#561 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:58 AM

You mean like what Kishi did to Sakura?

yeah. :/ it has to do with how kairi got handled.  Do you guys want a few spoilers?

#562 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:04 AM

yeah. :/ it has to do with how kairi got handled.  Do you guys want a few spoilers?

No. I guess I'll prepare for the worst. Is it as bad or Worse?

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 26 January 2019 - 03:09 AM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#563 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:44 AM

No. I guess I'll prepare for the worst. Is it as bad or Worse?

Worse, Somthing bad happens to kairi and her keyblade training did nothing for her in the end. 

#564 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:50 AM

Worse, Somthing bad happens to kairi and her keyblade training did nothing for her in the end. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

I hope that doesn't mean she dies. Don't tell me if she does. I don't want to hear anymore.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 26 January 2019 - 03:51 AM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#565 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:09 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

I hope that doesn't mean she dies. Don't tell me if she does. I don't want to hear anymore.

Just keep your expectation VERY VERY low. Its very disappointing. Thats all i will say.   :ermm:

#566 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:11 AM

Just keep your expectation VERY VERY low. Its very disappointing. Thats all i will say.   :ermm:

Okay... If what you say is true and I pray it's not then I will make a long rant to Nomura, comparing him to Kishi.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#567 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:25 AM

Okay... If what you say is true and I pray it's not then I will make a long rant to Nomura, comparing him to Kishi.

When i saw the leak video i had a hard time believing it was true I thought nomura wouldn't be careless about kairi like that. I was dead wrong. From now on i do not trust any writers they can mess very badly and ruin the franchise for good. Writers can mess up, but this badly? almost all the time? its terrible and its not good for the industry.  -_-

Edited by rikakim94, 26 January 2019 - 04:34 AM.

#568 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:40 AM

When i saw the leak video i had a hard time believing it was true I thought nomura wouldn't be careless about kairi like that. I was dead wrong. From now on i do not trust any writers they can mess very badly and ruin the franchise for good. Writers can mess up, but this badly? almost all the time? its terrible and its not good for the industry.  -_-

I know. First Kishi and now potentially this? And what's sad is I love both these Characters.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 26 January 2019 - 04:41 AM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#569 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

I'll judge for myself when the game comes out. But remember, Nomura stated in an interview last year that the ending of the game would be something fans would have a hard time coming to terms with, and that this was only the ending of KH's first saga. I've been preparing myself for that and will try to accept the fallout since it's been confirmed that this isn't going to be the final KH game starring Sora. I did look at one particular leak and I won't say anything other than SoKai got some much anticipated development that made me happy.(Suck it, SoRi fans!)

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#570 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

It's not like this is the end. Kh3 is the end of the Xehanort saga, but not the end of KH. While Kairi has been put on the back burner a bit because of Aqua, I wouldn't be surprised if she's more prominent in the next games especially with...

Her development with Sora&#91

Edited by jak123, 26 January 2019 - 01:47 PM.

#571 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

It's not like this is the end. Kh3 is the end of the Xehanort saga, but not the end of KH. While Kairi has been put on the back burner a bit because of Aqua, I wouldn't be surprised if she's more prominent in the next games especially with...

Her development with Sora&#91

Exactly. And rikakim, I won't presume that you're exaggerating because I haven't seen any story spoilers sans the aforementioned in my last post, but if your main gripe about Kairi essentially boils down to "She's not as badass as Sora and Riku", that's easily explained. Sora and Riku have at least two years of training and actual combat experience under their belt(heck, they were regularly sparring with one another long before they got a Keyblade), having fought a myriad of Heartless, Nobodies, Dream Eaters, Disney villains, every member of Organization 13, other Keybearers and of course, Xehanort's incarnations. Whereas Kairi's battle experience revolves around Shadows and Axel, who while a powerful Organization member, doesn't offer much diversity for her to learn and adapt to; and to remind you, he's as amateurish with the Keyblade as she is. While she probably trained for months in the time dilated world, training alone doesn't make you a badass combatant and is no substitute for real combat, just like how studying for a test doesn't necessarily guarantee you'll get a good grade. Now that she's gotten a taste of fighting on the battlefield, she can only get better.

Unlike Sakura, who despite being on the field as long as Naruto and Sasuke, didn't get many opportunities to show off her skill because Kishi just didn't know what to do with her(due to his incompetence as a writer)while Naruto and Sasuke became Ninja God's reincarnated sons and got every plot device imaginable.

And really, as long as I get to see Kairi fight, I'm happy.

Edited by Kagomaru, 26 January 2019 - 06:25 PM.

#572 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

I hear that the setup for the story next game is even more confusing already :wacko:  :err:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 January 2019 - 05:36 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#573 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:42 AM

it has been far to long friends glad you,ve been keeping my thread alive tomorrow kh3 is out im excited though ive seen some fans on here disappointed about kairi's role even to the point of comparing her to how sakura was handled which is rediculous but everyone has there viewpoints shes gonna play a big part i know it and i have a feeling sokai is gonna be endgame

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#574 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:22 AM

I hear that the setup for the story next game is even more confusing already :wacko:  :err:

Exactly. And rikakim, I won't presume that you're exaggerating because I haven't seen any story spoilers sans the aforementioned in my last post, but if your main gripe about Kairi essentially boils down to "She's not as badass as Sora and Riku", that's easily explained. Sora and Riku have at least two years of training and actual combat experience under their belt(heck, they were regularly sparring with one another long before they got a Keyblade), having fought a myriad of Heartless, Nobodies, Dream Eaters, Disney villains, every member of Organization 13, other Keybearers and of course, Xehanort's incarnations. Whereas Kairi's battle experience revolves around Shadows and Axel, who while a powerful Organization member, doesn't offer much diversity for her to learn and adapt to; and to remind you, he's as amateurish with the Keyblade as she is. While she probably trained for months in the time dilated world, training alone doesn't make you a badass combatant and is no substitute for real combat, just like how studying for a test doesn't necessarily guarantee you'll get a good grade. Now that she's gotten a taste of fighting on the battlefield, she can only get better.

Unlike Sakura, who despite being on the field as long as Naruto and Sasuke, didn't get many opportunities to show off her skill because Kishi just didn't know what to do with her(due to his incompetence as a writer)while Naruto and Sasuke became Ninja God's reincarnated sons and got every plot device imaginable.

And really, as long as I get to see Kairi fight, I'm happy.

exactly thank you

#575 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

I'll judge for myself when the game comes out. But remember, Nomura stated in an interview last year that the ending of the game would be something fans would have a hard time coming to terms with, and that this was only the ending of KH's first saga. I've been preparing myself for that and will try to accept the fallout since it's been confirmed that this isn't going to be the final KH game starring Sora. I did look at one particular leak and I won't say anything other than SoKai got some much anticipated development that made me happy.(Suck it, SoRi fans!)

im hyped

#576 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

it has been far to long friends glad you,ve been keeping my thread alive tomorrow kh3 is out im excited though ive seen some fans on here disappointed about kairi's role even to the point of comparing her to how sakura was handled which is rediculous but everyone has there viewpoints shes gonna play a big part i know it and i have a feeling sokai is gonna be endgame

It's not ridiculous at all. They are upset because they expected to see Kairi's time to shine. Personally, I think she deserved better than she got, especially on-screen.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#577 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

Yes admittedly, seeing someone building up there character development and combat skills if there is action and fights scenes in the media so much then just pushing them back in to the dude/damsel in distress is not fun to see :ermm:  :mellow: But I digress Maybe Kairi will get to shine in future games, and admittedly we can't assume she will instantly become like Aqua in such a short time :yes:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#578 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:54 PM

Yes admittedly, seeing someone building up there character development and combat skills if there is action and fights scenes in the media so much then just pushing them back in to the dude/damsel in distress is not fun to see :ermm:  :mellow: But I digress Maybe Kairi will get to shine in future games, and admittedly we can't assume she will instantly become like Aqua in such a short time :yes:

she'll have a good role

#579 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

I'm getting the game tonight so once I am finished I am coming back and writing my thoughts on the game. And I will write my favorite world, boss, scene and moment.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#580 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:25 AM

Just as I've been saying.^_^ And I do want to see if Aqua will take Kairi under her wing and further her training since she is her chosen successor. There's also the epilogue and secret ending to look forward to seeing later this week since they are coming out as free DLC updates on 30th and 31st.

As for the game, I'm staying off the internet for the next few days to avoid spoilers(due to a mishap with my pre-order, I won't get the game until Thursday).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users