Rei in a world he could bend to his will). It is true Gainax added Rei fanservice and pandered S/R fans in alternate versions and the reboot (albeit the reboot also had A/S fanservice) because Rei had become incredibly popular, but that is another history.

With that out of the way...

I am not sure about the topic question. On one hand, Hinata is popular in the West because Pierrot cranking up the Hinata's fanservice, and there are a lot of fans have only watched anime. On the other hand, I have the feeling the tsundere trope is not so popular like it used in the eighties and nineties.

Hmm... Let's tell Hinata fanservice filler did not exist, she was not shoehorned as soon as the first episode, and she got no extra scenes.

I think Hinata would be less popular, indeed. However plenty Sakura haters are Naruto fans hate Sakura because she had the gall of having her own mind, not praising everything he did, and having a crush on his rival. That people only want Naruto ends up with Hinata because she idolizes him, she is submissive and buxom, and if she had not a crush on Naruto, they would probably not care for her and would support Naruto with any another girl.

Hence, there would be less NH fans and more NaruIno, NaruAyame, NaruTen... fans. NS-haters would not have an "obvious" candidate to rally round her and form an united front against NaruSaku.

So Sakura would still have many haters that would bash her because she does not praise Naruto like a god, she is hot-tempered, weak, pink-haired, female... or whatever excuse they come up with. However, since many Sakura-haters are NH fans hate her because she is an "obstacle", and there would be less NH fans, she would receive less hatred.

And what if she got those filler extra scenes instead of Hinata?

I honestly doubt that it affected her popularity for good of for ill. Moreover, many of them were stupid, ridiculous, humilliating -to Hinata- or would not work unless the whole scene was changed (Can you seriously imagine Sakura fainting because Naruto has appeared suddenly?). So I think she is better off for not showing up in them.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#58 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

I doubt it would change much of their opinion on Sakura. Lots of Sakura fillers make her out to be a total kitten though... I hate it when the anime overexaggerates these things -_-

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura, Hinata, Naruto Anime, Naruto Shippuden, Fillers, Studio Pierrot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users