Xbox One!

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#61 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

http://kotaku.com/xb...lay-o-509164109

Microsoft, you're confusing me.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#62 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I don't want to buy any of these systems. PS4 or XboxOne.

I'll stick with my PS3 and Xbox360.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#63 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 21 2013, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have become a bit too jaded with all systems at this point. Sony overhyped the PS3 so much that most of it's games failed to live up to the hype. Sure, they had good games, I am not saying they don't, but then again look at what happened when they promised these huge graphics and game play and no games lived up to it. Not the "awe" that everyone expected.

They did overpromise with the PS3, but it does have a number titles that did live up to the hype. Uncharted 2 for example, won the prestigious Game Critics Best of Show award in 2009 at E3. It also won the Gamescom Best Console game the following month. Those awards meant that both the gaming press and the gamers themselves were expecting a lot out of the Game. When Uncharted 2 released in October, it received tons of great scores. After more than 100 reviews, the average score for the game is 9.6/10.0 That's insane. And Uncharted 2 would go on to win many Industry awards, including Game of the Year from a number of big websites and publications. So yeah, that's pretty much living up to the hype and then some. I could make the same case for Journey, MLB The Show, LittleBigPlanet etc but I'll just let it be for now.

This is especially true when the 360 outbeat the PS3 on so many levels and why the PS2 was still selling years after the PS3 was released. (From what I hear from some of my develop friends, the Xbox was easier to develop for.)

Due to it's complicated Cell architecture the PS3 is indeed more difficult to work with than the 360. That was a bad decision.

It feels like they focused on too much on these gimmicky hardware they forgot the games and I forsee this happening now with this generation, PS4 and XboxOne alike.

The PS4's reveal was focused on games, XboxOne's reveal had a very heavy entertainment push in comparison. I don't really care for all that so I liked Sony's event more. Just my opinion though.

and I'll be honest, most of the games I love playing are on the Xbox360.

Cool. Most of my favorite games are on PS3.

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's...very concerning.

#64 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ May 21 2013, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They did overpromise with the PS3, but it does have a number titles that did live up to the hype. Uncharted 2 for example, won the prestigious Game Critics Best of Show award in 2009 at E3. It also won the Gamescom Best Console game the following month. Those awards meant that both the gaming press and the gamers themselves were expecting a lot out of the Game. When Uncharted 2 released in October, it received tons of great scores. After more than 100 reviews, the average score for the game is 9.6/10.0 That's insane. And Uncharted 2 would go on to win many Industry awards, including Game of the Year from a number of big websites and publications. So yeah, that's pretty much living up to the hype and then some. I could make the same case for Journey, MLB The Show, LittleBigPlanet etc but I'll just let it be for now.

I could argue that LittleBigPlanet was better on the PC, but I digress. Uncharted 2...is one game. Whether you think it lived up is up to you, but this was a system that all games were going to be better or at least a majority of them. I also don't like "gamerscores" because some tend to be a bit biased when doing games.

Look at the game Flower. It got high scores as well, but I don't see a lot of people saying anything about it nor did I hear people talk about getting the system just for this game. So, I can say that there are some games that got high scores yet weren't that popular.

Plus compare it to PS2s library of games where there were a whole bunch of them you can pick and play and many will say the PS2 was far superior.

The PS4's reveal was focused on games, XboxOne's reveal had a very heavy entertainment push in comparison. I don't really care for all that so I liked Sony's event more. Just my opinion though.

But likewise, you didn't get to see what the console itself looks like and they skimped out on a lot of things. The PS4 was also heavy about multimedia as well. Sure they showcased games, but still people find it was more about multimedia and I have seen the jokes. We also have the fact that we have yet to see the game line-up for the XboxOne because they are saving it for E3. This can be a good or bad thing. I am waiting to see the game line-up.

I never watched either console reveal because they are boring. I just wanted to see the games they have and when I see XboxOne's lineup, I am gonna make my judging call as this is really the heart of the console..

Begun the Console War has

Edited by James S Cassidy, 22 May 2013 - 03:34 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#65 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 22 2013, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll be surprised. Look at what the Xbox 1 did with Splinter Cell to Chaos Theory. Like I said, it is not about what the power the console can do. The PC will always trump it. The biggest question is what you can do with that power. Not just in graphics either.

I have become a bit too jaded with all systems at this point. Sony overhyped the PS3 so much that most of it's games failed to live up to the hype. Sure, they had good games, I am not saying they don't, but then again look at what happened when they promised these huge graphics and game play and no games lived up to it. Not the "awe" that everyone expected.

This is especially true when the 360 outbeat the PS3 on so many levels and why the PS2 was still selling years after the PS3 was released. (From what I hear from some of my develop friends, the Xbox was easier to develop for.) It feels like they focused on too much on these gimmicky hardware they forgot the games and I forsee this happening now with this generation, PS4 and XboxOne alike.

and I'll be honest, most of the games I love playing are on the Xbox360.

I never played Splinter Cell so can't comment, also the original Xbox was quite powerful, it was probably more powerful than the original Wii was but most games never really took advantage of it because they needed to make games compatible with the PS2 as well.

I was never sold on the PS3 from the beginning, but then again I didn't like the PS2 much either, I must have owned over 50 games for that console but only ever played 5-10 of them, because I hated the Dualshock pad so much. I could tell from day one that Sony had lost their way, they were so busy trying to get the BluRay drive into our homes that they forgot the core gamer, where MS kept it simple, they made a console that had a smple yet effective controller, a clean interface that just worked, a headset with all consoles and games to satisfy all types of gamers, and an online service that was the best around. If the 360 did not suffer from the RROD it would have distroyed the PS3 but that chink in it's armour gave Sony a fighting chance.

This time around it's Sony which is following MS's example, the message is simple, It's all about games, it does other media entertainment but that's not what is important at this moment in time. and they've promised a full revamp of their online service. they've made the console easy to develop for, they asked the developers what they wanted with the hardware this time around they are the underdog that wants to please.

On day one the people who will buy the console will be the hardcore who only care for the games, and that at the moment is the PS4, MS need to between now and the E3 conference, clear up their message on the used games and always online activation mess because everyone is giving out different information from Phil Harrison to Major Nelson to the Xbox Support Twitter site...they are giving the impresion of a company that doesn't pay attention to anyone even their own internal members. MS should have learnt from Windows 8, that when the consumers collectively and in such volume complain about something there is some cause for concern. They no longer live in a sociaty were there is no alternatives. People didn't like Win8 they can choose Android/chrome/linux or Apple or stick with Win7, If people don't like XB1 they' can choose the PS4 or just upgrade their PC or get a steambox.

You are right about the Gimmicky hardware thing, Microsoft see the Gimmick Kinect thing as a way to appeal to the casual, but the problem is with the casual as Nintendo found with the Wii, they might buy your console but they won't do much else with it, only the hardcore will buy games, the rest will buy the hardware, and play the game they got with the console and maybe the odd Arcade game but on the whole they won't care for the hundreds of games released on the platform every year.

Another worrying thing is the Always On function, the Kinect is required for the Xbox1 to work and is always listening, that doesn't fit well with my gaming, I have family in the other bedrooms when I play so if i'm talking to the Tv in the middle of the night it could disturb them, or make them worried I'm talking to my freaking console and call the men in white coats.

iAnby7W.gif

#66 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

Rant video from AngryJoeShow (He cusses quite a bit) --Click here to view--

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#67 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

....Guys, take it to the General Video Games thread....

#68 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 22 2013, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was pretty straight forward. Harrison made his statements, people at Microsoft are telling him that his statements are only "potentials" right now.

Edit: Wow, the amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 22 May 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#69 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 21 2013, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This^ finally somebody understands me!
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#70 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

No. No. I'm not buying this. If I can't lend a game to my friends who have the same system, this system isn't worth buying. If people actually buy this system, the other gaming companies will adjust their systems to what sells, which means the secondhand gaming market will collapse. If you don't want this to happen, do NOT buy the XBOX One.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#71 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Microsoft you've shot yourselves in the foot if you release the console with those requirements...

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#72 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

If it's true the Xboxone will block use games then I'm sorry to say this but Microsoft has doom their future in the gaming industry. This is what happens when you try to fight the use game market.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#73 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yo%2520Dawg%252C%2520TV.jpg

But no; really, on a more serious note here are the highlights of what they showed.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 27 May 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#74 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Good conference, Titanfall and Metalgear were my favorite titles, and both looked amazing. They showed a lot of variety.

Releasing November 1st for $499/429 Euros...that plus live is a killer for me.

\

#75 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 21 2013, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, I rather wait a year after the release.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#76 Beastbomb

Beastbomb

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

Unfortunately, this system did t for me. I'm sorry to leave Microsoft, but Sony is where it's at. The PS4 presentation completely blew me away. 2 problems that drew me away: always being connected to live when I turn on the system and no backwards capability.

#77 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

I almost fell off my seat when MS announced the launch price of £429 price, They just shot themselves in the other foot, they were already limping with the phone home every 24 hours DRM and used games policy but to shoot themselves in the other foot by going for a price point slightly higher than the PS3's launch price was plain stupid.

MS is rumoured to be spending $1 Billion on games and getting developers to talk nice about their console, when they could have used some of that budget to come it at a lower price (which they could easily do, Sony can afford £350, on the more powerful hardware, they MS can do the same)...My interest in the console completely died at that point, come next E3 i'll see what happens but I don't think i'll be getting a XB1 until it's around the £200 mark, which if all the negativity is to be beleived might be sooner than we think.

iAnby7W.gif

#78 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

http://www.escapistm...tries-At-Launch

21 countries where the Xbox One will work, at launch.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 16 June 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#79 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

It's a RDM which is almost the same system as blizzard, because was pratically not worth to pirate diablo 3 so it's system when the microsoft servers send authentication requests and more important change scripts once a day.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#80 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

http://www.escapistm...tries-At-Launch

21 countries where the Xbox One will work, at launch.

I'm really not sure what to say anymore. Did at no point did it occur to the creators of this bullsh** system, that they were going to alienate and piss off EVERYBODY with all their a$$-backwards restrictions and regulations? Did they honestly think that people would just stomach the assault on their privacy, ability to game share, and ability to game period? How do you go from a super successful system like the Xbox 360, to this bullcrap their pulling with the X1? It is BEYOND stupid, and I'm just shaking my head in complete and utter disbelief that any of this is happening. MS doesn't have to worry about Sony slaughtering them, even though that's exactly what's happening...MS has gutted themselves with a butcher knife and are actively stabbing it over...and over...and over again with no apparent need to stop ._.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users