• Please log in to reply
8039 replies to this topic

#1 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

I did a quick search for a One Piece discussion thread and instead found two pages of general OP-threads that could all be gathered in one thread, so after reading the latest chapter I decided to make one. In this thread I would like for us to discuss the One Piece manga and anime, and I'll start off with my thoughts of chapter 494 "The Tragedy of Duval"

This is a classic Eiichiro Oda moment right there... the fans have been speculating about who the mysterious Duval was, and why he was hidden behind the mask. My theory was that it was Gin or Don Krieg, and if it was Gin he somehow got some reason to hate Sanji (the boat he gave them sunk and Don Krieg drowned?), but nooo~~... it was the ultimate in Oda-humor, and I should have predicted it. I should have known the second they showed us Sanji's wanted poster!! Hahaha, I love this arc already!!

#2 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

One Piece is a great manga that is simply going on for too long.

uc.png

#3 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

Well, as long as Oda can keep my interest, I'm sure I'll keep on loving this manga/anime. As it is now, it has been my favourite anime and manga for about two years, and I haven't seen any reason to change my mind yet. I guess I'm just a OP-fanboy, but I still find the humor and art to be awesome, and I love the story and all the characters (I admit Thriller Bark was a bit too long though).

#4 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:06 AM

I don't like One Piece at all, but I just really don't prefer any mangas or animes like it anyway.

#5 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:40 AM

Well now that Brooks joined the strewhats, and Luffy finally found a musican, who do you think will be the next crawmamber? as I reammber Luffy said he wanted atleast ten people so that makes for one more atleast...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#6 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they get a Mermaid with the ability to turn her tail into legs like that hag from Franky's story. Sanji probably wouldn't mind at all!

#7 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

this manga just really stands out with me. it really isnt like any other manga/anime out there.

and this chapter was proof why.

WHAT A TWIST!!!!

#8 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

apprently, alot of my friends don't like one piece just beacuse of the animation, cant understand why but it seems some people are turned off by cyborg with speedos tongue.gif

Made by Vongola10th

#9 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

Hehe.. One of my friends didn't even give it a chance because he thought their hands and feet were too big for their bodies...

#10 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

I didn't get into one piece because of its animation style. Got bored of Naruto and started reading OP manga and I couldn't stop until I reached the latest chapter. Since then I was hooked and I can't now understand why one piece is well liked. Its worth reading and hilarious to boot and I find that the animation quality though not always the best is not as bad as Naruto's so for me even the anime is not bad.

#11 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:52 PM

I'm pretty scared of the yaoi fangirls of OP. SanZo? ZoLu? Where's the sane people who prefer straight pairings like Luffy/Nami or Zoro/Tashigi (my favorite One Piece pairings)?
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#12 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (GhostNin @ Apr 6 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty scared of the yaoi fangirls of OP. SanZo? ZoLu? Where's the sane people who prefer straight pairings like Luffy/Nami or Zoro/Tashigi (my favorite One Piece pairings)?

They've probably been kidnapped and thrown in a cold and myrky dungeon where they barely survive on what little scraps of food the yaoi-fans gives them out of the kindness of their hearts... or lack thereof!

Yeah, I'm a Zoro/Tashigi fan as well, or a ZoRo-fan sometimes as well. LuNa is is also among my favs in OP-fandom. But for some reason unknown to me, the Naruto fandom is way way waaaaaaaay bigger.

Hey... that was a good idea *looks for NaruHina fans*

#13 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

Shipping in one piece? hmm I dont know, I could possibly say im a luffy/nami fan but I cant really see any pairing becoming a reailty in the anime tongue.gif

Made by Vongola10th

#14 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

Man, seriously, that humour is pretty dry...

What are teh chances of having this stupid lousy in art marine draw a picture of Sanji, and next second, the crew actually mEETS that exact guy on that picture that was drawn at random.

Apparently, chances are very high.

Lol, still love the manga, gd for comic relief, though they should hurry it along.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#15 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Apr 7 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shipping in one piece? hmm I dont know, I could possibly say im a luffy/nami fan but I cant really see any pairing becoming a reailty in the anime tongue.gif

I'm a LuNa fan too but the chances of them getting together are slim and none (I dunno if Luffy even knows the meaning of the word "love"), on the other hand Luffy could decide he needs someone to be Pirate Queen.

Edited by Ed-Kun, 07 April 2008 - 08:10 PM.

uc.png

#16 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

I know that Nami would volunteer if she was offered lots of treasure...
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#17 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (GhostNin @ Apr 8 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that Nami would volunteer if she was offered lots of treasure...

Lol, taking money for smex... Now if that was a job, what would they call it? tongue.gif

#18 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Apr 9 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, taking money for smex... Now if that was a job, what would they call it? tongue.gif

LOL!! Oh we all noe what that is, but if it were Nami, the job's status would be like, increased ten times or sth. tongue.gif

Am I the only one who likes Robin? ZoroRobin do seem pretty fun. laugh.gif
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#19 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Apr 9 2008, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one who likes Robin? ZoroRobin do seem pretty fun. laugh.gif

When I wrote ZoRo way up, it was ZoroRobin I meant XD
Robin is awesome... even if the whole "I have hands for everything" deal she's got going on is a little creepy... or is it? a_shifty.gif

#20 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Apr 9 2008, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robin is awesome... even if the whole "I have hands for everything" deal she's got going on is a little creepy... or is it? a_shifty.gif

Sounds like the plot for a doujinshi...

*mind wanders*

...Er, anyway, Duval got his problem "fixed", thanks to Sanj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users