#50441 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:15 AM

https://youtu.be/6oHf99JGDUg
I remember the ending this song played in but I didn't know what the lyrics were. Sad that the series took a 180 to a romance series

#50442 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

Well we need to remember that this is Kishi and Sasuke needs to be front and center because the Uchiha are all that matters, sad I know that Sakura was kittened over by Kishi.

This story is actually a Kishi Self Insert story. Kishi protrayed himself as Sasuke. He did say his wife was like Sakura. There was no way he was gonna let Naruto steal his wife-alike. lmao

#50443 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:51 AM

Honestly, I'm over the whole pairings thing. I can watch an entire NH series and not feel anything. Same goes for NS and SS. Don't really mind the pairings anymore. 

Sakura x anybody from any anime other than Naruto is much better. 

#50444 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

1177fde.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I submit to you evidence exhibit #3,693
We are told over and over that Naruto is NOT a romance manga and yet all we ever see is pairings. Pairings...pairings...pairings....pairings.
Retcons about pairings. Light novels about pairings and pairing weddings. Movies about pairings. None stop pairings, pairings, pairings.
You mean to tell me that THAT is all that Naruto is good for?
15 years. 700 chapters. Over 500 episodes and all anyone can really recall is pairings.One Punch Man: Known for a a guy who is a hero for fun who defeats enemies with one punch.Dragonball: Explosions, power-ups, and kung fuOverlord: Ainz being a badass and a sexy AlbedoRising of the Shield Hero: Arguably one of the greatest stories to be put to anime of a man who is accused of rape and changes the worldGoblin Slayer: Killing Goblins in a bad ass armor akin to Medieval Doom.Naruto: Pairings.....F!@#$ing pairings. Not bonds, not underdogs, not connections, not meaningful stories, not about love and compassion for your fellow man. Pairings. Just pairings. Nobody can or will remember anything else about this series other than..."Naruto got with Hinata and Sakura got with Sasuke."

I am going to make the claim right now and dare anyone to challenge it.
Sword Art Online is a far more compelling story than Naruto and actually has characters that are more than just shipping bait.
Is it our fault? Did we care too much about pairings? I'd like to think we cared more about the story, but these people are convincing me that all anyone cares about in the Naruto fandom is pairings since this is all they seem to be willing to produce. This is what Boruto will become? Forget trying to get his father's attention "as long as Boruto gets with Salad or Sumire or whoever....then it is a good story. Best story ever."
I.....I am done. There is no hope. No light at the end of the tunnel. No savior for the damned.Naruto: "My name is Naruto Uzumaki. All I want is to be hokage, to be respected, and to have the girl I love Sakura Haruno go on a date with me."Hinat and Studio Pierrot: "I'm about to end this man's entire series."

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 15 July 2019 - 05:03 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#50445 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:13 AM

This story is actually a Kishi Self Insert story. Kishi portrayed himself as Sasuke. He did say his wife was like Sakura. There was no way he was gonna let Naruto steal his wife-alike. lmao

...What are you talking about? Naruto was Kishi's "insert." Sasuke was an amalgamation of several people but primarily his twin brother. Sakura is his wife, and Karin is likely his sister in law. That was implied through interviews, the fact that Kishi doesn't like SS calling it both toxic and cliche, his wife being upset about NS not happening, 666 Satan, and so on.

#50446 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:38 AM

...What are you talking about? Naruto was Kishi's "insert." Sasuke was an amalgamation of several people but primarily his twin brother. Sakura is his wife, and Karin is likely his sister in law. That was implied through interviews, the fact that Kishi doesn't like SS calling it both toxic and cliche, his wife being upset about NS not happening, 666 Satan, and so on.

This. Kishimoto stated in his earlier interviews that he based Naruto's personality and, to an extent, life experiences, on himself. Sasuke was essentially a proxy of his brother (which many suspect is the actual reason why Sasuke suffers no karmic retribution for his crimes and treatment towards others). And Kishimoto has outright admitted that Sakura was based on his wife(with Oda commenting that Sakura even looks like her).

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#50447 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:26 AM

Sasuke was essentially a proxy of his brother (which many suspect is the actual reason why Sasuke suffers no karmic retribution for his crimes and treatment towards others).

I also suspect that it part of the Shounen cliche of you don't have the protagonist kill people as much as let them die during battle due to other reasons. Kishimoto needing to justify why the entirety of part two was chasing after him which made kishi have to focus on him therefor become more interested in his story then everyone elses' story. Also the gay stuff could just be a misunderstand compared to the fact that most people don't have a twin like he does, and also some people desire for every man in media to be gay.

Though Sasuke -like you said- being some aspect of his brother is why he does suffer no real consequences. It also part of the reason I suspect why he hates SS; would you want to write about your wife have sex with your twin brother? 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 July 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#50448 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, his wife and the lead VA for Naruto thinking NS would happen really say something.

#50449 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:41 AM

You win just for using that clip, Ken! XD

#50450 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

A fitting clip and Sakura is wearing her headband that the only good thing in the pic.

#50451 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:25 PM

1177fde.jpg

We are told over and over that Naruto is NOT a romance manga and yet all we ever see is pairings. Pairings...pairings...pairings....pairings.
Retcons about pairings. Light novels about pairings and pairing weddings. Movies about pairings. None stop pairings, pairings, pairings.
15 years. 700 chapters. Over 500 episodes and all anyone can really recall is pairings.One Punch Man: Known for a a guy who is a hero for fun who defeats enemies with one punch.Dragonball: Explosions, power-ups, and kung fuOverlord: Ainz being a badass and a sexy AlbedoRising of the Shield Hero: Arguably one of the greatest stories to be put to anime of a man who is accused of rape and changes the worldGoblin Slayer: Killing Goblins in a bad ass armor akin to Medieval Doom.Naruto: Pairings.....F!@#$ing pairings. Not bonds, not underdogs, not connections, not meaningful stories, not about love and compassion for your fellow man. Pairings. Just pairings. Nobody can or will remember anything else about this series other than..."Naruto got with Hinata and Sakura got with Sasuke."

Sword Art Online is a far more compelling story than Naruto and actually has characters that are more than just shipping bait.
Is it our fault? Did we care too much about pairings? I'd like to think we cared more about the story, but these people are convincing me that all anyone cares about in the Naruto fandom is pairings since this is all they seem to be willing to produce. This is what Boruto will become? Forget trying to get his father's attention "as long as Boruto gets with Salad or Sumire or whoever....then it is a good story. Best story ever."
I.....I am done. There is no hope. No light at the end of the tunnel. No savior for the damned.Naruto: "My name is Naruto Uzumaki. All I want is to be hokage, to be respected, and to have the girl I love Sakura Haruno go on a date with me."Hinat and Studio Pierrot: "I'm about to end this man's entire series."

Well said James well said there's no hope for Naruto anymore the series is dead from what it once was 4 years ago. Also James there 720 episodes of Naruto in total counting part 1.
You know what's really sad power Rangers is better written then Naruto I mean the older seasons before samurai. They had better characters, villains, messages and a better story and has done the Naruto and Sasuke better in more seasons than the 720 episodes of Naruto, mighty morphin, time force, s.p.d., jungle fury, r.p.m. all did the Sasuke and Naruto thing better. Maybe not mighty morphin with Jason and Tommy both where better friends and Jason wanting to save Tommy in green with evil was done so much better.
Hell batman tas is better.

#50452 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

Well said James well said there's no hope for Naruto anymore the series is dead from what it once was 4 years ago. Also James there 720 episodes of Naruto in total counting part 1.
You know what's really sad power Rangers is better written then Naruto I mean the older seasons before samurai. They had better characters, villains, messages and a better story and has done the Naruto and Sasuke better in more seasons than the 720 episodes of Naruto, mighty morphin, time force, s.p.d., jungle fury, r.p.m. all did the Sasuke and Naruto thing better. Maybe not mighty morphin with Jason and Tommy both where better friends and Jason wanting to save Tommy in green with evil was done so much better.
Hell batman tas is better.

Well said. Lord Zedd is one of the greatest villains of my childhood.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#50453 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

1177fde.jpg

15 years. 700 chapters. Over 500 episodes and all anyone can really recall is pairings.

One Punch Man: Known for a a guy who is a hero for fun who defeats enemies with one punch.
Dragonball: Explosions, power-ups, and kung fu
Overlord: Ainz being a badass and a sexy Albedo
Rising of the Shield Hero: Arguably one of the greatest stories to be put to anime of a man who is accused of rape and changes the world
Goblin Slayer: Killing Goblins in a bad ass armor akin to Medieval Doom.

Naruto: Pairings.....F!@#$ing pairings. Not bonds, not underdogs, not connections, not meaningful stories, not about love and compassion for your fellow man. Pairings. Just pairings. Nobody can or will remember anything else about this series other than..."Naruto got with Hinata and Sakura got with Sasuke."

I.....I am done. There is no hope. No light at the end of the tunnel. No savior for the damned.

Naruto: "My name is Naruto Uzumaki. All I want is to be hokage, to be respected, and to have the girl I love Sakura Haruno go on a date with me."

Hinat and Studio Pierrot: "I'm about to end this man's entire series."

Hey look on the bright side, ALL of this tells me something. That NO ONE, NOT EVEN THE FANS OR EXECUTIVES THAT PUSHED FOR THESE PAIRINGS BELIEVE IN THE ROMANCE THAT THESE COUPLES HAVE.

Not once have I ever seen a fictional couple in any other media being forced into these cringing, gagging, "hurts to watch" moments that are rapid fire punching into the audiences' heads that "this couple is in love, this couple is in love!!!!" like some sort of madness mantra, long after the couples in question became canon. You don't see it in other shonen series that are "not about romance" like Fullmetal Alchemist , Dragon Ball, Bleach, etc. But Naruto? they are beating the couples to death like giving oxygen into a long dead corpse. That speaks to me of desperation.

What's wrong people? Not believing in your own BS lies anymore ? :zaru:  :kukuku:

I actually find the whole thing HILARIOUS. You reap what you sow I guess. The Naruto fandom is in shambles and Boruto seems to be at death's door right now considering all the money grubbing SP is trying to pull, not to mention the manga moved to V Jump was it? It just speaks to me that karma is slowly creeping up on them and if Boruto "dies" good riddance, I say :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 July 2019 - 07:54 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50454 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:30 PM

Yeah I think this is the case. You think it's the other way around but if you read 666 Satan and take a look at the interviews it makes more sense

#50455 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:53 AM

Yeah I think this is the case. You think it's the other way around but if you read 666 Satan and take a look at the interviews it makes more sense

666 Satan is Kishi's Brother as the main character with Kishi as the best friend side kick, while in Naruto kishi is the main character with his brother as the rival. Also why would kishi's brother make kishi the main character instead of himself his own manga?

One is the more gifted cool one that is popular with women but isn't really interested in them to the point of coming of as asexual. While the other is a bit of a goof that likes a girl that is attracted to the cool one, is not as gifted but crafty, and is much more interested in woman to the point of being a horn-dog when you compare the two.

Also just look at the girl ball-boy ended up with and tell me she doesn't look like Sakura with a tan!?

Hey look on the bright side, ALL of this tells me something. That NO ONE, NOT EVEN THE FANS OR EXECUTIVES THAT PUSHED FOR THESE PAIRINGS BELIEVE IN THE ROMANCE THAT THESE COUPLES HAVE.

Not once have I ever seen a fictional couple in any other media being forced into these cringing, gagging, "hurts to watch" moments that are rapid fire punching into the audiences' heads that "this couple is in love, this couple is in love!!!!" like some sort of madness mantra, long after the couples in question became canon. You don't see it in other shonen series that are "not about romance" like Fullmetal Alchemist , Dragon Ball, Bleach, etc. But Naruto? they are beating the couples to death like pumping air into a long dead corpse. That speaks to me of desperation.

What's wrong people? Not believing in your own BS Lies? 

I actually find the whole thing Hilarious. you reap what you sow I guess. The Naruto fandom is in shambles and Boruto seems to be at death's door right now considering all the money grubbing SP is trying to pull not to mention the manga moved to V Jump, was it? It just speaks to me that karma is slowly creeping up on them and if Boruto "dies" good riddance, I say

The executives pretty much gave up once they realized the international numbers weren't showing what the editors and SP's Naruto team's Hinata fanatics promised them. Its kept alive because even though it not as big as Naruto even as it is it still an average series in term of sales with a somewhat large -in comparison to other series- international fanbase.

Namenash isn't here often but from looking at sales of the manga, the Boruto game last year, their has been no movie, and so on. They have less then 20% of Naruto old fanbase before they switched to nH, and that number is still shrinking. The anime had to be moved to Sunday to try finding an audience with the young kids that are off school that day and need some filler before better anime come on.

As for the romance. What romance? Kishi never -intentionally- wrote anything for them so it was always up to SP or the fans head-canon.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 July 2019 - 07:22 AM.

#50456 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:26 AM

Oh yes I know which is why Sp is @$$ pulling moments out FOR the fans that remain and they are still not satisfied with it so hence this recycled scheme of attempting to make NH and SS look like they are SOOO IN LOVE when its not convincing anyone. Again, you don't see this happening for other series do you? Its a complete joke IMO

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 July 2019 - 02:07 AM.

#50457 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:12 PM

Oh yes I know which is whySp is @$$ pulling moments out FOR the fans that remain and they are still not satisfied with it so hence this recycled scheme of attepmting to make NH and SS look like they are SOOO IN LOVE when its not convincing anyone. Again ,you dont see this happening for other series do you? Its a complete joke IMO

Does anyone actually believe that? From what I heard, both marriages seem miserable in Boruto.

#50458 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

Well said. Lord Zedd is one of the greatest villains of my childhood.

same zedd is better then any villain in Naruto. And he was never beaten in the series yes his plans failed but he still got some wins and in a fight the Rangers never beat him. Plus at the end of season 3 of mighty Morphin zedd and Rita Basically won leading into zeo. Other villains that are better than Naruto villains are astronama, trakeena ransik, master org, mesgog, Grumm, daishi, Venjix. All where better and had better arcs and wins and defeats astronama and ransik had better redemption especially ransik in wild force helping weaken the mutorgs. Astronama even became a ranger after one died. Master org seems like what hinata would be if Naruto didn't get with her.

Not once have I ever seen a fictional couple in any other media being forced into these cringing, gagging, "hurts to watch" moments that are rapid fire punching into the audiences' heads that "this couple is in love, this couple is in love!!!!" like some sort of madness mantra, long after the couples in question became canon. You don't see it in other shonen series that are "not about romance" like Fullmetal Alchemist , Dragon Ball, Bleach, etc. But Naruto? they are beating the couples to death like pumping air into a long dead corpse. That speaks to me of desperation.

What's wrong people? Not believing in your own BS Lies anymore ? :zaru:  :kukuku:

I actually find the whole thing Hilarious. you reap what you sow I guess. The Naruto fandom is in shambles and Boruto seems to be at death's door right now considering all the money grubbing SP is trying to pull not to mention the manga moved to V Jump, was it? It just speaks to me that karma is slowly creeping up on them and if Boruto "dies" good riddance, I say :yes:

I wouldn't say bleach since that went back on ichigo x rukia at the end, at least ed and winry got together and Gohan and videl. Good no one's buys this NH and ss are bs. So Naruto is on life support and it's slowly dying it's just taking its sweet ass time.

Does anyone actually believe that? From what I heard, both marriages seem miserable in Boruto.

Are they oh I hope so showing that is bs.

#50459 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

At least Ichihime got development where it mattered and was due. NH WISHES they had that, and SS had such negativity and toxicity to it and yet all of that was swept under the rug so *bam* they are married now and we're supposed to accept it as is? :no: Ichihime is an INFINITELY BETTER romance and seems stable and loving compared two these forced marriages that have no heart or soul, forget about the romance. Don't get me wrong, Ichiruki has always seemed to be the more likely option and the best one truth be told but Kubo did not seem to see what the fans see obviously, for some reason. But again at least Ichihime is believable and solid, and it is ultimately the writer's job to ensure that if they are including relationship building into romance with their writing. Kubo got that right at least. Kishi did not deliver except on NaruSaku but that was thrown to the wayside

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 July 2019 - 07:22 PM.

#50460 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:25 PM

At least Ichihime got development where it mattered and was due. NH WISHES they had that, and SS had such negativity and toxicity to it and yet all of that was swept under the rug so *bam* they are married now and we're supposed to accept it as is? :no: Ichihime is an INFINITELY BETTER romance and seems stable and loving compared two these forced marriages that have no heart or soul, forget about the romance. Don't get me wrong, Ichiruki has always seemed to be the more likely option and the best one truth be told but Kubo did not seem to see what the fans see obviously, for some reason. But again at least Ichihime is believable and solid, and it is ultimately the writer's job to ensure that if they are including relationship building into romance with their writing. Kubo got that right at least. Kishi did not deliver except on NaruSaku but that was thrown to the wayside

Yeah while I thought Ichigo and Rukia had way better chemistry, they at least built up Orihime and Ichigo. Though I hate Rukia ended up with Renji. 

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users