Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

▶EPECHE ▲▲ODE - ▶ELTA ▲▲ACHINE
10/10

Edited by Tauriel, 31 March 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#22 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Amaranthe the Nexus 10/10 truly the best metal album I have ever listen it's melodic the lyrics are solid and the singing is simply amazing Elize Ryd has become among my favorite female singers in metal.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

The soundtrack from the game Journey 9/10

really great instrumental music. I've been listening to it a lot while I draw. My only negative comment is that it can get somewhat simplistic, but I hardly expect much complexity and polish for video game music.

#24 Baiken

Baiken

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Just a college student interested in a few things such as Sakura Haruno, Game of Thrones, Art, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Harry Potter, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Justin Timberlake, Parks and Rec.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Looking at some of the previous posts, it seems a lot of you are into rock and/or metal. I guess you could say the same for me, though I do listen to a handful of other genres occasionally.

Now, I don't always listen to pop, but when I do, it's Justin Timberlake.

FutureSex/LoveSounds 9/10
Probably one of the best pop albums to come out in the 00's, this album is pretty much JT's Thriller.
This album came out in 2006, but if any of these singles were released this year, they'd probably make Top 40.

My Love - First time I heard this, I thought it was pretty...busy. I still think it's a little crazy. Seriously has a lot of layers to it, but I would consider it one of his best songs to this day.

Lovestoned/I Think She Knows Interlude - That interlude, so many feels. Arguably his best song yet. The first time I heard this track; when the second half kicked in, my mind was instantly blown. How it starts off as an r&b and funk sound and transitions into this...alternative rock love song, is just... wow.png https://www.youtube....yasyYrM#t=3m38s

Then there are other hits like What Goes Around.../...Comes Around, Summer Love, and the infamous Sexyback(you'll either love it or hate it). FSLS for, the most part is playable from beginning to the end, there's probably 1-2 to songs I'd skip on the album.

Then there's his latest album that came out, The 20/20 Experience. The singles so far on here aren't as strong as the ones from FSLS, but the album as a whole, imo is better than FSLS. I've only listened to it twice since it came out but I enjoyed, it's a lot more consistent than his previous album. Though you might be turned off by the length of some of the tracks (average length is around 7 minutes for each song). I'm just glad he didn't conform to that EDM bs like some other artists out there. Also Blue Ocean Floor... shamefulcry0js.gif Pretty vivid.

Edited by Baiken, 02 April 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#25 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

This is going to be a Kamelot-centered post.

The Fourth Legacy by Kamelot - 8/10

A great album all around; also contains one of my favorite Kamelot songs (the title track).

Karma by Kamelot - 10/10

I have to say, this album, Epica, and The Black Halo are most definitely the band's best. Every track of this album is gold. The title track is my favorite Kamelot song (and possibly my favorite song in general) and the Elizabeth trilogy is breathtaking, all the way through.

Silverthorn by Kamelot - 9/10

Tommy Karevik is an amazing singer; they couldn't have picked a better replacement for Roy Khan. This album is very atmospheric and handles it well. It has an odd beauty to it, hard to describe. Very replayable as well; after I got it, I had it on almost constant replay for weeks.

With all of this said and done, after hearing what I have from Kamelot, they've become my favorite band. Every one of their songs is great (with the exception of "My Train of Thoughts", which is kinda bland) and their style is consistently breathtaking.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 25 September 2013 - 07:07 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#26 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Demons of the AstroWaste by Unleash the Archers 9.5/10

I can't go a day without listening to some of the songs from this album since I discovered them a couple of months ago. At the time, I was on a female front leading band kick and a suggestion video on youtube lead me to this band. The heavy and melodic style with the female vocals of this band for this album make it awesome.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#27 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire 10/10 Their songs are the story of my life.

#28 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Skillet's Rise. 9/10.

WOW!!!!  I've been waiting for about two years or less to hear new stuff from these guys and I thought waiting that long would lead to disappointment, but nope.  Most of the songs are pretty darn good to listen to.  They decided to integrate more of Jen Ledger's, the drummer, voice where she sang more lead vocals and it is pretty good to hear and molds well with John Copper's voice.

Overall, this is the most enjoyable album I have listened to this year, and I have listened to 7 albums in its entirety, this year (five rock, one hip-hop, and one pop).

Songs to recommend: Rise, American Noise, What I Believe, Salvation, and Not Gonna Die.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#29 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

The Odyssey by Symphony X - 8/10

SymphonyXTheOdyssey.jpg

All songs are consistently well-executed, especially the title track. My highlights are the powerful "Inferno (Unleash the Fire)", the beautiful "Accolade II", and of course the 24 minute-long epic "The Odyssey" (based off of the famous story of the same name).

EDIT: Score changed from 9/10 to 8/10 in retrospect.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 02 April 2014 - 05:39 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:48 AM

zacra I'm happy you have to like Symphony X. I suggest you listen to "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" to this day it remains the band's best album. 

Also listen to "V The New Mythology" good album but the one mentioned above tops it all.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

zacra I'm happy you have to like Symphony X. I suggest you listen to "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" to this day it remains the band's best album. 

Also listen to "V The New Mythology" good album but the one mentioned above tops it all.

I actually have since listened to both, and between the two, I love V far more. V's probably my favorite album of theirs in general now. It just has a flow and unity to it that I can't get enough of.

It seems like our preference on Divine Wings and V is exactly swapped. :lol:

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 02 April 2014 - 05:39 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#32 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Sweet bet you haven't heard their live album" live on the edge of forever"? Also did you hear other groups similar like Sonata Arctica or Amaranthe?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#33 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Beyonce- BEYONCE

Best album by far. 17 songs 17 videos. Inducted in the Guinness World records as fastest selling album on iTunes pushing 1mil in it's first week. Her best album yet in terms of quality and music.

Adele- 21 Needs no explanation.

#34 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

"Kamikakushi" by MergingMoon 10/10

This was a band I discovered after watching Anthony Bourdain's- Parts Unknown Tokyo. Its a rare instance when you almost automatically like a band as soon as you hear them. And for me its a double plus because of a female singer for the band. They have a kind of melodic death metal sound with some electronica mixed in. All this is from a unsigned band in Tokyo.

Here's one of their songs.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#35 Helena

Helena

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, video games...Uh, so many things...

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Well, the last I listened to was Colours in the Dark by Tarja Turunen, the Goddess of Metal  :love:

Rating? Meh... I would say 9/10.

Her previous one was a real masterpiece though

waozuf.jpg

Can't wait!

#36 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

Sweet bet you haven't heard their live album" live on the edge of forever"? Also did you hear other groups similar like Sonata Arctica or Amaranthe?

You're right, I haven't heard that one yet.

I've heard Sonata Arctica's cover of "Still Loving You" by the Scorpions; that's the most I remember consciously hearing from them. I have heard a few of Amaranthe's songs.

AboojTi.gif

#37 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

I'll start with Sonata Arctica: 

Ecliptica (1999) 10/10- their debut album I remember the day a good friend of mine gave me a copy of the album. I was blown away by their fast melodic sound and I was hooked as soon I was done listening to this group from Finland.

Silence(2001) 10/10- follow up album sounding better than their debut. Songs like Weballergy, Black Sheep, San Sebastian, Tallulah and the epic" The Power of One" are worth praise for this album.

Winterhearts Guild(2003) 10/10- in this album my favorite song is in it which is Gravenimage my user name (its base on the song). Aside from that "the Cage" and" Broken" are very good, the album in general is great.

Here you go zacra hope you listen to them.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#38 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues and The Parallax II: Future Sequence by Between the Buried and Me - 10/10

39563_between_the_buried_and_me_the_para  The_Parallax_II_Future_Sequence_-_Betwee

These albums are insane. It's amazing the directions they're able to take and how it all links together. I can't really describe it. The concept is a great one, one that spans some of its roots back to previous songs in their discography. The story centers around two characters, labeled Prospect 1 and Prospect 2, and the common purpose they both share. They are very nearly the same person from different lives and experiences. Hypersleep Dialogues is the opening act with character introduction (or technically re-introduction; the characters were introduced for the first time in some of their earlier songs, as previously mentioned), while Future Sequence contains the bulk of the story. This makes sense, considering Hypersleep Dialogues is only 30 minutes long as opposed to the around 70 minute-long Future Sequence. Don't expect to understand the story upon first listen, though, as there's so much to it that I still am wrapping my head around it. Luckily, the music is great enough to make knowing the story somewhat optional. I must have listened to Future Sequence at least 20-30 times before buying Hypersleep Dialogues and making the effort to learn what the hell was going on.

This is simply some of the best music I've heard yet. Since I find myself at a loss on being able to do justice describing it, here's a taste of it from Future Sequence:

I'll start with Sonata Arctica: 

Ecliptica (1999) 10/10- their debut album I remember the day a good friend of mine gave me a copy of the album. I was blown away by their fast melodic sound and I was hooked as soon I was done listening to this group from Finland.

Silence(2001) 10/10- follow up album sounding better than their debut. Songs like Weballergy, Black Sheep, San Sebastian, Tallulah and the epic" The Power of One" are worth praise for this album.

Winterhearts Guild(2003) 10/10- in this album my favorite song is in it which is Gravenimage my user name (its base on the song). Aside from that "the Cage" and" Broken" are very good, the album in general is great.

Here you go zacra hope you listen to them.

Which album would you recommend listening to first?

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 26 April 2014 - 01:48 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#39 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:31 AM

"Remember Your Color" by Nano

A great live album by this bilingual singer with a powerful voice. My favorite song there is.' Be free with music'. She just has a great voice.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#40 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

I recommend you start with their debut "Ecliptica". Let me know if you're interested in listening to their other albums.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users