#1 Moriarty

Moriarty

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Movies, T.V Series, Books, CD

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

I like Hinata, I like her progress. She started out as this quiet little kid who barely socialized with anyone. Had terrible self-esteem in a position with a lot of stress and pressure. She drew inspiration from others constantly reevaluating who she is. She slowly became stronger, mentally and physically. She sympathized and empathized with other characters and their struggles. She is a great female character that I can relate to and I love being able to relate to her. She doesn't close herself in a box, she sees what is ahead of her and works for it.

For me, jumping in to defend Naruto was a great example of her strength. She knew she was nowhere near as strong as the enemy but still went in. Out of love, she jumped in there, she was declaring(not just verbally) that she was part of the war, and a comrade to Naruto, he wasn't alone.

Naruto may have been a stronger influence on Hinata but her world doesn't revolve around him. The group of people she cares for isn't limited to just Naruto. When Neji died, I'm sure she gave a cr*p load. Since Neji is like her brother.
Hinata may have only had a second to mourn for Neji when Naruto may have needed the comfort. Considering that Naruto is what makes the war even remotely fair, she was protecting Naruto and everyone else that relied on him. This was a war that meant that their lives belong to each other. (everyone to everyone, back to back)

I disagree with how she is perceived as selfish or annoying or in the way, etc. Everyone of those characters have selfish aspects to their characters, showing a bit doesn't make her terrible.
Though honestly I feel she gets all the hate because she is the opposition to the Naru/Saku pairing, other than her actions and motivations for doing things.

What do you gals/guys think?

Fornication Under the Command of the King.

"No Rush"

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

She's too much centered on Naruto which reminds about Sakura on part 1(which i hated), put Naruto above everything else and her own clan, Neji died because of her reckless move, also during the whole arc surrounded by enemies all the quotes and her thoughts were something regarded to Naruto it's not hate or whatever.
Hinata is just a side and a satellite character who has no reason other than Naruto.
Not just the war arc but the whole part 2.

QUOTE (Moriarty @ Mar 27 2013, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like Hinata, I like her progress. She started out as this quiet little kid who barely socialized with anyone. Had terrible self-esteem in a position with a lot of stress and pressure. She drew inspiration from others constantly reevaluating who she is. She slowly became stronger, mentally and physically. She sympathized and empathized with other characters and their struggles. She is a great female character that I can relate to and I love being able to relate to her. She doesn't close herself in a box, she sees what is ahead of her and works for it.

For me, jumping in to defend Naruto was a great example of her strength. She knew she was nowhere near as strong as the enemy but still went in. Out of love, she jumped in there, she was declaring(not just verbally) that she was part of the war, and a comrade to Naruto, he wasn't alone.

Naruto may have been a stronger influence on Hinata but her world doesn't revolve around him. The group of people she cares for isn't limited to just Naruto. When Neji died, I'm sure she gave a cr*p load. Since Neji is like her brother.
Hinata may have only had a second to mourn for Neji when Naruto may have needed the comfort. Considering that Naruto is what makes the war even remotely fair, she was protecting Naruto and everyone else that relied on him. This was a war that meant that their lives belong to each other. (everyone to everyone, back to back)

I disagree with how she is perceived as selfish or annoying or in the way, etc. Everyone of those characters have selfish aspects to their characters, showing a bit doesn't make her terrible.
Though honestly I feel she gets all the hate because she is the opposition to the Naru/Saku pairing, other than her actions and motivations for doing things.

She does not have dreams or desires of her own to make her to distinguise than a mere sattelite character that's all.
Her clan struggle with a stuff with the main and second branch family and i dont see her having a desire to fix it, i would like her character if she wasnt Naruto centric.

About the bolded one i feel that we are reading different mangas the entire part 2 was of her thinking about Naruto the only panel that showed her doing otherwise was when she talked to that random ninja of her clan.
Which wanst nothing of important at all, she should be leading her clan into battle but the one who was doing that was Neji and later a guy that was introduced to the series.

Second bolded this is a personal statement i find her selfish and annoying and i have reasons to back up, i dont see her s an obstacle for NaruSaku because she wasnt showed like that and even her confession didnt had an effect on Naruto but i find her annyoing because she's only "Naruto-kun" all the time her clan into battle and struggling and she thinking about Naruto, she arrives on the battlefield sees Kakashi and Gai obviously in need of help and her first concern is Naruto.
and moreover the selfish thing she was selfish on her sacrifice attempt and even on the second one until Neji said she did that because of friendship and everyone would do the same, destroying all the claims that Naruto would be selfish if he rejects her, NaruHina died on 615.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 28 March 2013 - 02:06 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

I don't hate Hinata because of my pairing of choice. My dislike for her is unrelated to that, but it has something to do with her non-existent Hyuuga pride and love for Naruto. This is my opinion, you don't need to defend her, do as you please though. I'm just answering your question.

First of, she has Naruto in her mind 24/7. She's a character that can't focus on her duty. Then there is the confession.
- She confessed to lift her burden off her own chest(quite the opposite of Sakura's confession, which is why I prefer hers. She did it to lift his burden off his chest.) Her feelings for Naruto was buried inside of her, and when she was about to die she decided this was her last chance. This was the last time she would ever speak to Naruto. She would only dare to confess because she would never have to face him again(or so she thought). Her confession was not of benefit for Naruto, quite the opposite. He's tied up, she tells him she loves him and plans to die for him. (Unless she thought she could survive against Pain.) She could've just said "Take me instead" or "Take me with him". Even before she interfered, she spied on him with her Byakugan for quite a while. People were injured, broken legs and dead people all around her, but she just stood there and was all about him.
- During an encounter with Tobi, Naruto's attack fails and he falls into the water. Hinata shouts out his name in fear, despite that he's not injured. The same thing happens to Kiba, she doesn't even react. Even Sakura has to reassure her that Naruto's fine, because she knows that it takes more to beat him down.
- Hinata thought of Naruto's warm hand with the most powerful monster in their world in front of her. She feels safe - on a battlefield, her cousin just died. She might be next..
Lastly, she's still doubting herself. I didn't like that Hinata had to boost her confidence again, this time in the middle of a war.

I saw great potential in her character in part 1, her fight with Neji for instance. I was looking forward to the day she stopped fainting or stuttering. What I wanted Hinata to do was to be a strong independent woman who can take care of her clan. She hasn't even mentioned something like that, she's all about Naruto. He's her only dimension in her character. Of course she cares about more people than him, but when Naruto is in danger, he's all she can think about. Many people died in the Pain arc, Naruto was in trouble too. The reason she could cry for Neji was because Naruto was safe.

Btw, if you're going to argue against me, please back it up with reasoning and manga evidence instead of trying to make me see what you see.

Edited by sushi., 28 March 2013 - 02:07 AM.

ナルサク

#4 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 27 2013, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's too much centered on Naruto which reminds about Sakura on part 1(which i hated), put Naruto above everything else and her own clan, Neji died because of her reckless move, also during the whole arc surrounded by enemies all the quotes and her thoughts were something regarded to Naruto it's not hate or whatever.
Hinata is just a side and a satellite character who has no reason other than Naruto.

She does not have dreams or desires of her own to make her to distinguise than a mere sattelite character that's all.
Her clan struggle with a stuff with the main and second branch family and i dont see her having a desire to fix it, i would like her character if she wasnt Naruto centric.

^ This right here, I completely agree. I also want to add that after much thought I've realized that I don't like Hinata not for her character but how Kishi has handled her. If she was meant to play such a big part in the war then her character should have been more emphasize in the first part of Naruto. Instead she had her part in the chunnin exams and some fillers, that's it, and that's in the anime. In the manga we don't see her at until after the time skip. It's like Kishi decided to have her replace Sakura in key parts of the story, even after he's built up Sakura and Naruto's relationship. I think that Kishi should have just made up his mind earlier on who he wanted Naruto to be with instead of jumping back and forth :/

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#5 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

she's cool....though sometimes I think she focuses a little to much one naruto.

I mean naruto loves sakura and thats not what he talks/thinks about every time he's shown

and sakura loves/loved sasuke and thats not what she thinks about all the time

even lee who loves sakura doesn't think of her every second.

I just wish hinata thought about the hyuuga clan more...since she is gonna be the next head in all XD

she seems like pairing fodder to me right now....(sad to say sad.gif )

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#6 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Mar 27 2013, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't hate Hinata because of my pairing of choice. My dislike for her is unrelated to that, but it has something to do with her non-existent Hyuuga pride and love for Naruto. This is my opinion, you don't need to defend her, do as you please though. I'm just answering your question.

First of, she has Naruto in her mind 24/7. She's a character that can't focus on her duty. Then there is the confession.
- She confessed to lift her burden off her own chest(quite the opposite of Sakura's confession, which is why I prefer hers. She did it to lift his burden off his chest.) Her feelings for Naruto was buried inside of her, and when she was about to die she decided this was her last chance. This was the last time she would ever speak to Naruto. She would only dare to confess because she would never have to face him again(or so she thought). Her confession was not of benefit for Naruto, quite the opposite. He's tied up, she tells him she loves him and plans to die for him. (Unless she thought she could survive against Pain.) She could've just said "Take me instead" or "Take me with him". Even before she interfered, she spied on him with her Byakugan for quite a while. People were injured, broken legs and dead people all around her, but she just stood there and was all about him.
- During an encounter with Tobi, Naruto's attack fails and he falls into the water. Hinata shouts out his name in fear, despite that he's not injured. The same thing happens to Kiba, she doesn't even react. Even Sakura has to reassure her that Naruto's fine, because she knows that it takes more to beat him down.
- Hinata thought of Naruto's warm hand with the most powerful monster in their world in front of her. She feels safe - on a battlefield, her cousin just died. She might be next..
Lastly, she's still doubting herself. I didn't like that Hinata had to boost her confidence again, this time in the middle of a war.

I saw great potential in her character in part 1, her fight with Neji for instance. I was looking forward to the day she stopped fainting or stuttering. What I wanted Hinata to do was to be a strong independent woman who can take care of her clan. She hasn't even mentioned something like that, she's all about Naruto. He's her only dimension in her character. Of course she cares about more people than him, but when Naruto is in danger, he's all she can think about. Many people died in the Pain arc, Naruto was in trouble too. The reason she could cry for Neji was because Naruto was safe.

Btw, if you're going to argue against me, please back it up with reasoning and manga evidence instead of trying to make me see what you see.

i'm not even going to say that she didnt even tried to take out the rods which were imprisoning Naruto. Oh Wait.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 28 March 2013 - 02:11 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#7 FrenchMyToast

FrenchMyToast

NaruSaku

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Naruto, Fanfiction, NS Forums

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

When it comes to fictional characters, I almost never hate them. That's one of the reason I'm baffled with all the Sakura hate. They just hate to hate. I either like them or I'm neutral towards them. With Hinata, I'm more neutral than anything. It's true, she has come a long way from that shy and "weird" girl, but I constantly get frustrated by the fact that many people put her on a pedestal that Sakura can't reach. They both have their faults. And that's what makes them interesting characters.

About that whole "only caring for Naruto" thing. She obviously cares for others, but I think what frustrates so many people (including me), is that way too much of her focus is placed on Naruto, while it should be on other matters like eventually becoming the clan head and becoming a stronger person for herself and not just for "Naruto-kun." Like let's be completely honest here. She could've mourned Neji a bit more. I get that her character is essentially based on Naruto. Her nindo and inspiration all came from Naruto, and her love for him is what's keeping her somewhat relevant to the plot, but she can be so much more than just a tool for romance in this story. It's unfortunate how much potential is being wasted. Though I could say the same for pretty much any female character in the series. dry.gif

And I may be biased because I have had some bad experiences with Hinata fans. Oddly enough, I never get to meet the nice and polite ones. On another forum I use, I have to deal with things like "OMG! Sakura is useless and Hinata is a waaay better heroine!" or just over the top theories like "Hinata will seal the Juubi and get the Rinnegan." But like in any fandom, there are good fans, and bad ones. happy.gif

tumblr_inline_miqr434aWD1qz4rgp.gif

NaruSaku - Because development doesn't lie. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers - Pittsburgh Steelers - San Francisco Giants

#8 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

okey 1st thing i dont hate hinata as a character she is a good and devloped character. but her selfish love force me to hate her. she always looks at her love for naruto but she never tries to understand narutns feeling.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#9 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (FrenchMyToast @ Mar 27 2013, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When it comes to fictional characters, I almost never hate them. That's one of the reason I'm baffled with all the Sakura hate. They just hate to hate. I either like them or I'm neutral towards them. With Hinata, I'm more neutral than anything. It's true, she has come a long way from that shy and "weird" girl, but I constantly get frustrated by the fact that many people put her on a pedestal that Sakura can't reach. They both have their faults. And that's what makes them interesting characters.

About that whole "only caring for Naruto" thing. She obviously cares for others, but I think what frustrates so many people (including me), is that way too much of her focus is placed on Naruto, while it should be on other matters like eventually becoming the clan head and becoming a stronger person for herself and not just for "Naruto-kun." Like let's be completely honest here. She could've mourned Neji a bit more. I get that her character is essentially based on Naruto. Her nindo and inspiration all came from Naruto, and her love for him is what's keeping her somewhat relevant to the plot, but she can be so much more than just a tool for romance in this story. It's unfortunate how much potential is being wasted. Though I could say the same for pretty much any female character in the series. dry.gif

And I may be biased because I have had some bad experiences with Hinata fans. Oddly enough, I never get to meet the nice and polite ones. On another forum I use, I have to deal with things like "OMG! Sakura is useless and Hinata is a waaay better heroine!" or just over the top theories like "Hinata will seal the Juubi and get the Rinnegan." But like in any fandom, there are good fans, and bad ones. happy.gif

On another forum that i use i have to deal with things like "Naruto? Reading Naruto, 2013 almost 2014", "stop reading shounenkitten", "here comes NH vs NS", "User has been banned for this post".

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 28 March 2013 - 02:27 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#10 CynMichi

CynMichi

Acolyte of The Many-Faced God

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga ^_^ Reading, baking, and sword collecting!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (Moriarty @ Mar 27 2013, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like Hinata, I like her progress. She started out as this quiet little kid who barely socialized with anyone. Had terrible self-esteem in a position with a lot of stress and pressure. She drew inspiration from others constantly reevaluating who she is. She slowly became stronger, mentally and physically. She sympathized and empathized with other characters and their struggles.She is a great female character that I can relate to and I love being able to relate to her. She doesn't close herself in a box, she sees what is ahead of her and works for it.

Ok for the bolded I agree, in fact her character shares a lot of similarity with Sakura's they just went in two opposite directions. Hinata is quiet and more polite while Sakura is loud and well...violent.
The greatest mistake Kishimoto has made with her character is putting so much emphasis on Naruto and having most of her goals having to do with him. It makes her character seem one dimensional. I think she probably wants Neji and her clan to acknowledge her as a capable ninja but little about her feelings on this matter are put forth in the manga. Instead most of her panel time centers on her feelings toward Naruto ....or wanting to develop into this confident person so she can be noticed by him. She is worth more then this! She should want to change only for herself not for others. I for one would like to see her own her father in a fight.

As for the Neji thing ....I'm sure she felt sadness but it didn't come across because the focus turned straight to romantic feelings that were awkward and inappropriate for the setting. To be honest I don't think her thought process included all the people relying on Naruto I think she was focused on him alone...she loves him and we know this.

I don't speak for all but I dislike the way her character is portrayed ...maybe there is more to her but her presence in the manga is pretty limited so when one character aspect is all that's presented that's all you have to go on. I don't think she is a knowingly selfish character it just appears that way when all else is set aside for her feelings for Naruto.

The animosity toward her character here is obviously attributed to the fact that your in a narusaku fan forum. In general though I think you'll find many folks that enjoy her character just not as a pairing choice. smile.gif

#11 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

I would probably like Hinata if Kishi hadn't made her so romance centered. I'm worried Sakura will suffer the same fate.

In part 1 (and onwards), I thought Kishi was going to do a lot more with her and her clan. It seemed to me that the point of her character was the gain recognition, especially from her father, and become strong enough to be recognized as a good leader. I also thought that she would take the initiative on getting some of the old clan ways changed for the better (but then again, Naruto told her he would do it, but wouldn't it be better if she did it herself? :/)

Now a days, she literally has nothing going for her other than her borderline obsessive love for Naruto. Maybe it's too much to ask, but I want more characters like Tsunade and Chiyo, heck, even Shizune. Sure, sometimes we don't know very much about their goals and their lives, but when someone thinks of their characters, they don't think "Naruto" or -insert romantic interest-.

Whenever Hinata pops into a panel, there is a 100% chance she'll be thinking about Naruto or doubting herself again and needing more encouragement. It was really pathetic. Maybe 615 is a change for the better, but as evident by the very end of the chapter, Kishi still has her set to be nothing more than romance.

It's too late for my opinion to change on her, it's too late for her to change. It would be too sudden, can anyone have honestly expected that Hinata would have slapped Naruto at that moment? There was never any hint that she had built up that amount of courage. I guess her monologue "I'll hold your hand' was enough for Kishi, but it's still too sudden for me I guess. It should have happened way earlier in the manga. If Kishi wanted her to be more important, he should have stopped writing about emo-Sasuke and focused on other characters.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#12 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

I honestly do like Hinata. She is kind, has her friends' backs, and truly wants nothing but good things for Naruto. That being said, I think she is too focused on Naruto. During the war, we don't see her worrying about her teammates, family, village or the shinobi world in general. This makes her very one-dimensional in my eyes despite her development.

p.s. my 300th post woo-hoo!

Edited by sardns, 28 March 2013 - 02:53 AM.

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 27 2013, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

About the bolded one i feel that we are reading different mangas the entire part 2 was of her thinking about Naruto the only panel that showed her doing otherwise was when she talked to that random ninja of her clan.
Which wanst nothing of important at all, she should be leading her clan into battle but the one who was doing that was Neji and later a guy that was introduced to the series.

Second bolded this is a personal statement i find her selfish and annoying and i have reasons to back up, i dont see her s an obstacle for NaruSaku because she wasnt showed like that and even her confession didnt had an effect on Naruto but i find her annyoing because she's only "Naruto-kun" all the time her clan into battle and struggling and she thinking about Naruto, she arrives on the battlefield sees Kakashi and Gai obviously in need of help and her first concern is Naruto.
and moreover the selfish thing she was selfish on her sacrifice attempt and even on the second one until Neji said she did that because of friendship and everyone would do the same, destroying all the claims that Naruto would be selfish if he rejects her, NaruHina died on 615.

This^ just this I have to completely agree with this. I didn't had a problem with Hinata in fact I like her as a character in which she has a lot of development to become a very interesting yet amazing character. But that didn't happen nope, the opposite did and it has lifted my hopes up thinking she will develop to someone better. Don't blame me for thinking negative about her if you want to blame someone then blame Kishimoto. He's the one who has destroyed her character turning her into self centered Naruto fan girl (yes I mean it). To her Naruto is the air she breathes if he's gone then she will be done, no relevance, no point for her to even exist in the story. It's all about Naruto and she could care less about everyone else as long as he's okay (this is just selfish even more selfish than part 1 Sakura). The entire shinobi nations can be destroy and everyone will die and she could care less as long as Naruto is alive that's all that matters to her. Again don't blame me for acting like this I have seen enough from reading the manga and seeing where her character is going especially after Neji died and she was one minute she was in tears because of his death, and the next she's all" whoa Naruto-kun's hand is so strong it makes me feel comfortable and huh who the f*** is Neji?" Just like that she forgets her cousin is lying next to her DEAD it's like she's a terrible actress that can't memorize her lines from her script and she's just reading from it. I apologize if I have gotten to a point of bashing I'm just frustrated why how bad her character took a turn for the worse.

I use to believe her character was all about overcoming obstacles achieving the impossible through Naruto's actions and achievements enough to inspire her. That later in the story she will change herself for the better and become someone who will not be shy to face things head on without looking back, not giving up and nothing but pure determination. She will become the head of the Hyuuga clan and find a way to solve the feud between the main and second branch creating a treaty similar to the Senju and Uchiha. She will be an independent person who will not be afraid to speak her mind and not letting others think for her. I honestly believe Hinata will be the symbol to bring hope and peace to the Hyuuga clan (apparently I was so wrong because she looks like she could care less about the future of her own clan because remember the only thing she has in her head is Naruto). If Kishimoto was planning to let Hinata stay the same then I feel sorry for her character but then again the protagonist is Naruto and the only thing that matters in the story is him achieving his dreams and goals, Hinata is just a side character who is not important or doesn't contribute a thing to the plot. So thank you Kishimoto for ruining her character and making me dislike her, another reason to dislike her is her fandom (please I don't even want to go there). I really like Hinata but her potential was destroy guess the only thing left to do is accept it and move on *sighs*.

Edited by Gravenimage, 28 March 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

decent character
another shy girl who love main character in secret who not so shy anymore which is good but overrate and overhype.

overrate by fan

overhype by her few apparence. if she has more apparence she will get kishi treatment.

oh btw i don't hate her, i like her boob

#15 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

A character that could have been great, but was heavily mistreated by her author (and ultimately misinterpreted by many fans).

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 28 March 2013 - 07:25 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#16 Awes9

Awes9

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

She's a boring, flat, one dimensional and obsessed character. I see little to no appeal to her character. She has no goal outside of Naruto, everytime she appears it's all about Naruto, no depth just Naruto and her love for him.
She had potential in part 1 but it all went down the drain. I really hope her development is finished and we can concentrate on more appealing characters like Lee or Sai.

#17 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 28 2013, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (sushi. @ Mar 28 2013, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 28 2013, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she's cool....though sometimes I think she focuses a little to much one naruto.

I mean naruto loves sakura and thats not what he talks/thinks about every time he's shown

and sakura loves/loved sasuke and thats not what she thinks about all the time

even lee who loves sakura doesn't think of her every second.

I just wish hinata thought about the hyuuga clan more...since she is gonna be the next head in all XD

she seems like pairing fodder to me right now....(sad to say sad.gif )

These points are exactly what i would say about Hinata. It's a real shame she could of been much more then just romance orientated, but it pretty much is Naruto-kun, Naruto-kun, Naruto-kun all the time.

She couldn't care less what was happening around her just what Naruto is doing. It's so similar to Sakura with Sasuke part 1.

Just a shame really sleep.gif

40283620121415711s.jpg

#18 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 28 2013, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This!!!!^^

I agree completely, hinatas character is just so bland, it had the potential in the chunin exams arc, even the beginning of part two, but I guess kishi really just doesn't give a ship about hinatas character, meh she's really nithing to the story anyway.I dont hate hinata, I just dislike her, not because I ship NS, but I just dislike it, its just too bland and thr reason for this is explained perfectly in darkrersts post.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#19 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Canadian_DJ @ Mar 28 2013, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This!!!!^^

I agree completely, hinatas character is just so bland, it had the potential in the chunin exams arc, even the beginning of part two, but I guess kishi really just doesn't give a ship about hinatas character, meh she's really nithing to the story anyway.I dont hate hinata, I just dislike her, not because I ship NS, but I just dislike it, its just too bland and thr reason for this is explained perfectly in darkrersts post.

Also add the fact that when someome died comes a development, Shikamaru, Ino and CHouji,Sai,Lee had a development as whole, learned a lesson and made they think about their lives and friends, Hinata didnt had this at all, not even a single flashback or an interaction between her and Neji.

Seemd like he wasnt important to her, even on Neji's flashbacks Hinata wasnt that important, looks like she has no one.

All the development she got on the arc was Naruto speech saying she was strong and nothing more.
Also this is why i disagree that she cares about the others or better than they arent special to her, all the development she got to do on 615 it was only because of a single speech from Naruto.
The Hinata you described is the one who appears on fillers she's not canon.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 28 March 2013 - 03:59 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#20 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Moriarty @ Mar 27 2013, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find her uninteresting. As to this part of her story, it's a diffrent variant of the story told via Naruto, Lee, and probably Chouji. So, I don't think it's unique ir really stands out for me. Lee's just a fun character, so I care about him. I don't care about Chouji, and Naruto's was the first story of that nature and his story has gone beyond just that or his love interest (Sakura). As the main character, that's just part of it. It's kinda of like the flashbacks between Madara and Hashirama now. Kishimoto has gone to that well so many times now, that's kinda....meh.

I have nothing against her personality it's just kinda...ehh.... It doesn't excit me or interest me and I don't want to know more. I used to get irritated at her fandom's refusal to call her shyness the character flaw it is. Her family situation is genuinely interesting, but Kishimoto isn't going to revisit it because it doesn't matter to the plot.

I would tend to agree it probably does not revolve around him, but you wouldn't know it from the way Kishimoto presents her. I think his biggest mistake in her characterization is his steadfast refusal to let her leave Naruto's orbit. If I were a Hinata fan I'd have been pissed with 573. I long argued that her confidence was something she borrows from Naruto and didn't really posses it herself. She depended on him for it. It's better than where she was, but he was still a crutch. It was frustrating to see that even after Pain she is still doing it. At least she acknowledged it, but after the Pain fight, it felt like a massive regression.

Everything she does is centered around Naruto and that is what has opened her to charges of being selfish. I don't agree with the claim because it suggests Kishimoto is subtley craping on his character in moments she is supposed to look strong and I just don't think he's doing that. But when she admits to her own selfishness regarding her decision to jump into the fight and have her thinking about his hand while Naruto's standing up to Obito, I can see why people think that. And that is what I don't get. Kishimoto could have had her simply stated she wanted to help him. It certainly made it look like her primary motiviation for jumping in so she could confess to him. If she doesn't say that, then it looks like a dramatic reveal for a person who think they are certain to die, but that it's not why she chose to jump in the first place.

615 is the same way. After getting him out of his funk, she goes right back to thinking about him while he is standing up to the enemy. Why not have her stand up too? She could have said nothing and come off better. She was leaving his orbit and then gets pulled right back in. I don't get this decision either. It makes her look meek again. 615 was so bad because of how it handled Naruto and what development it did provide was pulled back five seconds later. It was great for pairing fodder and generating fan interest (pairing fodder and Neji), but it was a lousy a piece of writing. Seriously, Obito is making his case that the world sucks by actively making the world suck and he wants people to follow him into his world because, trust him, it won't suck? And Naruto's starting to listen? He must be joking. Anyway, I digress.

I don't think many of the charges of her being selfish or not caring about others are fair, but Kishimoto's as much to blame as anyone for writing her in ways that make her open to such charges. For Gods sakes, she can leave his orbit without losing pairing fodder status.

I think Sakura and Sasuke gets a lot of hate for similar reasons.

A character that could have been great, but was heavily mistreated by her author (and ultimately misinterpreted by many fans).

I would definitely agree witht he second half of this. Whatever his intent, Kishimoto seems fond of shooting himself in the foot everytime he tries to develop her. Small tweaks in her dialouge would have helped her so much.

I wouldn't personally be interested, but I think she'd come off better and a stronger character if he did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users