604 replies to this topic

#101 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ Apr 3 2013, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just saying that panel where she says "Thats all". Kind of ruins the idea that she meant she loved him sad.gif

I kind of took this as a good thing. She wants to have him back home because she doesn't want him to suffer any more. I think the 'that's all' had the same meaning as, 'I just want you to come back with me!'

We would have to ask someone who knows Japanese what the original Japanese phrase was to make any solid conclusions though.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#102 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 3 2013, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? She's trying to say her point in a nutshell, but obviously, the real point is that Sasuke is now targeted by all and no one will support Naruto. I don't understand where you see it as destroyed. huh.gif

I didnt mean NS is destryoed at all lol laugh.gif

I meant it looks like a very anti NS comment sad.gif

40283620121415711s.jpg

#103 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

I think I understand what you mean, Haunted Cake. You're taking it as Sakura saying that the only reason she was there was to get Naruto to go back with her, which makes her confession not true, am I right?

I suppose you could look at it that way, though I always looked at it as how Saku-chan described. She was very frustrated because Naruto wasn't going along with her plan, so she makes a point that she just wants him to come home with her where he'll be safe. It highlights Sakura's growing concern for Naruto's well-being. smile.gif

#104 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 3 2013, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I understand what you mean, Haunted Cake. You're taking it as Sakura saying that the only reason she was there was to get Naruto to go back with her, which makes her confession not true, am I right?

I suppose you could look at it that way, though I always looked at it as how Saku-chan described. She was very frustrated because Naruto wasn't going along with her plan, so she makes a point that she just wants him to come home with her where he'll be safe. It highlights Sakura's growing concern for Naruto's well-being. smile.gif

Yeah thats right biggrin.gif

Ah i see ok laugh.gif

Edited by HauntedCake, 03 April 2013 - 05:26 PM.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#105 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 3 2013, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This.

I mean look at those panels before that moment. It really shows me that Sakura has always shown concern about Naruto and I didn't know that there were many. This setup does lead to love because one would question, why is she so concern about him. It happens a lot in media and this won't be any different. Perhaps 615 may motivated her to give her all for Naruto's sake, rather than just take a backseat. It's possible. The movie definitely feels like Kishi because it really shows the characteristics that he created. Oh man, this is interesting.

#106 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

I still feel that the statement of "i hate people who lie to themselves" may hit Sakura where it matters,

Maybe something about the confession will be brought back, maybe Sakura will confront Naruto about it, possibly apologize? If she does reaffirm her beliefs and realize her feelings for Naruto, I feel that it she could shift over due to a combination of her concern and feelings for Naruto (aside from friendship), some realization from someone like Tsunade, possibly bring up the confession (maybe try apologizing to him?), stating how she feels worried and scared for him possibly dying against Sasuke, possibly the forehead compliment (kinda to reenforce the MinaKush event and repeat it), and I feel that the lie to themselves statement may resonate in Sakura meaning that, she may realize this as lying to herself when it comes to loving Sasuke, I say this due to the idealistic crush, maybe she may start to see herself as lying to herself from that statement when it came to her idealistic crush on sasuke and knowing the difference between this and how Naruto was always there helping, saving, protecting, and inspiring her and how she did the same for him.

Maybe all of this, some type of combination confrontation between Naruto and Sakura where she shows Naruto how much she is suffering, acting open fully, making Naruto realize she is being honest this time, this would possibly be a time when they accept and feel the same about each other.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#107 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

Like Inferno180 said,

Maybe Sakura will realize that she's lying to herself about loving Sasuke romantically. pimp.png
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#108 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

What a success. Slextrem, here's the feedback:

Kronin (NF user) --Click here to view--
Really thanks for sharing this link NaruSaku4Life

PS: So much reps to give, and I am unable to do it...

Though I let him know credits belong to you.

Yami_no_Princess (NF user) --Click here to view--
That was simply amazing, I have so many NaruSaku feels now

It's the best developed pairing of the entire series by far.

It even has the common trope of girl starts out hating a guy and ends up loving the guy in the end.

It also has the girl being unaware she's in love trope

This is not the kind of manga to be taken at face value, there's just so much subtext and subtly to it. It's beautiful but deceptive to those who aren't paying attention.

Sakura's supposed to be portrayed as a realistic girl, it would make sense that she's confused, or wrong about her own feelings. Most young people don't know what true love even is. So while she's completely blinded by her crush/infatuation she's missing the sparks of true affection she feels for Naruto.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 05 April 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#109 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

I'm glad so many fans are enjoying this thread. happy.gif

#110 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 5 2013, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad so many fans are enjoying this thread. happy.gif

I think that if any NH/SS fan saw this and took the time to look at every single panel here, they would abandon ship. mwahaha.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#111 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

I don't want to make anyone abandon their ship. I just want to be able to enjoy mine to the fullest. smile.gif

#112 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

omg slex I LOVE YOU!!
This was utterly and completely amazing! I really can't even imagine how much effort ( and time) you've put to make this. I didn't even realize there were so many moments between those two tongue.gif

Looking at all those panels made me see how many panels were dedicated to naruto just thinking of her smile!
sakura cares a lot more about naruto then most fans think, she deserves more credit.

"holding naruto's hand before it was cool" lol so true
the shooting star was definitely one of my favorites. You're right they really did look connected.
And it was a nice reminder when kiba said that she looked determined unlike ino.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to update this once they'll have some timr together again.

#113 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (candycane-chan @ Apr 5 2013, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omg slex I LOVE YOU!!
This was utterly and completely amazing! I really can't even imagine how much effort ( and time) you've put to make this. I didn't even realize there were so many moments between those two tongue.gif

Looking at all those panels made me see how many panels were dedicated to naruto just thinking of her smile!
sakura cares a lot more about naruto then most fans think, she deserves more credit.

"holding naruto's hand before it was cool" lol so true
the shooting star was definitely one of my favorites. You're right they really did look connected.
And it was a nice reminder when kiba said that she looked determined unlike ino.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to update this once they'll have some timr together again.

That brings up a good point.

Slex, just how long did this actually take?

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#114 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Apr 5 2013, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if she tells us we will just feel bad that she did all the work.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#115 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Apr 5 2013, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I worked on collecting panels on and off for two days and only made it to the end of the Chuunin Exams. LOL. After that, I decided to marathon my way through the rest of the series, which I did in a little over 24 hours, and had this thread finished about 2 hours after I was done.

Uploading all of the panels onto photobucket took roughly 45 minutes to do, (there are over 720 images...), and then I had to copy/paste each individual image code.

It was a fun time. laugh.gif

#116 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 5 2013, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I worked on collecting panels on and off for two days and only made it to the end of the Chuunin Exams. LOL. After that, I decided to marathon my way through the rest of the series, which I did in a little over 24 hours, and had this thread finished about 2 hours after I was done.

Uploading all of the panels onto photobucket took roughly 45 minutes to do, (there are over 720 images...), and then I had to copy/paste each individual image code.

Dear god Lauren, thank you. It was time well spent.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#117 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 5 2013, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#118 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (StrikerTheNoble @ Apr 5 2013, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear god Lauren, thank you. It was time well spent.

You're welcome. smile.gif

It's not something I haven't done before. I went through the same process when I made the video version of NaruSaku - The Build Up!, only I had to use fewer panels because back then, Youtube had a 10 minute limit.

At least with this thread, we're able to enjoy all of the panels without them flashing by too quickly (which I was upset about with the video version), and we can get a better understanding of their development together. happy.gif

#119 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Man, it really is hard to think that Part 1 and 2 sakura are the same person laugh.gif

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#120 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 5 2013, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

40283620121415711s.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users