181 replies to this topic

#21 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I don't hate hinata, I find her decent, my only problem with her is how for being a minor character with minimal impacts, development, and importance to the story, the majority of the fanbase tries to distort almost anything about her saying she is some kind of goddess to the point she should be the main heroine. Its basically the irrationality her fanbase can bring up time to time.

Hinata has a simple background with struggling for her own families approval, yeah she has her problems but so does everyone else in the series, i just hate how people always bring up the "Hinata struggled in this or that way unlike Sakura, Ino, Kiba," whatever, if anything is true in Naruto at this point, many people have their troubles but with Hinata's background and development, its so easily understandable, she just faints, doubts herself, gets encouragement, wash rinse repeat. 615 changes this a bit but its still minor compared to over developments. All she develops around is Naruto, Naruto, Naruto. For anyone just saying Sakura never changes, well she is not focused Sasuke 100%, one reason people like NaruSaku is not for the pairing, its because of Sakura and her attitude for how it changed towards naruto, mainly in events when she places Naruto above Sasuke and even herself all for Naruto.

When it comes to Hinata, her biggest downfall I just hate when people try to distort are saying she has major roles, she does not. It does not help it when a character not even in 100 chapters in a manga over 600 right now can somehow be considered important and critical.

Part 1, chunin exams, this was her only major role in an arc so far, after neji gets his ass kicked, she goes to the background for the rest of the time.

Part 2, pain with the confession and blocking the fatal blow but then she goes to the background for all purposes AGAIN, and now in the ten tails revival arc, chapter 615.

What I honestly hate most is how many of these fans hate sakura yet she was the one who saved hinata and they act like its nothing...

Anyways yeah, this is it, 1 real role in an arc and the rest are just scattered short moments with very very limited development. Nothing but scattered moments like the reunion on the battlefield, still its limited, just cause she appears and talks does not make development, just cause she is present in the same place does not make development as many think it does. Don't even try saying that the reunion in the Sai and her help in the Itachi Pursuit arc were roles. The Sai arc was just team 8s reintroduction for a short moment and for humor after meeting for the first time in over 2 years. The Itachi pursuit arc had no development for the leaf ninja, save Naruto. That arc was about Sasuke and Itachi, not the leaf ninja. It was also about Jiriaya to another extent. Otherwise, Hinata's overall roles are very very limited.

I would believe she would actually be important if she had a bigger role. Two characters who have bigger roles, Shikamaru and Tsunade. They changed immensely over the course of the series, had screentime for both physical and mental development, had fights to move the story along etc. If kishi gave hinata more time like these 2 I would be more inclined to say she has more importance but she does not. Gaara for only being in a few arcs has had more development than her. Even Bee the newest major character has a bigger role, hinata has been minimal to this all.

Sakura has her flaws but she is one of the most complex characters, being a main character she has had development around both Naruto and Sasuke but also herself, her outlook of initially hating and insulting naruto turned into friendship, she herself has been inspired by him and he was the reason she trained with tsunade, not because of sasuke because of naruto. She saw his pains with Kurama and the akakstui and wanted to do something about it. Sakura is not centered just around team 7 though, Tsunade has been one of her biggest influences and Ino as well beyond just being simple love rivals. Two of the biggest things on Sakura's development are how she feels about Naruto even as just friends she still sees him as a very important, she has close feelings for him but to what extent we don't know right now, possibly her biggest though is wanting to do something of great help for him, she wanted to prove herself useful beyond just training with Tsunade, this is a trait still present on Sakura, she tried again and again to do something to help naruto even at the cost of herself, this ranged from hoping to learn the wood style from yamato to protect naruto from kruama's power, to being so saddened by the pain she caused naruto and trying to free him from the promise, (even though naruto is still doing the promise along with his own reasons it could still be a death sentence and this is why she attempted to free him, but sakura was desperate and hurt and sai said he felt like he pushed her here), even as late as 573, she is resolved to help naruto till the end especially because he was always left to do the big jobs like pain and now the ninja world, she wants to help him more than ever.

Real reason people stick to NaruSaku? Its because they have the most interaction and development together, from the good to the bad and yet Naruto and Sakura still have a close friendship. They have brought happiness, humor, confusion, fear, anger, and hope to each other. They have grown through the good and bad. Their development is like a realistic one, built off the good times and the bad, its at the point they know each other very well. In the same way naruto protects sakura a lot, sakura tried to protect him when it came to the akaksktui. They have had many good times like when the felt they were getting closer to Sasuke and gave each other inspriation for their efforts. They both suffered whenever Sasuke ran away. They both hurt each other in some way yet have been able to forgive each other, Sakura never once though differently of naruto when he struck her in the 4 tailed form she knew this was not naruto, she knew that naruto had a good heart and would not do that, naruto was hurt when he found out sakura would try to kill sasuke, not because she risked dying, naruto could not imagine or live with himself if all his bonds broke right there. Their development reached a point when they felt they didn't even deserve each other, naruto for the promise, sakura for the pain she caused him. Sakura herself was hurt when trying to get naruto off the promise. Even eariler in part 1, sakura still saw naruto as an idiot but was willing to give up on the chunin exam so naruto had a chance to become hokage. This changed after he saved her from gaara and epsically after the promise to get sasuke back. Naruto would ruin his own chances to be with Sakura if it meant getting Sasuke back but he originally for her but he also saw Sasuke as a brother. Even if he got sasuke back, he did it in the hopes that she would notice him in a better light and still be good friends. Obviously this changed a lot due to their time together, they are at the point they are bound to each other with the promise, the promise became something binding all of team 7, not just naruto to do something for sakura, the purpose of it has caused so much development between them and the effort to get sasuke back, thats what is a major driving factor. But its not just the promise, again many other events have had them go into good and bad points and still they come out strong as with their relationship.

I could spend all day talking about this but i think this is enough, Sakura still loves Sasuke but has close feelings and concerns for Naruto, its not impossible for her to change, its not proven that Naruto is over Sakura as many claim (rather there are just too many reasons saying he still loves sakura). Only time will tell, its because if this development was only friendship, well kishi proved he could do the best type of friendship in the series over any romance he could make between any other 2 character.

I'm gonna end it here. this is only a small sample of the overall relation for naruto and sakura.

Edited by Inferno180, 28 March 2013 - 04:04 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#22 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Mar 28 2013, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find her uninteresting. As to this part of her story, it's a diffrent variant of the story told via Naruto, Lee, and probably Chouji. So, I don't think it's unique ir really stands out for me. Lee's just a fun character, so I care about him. I don't care about Chouji, and Naruto's was the first story of that nature and his story has gone beyond just that or his love interest (Sakura). As the main character, that's just part of it. It's kinda of like the flashbacks between Madara and Hashirama now. Kishimoto has gone to that well so many times now, that's kinda....meh.

I have nothing against her personality it's just kinda...ehh.... It doesn't excit me or interest me and I don't want to know more. I used to get irritated at her fandom's refusal to call her shyness the character flaw it is. Her family situation is genuinely interesting, but Kishimoto isn't going to revisit it because it doesn't matter to the plot.

I would tend to agree it probably does not revolve around him, but you wouldn't know it from the way Kishimoto presents her. I think his biggest mistake in her characterization is his steadfast refusal to let her leave Naruto's orbit. If I were a Hinata fan I'd have been pissed with 573. I long argued that her confidence was something she borrows from Naruto and didn't really posses it herself. She depended on him for it. It's better than where she was, but he was still a crutch. It was frustrating to see that even after Pain she is still doing it. At least she acknowledged it, but after the Pain fight, it felt like a massive regression.

Everything she does is centered around Naruto and that is what has opened her to charges of being selfish. I don't agree with the claim because it suggests Kishimoto is subtley craping on his character in moments she is supposed to look strong and I just don't think he's doing that. But when she admits to her own selfishness regarding her decision to jump into the fight and have her thinking about his hand while Naruto's standing up to Obito, I can see why people think that. And that is what I don't get. Kishimoto could have had her simply stated she wanted to help him. It certainly made it look like her primary motiviation for jumping in so she could confess to him. If she doesn't say that, then it looks like a dramatic reveal for a person who think they are certain to die, but that it's not why she chose to jump in the first place.

615 is the same way. After getting him out of his funk, she goes right back to thinking about him while he is standing up to the enemy. Why not have her stand up too? She could have said nothing and come off better. She was leaving his orbit and then gets pulled right back in. I don't get this decision either. It makes her look meek again. 615 was so bad because of how it handled Naruto and what development it did provide was pulled back five seconds later. It was great for pairing fodder and generating fan interest (pairing fodder and Neji), but it was a lousy a piece of writing. Seriously, Obito is making his case that the world sucks by actively making the world suck and he wants people to follow him into his world because, trust him, it won't suck? And Naruto's starting to listen? He must be joking. Anyway, I digress.

I don't think many of the charges of her being selfish or not caring about others are fair, but Kishimoto's as much to blame as anyone for writing her in ways that make her open to such charges. For Gods sakes, she can leave his orbit without losing pairing fodder status.

I think Sakura and Sasuke gets a lot of hate for similar reasons.

I would definitely agree witht he second half of this. Whatever his intent, Kishimoto seems fond of shooting himself in the foot everytime he tries to develop her. Small tweaks in her dialouge would have helped her so much.

I wouldn't personally be interested, but I think she'd come off better and a stronger character if he did.

I think she got the pairing fodder status way much back and srsly i dont see a development of other bonds to her but only Naruto, the war acr is an example of this, before 615 the only development she had was from Naruto with that speech, Ino had to fight her teacher again and also lose her father, Shikamaru too, Chouji only fight his teacher but grown on a way and developed leadership skills i believe that what happened with Chouji should had happened with Hinata it would make her character looks better and not just a character that orbitates around Naruto.
Sai who fought his brother and also learned what friends really are.
And so on..
Hinata's development i dont even know where to start by because the attitude of her jumping to save Naruto comes since the Pain's arc, the only thing that changed is the fact that she thought she was a weakling and then Naruto said that she was strong.
The bond of Hinata/Neji didnt even got developed on war arc which was a mistake of Kishimoto if Neji had to die later at least make Neji say things to her or even better instead of Naruto giving that speech should be Neji but no he put Naruto again meaning that her development is pratically Naruto centered.

I would believe she cares about the others but we have Naruto's and Lee's example who learned lessons and had a development to enforce their beliefs, but different than Hinata, she cried that Neji died but idnt shown on her mind a single flashback of their relationship, nothing looked more like that her family member just died and that's fine she learned anything about his death because all the development she got was from Naruto's speech, a single speech.
She didnt had second thoughts about her beliefs or whatever because she already got her development with Naruto's speech.

Like i said she does have the same nindo of Naruto but never was tested like him, Neji died she didnt wavered for a second only cried for a short amount of time.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 28 March 2013 - 04:12 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#23 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Inferno180 @ Mar 28 2013, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could spend all day talking about this but i think this is enough, Sakura still loves Sasuke but has close feelings and concerns for Naruto, its not impossible for her to change, its not proven that Naruto is over Sakura as many claim (rather there are just too many reasons saying he still loves sakura). Only time will tell, its because if this development was only friendship, well kishi proved he could do the best type of friendship in the series over any romance he could make between any other 2 character.

Bolded: it really winds me up that she ever had feelings for this guy in the furst place. How she can still "love" this guy shocks me to my core. How??? HOW??? it's just confusing the hell out of me.

She has stronger feelings for a guy she "fell in love with" over looks and appearances, he rejects her completely, tries to kill her ...twice, she tries to kill him, tries to kill her friends. Pfft dry.gif

How could they ever build a relationship??

She needs a wake up call and i'm thinking she needs it soon, maybe tsunade will give her it or maybe even Sai or Sasuke himself.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#24 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I like her as a character but things that I dislike her is:
1. stalking Naruto
2. her fans considering her as a goddess of all the Narutoverse
3. overrated
4. being selfish

That's it.

#25 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hinata's Kishimoto and Hinata's Pierrot are two beings distinct and separate... dry.gif
Believe me, I've tried to like Hinata and Naruhina, especially for my health (moving around internet...ARGH!!!).
NIET, NOTHING, NOT, NULLA!!!
I don't like it! Hinata is not as Pierrot has painted her!
To Hinata Naruto is GOD!!! Not a man.
If Naruto was God, ok... But he is NOT!!! wacko.gif

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#26 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (sakutonaru @ Mar 28 2013, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. stalking Naruto
3. overrated
4. being selfish

That's it.

Number 2 and 3 are kinda the same, but both true. Number 4 is true, but her sweetness kinda makes up for it. I like Hinata as a character too, and I really want her to lead her clan. I want her to overcome her shyness in the end and make the Hyuuga clan known worldwide in the ninja world. Hinata is a pretty good character, and I would have no problem with Naruto loving Hinata... if he loved her since episode 3, but sorry that was Sakura. a_thumbs.gif

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 28 March 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#27 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Mar 28 2013, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Number 2 and 3 are kinda the same, but both true. Number 4 is true, but her sweetness kinda makes up for it. I like Hinata as a character too, and I really want her to lead her clan. I want her to overcome her shyness in the end and make the Hyuuga clan known worldwide in the ninja world. Hinata is a pretty good character, and I would have no problem with Naruto loving Hinata... if he loved her since episode 3, but sorry that was Sakura. a_thumbs.gif

Agreed, Hinata is a lovely girl and i hope if she is rejected by Naruto which i think she will be she is treated well.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#28 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Mar 28 2013, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Number 2 and 3 are kinda the same. Number 4 is true, but her sweetness kinda makes up for it. I like Hinata as a character too, and I really want her to lead her clan. I want her to overcome her shyness in the end and make the Hyuuga clan known worldwide in the ninja world. Hinata is a pretty good character, and I would have no problem with Naruto loving Hinata... if he loved her since episode 3, but sorry that was Sakura. a_thumbs.gif

I would have no problems with Naruto loving Hinata if his feelings for her had started developing from the beginning of Part 2, but that was never the case.

That's one of the biggest flaws NH has, Naruto's characterization would go out of wack if he just now in the end started developing feeling for Hinata.

#29 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (sakutonaru @ Mar 28 2013, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. stalking Naruto
3. overrated
4. being selfish
+
Naruto satellite
Not concern about anyone that isn't Naruto.
That's it.

That's about it it's all I can think about Hinata, before I only remember her because of her fans and Pierrot but lately Kishi is shoving her in my face.

#30 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

I agree with you 100% Moriarty. Hinata is human, like all the characters. If she showed a slight hint of selfishness, well then that just means she's what? Human. Plenty of the characters have shown signs of selfishness throughout the manga. But overall, Hinata hasn't been shown in a negative light. Her actions before were seen as cowardly, but it was because of Naruto being her inspiration that she decided she too would try to rise up and be better than what she was.

I love Hinata as a character, she inspires me and I hate seeing her ragged on (sometimes for the most ridiculous and outlandish of reasons) and I don't think it was a far stretch from what Moriarty said about some of the fans of NaruSaku being the one to really speak negatively about her character, though anti-Hinata are the worst. Hinata having Naruto be a part of her character development doesn't at all mean that she hasn't had self-development. Naruto was the inspiration for that development, but it was Hinata who chose to get up and fight Neji. It was Hinata who chose to fight Pain, who was willing to sacrifice her life not once, but twice. It was Hinata who helped Naruto remember Neji's words and fully realize that his life was 'not his own.'

Hinata is kind, selfless and empathetic. She isn't the strongest of kunoichi, but her will is strong and adopting Naruto's nindo of "never going back on ones word" is what helped her persevere and become powerful in her own right. She is unfairly mocked and criticized for saving Naruto from Pain, when she wouldn't have (in all good conscious) been able to sit by and watch the man she loved die or get carried off by the enemy when she could possibly do something about it. Naruto was the one who could help save them anyhow so by putting her life on the line for him I believe helped more than hurt.

Hinata is naturally introverted, but her confidence issues really come from her father putting her down for being a "failure" to the Hyuga, denouncing her title as heiress (which is surely an embarrassing and terrible situation to be in) and leaving her to her sensei, Kurenai like she was nothing. His apathy toward her was what made it worse. He cared not if she died as proven in chapter 78 when he tells Kurenai that he was "unconcerned about the possibility that she would die as the Hyuga clan had no use for a weak successor."

As for her being "shy" I don't think she's really shy so much as quiet. Hinata is only seen as particularly shy when it comes to Naruto, but that's because of her crush on him. What we had witnessed in her earlier years wasn't her shyness (which her father believed was the reason for her lack of confidence) but it was her lack of drive.

She would always cry and give up instead of continuing to push on despite the obstacles, which I believe could be from that intense pressure that must be placed on her young shoulders being the future "heiress" of an important clan. Can you imagine how the Hyuga lifestyle is like? Just by Hiashi, you can tell they are (or were) a strict, stick-in-the-mud, disciplining kind of clan. Hinata is soft, gentle and had a lot of expectation placed upon her since birth. She wasn't delivering like her father wanted so he left. Can you imagine the blow to your confidence that would occur? This isn't just anybody, this is your father calling you useless and not caring if you died. Hinata was bound to suffer confidence issues over that. It was only when she saw Naruto, who despite being bullied and patronized, continued to stand tall as a "Proud Failure" did she finally find the strength within herself to move forward and defying her fate as an eternal failure.

I can understand if someone dislikes her character for legitimate reasons such as "I don't enjoy characters like Hinata: shy-like, quiet, etc. It's legitimate because people might not like characters like that so it's fine. Or if "I don't think she's had as much development as she should've" (personally I think this applies to almost all the rookies).

But stuff like: "she's ugly" "she's fat" "she's selfish" "she's a stalker" (which is overkill and basically bashing)? Saying "her fans this or that" (it's a generalization and hating a character based on the fans is stupid) No.

Like or dislike a character for your reasons and don't let others cloud your opinion on a character), because saying "Hinata doesn't care about anyone but Naruto" is completely ridiculous. Hinata cares about her friends and family just as much as Naruto.

Edited by Pink Chidori, 29 March 2013 - 05:17 AM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

#31 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Pink Chidori @ Mar 29 2013, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you 100% Moriarty. Hinata is human, like all the characters. If she showed a slight hint of selfishness, well then that just means she's what? Human. Plenty of the characters have shown signs of selfishness throughout the manga. But overall, Hinata hasn't been shown in a negative light. Her actions before were seen as cowardly, but it was because of Naruto being her inspiration that she decided she too would try to rise up and be better than what she was.

I love Hinata as a character, she inspires me and I hate seeing her ragged on (sometimes for the most ridiculous and outlandish of reasons) and I don't think it was a far stretch from what Moriarty said about some of the fans of NaruSaku being the one to really speak negatively about her character, though anti-Hinata are the worst. Hinata having Naruto be a part of her character development doesn't at all mean that she hasn't had self-development. Naruto was the inspiration for that development, but it was Hinata who chose to get up and fight Neji. It was Hinata who chose to fight Pain, who was willing to sacrifice her life not once, but twice. It was Hinata who helped Naruto remember Neji's words and fully realize that his life was 'not his own.'

Hinata is kind, selfless and empathetic. She isn't the strongest of kunoichi, but her will is strong and adopting Naruto's nindo of "never going back on ones word" is what helped her persevere and become powerful in her own right. She is unfairly mocked and criticized for saving Naruto from Pain, when she wouldn't have (in all good conscious) been able to sit by and watch the man she loved die or get carried off by the enemy when she could possibly do something about it. Naruto was the one who could help save them anyhow so by putting her life on the line for him I believe helped more than hurt.

Hinata is naturally introverted, but her confidence issues really come from her father putting her down for being a "failure" to the Hyuga, denouncing her title as heiress (which is surely an embarrassing and terrible situation to be in) and leaving her to her sensei, Kurenai like she was nothing. His apathy toward her was what made it worse. He cared not if she died as proven in chapter 78 when he tells Kurenai that he was "unconcerned about the possibility that she would die as the Hyuga clan had no use for a weak successor."

As for her being "shy" I don't think she's really shy so much as quiet. Hinata is only seen as particularly shy when it comes to Naruto, but that's because of her crush on him. What we had witnessed in her earlier years wasn't her shyness (which her father believed was the reason for her lack of confidence) but it was her lack of drive.

She would always cry and give up instead of continuing to push on despite the obstacles, which I believe could be from that intense pressure that must be placed on her young shoulders being the future "heiress" of an important clan. Can you imagine how the Hyuga lifestyle is like? Just by Hiashi, you can tell they are (or were) a strict, stick-in-the-mud, disciplining kind of clan. Hinata is soft, gentle and had a lot of expectation placed upon her since birth. She wasn't delivering like her father wanted so he left. Can you imagine the blow to your confidence that would occur? This isn't just anybody, this is your father calling you useless and not caring if you died. Hinata was bound to suffer confidence issues over that. It was only when she saw Naruto, who despite being bullied and patronized, continued to stand tall as a "Proud Failure" did she finally find the strength within herself to move forward and defying her fate as an eternal failure.

I can understand if someone dislikes her character for legitimate reasons such as "I don't enjoy characters like Hinata: shy-like, quiet, etc. It's legitimate because people might not like characters like that so it's fine. Or if "I don't think she's had as much development as she should've" (personally I think this applies to almost all the rookies).

But stuff like: "she's ugly" "she's fat" "she's selfish" "she's a stalker" (which is overkill and basically bashing)? Saying "her fans this or that" (it's a generalization and hating a character based on the fans is stupid) No.

Like or dislike a character for your reasons and don't let others cloud your opinion on a character), because saying "Hinata doesn't care about anyone but Naruto" is completely ridiculous. Hinata cares about her friends and family just as much as Naruto.

if not for ino i belive sakura get the same confidence issue...

oh i make wrong statement i am sorry ^^

#32 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I saw a giant wall text praising Hinata, nothing new but at the end I felt that the person was making a refusal to what I said.
While we love Naruto and Sakura we don't try to lie about their behavior or flaws and if they do there will always be someone reminding them.
Hinata is shy and sweet that might overshadows her flaws, but in the entire Manga if I'm not mistaking Hinata has only done two things that weren't related to Naruto, ask herself if she should cheer for Kiba or Naruto but later gave him a medicine for him to recover, cry for Neji but 1 minute later fantasizing and how big and manly Naruto hand felt.

Also there was a time when Hinata herself call her self selfish why is so her for her fans to acknowledge what she said about her self, why have a character who has struggles among her family branch, we have a character that saw her cousin exhausted and we have a war that was created to bring peace, tell me when Hinata has thought about any of these stuff? Short answer NEVER.
It's logical to believe she cares about the others the problem here is that apart from those two moment we have not seen anything else for someone who suppose to be sweet and caring unless if people believes that only focusing on the main character excuse her for not thinking about anyone else when she is giving any panel times.

I could go on and list all the moment I felt Hinata was thinking about her self and Naruto while disregarding everyone else but I will stop here since you seems like someone who make up even worst excuses for other characters.

Edited by Don-kun, 29 March 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#33 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Mar 29 2013, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw a giant wall text praising Hinata, nothing new but at the end I felt that the person was making a refusal to what I said.
While we love Naruto and Sakura we don't try to lie about their behavior or flaws and if they do there will always be someone reminding them.

Hinata is shy and sweet that might overshadows her flaws, but in the entire Manga if I'm not mistaking Hinata has only done two things that weren't related to Naruto, ask herself if she should cheer for Kiba or Naruto but later gave him a medicine for him to recover, cry for Neji but 1 minute later fantasizing and how big and manly Naruto hand felt.

Also there was a time when Hinata herself call her self selfish why is so her for her fans to acknowledge what she said about her self, why have a character who has struggles among her family branch, we have a character that saw her cousin exhausted and we have a war that was created to bring peace, tell me when Hinata has thought about any of these stuff? Short answer NEVER.

It's logical to believe she cares about the others the problem here is that apart from those two moment we have not seen anything else for someone who suppose to be sweet and caring unless if people believes that only focusing on the main character excuse her for not thinking about anyone else when she is giving any panel times.

I could go on and list all the moment I felt Hinata was thinking about her self and Naruto while disregarding everyone else but I will stop here since you seems like someone who make up even worst excuses for other characters.

The thing is, while you say others have a wall of text "praising hinata" all I see from your post are criticisms that are unfairly placed on her character. Every character has flaws, Hinata isn't the only one. Naruto showed signs of selfishness back in chapter 3 when he pretended to be Sasuke to try and steal a kiss from Sakura. Sakura showed signs of selfishness as well as Sasuke and many other characters. Hinata having a "selfish" moment isn't a reasonable enough argument to use against her character because it's a human trait that can show up even with the best of people.

I don't lie about Hinata's character, I tell what I see. For everything you say about not "lying" about a character, you sure are quick to put down her actions as "selfish" and paint her as a character who is obsessive and cares for nobody else but Naruto. Hinata being torn between her teammate and Naruto on who to cheer for is a perfect example of her not only caring about Naruto. If she only cared about him, there would have been no hesitation on her part on whether or not she should cheer for either one. She was conflicted because she thought about the feelings of her comrade:

"I want to cheer Naruto on, but Kiba might get upset." Sound like the words of someone who cares only about one person? Doesn't look like it to me. Hinata giving medicine to Naruto later in no way reflects on her being a bad character. In fact, I believe Naruto thanks her for this gesture of care and takes it with a little push from Kurenai. Hinata didn't cheer either one on but silently to save from hurting anyone's feelings. We see on-screen she gave Naruto medicine, what's wrong with that? No more or less helpful than when Naruto jumps in the ring after Hinata had begun to pass out from Neji's attacks.

As for Hinata crying due to Neji, I would have been surprised if she hadn't. Neji is her cousin and like an older brother to her. She cared about him and he died right in front of her. The issue with this is that this was in the middle of a war. There's no time to really grieve, as you saw yourself, only Rock Lee got truly emotional and that's because Lee is an expressive person. You didn't see neither Gai nor Tenten bursting into tears and Neji was their close teammate. That's because as a ninja, you aren't supposed to break down, especially in war. Gai-sensei said this himself. You can die by letting your guard down like that. Yes Hinata shed tears, but that's all she is supposed to do right now.

She's a kunoichi and her job is not to lose focus on what's important. And right now, everyone's life is not their own. If she or anyone else slips up, it could mean danger for everyone. By helping Naruto remember why they are all there and what they are fighting for, she restored faith in not only him, but the entire alliance. How do you think they all felt when their hero looked so defeated right then and there? The tide of war only began to turn after Naruto showed up. To see him look so defeated right there couldn't have helped much. If Hinata had merely stood by and done nothing, she would have looked bad.

Again, you overblow her character as someone who is obsessed. You may not lie about Naruto and Sakura's personality, but you sure seem to have little issue doing that exact thing to Hinata. I like all three of those characters equally, so I have no bias over one or the other in any negative fashion. I, unlike you apparently, understand all of their weaknesses and flaws, but I can appreciate them anyway as the character that they are. Hinata commenting on Naruto's "strong" hand might have been a little off to you, but that's because you're making a mountain out of a molehill. You think because Hinata said that, it means she's just fangirling. In reality, she said "most of all, it makes me feel safe.

Yes, the man she loves is holding her hand. I allow her a moment of shock, but she immediately states that the most important thing about this moment is that Naruto makes her feel safe. Yes, she just gave an inspiring speech, but Hinata did it to help reassure Naruto of what their nindo is and reminding Naruto what they are fighting for. But she is still just one person who is helping the hero regain his own faith. She is clearly scared and worried. This is Naruto. You know, the guy she grew inspiration from for never going back on his word and always trying despite the odds against him? It's not an easy situation to be in and I don't think it's fair to hold something so trivial against her when it doesn't at all reflect negatively on her character. At least not unless you're aiming to hate her, regardless of the ridiculous reasons.

As for Hinata's "selfish" comment? Again, taking it to a level where it shouldn't even be. The irony of Hinata's selfish comment was the fact that she was sacrificing her life to try and save Naruto and thus help the entire village. I don't think it was selfish at all to reveal her love for him, especially in a situation where she is likely to die and thus never again get the chance. While she's sacrificing her life, I think she is entitled to be granted one final wish and that is to reveal her true feelings to the man who inspired her to be who she is today. Hinata saw Neji "exhausted?" I'm sure they're all exhausted. Neji couldn't reach Hinata in time to rotate, it wouldn't have made it. Hinata could only do one thing and that was to jump in front of Naruto to shield him. As a part of the shinobi alliance, it is her duty to help protect her comrades, and Naruto is most important as he is the one who can help them win. Hinata doesn't have to be shown thinking these things. The fact that she's out there risking her life and fighting is enough to show us that she is involved. And because we can't see Hinata thinking about this stuff, that means she's a terrible character? What?

We don't have to see her doing it all the time to know she does. Her being described as kind, sweet, caring and empathetic to others is enough to tell me the kind of person she is. You try to paint her out as someone terrible, when in reality, she is nothing of the sort. You say it's logical to think she is a caring person, yet you go on about how we didn't "see it in panels all the time therefore she doesn't!" nonsense. I can understand if you dislike a character for logical reasons, but yours are nothing of the sort. They fall into the "terrible/skewed" reasons for hating her character. It's obvious you didn't read my post, which shows me that you aren't open to any opinion on her that isn't overall negative. Don-Kun, how about not putting down other people's opinions and labeling them as "someone like this or that" because they don't agree with your skewed opinion about Hinata

Oh and for the record, I personally never even read your post. I read Moriarty's and immediately posted my own opinion about his post.

if not for ino i belive sakura get the same confidence issue...

oh i make wrong statement i am sorry ^^

I do agree with this actually. Sakura had confidence issues as well. Ino was her saving grace and she reached her at a young age, so she definitely helped her out. Though Sakura, like Naruto and Hinata still has issues with their confidence at times.

Edited by Pink Chidori, 29 March 2013 - 04:59 PM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper

#34 Beastbomb

Beastbomb

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Let me put it this way. I was fine with hinata's character until chp 615. What person in their right mind would forget a cousins death that quickly because of your love interest. Up until that point, Hinata's love towards Naruto seem reasonable to me even after I reviewed her confession ( I see her being selfish and caring during th chp, so I'm not really against her for acting rash although she could have actually tried to free Naruto instead of confessing just to get her love off her chest). The speech was ok with me until the point where she completely forgot about Neji just to fangirl about holding Naruto's hand. That's unforgivable and she lost all of my respect towards her after that panel.

#35 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Beastbomb @ Mar 29 2013, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me put it this way. I was fine with hinata's character until chp 615. What person in their right mind would forget a cousins death that quickly because of your love interest. Up until that point, Hinata's love towards Naruto seem reasonable to me even after I reviewed her confession ( I see her being selfish and caring during th chp, so I'm not really against her for acting rash although she could have actually tried to free Naruto instead of confessing just to get her love off her chest). The speech was ok with me until the point where she completely forgot about Neji just to fangirl about holding Naruto's hand. That's unforgivable and she lost all of my respect towards her after that panel.

I don't recall her "forgetting" her cousins death. Let me see here, in chapter 615, when Hinata gave the speech to Naruto, the first thing she said was "Naruto, did you understand the meaning behind Neji nii-sans words?" What was she supposed to do? Sit there while Naruto decides to turn into Obito? No. So she helped him. First by saying this, then she mentions him (Neji) again: "It's because of those words that he (Neji) he was able to come this far." Then again on page 9. "Neji-niisan!" Then again: "If everyone gave up on those words and thoughts...then what Neji-niisan did would become pointless too..."

Half of her speech consisted of Neji. She didn't forget him at all. Her love for him is still reasonable. She wasn't being at all selfish during the confession either, I already discussed this twice in my previous posts: Hinata confessing at that moment is understandable given that she was sacrificing her life and therefore would never have another chance to confess. Again, it's human to do this. I would have done it in her position. What else did she have to lose? If she died, she'd never get Naruto and she knew that. It wasn't about confessing and expecting something out of it. It was about her getting her feelings off her chest for what is very likely the final chance to do so.

Furthermore, the first thing she said when she jumped in was to say "she's just being selfish." Now, Naruto is the one who pressed for more information by stating that he didn't understand what she was talking about and telling her to go back. She then decided to be honest with her reasons by admitting she loves him. She couldn't stand to see someone she loved get hurt like that, and I don't believe for a second anyone who is really in love could do so either.

As for fangirling, again I explained before how wrong that statement is. She felt safe that the man she loved and whose faith she just helped restore is making her feel safe. Remember, this is after her cousin was killed right in front of her and after Madara and Obito just annihilated an entire village (613) with one blow. I'll allow her a bit of shock and feeling of comfort because it's the first time she's had this kind of contact with him and it's a very stressful situation. Again, she's human and I get it. I'd understand if she did nothing but fangirl the whole time and do nothing to help him, but this wasn't the case.

Edited by Pink Chidori, 29 March 2013 - 05:30 PM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper

#36 Beastbomb

Beastbomb

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Pink Chidori @ Mar 29 2013, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't recall her "forgetting" her cousins death. Let me see here, in chapter 615, when Hinata gave the speech to Naruto, the first thing she said was "Naruto, did you understand the meaning behind Neji nii-sans words?" What was she supposed to do? Sit there while Naruto decides to turn into Obito? No. So she helped him. First by saying this, then she mentions him (Neji) again: "It's because of those words that he (Neji) he was able to come this far." Then again on page 9. "Neji-niisan!" Then again: "If everyone gave up on those words and thoughts...then what Neji-niisan did would become pointless too..." Half of her speech consisted of Neji. She didn't forget him at all. Her love for him is still reasonable. She wasn't being at all selfish during the confession either, I already discussed this twice in my previous posts: Hinata confessing at that moment is understandable given that she was sacrificingher life and therefore would never have another chance to confess. Again, it's human to do this. I would have done it in her position. What else did she have to lose? If she died, she'd never get Naruto and she knew that. It wasn't about confessing and expecting something out of it. It was about her getting her feelings off her chest for what is very likely the final chance to do so.

Half of her speech consisted of Neji. She didn't forget him at all. Her love for him is still reasonable. She wasn't being at all selfish during the confession either, I already discussed this twice in my previous posts: Hinata confessing at that moment is understandable given that she was sacrificing her life and therefore would never have another chance to confess. Again, it's human to do this. I would have done it in her position. What else did she have to lose? If she died, she'd never get Naruto and she knew that. It wasn't about confessing and expecting something out of it. It was about her getting her feelings off her chest for what is very likely the final chance to do so

Furthermore, the first thing she said when she jumped in was to say "she's just being selfish." Now, Naruto is the one who pressed for more information by stating that he didn't understand what she was talking about and telling her to go back. She then decided to be honest with her reasons by admitting she loves him. She couldn't stand to see someone she loved get hurt like that, and I don't believe for a second anyone who is really in love could do so either.

As for fangirling, again I explained before how wrong that statement is. She felt safe that the man she loved and whose faith she just helped restore is making her feel safe. I'll allow her a bit of shock because it's the first time she's had this kind of contact with him. Again, she's human and I get it. I'd understand if she did nothing but fangirl the whole time and do nothing to help him, but this wasn't the case.
[/b]

Bolded:Key word.... first half. There are not any flashbacks or thoughts, or even a follow up in other chapters were she contemplates Neji's death. She thinks of him during the speech and then he is completely erased from her mind. There's not a moment after that in any shape or form about her feelings over Neji's death.

I agree that she is the best person to give the speech and that she gave a really good speech. I'm not against her for that at all.

She even admits she is being selfish in chpter 473...
http://narutobase.ne...a/Naruto/437/10

There's not a point in this chapter where she actually tries to free Naruto. I will admit that she did it to protect him aqnd show how much she loves for sure, but she was definatly not thinking straight. She doesn't attempt to free him or anything other than bull rush Pein. Which is practically suicide.
http://narutobase.ne...a/Naruto/437/12

If it were not for Naruto having the Kyuubi inside him, then Hinata would have been just as usefull sitting on the sidelines.

Edited by Beastbomb, 29 March 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#37 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Beastbomb @ Mar 29 2013, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bolded:Key word.... first half. There are not any flashbacks or thoughts, or even a follow up in other chapters were she contemplates Neji's death. She thinks of him during the speech and then he is completely erased from her mind. There's not a moment after that in any shape or form about her feelings over Neji's death.

I agree that she is the best person to give the speech and that she gave a really good speech. I'm not against her for that at all.

She even admits she is being selfish in chpter 473...
http://narutobase.ne...a/Naruto/437/10

There's not a point in this chapter where she actually tries to free Naruto. I will admit that she did it to protect him aqnd show how much she loves for sure, but she was definatly not thinking straight. She doesn't attempt to free him or anything other than bull rush Pein. Which is practically suicide.
http://narutobase.ne...a/Naruto/437/12

If it were not for Naruto having the Kyuubi inside him, then Hinata would have been just as useful sitting on the sidelines.

Not, not key word. Hinata was seeing thinking about Neji and her speech revolved around him and what he'd done. She infused his sacrifice which helped her restore Naruto's faith. In no way does her not thinking of him at every second we hear dialogue from her mean that she doesn't care. Why should she get flashbacks? Most of her development with Neji is basically offscreen. We have an understanding of what she feels for her cousin based on her reaction. If she has to have flashbacks, then by that logic, in order for us to make sure Tenten or Gai cares, they too must have flashbacks.

I don't recall seeing Gai or Tenten's flashbacks, but does that mean they don't care? It's a big stretch to say he is erased from her mind. Just because she has one moment where she isn't seen thinking about Neji, doesn't mean she doesn't care in general. After that scene, it's mostly focused on Naruto giving chakra to others and then fighting. Then, their symbolic bird shape they take also references Neji's death. Tell me again how Hinata is selfish and only thinks about Naruto? (Which really, a selfish person thinks about who? Their self.

Selfish: (of a person, action, or motive) Lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Hinata is neither of these things. Despite the fact that her love confession she regarded as selfish, it's not really all that selfish considering that her confession wasn't with the intention of receiving love back, seeing as she was (as you said yourself) jumping into a 'suicidal situation' means she understands she will not make it out alive, therefore she isn't doing it out of expectancy of anything from Naruto, nor is she thinking only of herself as she is willing to sacrifice her life for the one she loves. Which is what? A selfless action.

Yes she does, but again having a selfish moment is not a reason to hate her as all characters have their selfish tendencies and it's what makes them human. Hinata said she was being selfish in that moment, not that she's generally selfish. She did her best against hard odds and I commend her for it. I didn't see anybody else out there trying to help. Yes he said stay back but fact of the matter is, Naruto was trapped, had no means of escaping from the looks of it, and was the only one who could help them defeat Pain. She had to do something. Based on the reactions later, apparently it didn't draw any negative feedback. Naruto in fact, comments that "she is strong" and "don't get down on herself" for it. Doesn't sound like she caused any bother.

Being a kunoichi is practically suicide in itself. Going into a war with people who can destroy countries in seconds is practically suicide. Just because something is dangerous or looks bad, doesn't mean you should chicken out and do nothing. This was precisely Hinata's issue in the beginning. She'd always run away and give up. If people in this show just gave up all the time, they'd get nowhere. If Hinata didn't help, Naruto might have very well have been killed. What's worse: jumping in to protect someone you love, knowing you can do something to help, even if it's just a little, or sitting back and doing absolutely nothing as the man you love is dragged off to his death?

But Naruto does have the kyuubi in him, and it getting into enemy hands is not acceptable. Which makes the difference.

Edited by Pink Chidori, 29 March 2013 - 06:30 PM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper

#38 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Pink Chidori @ Mar 29 2013, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why should she get flashbacks? Most of her development with Neji is basically offscreen. We have an understanding of what she feels for her cousin based on her reaction. If she has to have flashbacks, then by that logic, in order for us to make sure Tenten or Gai cares, they too must have flashbacks. It's a big stretch to say he is erased from her mind. Just because she has one moment where she isn't seen thinking about Neji, doesn't mean she doesn't care in general. After that scene, it's mostly focused on Naruto giving chakra to others and then fighting. Then, their symbolic bird shape they take also references Neji's death. Tell me again how Hinata is selfish and only thinks about Naruto? (Which really, a selfish person thinks about who? Their self.

Selfish: (of a person, action, or motive) Lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Hinata is neither of these things. Despite the fact that her love confession she regarded as selfish, it's not really all that selfish considering that her confession wasn't with the intention of receiving love back, seeing as she was (as you said yourself) jumping into a 'suicidal situation' means she understands she will not make it out alive, therefore she isn't doing it out of expectancy of anything from Naruto, nor is she thinking only of herself as she is protecting the one she loves, a [i
selfless[/i] action.

Yes she does, but again having a selfish moment is not a reason to hate her as all characters have their selfish tendencies and it's what makes them human. Hinata said she was being selfish in that moment, not that she's generally selfish. She did her best against hard odds and I commend her for it. I didn't see anybody else out there trying to help. Yes he said stay back but fact of the matter is, Naruto was trapped, had no means of escaping from the looks of it, and was the only one who could help them defeat Pain. She had to do something. Based on the reactions later, apparently it didn't draw any negative feedback. Naruto in fact, comments that "she is strong" and "don't get down on herself" for it. Doesn't sound like she caused any bother.

Being a kunoichi is practically suicide in itself. Going into a war with people who can destroy countries in seconds is practically suicide. Just because something is dangerous or looks bad, doesn't mean you should chicken out and do nothing. This was precisely Hinata's issue in the beginning. She'd always run away and give up. If people in this show just gave up all the time, they'd get nowhere. If Hinata didn't help, Naruto might have very well have been killed. What's worse: jumping in to protect someone you love, knowing you can do something to help, even if it's just a little, or sitting back and doing absolutely nothing as the man you love is dragged off to his death?

But Naruto does have the kyuubi in him, and it getting into enemy hands is not acceptable. Which makes the difference.

To show that Naruto is not the center of her attention and there is other people, i know you're not going to accept this but Neji wasnt special to her, flashbacks could be an ultimate prove that she really cares about other people, she would get over her "one-dimensional" when Naruto give the speech to Lee she was nowhere to be seen, despite being on that scene, she didnt get a development on Neji's death what she get was acknowlegment along with Neji.
Also despite her trying to protect Naruto, i dont see her trying to protect Neji on the war arc or look for each other, there's no development "offscreen" the only bond Hinata had with Neji was the fact that she was his cousin they seemed only as friends and nothing else.
She's selfish and even on that moment the first part that she make "thoughts" was a comment about Naruto's hand when she should think about Neji like Naruto did, on his mind he also thanked Neji for being at his side with the "also Neji, thanks to you too".

THe reason to hate her is the fact that she puts Naruto above everything else, unlike Naruto does, even Obito did before his downfall and Minato.
*Now going to go back to Unreal Development Kit and update my developer's diary*

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 29 March 2013 - 06:31 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#39 Beastbomb

Beastbomb

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 29 2013, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To show that Naruto is not the center of her attention and there is other people, i know you're not going to accept this but Neji wasnt special to her, flashbacks could be an ultimate prove that she really cares about other people, she would get over her "one-dimensional" when Naruto give the speech to Lee she was nowhere to be seen, despite being on that scene, she didnt get a development on Neji's death what she get was acknowlegment along with Neji.
Also despite her trying to protect Naruto, i dont see her trying to protect Neji on the war arc or look for each other, there's no development "offscreen" the only bond Hinata had with Neji was the fact that she was his cousin they seemed only as friends and nothing else.
She's selfish and even on that moment the first part that she make "thoughts" was a comment about Naruto's hand when she should think about Neji like Naruto did, on his mind he also thanked Neji for being at his side with the "also Neji, thanks to you too".

THe reason to hate her is the fact that she puts Naruto above everything else, unlike Naruto does, even Obito did before his downfall and Minato.
*Now going to go back to Unreal Development Kit and update my developer's diary*

Beat me to, sums up my feelings about 615. Good post.

Yeah, it was very selfish. "Hey Naruto, you're pinned to the ground with metal rods sticking out of your body. Must be painful, but i'm going to try and be usefull by attacking Pein and leaving you there. Watch me Naruto as i admit my love to you by going on a sucide run. You were about to die so I might as well admit my love to you because I'm about to die now anyways."

...Striker may kill me for that..... sweatdrop.gif

There has never been a panel in the manga where any of the Rookie9 besides Sakura and Sasuke who know about Naruto's Kyuubi. She clearly had no idea why Pein was attacking the village. All she knew is that Naruto was Pein's target and she had to confess her love before she lost him forever.

Edited by Beastbomb, 29 March 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#40 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 29 2013, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't need to see flashbacks of Kiba, Kurenai, Shino and her sister to know that she cares about them. I don't need flashbacks to know Naruto cares about his friends. I don't need flashbacks to know these things because I can tell by the actions and words of the characters. You can't expect their feelings to be spelled out the entirety of the way. Sometimes, you just need to look and see for yourself. Flashbacks are not ultimate proof of care. The actions and words you present involving the characters let it be known. Hinata cried when Neji died. She looked absolutely heartbroken. Hinata cares about Neji and it's clear to me, flashbacks or no. By that logic, to make sure Neji gave a kitten about Hinata, we should have gotten flashbacks on all the times he had with her. To make sure Iruka really cares about Naruto, how about them flashbacks of them? I haven't seen him getting flashbacks with Naruto lately, guess that means he doesn't care right?

And when's the last time we saw Sakura with flashbacks of Naruto? Guess she doesn't care either. To me, Hinata isn't one dimensional. Kishi could have improved her a bit (but I say that with almost all the rookies in general).

What speech to Lee? You'll have to remind me. You didn't see her protecting Neji? I quite recall her protecting him from a Zetsu that he was having trouble with. They had each others backs as Hiashi himself stated to his brother Hizashi that there was no such fate for the branch house anymore, and that Neji and Hinata were on the battlefield fighting alongside one another to prove that, not as branch house and main house members, but as two comrades protecting one another.

The only bond Hinata had with Neji was a comrade and friend? That's a bond then. She also has bonds with Shino, Kiba, Kurenai and Naruto. Again, Hinata thought about Naruto's hand as big and strong is a moment I can let slide due to the difficulty of the situation, the pain she just experienced, and the fact that the man she loves is holding her hand for the first time. Still, doesn't negate the fact that her speech centered around Neji's sacrifice and that she does in fact, care about others besides Naruto.

Hinata doesn't put her love for Naruto above everything else. She puts his safety above her own, which is selfless and brave of her, especially since he's the only one who can stop Madara and Obito. Hinata is very different from Obito, I even think I had this argument before with someone else, but all I have to say about that is, Obito and Hinata are far too different to even be compared. It's like apples with carrots.

Edited by Pink Chidori, 29 March 2013 - 06:49 PM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users