78 replies to this topic

#21 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

111189.gif Sasuke's face is gonna be EPIC.

Sigh... amazing ain't it? We've been following this for so long, but only like... a number of hours in the manga has passed over the course of almost two months O_O

Naruto is so mature now...

I want some frikkin comic relief. What happened to the comic relief? I could use a good laugh, sheesh. shamefulcry0js.gif
meh.

#22 leviruzene

leviruzene

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

Holy Lord, Danzo is a freaking bizarre uncle f#@$%r!!!
Meu coração, não sei por quê
Bate feliz, quando te vê
E os meus olhos ficam sorrindo
E pelas ruas vão te seguindo
Mas mesmo assim foges de mim

Ah se tu soubesses como sou tão carinhoso
E o muito, muito que te quero
E como é sincero o meu amor
Eu sei que tu não fugirias mais de mim

Vem, vem, vem, vem
Vem sentir o calor dos lábios meus a procura dos teus
Vem matar essa paixão que me devora o coração
E só assim então serei feliz
Bem feliz

Carinhoso, by Pichinguinha

#23 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:05 AM

Interesting chapter I suppose. Never would have guessed Danzou collected sharingan. He is very much like Madara in that respect, though they are opposing forces. I'm bothered that once again Sasuke has fully recovered and is going to fight, but what else can I expect anymore.

Gaara definitely lightened up a bit on Naruto. I couldn't tell but did Naruto shove Gaara's hand away? o_O Gaara's lines seemed like a set-up for talk no jutsu from Naruto about how great of a friend Sasuke was. But I hope I'm wrong on that XD

#24 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:11 AM

I certainly hope he isn't going to go off on how great of a friend Sasuke was. Seeing as he was the worst friend ever. I hope Naruto comes to realize that by the time he encounters Sasuke again. Enough with the mopey, whiney crap. Get back to punching people until they agree with you, Naruto! It's why I love you.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 11 December 2009 - 04:11 AM.

#25 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:21 AM

Gaara has come a very long way...from a psychopath, to the voice of reason...complete polar opposites...

In part 1, it was unthinkable he would say something like that.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#26 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 10 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto learned a lot in the past few hours in time.

He learned Sakura confessed her love but is not certain whether she is telling truth. He thinks she was lying.

No, at first he thought she was "joking around", then he thought she was deluding herself about moving on from Sasuke, then she laid into him and he was confused, then Sai reinforced the Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and chosen you, and told Naruto Sakura was "only thinking of you and I think you know that". It was the one time in the chapter he saw Sakura in his mind as she is now a serious minded young woman who has made up her mind. He's in a state of confusion because although Sakura still has feelings for who Sasuke was, her heart is with Naruto, even though she feared he would hate her if he knew she was going to kill Sasuke.

And now here is Gaara telling him that if he was a real friend of Sasuke he needs to come to the same decision of Sasuke as Sakura has. And whoa look how Naruto's lecture to Sai about what being a friend means has come back to bite him on the butt. delivered by one of the people who embraced that concept so fully because of Naruto's words to him. Sai as well is acting because of how Naruto changed him. Sakura made her choice because of Naruto...

Edited by ciardha, 11 December 2009 - 05:22 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:22 AM

Quick question, isn't Aburame Shikuro Shino's dad? if that's so... like Madara said, if Torune is really Shino's brother then that means we're going to be having a hell of a fight that's almost on the same level of Sasuke vs Itachi.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:49 AM

Shino's dad is Aburame Shibi, actually. We've never seen Shikuro. Doesn't mean that Shino won't be pissed that one of his clan members is being all evil and stuff.

#29 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:57 AM

Oh, yeah I remember now, thanks. But who knows it just might be Shino's uncle (directly) I thought it would be interesting if he was really Shino's brother. And we probably know what might happen to him when he faces Shino. the same goes for Fu who just might be Inoichi's long-lost brother... it would be really interesting that's for sure..... (Ino probably won't be able to go against Fu. But, it'd still be interesting if he was Ino's uncle)

Edited by Newkerz, 11 December 2009 - 03:17 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#30 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 10 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, at first he thought she was "joking around", then he thought she was deluding herself about moving on from Sasuke, then she laid into him and he was confused, then Sai reinforced the Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and chosen you, and told Naruto Sakura was "only thinking of you and I think you know that". It was the one time in the chapter he saw Sakura in his mind as she is now a serious minded young woman who has made up her mind. He's in a state of confusion because although Sakura still has feelings for who Sasuke was, her heart is with Naruto, even though she feared he would hate her if he knew she was going to kill Sasuke.

And now here is Gaara telling him that if he was a real friend of Sasuke he needs to come to the same decision of Sasuke as Sakura has. And whoa look how Naruto's lecture to Sai about what being a friend means has come back to bite him on the butt. delivered by one of the people who embraced that concept so fully because of Naruto's words to him. Sai as well is acting because of how Naruto changed him. Sakura made her choice because of Naruto...

I don't think Naruto is fully one hundred knowing Sakura is in love with him. If she is indeed in love with him., while the things are apparent, we are still not 100% sure, but there is a good chance she is.

Let me also keep this real by saying that Sai didn't say "She is in love with you." He knows that she is doing this all for him now, but he also said that she loves Sasuke. To Naruto, this is a bit confusing. I would be confused as well. Everything that has been said to Naruto either is telling him the opposite of what he believes or telling him the REAL truth. He is confused right beyond all belief and like Kakashi said, he needs to find the real answers for himself.

I only said that HE thinks she is lying. Not that she really is. Since the manga is in the point of view of Naruto, I think he still believes she is in love with Sasuke. Everything is not black and white in the manga so we're going to have keep watching to see what is going to be the final solution. There is is a good chance that everything we believe WILL happen, but Kishimoto has pulled twists before so I am leaving my mind open for now.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 11 December 2009 - 08:58 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#31 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

WSJ preview 476 translated by Shounensuki --Click here to view--
Next week!! The cover of Jump will have a great gathering of "everyone's" Naruto!!
Are you subscribers taking part!?

It is also the last time for the 10th anniversary testimonials!! Thank you for the entire year!!

Naruto "Kage Bunshin" cover & colour opening pages!!

It comes with a special picture postcard of Naruto!!

Danzō and Tobi cross paths...!! And Sasuke as well!?

#32 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 10 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't tell but did Naruto shove Gaara's hand away?

I commented on that in post 17. The more I look at page 12, the more certain I am about Naruto's action.

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 11 2009, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only said that HE thinks she is lying.

I still think there is a huge difference between not believing that Sakura would love him (which comes from lack of self-esteem) versus thinking that Sakura is lying. Naruto trusts her, so I don't think it is the later. Despite mastering the rasengan, becoming a sage, and being a hero to the village, the 90% of his life where everyone (including Hinata) referred to him as a "loser" would be hard on his self-esteem. This might be one reason why he clings to his "friendship" with Sasuke. The somewhat abusive nature is attention he understands, while true friendship (like Gaara is doing now) would be unfamiliar.

Other people have noted that he hasn't been up to his usual fun pranks recently. Hopefully, he will gain enough confidence (maybe after making up with Sakura? narusaku.gif ) that he will be a jokester again. But no longer to get attention, but because he enjoys it.

#33 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 11 2009, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Naruto is fully one hundred knowing Sakura is in love with him. If she is indeed in love with him., while the things are apparent, we are still not 100% sure, but there is a good chance she is.

Let me also keep this real by saying that Sai didn't say "She is in love with you." He knows that she is doing this all for him now, but he also said that she loves Sasuke. To Naruto, this is a bit confusing. I would be confused as well. Everything that has been said to Naruto either is telling him the opposite of what he believes or telling him the REAL truth. He is confused right beyond all belief and like Kakashi said, he needs to find the real answers for himself.

I only said that HE thinks she is lying. Not that she really is. Since the manga is in the point of view of Naruto, I think he still believes she is in love with Sasuke. Everything is not black and white in the manga so we're going to have keep watching to see what is going to be the final solution. There is is a good chance that everything we believe WILL happen, but Kishimoto has pulled twists before so I am leaving my mind open for now.

Sai said she has "given up on Sasuke and confessed her love for you" or in the other translation "moved on from Sasuke and chosen you" "her only thoughts were of you and I think you know that" That sounds like saying Sakura is in love with Naruto to me. (and as I said that was the only time in the chapter that Naruto pictured Sakura in his mind as she is now, a serious minded young woman) And no Naruto didn't think Sakura was consciously lying, he never said that. He believed she was deluding herself about Sasuke, not lying about her feelings for Naruto, especially not after she got so angry. Note Naruto's lack of anger and his arm waving in 470 when Sakura laid into him about the truth of her feelings for him. Naruto's confused trying to take in that she loves him but still has feelings for who Sasuke was, and because of that she's going to kill Sasuke before he loses his last trace of humanity.

Naruto said in the last chapter not "she was lying" but "I knew she was leaving something out" there's big difference.

Now Gaara has reinforced Sakura's choice about Sasuke, and tried to do so in the kindest way. He doesn't know about Sakura's choice but he gently urges Naruto to make the same one, attempting to give his message with kind hand on Naruto shoulder- which Naruto in anger throws off. Naruto's still trying to gasp at his illusion of Sasuke even with the illusion of Team 7 shattering due to Sakura's decision.

Bringing the shooting the rabid dog analogy back again- Sakura is the person who sees the pet is rabid and the only way is for someone that cares for it to shoot it quickly and with as little pain as possible. Naruto is the person in denial about the pet, not believing it's rabid and believing whatever is wrong can be cured if he can just reach the pet.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#34 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

"Eureka! I've just had the most brilliant idea ever!"

"What is it, sir?"

"Well, you know how the Sharingan is awesome, yes?"

"Of course."

"And if one is awesome, two must be TWICE as awesome, right?"

"Uh huh."

"Well, what about SIX of them?"

"We've had more than three Sharingan users already."

"No no no, I mean six... on ONE man."

*slap*

#35 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

You know it's funny, at the beginning of the manga I thought there simply hasn't been much sharingan in the manga lately. Then I got to that last page and problem solved. ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#36 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Blayze @ Dec 11 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Eureka! I've just had the most brilliant idea ever!"

"What is it, sir?"

"Well, you know how the Sharingan is awesome, yes?"

"Of course."

"And if one is awesome, two must be TWICE as awesome, right?"

"Uh huh."

"Well, what about SIX of them?"

"We've had more than three Sharingan users already."

"No no no, I mean six... on ONE man."

*slap*

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 11 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sai said she has "given up on Sasuke and confessed her love for you" or in the other translation "moved on from Sasuke and chosen you" "her only thoughts were of you and I think you know that"....Naruto is the person in denial about the pet, not believing it's rabid and believing whatever is wrong can be cured if he can just reach the pet.

I cut this down to save room, but....

*facepalm*

Okay you still don't get what I mean, but this is my fault as I cannot say what I want to correctly. I really don't feel like typing it out again so let's say I agree with you and leave it at "Naruto is in denial."

I have been in this kind of relationship before and trust me when I say I know exactly how Naruto is feeling because my situation was similar. Except for the whole "killing my crush" thing.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#37 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

well, like always, the new chapter made my week a bit brighter.

I think its really cool that people like Gaara who started like he did, got taught and changed by Naruto and now he is turning back and teaching naruto something...I am wondering how naruto will apply what Gaara has said in matters with Sasuke...

I am really curious to see what all those eyes on Danzou's arm will actually do for him...I hope Sasuke is healed enough to get back into another fight at his best!

#38 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 11 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Canned air?!

IT'S BRILLIANT! If only we had a jutsu for it!

... wait! Sharingan Kaze no Cannedu no Jutsu!

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 11 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been in this kind of relationship before and trust me when I say I know exactly how Naruto is feeling because my situation was similar. Except for the whole "killing my crush" thing.

I was in love with two guys at once back in college. It's a bad idea to read too much of your personal experiences into something written by someone who's never even met you especially when the much of the fictional context doesn't fit at all.

That being said, I understand the impact though. The scenes Kishimoto has dealing with the death of a loved one and grieving hit me intensely because my mother, who had become not just my mom but a dear friend, died suddenly of a blood clot to her heart on August 21, 2005, and years before that- December 8, 1980 when John Lennon was assassinated. (John and Yoko were basically my mentors, I discovered at 12 (1978) they had the same dreams and ideals I did but had already blazed the path for me, I knew what mistakes not to make- drugs and having sex without contraceptives, and what choices were good- going to college and meeting like minded people, speaking out on how I believed, expressing myself creatively, etc...)

#40 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

I thought that it was funny... mellow.gif

The lovechild of Deidara's hand and Itachi's acting XD
meh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users