55 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:55 AM

Due to the disappointment of the overall ending, I've given this question a lot of thought. Do you guys regret being a fan of the series or regret sticking around despite times when you were considering dropping it?

#2 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:59 AM

yes, i do regret being a fan of this abomination. naruto has been trash for years, but i'm the idiot who kept coming back for petty reasons.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#3 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:06 AM

Of course I do. I prided myself in reading high-quality stories. But because I read this trash, people are starting to doubt my taste in choosing stories.

I recommended my friend the NARUTO manga.
After the ending happened he called me at the middle of the night and do you know what he said?
"NEVER RECOMMEND ME A MANGA! FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU! FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!"

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 02 March 2015 - 05:13 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#4 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:24 AM

I can see why you guys regret it but to tell you the truth I don't because if not for Naruto the I never would have met you guys in the first place. The only thing I regret is trusting Kishi which will never  happen again. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#5 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:24 AM

Of course I do. I prided myself in reading high-quality stories. But because I read this trash, people are starting to doubt my taste in choosing stories.

After the ending happened he called me at the middle of the night and do you know what he said?
"NEVER RECOMMEND ME A MANGA! FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU! FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!"

lol your friend's comments are always funny. 

Edited by luffyq1, 02 March 2015 - 05:25 AM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#6 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

Say...wasn't he a bit too harsh? I mean...cmmon you didn't know it'd end this way. Its not supposed to be your fault! If you knew its gonna end this way you'd never recommend it, right? I find this comment wrong on his part. No offense to your friend.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#7 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:43 AM

I don't necessarily regret it because I really enjoyed the bulk of the manga. It's just those last 200 or so chapters really killed the story. But thanks to this manga I found some decent fanfics and headcanons to read and enjoy based off this one particular story. It takes the edge off how badly it ended. However I know I won't be reading anything Kishimoto does for a long time, if ever.

#8 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

Not particularly, because we were fans of SOMETHING. We all have to admit that there were things we liked about the story or we would have saw the ending coming. I think what I regret was allowing my shipping fever to get my hopes up for a satisfying ending when I should have seen the signs of poor quality and writing everywhere. I still think Part 1 was a great story, and Part 2 did offer some great things like Sakura's development (before her derailment), Killer Bee, expanded understanding of the political structure and greater world building... We got a character like Sai who I thought made a great addition to team 7.

We have to accept that what we loved did not turn out great. Would it have spared us the heartache? Sure, but then we had a lot of great memories. Many of us enjoyed cosplaying the characters, discussing them, bonding over them, and having something to look forward to weekly. There are some great fanfiction out there and I still love Naruto and Sakura, respectively and in a pairing. Did I like what they turned into? No. Do I see some really big issues with them now? Yes, especially for Naruto. But I can't say I wish I never was a fan. I just wish it didn't end the way that it did.

#9 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:08 AM

Do I regret being a Naruto fan. Hell yeah.  would have dropped this piece of trash after the Pain Arc just like i did with Bleach and Fairy Tail if it wasn't for NS. Do I regret being a NS fan? Hell no, I'll be NS fan till the day I sleep in my grave. I love you guys that much and this sunken ship for all days to come.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 02 March 2015 - 08:12 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#10 XJohnnyApprovesNarskuX

XJohnnyApprovesNarskuX

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, LuNa, NaLu, IchiRuki, Video games, Anime, Manga, Wrestling,Poetry, writing

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

I do regret. I should of known itd become kitten in the end but my dumbass held on hope itd be narusaku an have a good plot but what ever

hqdefault.jpg

NaruSaku is heaven and earth without one there'd never be the other

narusakuFTW LuffyXNami

#11 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

YES.

I dropped this kitten once,i knew something when i see it and i knew at that time this manga was finished.

But i returned only for NS.I didn't care about story or characters anything after i returned,all i cared and returned was for NS but that turned into something i can't even imagine.

One person recommended naruto to me 8 years before and after the ending i talked to him with all my rage and he won't recommending anything to anyone ever again.

#12 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Yes. If I knew the way it was going to end then I would've never followed it. I wish I never knew about it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#13 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

I have mixed feelings.
Do I regret it? Yes.
Because the manga plot went spiraling down to the point that the moral lesson is completely gone. All this time, one of the things that I believe in is a complete waste of time and is full of lies.

Do I regret it? No.
Because I have a fair share of happiness and excitement everytime a chapter or an episode comes out. A lot of my emotions have been poured in this manga. I still can't help but feel nostalgic whenever I see it.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#14 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

No, there was a reason I got into it. It was great at times and yes it did have problems but I still enjoyed most of it. This isn't the first time I read something with a bad ending and it won't be the last.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#15 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:55 PM

Yes I do, the first thing I posted on facebook when it ended was I wish I had seven years of my life back, they feel wasted, I finally understood why fans of Mass Effect raged on the Internet so much when they got to the end of the trilogy, I had a rough idea but never fully comprehended.

It still stings when I think that everything I thought Naruto stood for was a lie, him not ending with Sakura was not the issue, but what he became at the very end that contradicted everything that drew me to the charactor in the first place, because that's what it was, the charactors, not the story, the story for Naruto was average at best but iut was the charactors that sold the manga to me.

People rage about Harry and Hermoine not ending together (dispite it being obvious to those who read the book, H/G and Hr/R wee the end game from the first book) but the charactor of of Harry stayed true to his charactor and he grew up to be a upstanding citizen.

Look at the difference between the two endings, When Harry joined Hogwarts he was scared off being in Slytherin and that created a predjudice, when his own son worried about ending up there he cheered him up by telling him that house will have gained a great addition, that showed a great maturity and shift in views, Naruto at the beginning played pranks because he was a lonely child, and it took Iruka taking him out and spending time with him to show him the world isn't that bad, yet he himself tells his child to deal with it, showing he became a typical adult who as a child sees a problem but as an adult becomes part of the problem.

Edit: Also as a sidenote, my biggest regret is I encouraged my nephews to read the manga, and now I hope they never discovered manga or anime because this ending damaged my view on the entire Japanese entertainment industry.

Edited by harry4e, 02 March 2015 - 03:08 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#16 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

I regret it to an extent

For me the series officially peaked at the end of the Pain arc.  Yeah the end with the mass resurrection sucked, but there were plenty of other well written stuff before that.  Then it all went downhill from there.  I feel if I had dropped the series around that time, I wouldn`t be as upset with the ending as I am now.  But I guess none of us knew how bad things would get

#17 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

No, but I should've seen that ending coming. :<

Not because the canon ships had development, but the story was already disturbingly badly written, there were some SS hints in the end(not positive, but Sakura not moving on etc). I thought Naruto was kitten before the ending, but now after the ending what i worse than kitten? Never in my wildest imagination would I have predicted that.

ナルサク

#18 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Yes, and no. 

I began reading Naruto when I was in elementary school. I could relate to Part 1 because I was somewhat the targeted audience. It helped me get through a lot (and I mean a lot) of emotional issues. 

But after I began to grow up, I became so deeply attached to Naruto because it resembled what was left of my childhood. And that's where the problem arises. The day I stopped relating to Naruto should have been the day that I gave up on Naruto. I became way too emotionally attached, and in the end I suffered from it.  

I wish I could be one of those fans who brush of the mistakes of this ending (like the missing of Team Taka, or the fact that you had to pay for a movie to make sense of one chapter) but I can't. Because I take Naruto too seriously. The majority of Naruto fans blindly follow it's story. That's the truth. But me, I didn't. I stayed up till 3 am reading theories about who was Tobi, what would happen to Akatsuki, who was Pein, etc. 

I regret the actions I chose when reading Naruto. I should have never became emotionally attached to it. I also pride myself on reading good stories, and Naruto falls flat. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#19 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

No, because it got me writing again and that's a good thing. However, I think in the future I will not be so certain of an ending, no matter how clear cut it looks. Just because the story is right there in front of me doesn't mean the author, or those over him/her, can't screw it up. Even in the last gasp of the series. 

Two things have become much more common in the creative world lately: series works and stunning deaths. Movies and fiction are tapping into what mangas and tv series have been doing for a while — telling serialized stories. So there will only be more of these types of storylines in the future, not less. Naruto has shown me not to take it for granted that the ending is going to be satisfactorily resolved, for me or for the characters.

And we've entered an era of stunning, unprecedented character deaths, with little or no warning. Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, just to name a few. It's a bit of a gimmick, because it tricks audiences into having a deep reaction to a work with little to no effort on the part of the author. And the death of a beloved character, while having the appearance of having a big impact at that moment, may not mean much at all in the long term. As with Neji, his death was turned out just to be a plot device. Nothing more.

So with both of those things becoming more common right now in the creative/fictional world, I think it's much more likely to have unsatisfying endings like Naruto than it has been in the past. 

I don't regret being a fan, but like I said in another thread, Naruto will be a sign post for me, warning me that sometimes the potential of the story will end up being better than the story itself. 

#20 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

You know, saying I regret being a fan feels like putting the blame on myself. Like if I had done something different, things wouldn't be like they are now. I am thinking I should've seen it coming, but NS was created on purpose so we were not wrong to read it that way. Many of you are saying you'll be more cautious from now on, but this trap spesifically was inevitable.

Edited by sushi., 02 March 2015 - 11:50 PM.

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users