Update: Naruto won't end until 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Somehow, Kishimoto just announced that Naruto will take more than 1.5 years to finish.

Source: http://www.mangahere...-than-15-years/

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Go figure... I just read that somewhere, but the guy didn't include a link. Leave it to Kishi to milk a manga for what it's worth even though this war feels like the end tongue.gif

Edited by MangaReader, 01 August 2012 - 05:00 PM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#3 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

That doesn't sound all that surprising. 1 1/2 years is about 60-70 chapters (given holidays and possible sick days, etc.) They've gotta deal with Madara then "Madara" (tobi) Sasuke's gotta find out what their relationships with one another are (the Madara's <-- do I smell a sitcom?) and Naruto and Sasuke gotta duke it out, one way or another/ redemption or death. Oh, and we still have to deal with Orochimaru and [Kabuto?] I forget if they took him along alive or not. Oh and you know... NaruSaku has to happen still (please Kishimoto-sensei). And Naruto's gotta become Hokage. Plenty, plenty to fill those chapters with.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#4 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Sounds about right by how many chaps are released a year.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#5 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

So...is another timeskip coming up? tongue.gif
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#6 Lucky Star

Lucky Star

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Reading,writing, sleeping, piano,t.v, video games,taekwondo, fangirling

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

I guess I thought it would end a bit sooner but the length doesn't matter as long as there's a good ending.

tumblr_n6o7sf8a9T1qf4xsdo1_r2_500.gif

Moving of the earth brings harms and fears; Men reckon what it did, and meant;
But trepidation of the spheres,Though greater far, is innocent. (John Donne)

#7 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Not too unexpected. Until 2014 gives him just enough to finish up all the storylines he has started within the war.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#8 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Mehhhhhh I don't think it's bad thing sides on the bright side that just means more NaruSaku moments narusakuct7.gif.

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#9 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Aug 1 2012, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That doesn't sound all that surprising. 1 1/2 years is about 60-70 chapters (given holidays and possible sick days, etc.) They've gotta deal with Madara then "Madara" (tobi) Sasuke's gotta find out what their relationships with one another are (the Madara's <-- do I smell a sitcom?) and Naruto and Sasuke gotta duke it out, one way or another/ redemption or death. Oh, and we still have to deal with Orochimaru and [Kabuto?] I forget if they took him along alive or not. Oh and you know... NaruSaku has to happen still (please Kishimoto-sensei). And Naruto's gotta become Hokage. Plenty, plenty to fill those chapters with.

exactly. People forget actually how few chapters come out a year. And each chapter is only about 17 pages so not that much stuff can happen per chapter. Let's also remember that this series has been going for 13 years now. another 1 1/2 doesn't seem extreme. Frankly, I'm glad the ending won't be rushed.

#10 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Not really enough time for another time skip. Unless he makes it the last couple chapters where he ends it by showing where they are 5 years from now...

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#11 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Sounds about right. smile.gif As people have already said, we still have the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight to deal with after the Shinobi War is over. I'd actually had the manga pegged for a 2013 finish until Oro and Sasuke walked out of the war.

Shinobi War -> Aftermath and rebuilding? -> Naruto vs. Sasuke -> End with Naruto as Hokage and married to Sakura.

Hopefully, we'll have at least a few more NaruSaku moments until the manga finishes! narusaku.gif

#12 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

well i saw it from a long time that it's goin to take that much time rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by T XD, 01 August 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#13 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ Aug 1 2012, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
exactly. People forget actually how few chapters come out a year. And each chapter is only about 17 pages so not that much stuff can happen per chapter. Let's also remember that this series has been going for 13 years now. another 1 1/2 doesn't seem extreme. Frankly, I'm glad the ending won't be rushed.

Yeah, hopefully it won't be a bunch of flashbacks and then the epilogue is only the last few pages of the last chapter.

QUOTE (Smiter @ Aug 1 2012, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully, we'll have at least a few more NaruSaku moments until the manga finishes! narusaku.gif

AMEN! XD.jpg grouphug.gif narusaku.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#14 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

yay!! more chances for sakura to get a proper fight!!!! *_____* sakura.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Well 2014 is not that far away. Actually 2014 IS 1.5 years so maybe he's not finishing until after 2014 maybe.

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 August 2012 - 08:59 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Probably summer 2014, that would be nice : )

#17 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Not really all that surprising. 1.5 year doesn't really seem like much considering all the plot threads that still needs to be resolved. This also makes me think that the war arc won't be the final arc. If it does, I think it will then have been the longest Naruto arc ever.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#18 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

I called it:

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Jun 7 2012, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's going to be one more arc after this. Which I'm sure will be them dealing with Sasuke once and for all. They can obviously show off their teamwork vs him.

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Jun 11 2012, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure there's one more arc after this dealing with Sasuke once and for all.

I remember explaining somewhere that there has to be at least one more arc and on top of that, didn't Kishi say he wanted Naruto to see the challenges of parenthood?
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#19 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

good.

I'm think the Sasuke fight, and subsequent buildup, needs to be in it's own arc. Not tacked onto the back end of the "Previous Generation War" arc. Naruto needs to deal with the enemies his father couldn't surpass, then tackle the present one that only he can take down.

#20 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Aug 1 2012, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably summer 2014, that would be nice : )

I'm wondering if he's roughly targeting for the first week of October 2014, that will be the publishing anniversary issue of Naruto, and would take it to exactly 15 years. Big celebratory final chapter (hope they give him extra pages for the typical final manga chapter time skip epilogue, say 50 pages... biggrin.gif So we're pretty much guaranteed another Naruto movie before the story ends, maybe two. If the series ends right around the time the 2014 movie comes out then that movie may be a series epilogue too. I'm kind of hoping for an October 2014 date. Then there might be a 2015 movie that has events that take place after the epilogue chapter of the manga. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users