42 replies to this topic

#41 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:59 AM

Oh yeah, I remember at some point as well that there was this discussion manga vs anime what's canon and what's not. So then there was an interview with Ikemoto and someone at SP, if I remember correctly, about how they are connected to one another.

I remember this came after a backlash concerning the fact that anime Naruto wasn't canon because they changed so much the main story of Naruto so who's to say that Boruto won't be the same?

So then representatives of both parties were brought together to confirm that anime and manga are related.

I think it was a strategy move though, so that what happened to Naruto won't happen here as well.

A way to keep both afloat and make sure they're relevant. 

tumblr_ng2rh6V7pR1rpyyxoo1_500.gif

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#42 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:43 PM

Oh yeah, I remember at some point as well that there was this discussion manga vs anime what's canon and what's not. So then there was an interview with Ikemoto and someone at SP, if I remember correctly, about how they are connected to one another.

I remember this came after a backlash concerning the fact that anime Naruto wasn't canon because they changed so much the main story of Naruto so who's to say that Boruto won't be the same?

So then representatives of both parties were brought together to confirm that anime and manga are related.

I think it was a strategy move though, so that what happened to Naruto won't happen here as well.

A way to keep both afloat and make sure they're relevant. 

SP wants to be canon. They don't like the fact that their glorious hinata scenes in Naruto are considered non-canon and they especially don't like the fact that people consider their Boruto work non-canon.

The interview was after the first arc where the anime gave Boruto a new eye power. If you look at the first scene in the manga (the flash forward) Bolt's right eye has a kakashi-like scar and a byakugan. Now you can guess what this means, but the anime decided to give him a new eye power for the first arc of the anime. That went against what the manga was vaguely planning. SP had a fit. And there you go.

The anime is ultimately just doing filler (that they're considered canon; though the audience doesn't) while they wait for the manga to finally wrap up their damn arc. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, Yesterday, 10:13 AM.

#43 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,621 posts

Posted Today, 03:07 PM

Well, I for one will never recognize anything as canon as long as it comes from Studio Pierrot. 

Hope Bleach won't return with SP otherwise I won't watch it. At least not in a way that shows support.

I loathe them for what they did to Naruto series. They were the cancers of all this.

Because if it wouldn't have been for them, Naruto might've not finished this badly, no matter how much the the fandom screamed...

tumblr_ng2rh6V7pR1rpyyxoo1_500.gif

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users