Close
Photo

Which rookie 9 members you would like to see to have more development?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

Sakura... If you haven't realized it, we no almost nothing about exept she's part of Team 7, her birthdays March 28... The only real flashbacks she's had of her past was her and Ino. Oh, and her seeing Naruto as a kid. I think.
We no nothing of her family and whatever... Out of everyone, we probably no the most about Sasuke... KishiSasu...

I would also like to see... Hm. I don't know.

#22 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

@ Derock

You completely analyzed it!! You rock!!

#23 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 9 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Lee: he had tons of development back in Part 1. End of Story.
2) Shikamaru: he's done as well. He also had tons of development from Chunin Exam to Hidan and Kakuzu arc. (also I remember in that infamous interview for this year is that Shikamaru won't have romantic development, sorry ShikaTema fans, Kishi said it won't happen).
3) Hinata: her development should be done by now (Chapter 450 was the closure). Yet fans want her to be with Naruto because she has to in their eyes, which its definitely not the point of her theme and development.
4) Kiba: got his development around the end of Part 1.
5) Neji: he's done. The Chunin Exam and the end of Part 1 was enough to explain.
6) Chouji: Same as Kiba. He had his development around almost at the end of Part 1.

Now right now, these developments probably will not happen because the series looks like is about to be done soon.

Derock I agree with pretty much everything you've said. My only hope is that by the end of the manga we'll have a wrap up for these characters. I don't need chapters dedicated to what's going on in they're everday life, but I'd like to a good finishing point for these guys because at one point or another, they had some limelight in the manga. So they had some point of interest for a lot of people.

Edited by No WhereMan, 10 April 2010 - 11:45 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#24 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 9 2010, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't like Shikamaru? huh.gif

Nope. Least Favorite Character. Hate him more than current Sasuke. Once wrote this about him:

Shikamaru.

It's nice that a battle be based on tactics, but it's frustrating that in his case it almost border's on omnipotence. No one ever sees through them, he never makes a miscalculation; his plan always work. It doesn't matter the ninja he fights. The only time his plans "fail" is because he lacks the physical ability or because of the unknowable (Hidan's immortality). So, you cannot really say any of those actually failed. He wasn't trying to win the battle in those cases.

In situations like the fight against Temari and those ninja during the invasion, he didn't win only because he couldn't. He himself appeared to think it unwinnable, and so his plans had more limited goals, yet they still accomplished what he set out to when they were made.

He's made what should have been considered major blunders, but is never called on them, not by the characters, author, or fans. He closed his eyes, turned his focus completely inward in the plain sight of an enemy excelling at long distance fighting. If Temari does something besides gawk, he looks like a fool not a genius. It was extremely reckless, but the examiners ignore that. Same thing with Hidan. Telling the plan right after the first strike was foolish. Hidan's dense, and may have struck himself several more times before he figured it out, making the fight against Kakuzu easier. It turned out not to matter, but that's another matter entirely.

The other thing is what exactly are his character flaws? He's a whiner and lazy, and supposedly is comparatively weak from a physical perspective. But when has any of that truly impaired him? It's not as if he's been if only I would have trained just a bit harder then I might have one instead of stalemated Temari.

There is also his fight with Hidan. Hidan's an idiot, no doubt, but I have trouble buying that an S-Class Missing-nin is that one dimensional, for an immortal ninja from such a reputed origination he look positively weak. He has no other jutsu? And from just a bried exposure in combat, he's got Hidan completely figured out? Hidan was throwaway villain designed to make Shika look good. I had no issue with Shika ultimately prevailing, I just wish Kishi wasn't so transparent in that fight. Same thing with Naruto v. Kakuzu.

Genius's are smart, not infallible.

This was written in 2007, so he's had additional development that's not included, but its still how I feel.

I pretty much agree with NoWhereMan and Derock though. Who has anything left that is relevant to the current story? Each has interesting side-stories (for example, the Hyuuga clan situation), but none whose resolution makes a difference to the story being told now.

#25 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

I'd say Naruto. We barely even know anything about him, yet he carries himself around like the main chara-

Wait, he is the main character? Whupz. Then I'd have to say Tenten, Shino, Sakura, Ino, and Kiba.

#26 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 10 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Derock I agree with pretty much everything you've said. My only hope is that by the end of the manga we'll have a wrap up for these characters. I don't need chapters dedicated to what's going on in they're everday life, but I'd like to a good finishing point for these guys because at one point or another, they had some limelight in the manga. So they had some point of interest for a lot of people.

Same here.

Fans want to Kishimoto write more about them, but now its not the time, unless he needs them in there. My choices (Ino, Shino, and Tenten) should have had some/more development in Part 1 like the other Konoha 11 but alas he didn't because he didn't know where to use them for the plot. Same goes for them in Part 2, yet the story is almost done (I believe), while Shikamaru and Hinata gain more development. (Let's also add Jiraiya and Tsunade to the list as well.)

Even though they won't gain more development, I hope the recent characters gain some, but not in the levels like Lee and Shikamaru. Since Killer Bee is becoming a major character, I hope to see some little bit of development for his students: Omoi, Karui and Samui. Karin, since she's now in Konoha, is likely to gain a little bit more development soon, if it goes in the right direction.

Its basically a need of tiny bit of development before we get to the major fights/events.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#27 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

Personally I'd like Chouji to have more development I love him!

JLHza2T.png

#28 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 11 2010, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here.

Fans want to Kishimoto write more about them, but now its not the time, unless he needs them in there. My choices (Ino, Shino, and Tenten) should have had some/more development in Part 1 like the other Konoha 11 but alas he didn't because he didn't know where to use them for the plot. Same goes for them in Part 2, yet the story is almost done (I believe), while Shikamaru and Hinata gain more development. (Let's also add Jiraiya and Tsunade to the list as well.)

Even though they won't gain more development, I hope the recent characters gain some, but not in the levels like Lee and Shikamaru. Since Killer Bee is becoming a major character, I hope to see some little bit of development for his students: Omoi, Karui and Samui. Karin, since she's now in Konoha, is likely to gain a little bit more development soon, if it goes in the right direction.

Its basically a need of tiny bit of development before we get to the major fights/events.

I think if anyone is looking for any of the secondary characters for development. They probably should check with the anime fillers. That's probably you're best bet. It' might not be manga canon, so to speak, but it's the only way you'll see any of the other characters get some light.

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 11 2010, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think if anyone is looking for any of the secondary characters for development. They probably should check with the anime fillers. That's probably you're best bet. It' might not be manga canon, so to speak, but it's the only way you'll see any of the other characters get some light.

Anime fillers usually show new random characters revolving around Naruto and his mission though.

#30 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 11 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anime fillers usually show new random characters revolving around Naruto and his mission though.

Perhaps but the Shippudden fillers I've seen featured just about every member of the Rookie 9, including Team Gai. If you want to see a story that features people besides Team 7 + Shikamaru, fillers is probably where you'd need to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users