54175 replies to this topic

#48241 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

And yet we see in Naruto how Naruto hasn't been able to move on from Neji's death it seems, just like how Shikamaru couldn't move on from Asuma's, which shows how much better all the aspects of Final Fantasy VII are written than Naruto was.

How can anyone move on with peace and contentment when their lives were ruined because a bunch of people they don't even know wanted him to return the feelings of a girl with soulless eyes? It's not possible. I think pretty much anyone would be kittening miserable in that situation.

Edited by DrK, 19 February 2018 - 07:38 PM.

#48242 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

Its calmed down over the years, but it honestly used to be AS bad if not worse then NH/SS VS NS. I mean you had people accusing Cloti fans of only liking it because Tifa had big boobs. Or that "Tifa was not in the original script of FF7 therefore she's not important." Except that at one point Aerith was envisioned as Sephiroth's lover, and then his sister in the drafts....soo, if only the original drafts matter Seprith is a thing. In a lot of ways (imo) Tifa was the Hinata of ff7, but if Hinata were actually a good character with a back bone, who was capable and was actually important to the MC. ( so not like Hinata at all :lmao: except in similar arch type and looks. )

The thing about FF7 is that there are Optional scenes and routes, but certain ones are treated as "Canonical." for instance you can CHOOSE to have Yuffie and Vincent join the team, or you can ignore that. But SE has always treated the option where they join as canonical, just as they always treat the High affection scene with Tifa as canon, and Aerith's date with Cloud as canon. 

I'm actually really excited for the upcoming remake  :eager: 

I'm just looking forward to seeing a 3D Cloud in drag. People are betting that he will look like a blonde Lightning. :lmao:

And Tifa definitely had her Sakura moments, my favorites within the list were when she threatened and cursed out Barret for complaining if you decide to run up the floors of Shinra HQ (you know, the Stairwells of Hell), her threatening to crush Don Corneo's balls and the slapfight she got in with Scarlet, among others.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#48243 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

I'm just looking forward to seeing a 3D Cloud in drag. People are betting that he will look like a blonde Lightning. :lmao:

And Tifa definitely had her Sakura moments, my favorites within the list were when she threatened and cursed out Barret for complaining if you decide to run up the floors of Shinra HQ (you know, the Stairwells of Hell), her threatening to crush Don Corneo's balls and the slapfight she got in with Scarlet, among others.

​Yea Cross dresser Cloud probably will end up looking like a blonde lightening. 
​That time she got into a Slap fight with Scarlet was 10/10. If Hinata ended up getting slapped around like that she'd probably cry  :hehehe: 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#48244 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Well it is not that farfetched really. I mean if you look at Cloud's advent children portrayal and then compare it to Lightning's model, you see it is his face with long pink hair slapped on :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 February 2018 - 03:38 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#48245 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:13 PM

How can anyone move on with peace and contentment when their lives were ruined because a bunch of people they don't even know wanted him to return the feelings of a girl with soulless eyes? It's not possible. I think pretty much anyone would be kittening miserable in that situation.

And being with Hinatatas is only a constant reminder of that failure of "saving" Neji, which in turn constantly reminds Naruto of his obligation to her. It's an endless cycle that can only lead to self-destructive tendencies due to the depression he would no doubt feel, like the drinking and such.

2e5.gif

#48246 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

Welp my only thoughts for this conversation is  1) Cloufa 4 life!!!! and 2) Clourith, with Aerith dead, is STILL an infinitely better love story than Naruhina.

side note* ANY fictional romance is better than NaruHina!!! Why? Because NOT OTHER LOVE INTEREST ACTUALLY EVER RUINED THE STORY!!!!!!!! :rawr:  :rawr:  :rawr:

Ever fifty shades of gray series?

Its calmed down over the years, but it honestly used to be AS bad if not worse then NH/SS VS NS. I mean you had people accusing Cloti fans of only liking it because Tifa had big boobs. Or that "Tifa was not in the original script of FF7 therefore she's not important." Except that at one point Aerith was envisioned as Sephiroth's lover, and then his sister in the drafts....soo, if only the original drafts matter Seprith is a thing. In a lot of ways (imo) Tifa was the Hinata of ff7, but if Hinata were actually a good character with a back bone, who was capable and was actually important to the MC. ( so not like Hinata at all :lmao: except in similar arch type and looks. )
The thing about FF7 is that there are Optional scenes and routes, but certain ones are treated as "Canonical." for instance you can CHOOSE to have Yuffie and Vincent join the team, or you can ignore that. But SE has always treated the option where they join as canonical, just as they always treat the High affection scene with Tifa as canon, and Aerith's date with Cloud as canon. 
I'm actually really excited for the upcoming remake  :eager:

Tifa is the best final fantasy and an example of hottness and kickass girls that are strong, unlike hinata, who cares if tifa wasn't in the original script she's in the final product.

And, love it or hate it, one of Advent Children's constant themes involving Cloud was being able to move on, like Sephiroth being gone ("Go back to where you belong - in my memories.") and especially Zack and Aerith's deaths and to stop blaming himself for them. Heck, one of the last scenes of Advent Children was showing Cloud seeing Zack and Aerith's spirits moving to the light, an obvious show of them finally passing on contently, and Aerith telling him that "everything will be okay now".

I actually like advent children especially the complete version cause it explains more. That last fight with sephiroth was awesome and the scene during that with zack telling cloud he can beat him no problem was great and the last shot of zack and Aerith at the end was so good and from that Cloud did move on. Besides half of crisis core was about zack and Aerith and it worked especially after angeal death at zack's hands.

And yet we see in Naruto how Naruto hasn't been able to move on from Neji's death it seems, just like how Shikamaru couldn't move on from Asuma's, which shows how much better all the aspects of Final Fantasy VII are written than Naruto was.

Pussy all of them in naruto, I say shikamaru got over asumas death after beating hidan, but naruto can't get over death even he did twice with the third hokage and jiraya and maybe Garrard if you count that, that show naruto doesn't care about anyone be himself and sasuke. Any final fantasy is better written than Naruto even 10, 12 and all three games of 13.

#48247 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

And being with Hinatatas is only a constant reminder of that failure of "saving" Neji, which in turn constantly reminds Naruto of his obligation to her. It's an endless cycle that can only lead to self-destructive tendencies due to the depression he would no doubt feel, like the drinking and such.

What obligation, he's not obligated to hinata to do anything.  

Oh tifa in tfs ff7 abridged is so funny.

#48248 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

Pussy all of them in naruto, I say shikamaru got over asumas death after beating hidan, but naruto can't get over death even he did twice with the third hokage and jiraya and maybe Garrard if you count that, that show naruto doesn't care about anyone be himself and sasuke. Any final fantasy is better written than Naruto even 10, 12 and all three games of 13.

Shikamaru sorta did, but he did basically say he was going ot be Mirai's teacher, which to me is his guilt for "failing" Asuma, when it wans't that that failed him.

#48249 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:27 AM

Shikamaru sorta did, but he did basically say he was going ot be Mirai's teacher, which to me is his guilt for "failing" Asuma, when it wans't that that failed him.

Konoha's intelligence department failed him, if anything. I highly doubt that Hidan was very secretive about how his jutsu worked prior to that fight.

#48250 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:57 AM

Konoha's intelligence department failed him, if anything. I highly doubt that Hidan was very secretive about how his jutsu worked prior to that fight.

Can we agree that konoha's intelligence was awful at getting info.

#48251 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

Ever fifty shades of gray series?

Even "Fifty Shades of Grey." Hell even Twilight is better, and do you know why? Kinky estrogen-filled fantasies they may be, but at least no single character RUINS the series. Definitely not the designated love interest, I'll tell you that. And even if that is debatable, tell me, does one character in particular change the themes, core messages and morals of the story just for making them a couple with their significant other official? I don't think so

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 March 2018 - 12:30 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#48252 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:52 AM

Cloud and Tifa from Fantasy V or something, does the series have an anime now ?

#48253 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

Cloud and Tifa from Fantasy V or something, does the series have an anime now ?

It has two OVA anime adaptations based on a novel and the Nibelheim incident respectively, but that's it.  

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#48254 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

It has two OVA anime adaptations based on a novel and the Nibelheim incident respectively, but that's it.  

Ok. Thanks.

#48255 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

I don't care if it's Canon or not, Last Order was beautiful :argh:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#48256 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

I don't care if it's Canon or not, Last Order was beautiful :argh:

I like advant children more.

Using ff8 as comparision. It has reverse team 7 love triangle.

#48257 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

I like advant children more.

Using ff8 as comparision. It has reverse team 7 love triangle.

But as we all know, the best is FF9. ;)

#48258 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Do they kitten on Zack or Tifa the way that fans of one of the pro ender pairings mock and degrade either Naruto or Sakura?

Yes depending on where you go. The two places I went to with the Clerith fanbase in full swing are very salty about the pairings in FF7. They bash Tifa for everything that she is and praise Aerith like no tomorrow. Just like NH fans to Naruto, they ignore whatever Cloud says or does in the story. The Highwind scene only exists in the Japanese version of FF7, but they consider it non-canon because that requires Tifa to have a high connection with Cloud in game. Yes, it is a play mechanic to unlock, but so is Cloud and Aerith scenes in the same game. It is totally possible for Cloud and Aerith to have no scenes together outside of her forced death scene.

They are mostly on tumblr too, like the post I showed where they made claim that Tifa raped Cloud in the Highwind scenes because they apparently know Cloud never wanted that.

Clerith fans are alot like the pro-NH fans. Ignoring facts, choosing facts they want to choose, and making ridiculous statements like: "If Aerith doesn't love Zack like he loves her, then it is okay because he has to accept it, bt if Cloud doesn't love Aerith like she loves him, then he is a horrible man and a needs to have his throat slit." I also got plenty of threats and accused of being a Cloti fan only by bringing up the fact that Aerith is dead and Cloud moved on. I was never in the pairings of FF7, but I am Cloti fans for bringing up a truth and not blindly going with Cloud and Aerith.

I did go to a Cloti fansite once. They are more like us, but still have bad eggs in it that brag about winning and most of what they say is how the Clerith fans are big scumbags. I don't see alot of Aerith hate though. They like her as a character, but still feel Cloud is better off with Tifa.

I really can't agree with that. Outside of big breasts, she is nothing like Hinata. She is not shy, she is not weak, she is not useless, and she actually plays a huge role in the story from beginning to end. I mean, she actually goes and saves Cloud a few times successfully and not by jumping in front of a bullet either or stupid confessions. The breasts are like the only trait they have in common.

I can't even say Aerith is like Hinata either because again she was not weak, pathetic, and starving for Cloud's attention to give meaning to her existence.

If anything, Sakura is a mix of both Aerith and Tifa. At least for  when she was actually good before the end. She is strong, fist fighter who is also caring and can heal.

No, actually, I can't say Hinata is like any other character I have ever seen before in any media. Even other Moe girls I know that she has a striking appearence to have made greater impacts and yet have gained less.

SasuSaku didn't ruin the story though and IT like like the kitten fest that is Boruto is just a by product of making NH canon :yes: So it is only SLIGHTLY better in that regard and WAY WORSE in terms of relationship functionality :zaru:

SasuSaku is a bi-product of NH. The only reason why SS exists is because NH has to be canon and Sakura had to be taken off the market. There is no other reason. This is supported by the fact that Kishimoto himself said he has no reason why they are together.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48259 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:25 PM

But as we all know, the best is FF9. ;)

Preach brother.

@james
Zack is more "Naruto"-esque than cloud, since cloud is a shy character for jrpg MC.

I agree that sakura is more like combination of aerith healing and tifa brawling fighting style aka punchy.

I think the problem with ff7 is that, it's kinda ambigue and have no resolution video game wise.

I think it kinda funny that cloud is pretty much a tifa stlaker.

Hinata is like sakura Mato from fate stay night albeit less suffering than her and more shy. I don't think she's that special even among moe character. What make her stand out is sakura (the most hate female character), Hyuga hype, lack of appearance, oppai, and the only girl that treat Naruto good and love him.

Edited by rocci, 20 February 2018 - 10:30 PM.

#48260 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

Yes depending on where you go. The two places I went to with the Clerith fanbase in full swing are very salty about the pairings in FF7. They bash Tifa for everything that she is and praise Aerith like no tomorrow. Just like NH fans to Naruto, they ignore whatever Cloud says or does in the story. The Highwind scene only exists in the Japanese version of FF7, but they consider it non-canon because that requires Tifa to have a high connection with Cloud in game. Yes, it is a play mechanic to unlock, but so is Cloud and Aerith scenes in the same game. It is totally possible for Cloud and Aerith to have no scenes together outside of her forced death scene.
They are mostly on tumblr too, like the post I showed where they made claim that Tifa raped Cloud in the Highwind scenes because they apparently know Cloud never wanted that.
Clerith fans are alot like the pro-NH fans. Ignoring facts, choosing facts they want to choose, and making ridiculous statements like: "If Aerith doesn't love Zack like he loves her, then it is okay because he has to accept it, bt if Cloud doesn't love Aerith like she loves him, then he is a horrible man and a needs to have his throat slit." I also got plenty of threats and accused of being a Cloti fan only by bringing up the fact that Aerith is dead and Cloud moved on. I was never in the pairings of FF7, but I am Cloti fans for bringing up a truth and not blindly going with Cloud and Aerith.
I did go to a Cloti fansite once. They are more like us, but still have bad eggs in it that brag about winning and most of what they say is how the Clerith fans are big scumbags. I don't see alot of Aerith hate though. They like her as a character, but still feel Cloud is better off with Tifa.

I really can't agree with that. Outside of big breasts, she is nothing like Hinata. She is not shy, she is not weak, she is not useless, and she actually plays a huge role in the story from beginning to end. I mean, she actually goes and saves Cloud a few times successfully and not by jumping in front of a bullet either or stupid confessions. The breasts are like the only trait they have in common.
I can't even say Aerith is like Hinata either because again she was not weak, pathetic, and starving for Cloud's attention to give meaning to her existence.
If anything, Sakura is a mix of both Aerith and Tifa. At least for  when she was actually good before the end. She is strong, fist fighter who is also caring and can heal.
No, actually, I can't say Hinata is like any other character I have ever seen before in any media. Even other Moe girls I know that she has a striking appearence to have made greater impacts and yet have gained less.

SasuSaku is a bi-product of NH. The only reason why SS exists is because NH has to be canon and Sakura had to be taken off the market. There is no other reason. This is supported by the fact that Kishimoto himself said he has no reason why they are together.

Agreed tifa is better and better at hand to hand if she can take on yang from rwby. Plus tifa has a better rack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users