56 replies to this topic

#1 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

It seems to me that it is a common theme for the characters in the series to have scary mothers, in fact Naruto prettymuch confirmed that Kiba's, Shiimaru's, and his own mother are frightening. My question is, who in your opinion would fit that role in the current generation of kunoichi if they were to become mothers.

#2 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

Ino and Sakura.

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#3 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

sakura.....ino.....temari......................karin?? XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#4 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

(with the assumption that all of them have kids, however unlikely I think that may or may not be)

Karin, definitely. Sakura, of course (we've all seen her temper). Ino... I don't think so, unless she got into some sort of "perfect mother" competition. Temari, of course. Tenten's such a blank slate she could go either way. Hinata... uh, no. I think all the Cloud girls we've seen so far would be (but then, we haven't seen much of them, yet). Hanabi... maybe. Moegi... only if she starts emulating Sakura more. Hana... hard to tell, but she seems a lot more approachable than her mother.

Hm, can't think (off hand) of any other girls that might fit in the "Naruto generation" (even stretching it, like I did for Hana, Hanabi and Moegi) to judge, but that's what I think of that lot.

Edited by desaix, 04 April 2012 - 05:15 AM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#5 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Sakura, without a doubt. And Temari.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#6 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 3 2012, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura, without a doubt. And Temari.

^ Pretty mych.

#7 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Well my opinion is this: I'm pretty sure Sakura is a given (I can already picture her children cowering in fear as she looms over them). The same could be said about temari of course, but i think it would be a different kind of scary. Ino...I don't know it might depend on who she ends up with. Hinata, I can't even imagine that. Karin, umm probably I don't know.

#8 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Sakura, Ino and Temari definitely. Karin, can't see her as a mother ether, Anko maybe (like Karin I can't see her as a mother ether).

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#9 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 4 2012, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura, Ino and Temari definitely. Karin, can't see her as a mother ether, Anko maybe (like Karin I can't see her as a mother ether).

If Anko was a mother, I can't say who would be the father. She's like the hot, psycho girlfriend. Hazardous. Something tells me she wouldn't be the type to settle.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#10 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 4 2012, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't see Anko as a mother either. Though if she was it seems like she would be more creepy than scary. Imagines it now

"Aw did you get a cut on your face let mommy see"
"No mom I'm good."
Anko slowly licks the blood of the child's face and swallows it.
"Hmmm you're right...you do taste good"

Scratch that having a mother like like that would be pretty scary.

Edited by Kageteiou, 04 April 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#11 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Sorry, I can't see Sakura being a scary mother any more than Kushina is a scary mother.

Sure she would be the enforcer in the house, with the Naruto clocking in as the oldest child most of the time, but I can't see Sakura being any more extreme than Kushina in that cute Uzumaki family breakfast pic. The one where she's screaming at Naruto for climbing out the window, breakfast in hand.

Sakura's consistently shown as a caring, empathetic person. And those are the golden qualities of parenting. (And patience. Heaps and heaps of patience.) There's tons of examples over the years, espcially with her medic involvement, but think back to her treatment of Sai. Sakura was the one to initiate the friendship, ask questions and cajol him into talking about his past experience. She is supremely good at smoothing out the rough edges, helping others move from a bad situation into a better one. Her selflessness alone would put her into "great parent" camp for me.

Temari, I think, would be more like Shikamaru's mom. Ino, Hinata, etc. would be fine mothers.

Karin shouldn't be a parent. Not with her background in testing subjects for Orochimaru. *shudders* Could you imagine her house? Once things got out-of-hand she'd start construction on an underground prison and call it the "Guest Wing." biggrin.gif

#12 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

For the record, I can think a person can be a great parent and a "scary" parent at the same time. Sakura would be such a case, to me. Yes, Sakura is a caring, empathetic character who has shown good motherly traits... but she also has a bit of a temper. It wouldn't even necessarily have to be directed at her kids to scare her kids, either -- just one brawl with Ino in front of her kids, and those kids will know just how scary she can be.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#13 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Apr 4 2012, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the record, I can think a person can be a great parent and a "scary" parent at the same time. Sakura would be such a case, to me. Yes, Sakura is a caring, empathetic character who has shown good motherly traits... but she also has a bit of a temper. It wouldn't even necessarily have to be directed at her kids to scare her kids, either -- just one brawl with Ino in front of her kids, and those kids will know just how scary she can be.

This is basically what I was about to say. I didnt mean that her being a scary mother meant that she would be a badparent. I was actually considering her similarities to kushina when I started the topic. I guess my second comment may have been misconstrued. Trust me I have no doubt that she would be a great mother tricksie

#14 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Apr 4 2012, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

I guess what I mean is that I see Shikamaru's mom as the "scary mom" in the manga (although she's probably just a tough mom more than scary like Anko-scary laugh.gif ). But I don't think Shikamaru's that close with his mom. Same with Kiba and his mother.

Compare it to Naruto with Kushina. You get the sense that he would adore her, just as much as he would adore infuriating her.

So I think Sakura's household would be more in line with the imagine Uzumaki household, rather than Shikamaru's or Kiba's households.

Does that make sense? For Shikamaru and Kiba, there is a healthy dose of respect along with their love for their mom, but I get the feeling that there is also distance. I don't think it would be like that for Sakura. She's not going to be a drill seargant (like Shika's mom seems to be) or so bossy she runs off their dad (like Kiba's mom).

Thinking more in comparison, she will be a much warmer, compassionate scary-mom than some of the scary moms that have been shown.

#15 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Lot of people put Temari as a scary mom I don't see it. She might be like her own mother more. She has been more mellow as of late but I think she is more focused on being a ninja and it seems in Naruto world Ninja and parenthood don't go hand in hand.

Sakura might be a scary mother so as Ino. I don't think Tenten would be a mother. To me she is like Temari in that she is more focused on being a ninja than mother. Karin would defiantly be a scary mother. Karui might be a scary mother. If Kurostuchi was a mother she looks like she fit in that catagory as well. Who else wasn't mention? huh.gif Can't think of any. Scary mothers I think all depend on the backbones of the men. If men are weak their women are strong and forceful and If men are dominate like Uchiha or Hyuga women are more polite in nature.

#16 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Apr 4 2012, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lot of people put Temari as a scary mom I don't see it. She might be like her own mother more. She has been more mellow as of late but I think she is more focused on being a ninja and it seems in Naruto world Ninja and parenthood don't go hand in hand.

She has been described as "scarier than Shikamaru's mom" in the manga. She definitely fits. But we know a lot of her toughness is a shield and she can be warm to people close to her. Which is how Kishimoto had Shika's dad describe Yoshino Nara. Someone who can act aggressive, but then shows kindness to the guy she loves. Fans have also used this to describe Naruto and Sakura's relationship. Yoshino isn't really scary. Shikamaru just sees her this way because Nara men tend to let the women run things. And Shikamaru would let Temari wear the pants in their relationship, so their kids could see her as the scary one while Shika is the laid-back cool dad. Even though Temari would be a caring mother.

Kiba's mom doesn't seem scary to me. I think Kiba has issues more with his dad. Given he is a minor character, we'll never know what happened to him.

I think Ino and Sakura would be similar to Kushina. They would be the cool moms in the neighborhood. Karui and Karin might be a little more like Temari. Samui? Similar to if Kakashi was your mom. And I don't think Hinata would be a doormat with her kids.

Edited by Deej, 04 April 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#17 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 4 2012, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, I can't see Sakura being a scary mother any more than Kushina is a scary mother.

Sure she would be the enforcer in the house, with the Naruto clocking in as the oldest child most of the time, but I can't see Sakura being any more extreme than Kushina in that cute Uzumaki family breakfast pic. The one where she's screaming at Naruto for climbing out the window, breakfast in hand.

Sakura's consistently shown as a caring, empathetic person. And those are the golden qualities of parenting. (And patience. Heaps and heaps of patience.) There's tons of examples over the years, espcially with her medic involvement, but think back to her treatment of Sai. Sakura was the one to initiate the friendship, ask questions and cajol him into talking about his past experience. She is supremely good at smoothing out the rough edges, helping others move from a bad situation into a better one. Her selflessness alone would put her into "great parent" camp for me.

Temari, I think, would be more like Shikamaru's mom. Ino, Hinata, etc. would be fine mothers.

Karin shouldn't be a parent. Not with her background in testing subjects for Orochimaru. *shudders* Could you imagine her house? Once things got out-of-hand she'd start construction on an underground prison and call it the "Guest Wing." biggrin.gif

Mainly both Kushina and Sakura has their husbands (Minato and Naruto) whipped... a term used by Shikamaru to describe his father's rel with his mother sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 04 April 2012 - 07:50 PM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#18 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Apr 4 2012, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mainly both Kushina and Sakura has their husbands (Minato and Naruto) whipped... a term used by Shikamaru to describe his father's rel with his mother sweatdrop.gif

Whipped sounds a little too strong a word. That's more of a word for guys who are doormats and don't complain at whatever crap is thrown their way by rude women. None of the Naruto girls are rude (and of course I'm not implying that you said that), they are simply strong willed and know how to stand their ground when they have an opinion.

If the guys they love are serious about their own opinions and let them know about it the girls will surely back off. That's how Minato convinced Kushina to let him seal Kurama on Naruto.

#19 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Deej @ Apr 4 2012, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She has been described as "scarier than Shikamaru's mom" in the manga. She definitely fits. But we know a lot of her toughness is a shield and she can be warm to people close to her. Which is how Kishimoto had Shika's dad describe Yoshino Nara. Someone who can act aggressive, but then shows kindness to the guy she loves. Fans have also used this to describe Naruto and Sakura's relationship. Yoshino isn't really scary. Shikamaru just sees her this way because Nara men tend to let the women run things. And Shikamaru would let Temari wear the pants in their relationship, so their kids could see her as the scary one while Shika is the laid-back cool dad. Even though Temari would be a caring mother.

Kiba's mom doesn't seem scary to me. I think Kiba has issues more with his dad. Given he is a minor character, we'll never know what happened to him.

I think Ino and Sakura would be similar to Kushina. They would be the cool moms in the neighborhood. Karui and Karin might be a little more like Temari. Samui? Similar to if Kakashi was your mom. And I don't think Hinata would be a doormat with her kids.

While I agree that both Sakura and Ino could possibly be scary mothers, I don't believe that both would be similar to Kushina. Sakura is a given considering their parallels, but Ino is bossy more than anything else (at least according to Narutopedia). I could be wrong but was Kushina ever depicted as being bossy? Anyways, assuming Shikamaru and Temari get together then your description of how their kids would view them is pretty spot on.

#20 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 4 2012, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whipped sounds a little too strong a word. That's more of a word for guys who are doormats and don't complain at whatever crap is thrown their way by rude women. None of the Naruto girls are rude (and of course I'm not implying that you said that), they are simply strong willed and know how to stand their ground when they have an opinion.

If the guys they love are serious about their own opinions and let them know about it the girls will surely back off. That's how Minato convinced Kushina to let him seal Kurama on Naruto.

Does Naruto complain about Sakura berating him and screaming in his face? Sakura has shown to be rude in the past to Naruto. Naruto has yet to retaliate and is okay with the fact that Sakura has the power to scold him. And Minato hinted that Kushina made him into a man. Which is why I believed he was whipped because women that want to be superior over their men in marriage.

Shikaku told Shikamaru that Yoshino has also made him into a man.

Being whipped doesn't mean they don't care. It means that men have their respect for their women pampering them--keeping them in line. When Minato convinced Kushina that sealing Kurama inside of Naruto was a situation that required more than his spouse's decision. Kushina did stated that Minato had won his first argument.

This is one of those situation that a man must take action when necessary. It's unavoidable in a Rel. It has to eventually happen. I'm sure if Shikaku and Yoshino were in Minato and Kushina's shoes. Shikaku would convince Yoshino the exact same thing. And it's up to the wife to accept and Kusina had shown her capabilities that her marriage is not one sided opinion, and Sakura has shown to accept Naruto's opinion over the course of the manga. Sakura and Kushina's Rel with Naruto and Minato is not one-sided versus Yoshino being a very rude wife and mother.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users