Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:52 AM

well, this explains Naruto's love for orange xDD

Page 4...Oh boy, Kushina has no idea >.>

Now im more interested in Kushina's chakra...apparently it was able to keep the fox down.

Funny how Kushina's story is similar to Sakura, they were both made fun off because of their looks. Sakura her large forehead. Kushina her big face.

Edited by Strangelove, 10 June 2010 - 01:04 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#23 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

So far Im of the following opinions

Kishi gets a good laugh out of fandom thats for sure given the way Kushina ROFLMAOS at Narutos assumption that shes the fox.

Like Mother like teamate Mom puts Naruto in line just Like Sakura does.

Confirmed that Kushina was present at the sealing and was involved with it. She sacraficed her life to save her sons and give him that power. Minatos genius continues to grow.

similarites to Sakura confirmed as well teased about small things (hair and forehead), and both having amazing potential.

both also looked down their noses at someone untill a certian incedent occured.

Kushinas chakra is special. Now this seems to confirm one of my long standing theorys backed up by Yamatos statements about Narutos chakra. At bare minimum Kushinas chakra is strong enough to supress the nine tails and control it in some fashion. Much as Narutos body can withstand the poisonous nature of the foxes chakra due to its strong nature.

Kushinas speach to me even further convinces me that the bench scene is coming again. Sakuras love for Sasuke based intially in admiration, becamse more when Naruto complimented her forhead just as Minato complimented her hair.

In Sakuras case though Naruto was disguised so somewhere soon this inconsistency is going to have to be confronted.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#24 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

This was a great chapter Kishi was on point with this one. Its better than anyone could have expected.

And what stood out most to me is what Ciardha and Catsi have touched on which is the parallel concerning their "flaws". I think perhaps Naruto will remember his mothers story of how minato's rescue of her and complimenting her hair, and doing the same by complimenting Sakura's forehead, which would also be a good way to clear the bench scene.
\

#25 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

THIS IS AWWEEEEESOME! cool.gif

#26 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 10 2010, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was a great chapter Kishi was on point with this one. Its better than anyone could have expected.

And what stood out most to me is what Ciardha and Catsi have touched on which is the parallel concerning their "flaws". I think perhaps Naruto will remember his mothers story of how minato's rescue of her and complimenting her hair, and doing the same by complimenting Sakura's forehead, which would also be a good way to clear the bench scene.

i wanna just see once naruto get's back to konoha to either:
1) run to sakura, before saying anything else just commenting on her beautiful forehead and seeing how she reacts or

2) sakura gets kidnapped.... wink.gif

Edited by naruto-z, 10 June 2010 - 01:15 AM.

#27 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jun 9 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wanna just see (once naruto get's back to konoha) to either:
1) run to sakura, before saying anything else just commenting on her beautiful forehead and seeing how she reacts or

2) sakura gets kidnapped.... wink.gif

I will go with the first choice it will be too cliche if Sakura gets capture.

Catsi@

I agree with you looks like Kishi is taking that path that the bench scene will return.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#28 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Jun 9 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruhina shippers are saying that the "I Love you" line given by Naruto's mom will remind Naruto of HInata's "I love you" in a couple of chapters! heheelq7.png

Why ruin this moment by bringing up those poor deluded people and their desparate crackpot theorys...PLEASE no more saying that character's name on this pro-N.S. site!

#29 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

Oh, i'm scared to see the bench scene XD

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (dfammer @ Jun 9 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why ruin this moment by bringing up those poor deluded people and their desparate crackpot theorys...PLEASE no more saying that character's name on this pro-N.S. site!

Remember the rules no bashing other shippers. no.gif

EDIT: also no one has to follow your rule that we can't mention Hinata's name here even if this is a N/S site. I like Hinata and I don't mind bringing her to a conversation there are also a lot of people who doesn't hate her. So in other words just because we're N/S fans it doesn't necssary means that we hate Hinata.

Edited by Gravenimage, 10 June 2010 - 01:40 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:34 AM

All that's needed now is a Mina-Kushi-Naru Moment.

Or A MINATO GAIDEN.
BLACK AND WHITE

#32 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

Okay, this is by far the best chapter in the Naruto manga.

The chapter was so...I loved it. A typical mother/son conversation with the whole "Your father was a goofball..." type of speech.

Kushina is now my third most favorite character in the series.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 June 2010 - 01:42 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#33 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 9 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember the rules no bashing other shippers. no.gif

EDIT: also no one has to follow your rule that we can't mention Hinata's name here even if this is a N/S site. I like Hinata and I don't mind bringing her to a conversation there are also a lot of people who doesn't hate her. So in other words just because we're N/S fans it doesn't necssary means that we hate Hinata.
. . . but as a NaruSaku fan, I hate HInata. unsure.gif

#34 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

Maybe, after this conversation Naruto will finally have the resolve to man up and take action on his love life, now that would be nice.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#35 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

And as a Narusaku fan, I don't hate Hinata. The two are mutually exclusive, being a fan of NaruSaku doesn't mean you hate Hinata.

Anyway, quite amazing how long Kushina's hair is, looks like Minato's quite fond of her hair, obviously. XD
Also, wow...red-headed non-spiky haired Naruto looks weird. Hrm, I wonder if Naruto's accusation of Kushina as the Kyuubi's human form is a minor dig at those fanfiction stories of Kyuubi as a red-haired woman? I laughed a bit at that.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 10 June 2010 - 01:50 AM.

#36 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

Been waiting for some more background on Naruto's heritage, and the quality of the chapter was incredible, the drawings were very crisp. I felt very warm inside when Naruto hugged his mom, very tender moment it was.

Can't wait for more, this is getting much better than I imagined.

#37 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 9 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe, after this conversation Naruto will finally have the resolve to man up and take action on his love life, now that would be nice.

Maybe he will but the Sasuke thing has to be solve first he has always been the big obstacle in preventing N/S from becoming canon basically.

Edited by Gravenimage, 10 June 2010 - 02:02 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#38 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

Reading this chapter made me remember why I love this manga. Not only was it touching in every way, it also had many parallels and funny moments all mixed together. It makes me see that Kishi can be a good writer from time to time. I'm also glad that NAruto knows both of his parent now and soon to become the Leaf's orange Hokage. I knew there was a reason behind Naruto's choice of wearing orange

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#39 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

Okay now that I've had my Pie: Reads Chapter

WOAH!!! As a Naruto fan I've felt a heartwarming moment, as a NaruSaku fan I feel beyond pumped! This Chapter has so many undertones!

The hot temper, the hit on the head! Then the smlie on the hug, just look at the bottom panel on page 5 and not think of you know what! The Same for the smile on Page 6! Being bullied for a feature of herself she didn't like!

Then there's the quotes!

Kushina: "When I heard that, I thought that there's no way such a goofy flake would ever become Hokage"
"Yes, but what did I know? I was young, so I looked down my nose at Minato."

"From that day on I liked my hair and more importantly Loved Minato."

BENCH SCENE TO BE REVISITED!!!!

I know not many people want to see Sakura kidnapped but this is too much foreshadowing and comparison. Holy crud! I'm stating, this is it. We've reached the Pairing point of No Return! And I LUV IT!! rawr.gif

Oh and one more thing.....

rawr.gif CHARGE!!!!!!!

Edited by Insurrection, 10 June 2010 - 02:10 AM.

#40 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:56 AM

I haven't been around for a while, but I also felt the need to show up and talk about this. Regardless of ship bias or goggles or anything, this is probably one of the best chapters bar none in the entire manga. I mean, even the chapter with his father doesn't carry as much emotion as this one does. Admittedly, the relationship would be different due to the whole sealing of the fox thing, and having met his father already he's had time to come to terms with it, but holy f-ing crud, I was laughing and almost crying throughout the whole chapter (and I've only read it twice so far).

On an overall arcing note, he's fulfilled most of his goals, I think, both the spoken and unspoken ones. As for spoken goals, he's got the admiration of the village and his friends, he is indeed a 'first class' ninja as he and Sasuke 'bump fists' or whatever you want to call it for a second time, and as for his unspoken goals, one of the major ones that I imagine is a driving force for many who are orphans is learning of his parentage; better yet, he has met both of them. By the end of this, he will have conquered the fox, I assume. All he's got left is dealing with Sasuke, and Madara, becoming Hokage and finding a good woman (we all can agree on who we figure that will be) and he's all set.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users