328 replies to this topic

#81 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

Hopefully they can get it contained; the last thing Japan needs right now is a meltdown.
bd5.jpg

#82 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:18 AM

Could things get much, much worse? sad.gif

They definitely don't need a meltdown... This is getting scary.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#83 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:20 AM

...Good God.

It's really unfortunate; the Japanese prepared their plants for the earthquakes, but nothing could have prepared them for the Tsunami. I'm not aware of how many plants there are, but hopefully the government is getting qualified officials to be on standby at other nuclear plants.

#84 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

CNN posted a map that you can zoom in on with photos and videos of the earthquake damage. Looks like the only place near Tokyo that got significant earthquake damage was in Chiba- where the gas refinery caught on fire.

http://edition.cnn.c...apan.quake/map/

Kia Asamiya has heard from his publisher and he said they seem to think most manga companies will only have minimal publishing delays.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#85 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn...ws-asiapacific/

Fears of a second meltdown after three damaged reactors in the earthquake.

Also if you can take a look at the before and after aerial shots, man oh man.

Edited by Insurrection, 13 March 2011 - 06:09 AM.

#86 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:01 AM

NHK reports magnitude of the earthquake has been revised again, it's now reported to have been an 9.0

http://www3.nhk.or.j...lish/13_21.html
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#87 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

When I looked at the pictures, dang, I dunno which one was worse, Aceh or this. Japan's body count can't possibly compare to Aceh's but the materialistic damage is probably almost equal.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#88 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 13 2011, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I looked at the pictures, dang, I dunno which one was worse, Aceh or this. Japan's body count can't possibly compare to Aceh's but the materialistic damage is probably almost equal.

10,000 people feared dead is a very high and horrific body count huh.gif

#89 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

^Compare that to ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND. That's 10x over.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#90 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

Apparantly now also a volcano errupted on the southwestern part of japan..... http://www.timeslive...-volcano-erupts
All those poor people sad.gif

Edited by Davidos, 13 March 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#91 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 13 2011, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Compare that to ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND. That's 10x over.

Even 1 life lost by a family member is too many. You can't sit and compare how many deaths has more of an impact.

#92 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

I pray for the people of Japan this catastrophe is worst than the Haiti earthquake and Chile earthquake.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#93 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 13 2011, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even 1 life lost by a family member is too many. You can't sit and compare how many deaths has more of an impact.

True, but I was just expressing my disbelief at the sheer impact of the disaster. And really, if I had to say, (in terms of death toll) Japan is faring better than we did. But on a whole, god, they've definitely got it bad (even worse). What with a Chernobyl possibly happening....... nuke.gif ermm.gif

248793.jpg

#94 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 13 2011, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. Please folks, resist the impulse to turn this into a "tragedy Olympics". Think about how we Americans felt about Hurricane Katrina.

The volcano erupting worries me, I hope it's a result of the Friday quake, not a warning sign the fault line there is going to go off.

On the slightly positive side for me, I discovered my address book with all my Japanese college friends addresses in it, except for the one who was from Sendai, I have her name in there but not her Sendai address. shamefulcry0js.gif Unfortunately, even the ones I do have their addresses of, those addresses are around 15 years old. But it's a start, gives me something solid to go on.

#95 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 13 2011, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. Please folks, resist the impulse to turn this into a "tragedy Olympics". Think about how we Americans felt about Hurricane Katrina.

The volcano erupting worries me, I hope it's a result of the Friday quake, not a warning sign the fault line there is going to go off.

On the slightly positive side for me, I discovered my address book with all my Japanese college friends addresses in it, except for the one who was from Sendai, I have her name in there but not her Sendai address. shamefulcry0js.gif Unfortunately, even the ones I do have their addresses of, those addresses are around 15 years old. But it's a start, gives me something solid to go on.

I hope you find them, especially the one in Sendai. For once, I want to hear some good news.

A family friend of mine has a daughter in Japan; she's in Tokyo, which seemed to have made it out okay, but I e-mailed him just to be sure.

#96 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 13 2011, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, but I was just expressing my disbelief at the sheer impact of the disaster. And really, if I had to say, (in terms of death toll) Japan is faring better than we did. But on a whole, god, they've definitely got it bad (even worse). What with a Chernobyl possibly happening....... nuke.gif ermm.gif

Chernobyl was a disaster waiting to happen. I'm pretty sure the Japanese have better planning in case of nuclear plant failure.

#97 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Oh well, what's next?

Japan sinking to the bottom of the sea?

Edited by Strangelove, 13 March 2011 - 09:56 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#98 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Finally some good news from Japan, some people have been found alive in the tsunami zone. CNN showed a video from NHK of three elderly people who had been trapped in a car, and one that had been driving was interviewed. She looked very emotionally shook up but physically it looked like she was relatively unharmed. Thankfully the car she was in wasn't crushed, the back windshield was intact and the front just cracked not shattered. The passenger area of the car thankfully didn't get hit by heavy debris, but the front of the car was. The video showed her rescue from the car too, but not the other two people (but all were rescued alive.)

#99 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 13 2011, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally some good news from Japan, some people have been found alive in the tsunami zone. CNN showed a video from NHK of three elderly people who had been trapped in a car, and one that had been driving was interviewed. She looked very emotionally shook up but physically it looked like she was relatively unharmed. Thankfully the car she was in wasn't crushed, the back windshield was intact and the front just cracked not shattered. The passenger area of the car thankfully didn't get hit by heavy debris, but the front of the car was. The video showed her rescue from the car too, but not the other two people (but all were rescued alive.)

That is some good news to hear that there are still survivors around the area. That lady, and the other two are indeed lucky.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#100 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

Well Russia just had some volcanoes erupting as well. If you ask me, the Earth geology changes, and every year we have a significant dissaster. Last year Haiti, the years before it the Massive Tsunami, this year Japan, and heck 2011 is still young.

We also have to remember, this is very common for a planet, we just didn't noticed it a 100 or a thousand years ago, because humanity wasn't so interconnected. Just yesterday the Gulf of California had 2 earthquakes size 5.0 and above, and 8 hours ago an earthquake of 4.6.

If you don't like Earthquakes, move to Florida. No earthquakes there, just hurricanes and bad weather.

As for the power plants, Nuclear power is still pretty new to us. We feel safer burning fossil fuels, even when fossil fuels cause more environmental disasters every year than nuclear meltdowns.

Edited by Strangelove, 14 March 2011 - 12:42 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users