http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/554

#2 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Once again the Raikage is shown to be overpowered, How can Konoha be considered the strongest village when from all intents and purposes it appears that the Village hidden in the leaf has the strongest Kages' both past and present. The Rasenshuriken that took out multiple Pain bodies, leaves a massive crater on attack and it doesn't even do the third Raikage any damage, and now he's shown to have a lighting attack much more powerful than Kakashi's at it's weakest level.

The power levels shown don't add up, Naruto's most powerful attack is useless against the guy, and Wind is meant to be the strongest against lightning. How did they lose the previous wars? This guy stood firm against 10,000 men for three days before defeat, the Secdon Hokage got defeated by a ambush of much less (even if the gold and silver brothers were involved).

Now Naruto's going to try the Bijuu Bomb, who wants to bet his initial attack will fail spectacularly like with the RasenShuriken did first time?

iAnby7W.gif

#3 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

It's hard to believe that the rasenshuriken didn't put a scratch on the third Raikage the guy seems to be even stronger than a BIjuu. Why does Kishi has to overpowered a minor character like him??? and yet considering how the other ninjas that Kabuto resurrect were weak and they were defeated in just one chapter. The chapter was good but seriously why make a character godlike?

Edited by Gravenimage, 07 September 2011 - 02:57 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#4 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 7 2011, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to believe that the rasenshuriken didn't put a scratch on the third Raikage the guy seems to be even stronger than a BIjuu. Why does Kishi has to overpowered a minor character like him??? and yet considering how the other ninjas that Kabuto resurrect were weak and they were defeated in just one chapter. The chapter was good but seriously why make a character godlike?

So that Naruto can learn his new technique. Or that it is not Naruto that has to fight him, but Bee. Do I agree with it? No, but should be interesting to see if the tail beast bomb actually works. Or if Naruto has to improvise.

#5 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 7 2011, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again the Raikage is shown to be overpowered, How can Konoha be considered the strongest village when from all intents and purposes it appears that the Village hidden in the leaf has the strongest Kages' both past and present. The Rasenshuriken that took out multiple Pain bodies, leaves a massive crater on attack and it doesn't even do the third Raikage any damage, and now he's shown to have a lighting attack much more powerful than Kakashi's at it's weakest level.

The power levels shown don't add up, Naruto's most powerful attack is useless against the guy, and Wind is meant to be the strongest against lightning. How did they lose the previous wars? This guy stood firm against 10,000 men for three days before defeat, the Secdon Hokage got defeated by a ambush of much less (even if the gold and silver brothers were involved).

Now Naruto's going to try the Bijuu Bomb, who wants to bet his initial attack will fail spectacularly like with the RasenShuriken did first time?

You do forget that Kumo is actually the strongest according to the latest Fanbook. Konoha only tops Kumo in Population. The only reason Konoha got weaker was because of the 2 consecutive invasions in the past 3 years.

However, during the 3rd Raikage's time, Konoha and Kumo were likely tied as the strongest village of the 5 Nations. So the power levels doesn't really surprise me. Kumo had an insanely strong Kage and a perfect Jinchuuriki, well Konoha had the Sannin and God Minato who can face a Bijuu head-on.

Moreover, they had one of the last pure-blooded Uzumaki living as well. So I don't think either of them is stronger than the other. They're just strong in their own right.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

Well, that chapter just flied by that quickly, ehhhh? So that Raikage is perceived to be almost immortal like, that just means that Naruto is going to find a way to actually make one small dent on this guy before it all adds up somehow, before the clone disperese. And darn, I was hoping to find out this week what Sasuke was planning, oh well.

Edited by Anguyen92, 07 September 2011 - 03:09 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#7 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

some thoughts and rambling:

I don't think it was completely ineffective, those edo tensei shinobi are able to regenerate themselves right? However, I agree that the third raikage is overpowered and FRS should at least have had an effect that's at least noticeable.

But didn't he die a long time ago, looks to me he is much stronger than A is now. Perhaps that's when Konoha became the strongest.
The third Raikage is probably smthng for kumo like Minato is for Konoha. I don't recall even one character claim Minato has been defeated by him/her.

One sign that Konoha is the strongest village:

They've got CHUNIN that are able to take on S-Class criminals

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#8 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 7 2011, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's a bummer that such a minor character is so massively powerful. By having these hugely powerful characters just pop onto the scene, it robs the reader of the pleasure of looking forward to their fight.

I was surprised at how they were throwing the Fourth's name around again. It seems like Kumo knows more about Minato than Konoha does! It's hard to believe that the two leaders were that close, and that a man who would have been a young (teen-ish) at the time those two were contemporaries would have any knowledge at all about what was spoken. But I think this is more that the Yondaime has entered into a collective conscious because Naruto has been made aware of him. It's not really about realistically holding to the storyline. I'm sure there's something on TV tropes about this device, but I don't have four hours of my life to give to that time-vampire of a website. biggrin.gif

#9 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Sep 7 2011, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's a bummer that such a minor character is so massively powerful. By having these hugely powerful characters just pop onto the scene, it robs the reader of the pleasure of looking forward to their fight.

I was surprised at how they were throwing the Fourth's name around again. It seems like Kumo knows more about Minato than Konoha does! It's hard to believe that the two leaders were that close, and that a man who would have been a young (teen-ish) at the time those two were contemporaries would have any knowledge at all about what was spoken. But I think this is more that the Yondaime has entered into a collective conscious because Naruto has been made aware of him. It's not really about realistically holding to the storyline. I'm sure there's something on TV tropes about this device, but I don't have four hours of my life to give to that time-vampire of a website. biggrin.gif

No. What Dodai referred to was Ei. He's the 4th Raikage, remember?? it sounds confusing, but if he really was referring to Minato, he would've said 4th Hokage, instead of just the 4th. Villagers refer to the their Kages by their number or given name with a honorific. But when they're referring to other Kages, they would specify which one (Mizu, Kaze, Tsuchi, etc)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#10 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Sep 7 2011, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So that Naruto can learn his new technique. Or that it is not Naruto that has to fight him, but Bee. Do I agree with it? No, but should be interesting to see if the tail beast bomb actually works. Or if Naruto has to improvise.

Agreed. The whole point of this chapter was to force Naruto to use a technique he struggled to perfect during training. Now in battle he is told a bunch of god-like facts, including that this is the ONLY ninja able to stand up to a bijuu and that the eight-tails coincidently inflicted a permanent scar (and that it's his greatest shame to boot).

It took me a moment to pinpoint why this chapter annoyed the hell out of me. It's because it's so tailor made for Naruto to use this technique that the whole thing feels completely contrived. I hate that Naruto had to be lead to this course, virtually step by step, rather than come to the decision to use it on his own.

As to Harry's concern, the answer is straight forward. In order to pull the above off, he needs a ninja that can stand up to Naruto, and, in particular the RasenShuriken. If speed and accuracy is the reason for failure is there a reason to bust out a technique that I'm not sure is any faster or accurate (unless it has an undodgable blast radius)? So, he needs someone to withstand RasenShuriken. Even if Naruto weren't lead the way he was, he would still need a reason to use it.

This is the consequence of jacking Naruto's power up and up throughout the series, and in part 2, in particular. It becomes much harder to create adversaries that can withstand it, especially in the form of a filler one like this.

Finally, I don't think it's the least bit coincidental that he can use an attak that mirrors Chidori in form.

#11 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 7 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. What Dodai referred to was Ei. He's the 4th Raikage, remember?? it sounds confusing, but if he really was referring to Minato, he would've said 4th Hokage, instead of just the 4th. Villagers refer to the their Kages by their number or given name with a honorific. But when they're referring to other Kages, they would specify which one (Mizu, Kaze, Tsuchi, etc)

smile.gif Aaah. Now it makes sense!

#12 HenryFlitzroy

HenryFlitzroy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Ugh, worst chapter in a long time, and the next one probably wont be any better, judging from the title.
(I dont have to spoiler tag this, do i? tongue.gif)
We spend all our youth chasing money, and when we attain it, we spend all our money chasing youth.

#13 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Sep 7 2011, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it was completely ineffective, those edo tensei shinobi are able to regenerate themselves right? However, I agree that the third raikage is overpowered and FRS should at least have had an effect that's at least noticeable.

It would have been more interesting to have the rasenshuriken do damage, but that the edo tensei regeneration plus his innate toughness allowed him to recover quickly. This is similar to some stories have done with Marvel's incredible Hulk (without the zombie resurrection part).

#14 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (JibJabba @ Sep 7 2011, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, worst chapter in a long time, and the next one probably wont be any better, judging from the title.
(I dont have to spoiler tag this, do i? tongue.gif)

^^ You probably should spoiler tag this. Since there might be people that had not read this may come to this thread in a few more hours, which causes people to lower their expectations on the chapter and we don't want that unless people that did read your post and then read the chapter and probably would feel quite pleased about it.

Edited by Anguyen92, 07 September 2011 - 05:29 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#15 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

chapter reaction --Click here to view--
I'm not much for pure fight chapters with minimal flashbacks that give only the tiniest insight into a character, so yeah looking forward to this character finally being sealed. About all I found out about the 3rd Raikage is that his ego was even bigger than his power. Not exactly making me look forward to see more of him. Positive this chapter- Temari being a leader. I would have liked seeing a bit more with her in the leadership role, balancing out the reactions to the 3rd Raikage and Naruto's use of powers. Naruto's part of the chapter was decent, and showed a nice balance of strengths and weaknesses.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#16 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

this chapter was awesome!!!! all the raikages are Boss huh?
im glad he showed up!! now we get to see naruto's bomb!! I CANT WAIT!!! XDD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

While I agree this chapter seems almost forced, I have to admit is kind of necessary. Sort of like how Naruto fought Kakuzu to use the Rasenshurikan the first time. Kind of need an enemy that needs to be a bit overpowered so that only one technique will work against him. Like any series, there is always someone who is stronger.

I find it funny that all the strongest of ninjas are dead. I always find it ironic, but I guess it make sense. As long as you have power, someone will always challenge it to make themselves more powerful.

As boring as most will think it is, I am interested to see what Naruto's version of the Bijuu bomb is and I would really like to see how good Naruto is before he fights Sasuke and maybe a small scene with Sakura before the day is up.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

I dont like how Naruto's Rasenshuriken didnt put even one scratch on the 3rd raikage plus how it forced Naruto to go through almost all his best attacks. Other than that I guess this chapter was ok. Im glad I could see Temari again too.

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

Here is how I see it --Click here to view--
I don't think the rasenshurikan did nothing. If he was alive and not under Edo Tensei it would have done something. It at least knocked him off his feet and knocked the wind out of him, but because he is basically a zombie that can regenerate he kind of has an upper hand and needs something with a little more umph. Especially since this kage is known to be the "Human wall." Don't really give someone the term "juggernaut" without purpose. He is an unstoppable force for a reason.

Put it this way: Every other Edo Tensei summons fell before the might of the Rasenshuriken. None of you really expected at least one of them to stand a challenge against Naruto?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

I liked it, I liked seeing Naruto in action. And the Raikage is just plain beast in my opinion when he was alive he was a human wall but now he's a zombie so not alot of things can hurt him so now he's an even better Human wall or Zombie wall how ever you want to put it. So ya good chapter.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users