74 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Well I thought that there was no Shounen Jump magazine released this week, sadly that surprise means that I am going to be summarizing another Boruto chapter. 

Summary time.

Wow the first page seems desperate to me: "41 Pages of the Mega Popular Monthly Series!!!!!!!. The New Series is still going well!! Boruto and his comrades have become genin (weren't they genin from the start in this manga) and are flourishing in the TV Boruto anime. Every Wednesday evening at 5:55 pm, You can watch the highly acclaimed Boardcast on TV Tokyo!!!" And that's just the opening title page, does it come off to anyone else that way? Also Title Scientific Ninja Weaponry, (wohoo chakra guns, great.)

So because it would end the series right then and there Ao does not just simply spray bullet into their general area until their dead then just get the data, sorry, "scroll memory" from their corpse. Instead he lets Konohamaru order everyone to hide before he starts opening fire. This has removed all threat and tension this fight could have had because you know he not going to really hit anyone (other then the red shirt) and is probably holding back. His gun shoots the fire bullets that the Robot-Puppets were using last time. Oh and Bolt saved the dog. He then again apparently stop firing because he initially doesn't want to attack Sleazy inventor. Who then tires to do the same thing that stop the Robots. This allows Konohamaru to attack him from the side destroying his mini-gun. After his gun is destroyed he and Konohamaru talk, Konohamaru believes he is apart of Kara, which shock Bolt. Then Ao unleashes two fire bullets from his cyborg shoulder knocking konahamaru down. He then attacks Sleazy to grab his absorption gauntlets. Which he uses to stop Bolt's rasengan. God this is a boring fight. After Bolt's knock away, it Salad's turn to be defeated to try to make Ao seem threatening. As for anyone that maybe wondering, why don't they attack him all at once? You think these idiots are capable of thinking of that, much less writing it competently? She thinks of using the smoke flash bomb to get everyone to run away but can't think up a signal to warn everyone. The red shirt -that is the only one that is allowed to die- then grabs Ao, and tell everyone to run. Ao then......................reveals his...double bladed light saber from a secret compartment in his arm. I'm not joking:

019.png

Well the mook clearly dies for everyone in an attempt to make Ao seem like a threat, while I just look at that stupid saber...It looks like Exar Kun size and Darth Maul's design, but very generic. The mook then as he is dying unleashes rock fall everyone dies on Ao. Which doesn't work but give everyone just enough time to flee, on Konohamaru order. After he praise the mook for sacrificing his life for them, and the mission. Ao then while he has a moment to himself reveals to the reader he doesn't like being a cyborg.

While they are hiding Salad's sprays Konohamaru with the healing spray. Sleazy inventor then reveal just encase you have forgotten because why bother to remember anything about this stupid plot, that Ao is power by his technology including the stuff that was stolen from him. They then try to justify why he was acting like like a villain in the movie. Sleazy inventor decides to sacrifice himself for them and more importantly the mission as well. Apparently all that rambling that sleazy inventor was going on about, was that he regrets ever making those weapons to the point he now feels they should have never been made, as told to us by Bolt. I'm not reading his lines but is predictable that bolt then obviously goes on to point out what great inventions these thing are and how this technology can help people, and then put on the remaining gauntlet to fight Ao. Which is suppose to be cool, but I don't care, the speech was generic to the point I don't have to read it to know what is going on, and Ao is not threatening.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 January 2018 - 03:25 AM.

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

And Again, SO GLAD  I did not give this tripe a chance :smile: Thanks for the summary though as usual my man!!! :hi5:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

Out of all the chapters is one was both felt the shortest, and was the most boring.

#4 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:39 PM

Well I thought that there was no Shounen Jump magazine released this week. sadly that surprise means that I am going to be summarizing another Boruto chapter. 

Summary time.

Wow the first page seems desperate to me: "41 Pages of the Mega Popular Monthly Series!!!!!!!. The New Series is still going well!! Boruto and his comrades have become genin (were they genin from the start in this manga) and are flourishing in the TV Boruto anime. Every Wednesday evening at 5:55 pm, You can watch the highly acclaimed Boardcast on TV Tokyo!!!" And that's just the opening title page, does it come off to anyone else that way? Also Title Scientific Ninja Weaponry, (wohoo chakra guns, great.)

The only part that makes me curious , what's the point putting all of that word in the front cover ? ,especially when they said "THE NEW SERIES IS STILL GOING WELL" , almost like saying "WE ARE STILL HERE AND LIVE DAMN HATERS", it's like they know that they have many people that wants boruto manga and anime to die. But i don't know if it's normal / common in the manga world. Does other manga said that kind of word on their front page/cover too??

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

Mega popular?! Really? Who reads this crap?

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

Forneverworld and Sawyer7mage

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

Don't forget double4anime.

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

Me, and as much as I don't want to say by choice.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

The only part that makes me curious , what's the point putting all of that word in the front cover ? ,especially when they said "THE NEW SERIES IS STILL GOING WELL" , almost like saying "WE ARE STILL HERE AND LIVE DAMN HATERS", it's like they know that they have many people that wants boruto manga and anime to die. But i don't know if it's normal / common in the manga world. Does other manga said that kind of word on their front page/cover too??

To me it comes off as the same as what Johnson is doing right now. They know they created a flop, they know that fans don't like what they did, they know their reputation is in ruin, they know they may be out of a job soon, and their lashing out at the fans while trying to justify what their doing is good it just the fans' fault for not liking it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 January 2018 - 01:06 AM.

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

So far none of the fights in the manga have been very good.

#11 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:28 AM

Well there hasn't been any real stand out fights in Naruto since the war arc happened

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:58 AM

Yeah like I said, the series has NOTHING going for it right now anyway. SO they attempted to draw in readers with with shock value just for the sake of shock value which is why it started off with the village blown up (not the first time *cough cough*) and Boruto fighting a against his possible "Sasuke boy toy". But of course if no one cares about those characters why would the shock value have any affect on any readers? Boruto is passed off as an EXTREMELY unlikable and rebellious brat, especially by Japanese social standards, and many former fans are unashamedly calling his dad a "scumbag" right now, so there is no reason to care what happens at the start of the story, especially since it is not the first time the village was nuked, and right now who cares if the "scumbag" is dead? :zaru:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 January 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:53 AM

im-sorry-who-are-you-again.jpg

(Referring to them, not you James)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

Better question. Who PAYS FOR this series? Not most of Japan anymore I can guarantee you that :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 January 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#15 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

Better question. Who PAYS FOR this series? Not most of Japan anymore I can guarantee you that :zaru:

Must be the companies that are making merchandise from the series. It must be selling which will keep the franchise alive. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#16 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

When you put a lot of money into something, spend a lot of time promoting it, you really don't want to directly say it's a flop. For example

* Gundam SEED Destiny suffered a ratings loss from it's predecessor, backlash both abroad and in Japan, and failed to move Gunpla kits. They still paint it as a success due to it's still high ratings and DVD sales, though one Bandai's former president admitted that Gundam couldn't survive with SEED's fanbase hence why they didn't make a third series.

* People still want to claim The Last Jedi is a success, citing box office and critical scores. The backlash, toys refusing to sell and the movie being pulled from China doesn't help it. Oh, never mind the media outlets reporting "it's because China never had Star Wars before" despite The Fast in The Furious doing well over there despite the exact same situation, or how Chinese reviews ripped the movie apart for "insulting the intelligence of the audience."

* Bleach being put "on hiatus" rather than saying the anime is cancelled.

* People still insisting Toonami is doing fine despite the severe ratings drop since Gundam and Jojo showed up that puts most shows around the same ratings One Piece got cancelled for.

You need to do pretty damn bad in order for a company to flat out say it's a flop because otherwise the public loses faith in the brand. Gundam AGE, Marvel comics these last couple of years, those sorts of things. They're not at the point where they're going to kill Boruto, but this smells of desperation of the highest order to make the public believe in the series. If something is good, you don't need to say it's good. Word of mouth will spread that message for ya.

Edited by RulesofNature, 21 January 2018 - 07:34 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Must be the companies that are making merchandise from the series. It must be selling which will keep the franchise alive. 

yeah and again that irks me to no end. That is literally the last pillow over face to fully kill of Boruto/Burrito :zaru:  

#18 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

When you put a lot of money into something, spend a lot of time promoting it, you really don't want to directly say it's a flop. For example

* Gundam SEED Destiny suffered a ratings loss from it's predecessor, backlash both abroad and in Japan, and failed to move Gunpla kits. They still paint it as a success due to it's still high ratings and DVD sales, though one Bandai's former president admitted that Gundam couldn't survive with SEED's fanbase hence why they didn't make a third series.

* People still want to claim The Last Jedi is a success, citing box office and critical scores. The backlash, toys refusing to sell and the movie being pulled from China doesn't help it. Oh, never mind the media outlets reporting "it's because China never had Star Wars before" despite The Fast in The Furious doing well over there despite the exact same situation, or how Chinese reviews ripped the movie apart for "insulting the intelligence of the audience."

* Bleach being put "on hiatus" rather than saying the anime is cancelled.

* People still insisting Toonami is doing fine despite the severe ratings drop since Gundam and Jojo showed up that puts most shows around the same ratings One Piece got cancelled for.

You need to do pretty damn bad in order for a company to flat out say it's a flop because otherwise the public loses faith in the brand. Gundam AGE, Marvel comics these last couple of years, those sorts of things. They're not at the point where they're going to kill Boruto, but this smells of desperation of the highest order to make the public believe in the series. If something is good, you don't need to say it's good. Word of mouth will spread that message for ya.

I have to wonder if companies should actually tell the truth sometimes instead of keep feeding lies. The reason I say this is because lying only gets the company in more trouble and it starts issues. Like the Last Jedi with some fans saying "Well, it is the theorist faults because they didn't get what they wanted. The movie is great and is making money while only the critics review matters." I actually had someone say this to me.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#19 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

I have to wonder if companies should actually tell the truth sometimes instead of keep feeding lies. The reason I say this is because lying only gets the company in more trouble and it starts issues. Like the Last Jedi with some fans saying "Well, it is the theorist faults because they didn't get what they wanted. The movie is great and is making money while only the critics review matters." I actually had someone say this to me.

Again, they only tell the truth when the situation is bad enough. Otherwise, they're trying to protect the company's image.

The thing is, reception is not a just short term thing. There are all kinds of films, books, tv shows and the like that initially got bad reviews and performed badly only to have their popularity grow over time. Stuff like The Big Lebowski, Big Trouble in Little China, The Thing, The Critic, Earthbound. And on the flip side, a lot of high profile well reviewed shows fall into obscurity as well as audiences turning against them. Stuff like The Hurt Locker, The Deer Hunter (for a while really), Final Fantasy X, The Phantom Menace initially got a bunch of good buzz (The Spoony One got death threats back when he wrote articles for magazines for criticizing the movie), Gundam SEED, even Naruto itself is a shadow of it's former glory.

And of course, a review is just one person's opinion on the matter. The only difference is it's published. Why should the critics be able to drown out the voices of those who disagree?

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#20 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

yeah and again that irks me to no end. That is literally the last pillow over face to fully kill of Boruto/Burrito :zaru:  

To me it's pathetic. Think about it. The sequel to one of the best series and manga in Japan which was part of the big three along with OP and Bleach, is doing so HORRIBLE it couldn't live up to its predecessors because they don't know what to do and all they're doing is pulling things out of their asses. And they think recycling ideas from the original series will give them ratings WRONG it's doing the complete opposite. It's NOT even in the top 100 anime in Japan, its truly disgraceful and an embarrassment. Yet Pierot does't care. Furthermore the companies that make merchandise could be the only thing that is keeping the franchise alive. If it wasn't for the high sales of the products Boruto would have been cancelled a long time ago. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 January 2018 - 11:19 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users